PDA

View Full Version : Schools sing praise to Allah, create propaganda posters for ISIS

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-21-2015, 10:53 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/11/20/schools-sing-praise-to-allah-create-propaganda-posters-for-isis.html

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH
Schools sing praise to Allah, create propaganda posters for ISIS
Todd Starnes
By Todd Starnes Published November 20, 2015 FoxNews.com

Are American public schools on the verge of becoming taxpayer-funded Madrassas?

In 2001 the founder of the Institute on Religious and Civic Values boasted about a covert plan to conduct a "bloodless" revolution inside American public classrooms – promoting an increased emphasis on the Islamic faith.

ADVERTISEMENT
Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch – a must-read for conservatives!

I wrote extensively about their plans to wage a stealth academic jihad in my book, “God Less America.” Read the chapter titled, “One Nation Under Allah.”

Still, it might surprise many moms and dads at the extent of Islamic indoctrination that’s infected their local public schools.

So it’s unconstitutional to sing “Amazing Grace” but school kids can sing praise songs to Allah?

Take, for example, what happened this week in Huntington Beach, California. A group of seventh graders were forced to learn a song promoting Islam.

It seems a teacher, who moonlights as an aspiring songwriter, crafted some lyrics to promote the Islamic faith:

“Like a sandstorm/on the desert/sending camels/into motion,” the lyrics read. “Like how a single faith/can make a heart open/They might only have one God/But they can make an explosion.”

They can make an explosion.

Subtle.

And the teacher used the melody of a song titled, “This is My Fight Song.”

Really Subtle.

Parent Nicole Negron posted her concerns on Facebook after her son brought home a notebook that included a stick-figure man saying, “Believe in Allah! There is no other god.”

“I believe that by singing this song, the children feel comfortable believing that Allah might be the only god and maybe that they should start following him,” she told CBS Los Angeles.

The local school district called the song “unfortunate” – especially in the aftermath of the Muslim terrorist attacks in Paris.

“It was not the intention of the teacher to incite, anger or offend,” Superintendent Carol Hansen told the Orange County Register.

Even the folks at the local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations frowned on boys and girls singing in four-part harmony about Muslims making an explosion.

“Obviously the teacher could have had a better choice of words,” Ojaala Ahmad told the newspaper. “Those [lyrics] were very open to interpretation.”

So it’s unconstitutional to sing “Amazing Grace” but school kids can sing praise songs to Allah?

You would think the atheists and agnostics and freethinkers would be outraged over such Islamic indoctrination. You would think they would’ve already dispatched their lawyers – demanding they cease and desist.

But as we all know – the atheist, agnostics and freethinkers only attack Christians. As the songwriter one wrote, I suspect they turn a blind eye to the Muslims because they fear someone might “make an explosion.”

Meanwhile, freshmen at Utah’s Salem Junior High School were instructed to create a propaganda poster for terrorist organizations like the Islamic State.

CBS News reports the front page of the project lists “eight reasons why young Muslims join ISIS” and the back page required student to draw a “terrorism propaganda poster.”

I can only imagine what the kids came up with: “ISIS: It’s a Blast!” “Kill Infidels By Day, Ride Camels at Night!” “Join ISIS Today and Get a Free Reversible Suicide Vest!”

Well, it turns out parents had a problem with their children becoming a de facto public relations firm for Islamic radicals.

The Nebo School District canceled the assignment and apologized. It turns out the lesson was not approved by the school nor was it part of any official curriculum.

“She [the teacher] wanted the students to understand how propaganda can be wrong and lead people incorrectly,” spokesperson Lana Hiskey told CBS News.

“She was just very enthusiastic and wanted students to understand that propaganda is not good.”

The district said the lesson was meant to help students understand the goals of terrorist groups.

Well, let me drop a little knowledge on you, kids. The Islamic radicals want to kill you. They want to kill your families. They want to kill your friends. That’s pretty much all you need to know about the Islamic radicals.

It's bad enough we have apologists for radical Islam in the White House, but to have them in our school houses is simply unacceptable – and downright dangerous.

--------------------------------------------------------
This is how they plan on defeating us--all of us! One cut at a time.....
The fact that teacher is not only NOT fired but also NOT drummed out of town is why these vermin get by with this damn stuff!
DO ANY OF YOU THINK ANY OF THIS TYPE OF SHIT GOES ON IN NATIONS UNDER THEIR CONTROL???
WELL, IF NOT-- THEN WHY ARE WE TO LET THE STINKING BASTARDS DO IT HERE!??? :mad::mad::mad::mad: --TYR

LongTermGuy
11-21-2015, 11:14 PM
~ "A group of seventh graders were forced to learn a song promoting Islam"

It seems a teacher, who moonlights as an aspiring songwriter, crafted some lyrics to promote the Islamic faith" ~

~“It was not the intention of the teacher to incite, anger or offend,” Superintendent Carol Hansen told the Orange County Register." ~

Really? ^^^

`All it takes is one stinkin dirty bastard.....*and appeasing...tolerant stinkin Leftist singing Kum-by-ya...ka...sera...sera...what will be...will be....`

One day...soon... Patriots...we will get America back again...

Kathianne
11-22-2015, 09:16 AM
The story on the song is disturbing on a level the 'poster' story doesn't rise to, imo. While the poster seems to seems to be at best an attempt by the new, young, probably ignorant teacher to 'excite' the class in an assignment; the 'song' seems to be an indoctrination attempt.

http://www.latimes.com/socal/hb-independent/news/tn-hbi-me-1120-ocean-view-song-20151120-story.html

To me, the quote given as explanation is contrary to what is allowed regarding religion in public schools. It doesn't even attempt to be instructive in the most basic tenets of Islam, rather trying to recruit:

"I believe that by singing this song, the children feel comfortable believing that maybe Allah is the only God and maybe that they should start following him," she said in an interview with CBS Los Angeles on Tuesday.

On the other hand, the poster assignment seems to have been a misguided attempt to use 'current events' to incite interest of students in assignment. This first year teacher needed to have had her lesson plans vetted by department head or mentor.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/11/teacher-apologizes-for-isis-poster-assignment/

Teacher apologizes for ISIS poster assignment (http://blogs.mprnews.org/newscut/2015/11/teacher-apologizes-for-isis-poster-assignment/)
It probably seemed like a good idea at the time for a first-year teacher in Utah who was trying to teach kids why people are lured into terrorism.

But timing is everything. And the part of the assignment instructing the junior high kids to make terrorist recruitment posters ran afoul of the times (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/salem-junior-high-school-in-utah-apologizes-for-isis-poster-assignment/).

http://publicradio1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/newscut/files/2015/11/terror_poster.jpg (http://publicradio1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/newscut/files/2015/11/terror_poster.jpg)
She might’ve had better luck with popular opinion had she told the kids to create “Syrians go home (http://www.npr.org/2015/11/20/456713306/governor-who-started-stampede-on-refugees-says-he-only-wants-answers?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=storiesfromnpr)” posters instead.

“She wanted the students to understand how propaganda can be wrong and lead people incorrectly,” Lana Hiskey, a spokeswoman for the Nebo school district, said of the teacher.

While the author was being snarky about the 'suggested alternative assignment' if the teacher had said to create 'persuasive posters' on refugees or against terror with accompanying related news stories used for 'inspiration' would have been ok.

gabosaurus
11-22-2015, 11:08 AM
If the woman was uncomfortable with the assignment, why didn't she opt out of the unit? Or was she just looking for publicity?

The teacher, a longtime educator at Spring View, was adhering to the district's social studies curriculum, the statement said. When the seventh grade social studies classes cover world history, the learning materials include early civilizations; the Roman and Islamic empires; and world religions, such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism.

I know this for a fact because my daughter's class did the same assignment in middle school. Parents are sent a notice in advance of the unit that details what will be taught and why. Those who feel uncomfortable with the subject matter can ask for alternative material.

The unit is actually intended to show kids how terrorists work so they won't be susceptible to what they see and read on the internet. You would be surprised what it out there. If kids are taught to recognize blatant propaganda, they won't fall for it.

My daughter's class learned about all faiths. Leaders all all four major faiths spoke to the class, including an Iman. No one complained to Fox News.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 11:15 AM
TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH
Schools sing praise to Allah, create propaganda posters for ISIS
Todd Starnes
By Todd Starnes Published November 20, 2015 FoxNews.com

Are American public schools on the verge of becoming taxpayer-funded Madrassas?

In 2001 the founder of the Institute on Religious and Civic Values boasted about a covert plan to conduct a "bloodless" revolution inside American public classrooms – promoting an increased emphasis on the Islamic faith.

ADVERTISEMENT
Click here to join Todd’s American Dispatch – a must-read for conservatives!

I wrote extensively about their plans to wage a stealth academic jihad in my book, “God Less America.” Read the chapter titled, “One Nation Under Allah.”

Still, it might surprise many moms and dads at the extent of Islamic indoctrination that’s infected their local public schools.

Take, for example, what happened this week in Huntington Beach, California. A group of seventh graders were forced to learn a song promoting Islam.

It seems a teacher, who moonlights as an aspiring songwriter, crafted some lyrics to promote the Islamic faith:

“Like a sandstorm/on the desert/sending camels/into motion,” the lyrics read. “Like how a single faith/can make a heart open/They might only have one God/But they can make an explosion.”

They can make an explosion.

Subtle.

And the teacher used the melody of a song titled, “This is My Fight Song.”

Really Subtle.

Parent Nicole Negron posted her concerns on Facebook after her son brought home a notebook that included a stick-figure man saying, “Believe in Allah! There is no other god.”

“I believe that by singing this song, the children feel comfortable believing that Allah might be the only god and maybe that they should start following him,” she told CBS Los Angeles.

The local school district called the song “unfortunate” – especially in the aftermath of the Muslim terrorist attacks in Paris.

“It was not the intention of the teacher to incite, anger or offend,” Superintendent Carol Hansen told the Orange County Register.

Even the folks at the local chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations frowned on boys and girls singing in four-part harmony about Muslims making an explosion.

“Obviously the teacher could have had a better choice of words,” Ojaala Ahmad told the newspaper. “Those [lyrics] were very open to interpretation.”

You would think the atheists and agnostics and freethinkers would be outraged over such Islamic indoctrination. You would think they would’ve already dispatched their lawyers – demanding they cease and desist.

But as we all know – the atheist, agnostics and freethinkers only attack Christians. As the songwriter one wrote, I suspect they turn a blind eye to the Muslims because they fear someone might “make an explosion.”

Meanwhile, freshmen at Utah’s Salem Junior High School were instructed to create a propaganda poster for terrorist organizations like the Islamic State.

CBS News reports the front page of the project lists “eight reasons why young Muslims join ISIS” and the back page required student to draw a “terrorism propaganda poster.”

I can only imagine what the kids came up with: “ISIS: It’s a Blast!” “Kill Infidels By Day, Ride Camels at Night!” “Join ISIS Today and Get a Free Reversible Suicide Vest!”

Well, it turns out parents had a problem with their children becoming a de facto public relations firm for Islamic radicals.

The Nebo School District canceled the assignment and apologized. It turns out the lesson was not approved by the school nor was it part of any official curriculum.

“She [the teacher] wanted the students to understand how propaganda can be wrong and lead people incorrectly,” spokesperson Lana Hiskey told CBS News.

“She was just very enthusiastic and wanted students to understand that propaganda is not good.”

The district said the lesson was meant to help students understand the goals of terrorist groups.

Well, let me drop a little knowledge on you, kids. The Islamic radicals want to kill you. They want to kill your families. They want to kill your friends. That’s pretty much all you need to know about the Islamic radicals.

It's bad enough we have apologists for radical Islam in the White House, but to have them in our school houses is simply unacceptable – and downright dangerous.

This is how they plan on defeating us--all of us! One cut at a time.....
The fact that teacher is not only NOT fired but also NOT drummed out of town is why these vermin get by with this damn stuff!
DO ANY OF YOU THINK ANY OF THIS TYPE OF SHIT GOES ON IN NATIONS UNDER THEIR CONTROL???
WELL, IF NOT-- THEN WHY ARE WE TO LET THE STINKING BASTARDS DO IT HERE!??? :mad::mad::mad::mad: --TYR

I remember when we lowly, white Christian folk said a prayer before lunch in school.

jimnyc
11-22-2015, 11:17 AM
I would have had my son get a large jar, fill it with urine and drop a small Muhammad in there. Then of course declare it "art". At least he wouldn't be getting public funding for it.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 11:18 AM
If the woman was uncomfortable with the assignment, why didn't she opt out of the unit? Or was she just looking for publicity?

I know this for a fact because my daughter's class did the same assignment in middle school. Parents are sent a notice in advance of the unit that details what will be taught and why. Those who feel uncomfortable with the subject matter can ask for alternative material.

The unit is actually intended to show kids how terrorists work so they won't be susceptible to what they see and read on the internet. You would be surprised what it out there. If kids are taught to recognize blatant propaganda, they won't fall for it.

My daughter's class learned about all faiths. Leaders all all four major faiths spoke to the class, including an Iman. No one complained to Fox News.

Do we have a steaming pile of sh*t emoticon? Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

jimnyc
11-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Do we have a steaming pile of sh*t emoticon? Jesus Christ. :rolleyes:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shit/turd.gif

Gunny
11-22-2015, 11:37 AM
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/shit/turd.gif

I have to admit. I liked California schools. I was a damned genius in their school system it was so dumb. I didn't have to bother to think. I got to relearn crap in the 6th grade I'd learned in the 2nd grade in Texas and Florida.

"And this is a way to teach kids about terrorism". Sure. Guess in all fairness they need to teach about their other enemy, Jesus and sing Jesus Loves Me. Morons.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-22-2015, 11:48 AM

studies classes cover world history, the learning materials include early civilizations; the Roman and Islamic empires; and world religions, such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Buddhism.
Islamic empires!!!!???????????????????????? :puke3:

Really???
I wonder why there is no Christian Empire studied in school..........
In fact , this propaganda cover about studying all major religions in school only came about because Islam demanded it--before that the stinking/atheists and most dems libs demanded all religion out of schools!
Remember how prayer in school was abolished--but as soon as Islam demanded its term , the bastards caved and now we get religion taught in schools!!--Tyr

Gunny
11-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Islamic empires!!!!???????????????????????? :puke3:

Really???
I wonder why there is no Christian Empire studied in school..........
In fact , this propaganda cover about studying all major religions in school only came about because Islam demanded it--before that the stinking/atheists and most dems libs demanded all religion out of schools!
Remember how prayer in school was abolished--but as soon as Islam demanded its term , the bastards caved and now we get religion taught in schools!!--Tyr

Because you're not allowed to wear THAT t-shirt.

Kathianne
11-22-2015, 12:24 PM

Actually what the kids should have learned regarding Islam are the pillars, not recruitment. As for the particular assignment, would have been ok in combined English/Social Studies, with modifications. As it stood? No.

gabosaurus
11-22-2015, 12:29 PM
Actually what the kids should have learned regarding Islam are the pillars, not recruitment. As for the particular assignment, would have been ok in combined English/Social Studies, with modifications. As it stood? No.

The assignment teaches the basics and background of the major religions. Kids learn about Isis as part of a discussion, because it is in the news. Islam Extremism is discussed in a pragmatic manner, free of the radical hysterics endorsed by terrorist Republicans.

Kathianne
11-22-2015, 02:23 PM
The assignment teaches the basics and background of the major religions. Kids learn about Isis as part of a discussion, because it is in the news. Islam Extremism is discussed in a pragmatic manner, free of the radical hysterics endorsed by terrorist Republicans.
Actually if you read the lesson plan, it does no such thing.

PixieStix
11-22-2015, 02:45 PM

Islamic extremism? Terrorist Republicans? Are you kidding me?

The basics of your beloved extremists, is murder and mayhem, subjugation of women, hanging of gays, stoning of adulterous women even if it was rape. and it goes on and on. Oh and by the way Saudi Arabia employs a beheader, for many of the sins against allah. That is sharia law

But I am not going to try to convince you, because you are stuck on leftist apologetics.

I would never allow my child to go to a public school these days.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 05:05 PM
My daughter's a public school teacher now. I'd LOVE to be a bird in a tree and see them tell HER she's teaching THIS.

And my granddaughters go to private school. I doubt anyone's got to worry about that church school preaching this crap.

namvet
11-22-2015, 09:32 PM
no matter how you cut it still constitutes child abuse. the teacher should be put to death

Noir
11-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Prime example of why practices such as 'singing religious songs' should be kept well away from public schools.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 09:43 PM
no matter how you cut it still constitutes child abuse. the teacher should be put to death

Anyone that abuses a child is dead meat in my eyes.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 09:54 PM
Prime example of why practices such as 'singing religious songs' should be kept well away from public schools.

Prime example of why not teaching our children the truth has turned out a bunch of goofs like you.

Gunny
11-22-2015, 10:08 PM

You can't kill my daughter. We won't be best friends. My daughter's a medically retired Army vet courtesy of an IED in Iraq. You think she's going to teach this shit? And she's damned sure a chip off the old block. I don't even know how she got to be a school teacher. She's meaner than I am.

Noir
11-23-2015, 03:02 AM
Prime example of why not teaching our children the truth has turned out a bunch of goofs like you.

"The truth" being?