PDA

View Full Version : Too Fat?

Perianne
11-24-2015, 07:01 PM
A man was kicked off a plane because he is a few pounds overweight. Watch the video and watch how he is sitting. I have been next to people whose gut was so big they have to spread their legs just so they could breathe. The "elderly, petite" woman next to him complained.

An Orange County man said he is outraged by the way he was treated on an American Airlines flight because he is overweight.
Chris Shelley claimed he was kicked off the plane because he weighs a few more pounds.
“The worst part was being treated as if I was some sort of criminal. Not only a criminal, but a fat criminal,” Shelley said.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/11/23/passenger-claims-he-was-almost-kicked-off-plane-for-being-overweight/

darin
11-25-2015, 02:04 AM
Stacey Butler is kinda naughty...

:D

Abbey Marie
11-25-2015, 11:02 AM
Throwing him off the plane is absurd.

But- just seeing how he was sitting for the interview, of all things, tells me what I need to know. His legs are spread very wide apart, something that a lot of men, fat or skinny, do. I'm willing to bet that he was sitting just like that on the plane, and was therefore spilling way over into her little bit of seat-space. This used to happen to me all the time on Amtrak, and I got ticked too.

I don't know that it is an issue of fat, so much as an issue of being inconsiderate.

Perianne
11-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Throwing him off the plane is absurd.

But- just seeing how he was sitting for the interview, of all things, tells me what I need to know. His legs are spread very wide apart, something that a lot of men, fat or skinny, do. I'm willing to bet that he was sitting just like that on the plane, and was therefore spilling way over into her little bit of seat-space. This used to happen to me all the time on Amtrak, and I got ticked too.

I don't know that it is an issue of fat, so much as an issue of being inconsiderate.

It may be more an issue of inconsideration, but I have noticed large people by necessity have to spread their legs to release pressure on the diaphragm, which causes breathing. They are so accustomed to doing the leg-spread thing that they are not aware of the discomfort it causes others.

Abbey Marie
11-25-2015, 02:23 PM
It may be more an issue of inconsideration, but I have noticed large people by necessity have to spread their legs to release pressure on the diaphragm, which causes breathing. They are so accustomed to doing the leg-spread thing that they are not aware of the discomfort it causes others.

I'll admit, I know nothing of diaphragm physiology, and have a hard time understanding the connection between leg and chest areas. I will take your word for it, though. :cool:

But then there is the fact that regular-sized guys also do the leg spread quite a bit. It tends to make me think that diaphragm restriction or not, men do it because they like it. And they can.