PDA

View Full Version : Wildlife removal.

glockmail
11-26-2015, 12:26 AM
I've had an infestation in the ceiling of my cabin, tried everything to get rid of them. Finally hired a company to do it. They think its squirrels. They sealed all possible entrances except one, set the one with a one way door earlier today. I checked it tonight with a flashlight from the ground, thee chipmunks running around it, can't get back in! Out to the woods you go!

Perianne
11-26-2015, 08:49 AM
One time we had a pregnant mouse get into our house. It made a nest in the top of a storage closet. Soon we had mice everywhere.

glockmail
11-26-2015, 02:36 PM
My first house was riddled with mice when I moved in. Our cat did nothing. Got a second cat who cleaned the out one by one. He was the best cat ever!

Gunny
11-26-2015, 02:43 PM
I've had an infestation in the ceiling of my cabin, tried everything to get rid of them. Finally hired a company to do it. They think its squirrels. They sealed all possible entrances except one, set the one with a one way door earlier today. I checked it tonight with a flashlight from the ground, thee chipmunks running around it, can't get back in! Out to the woods you go!

They won't give THAT easy. I had a squirrel I couldn't get rid of for shit. Worse, the woodpecker that lived in the wall right above my damned bed. And they are like cardinals, the family will nest there forever. I wanted to shoot that damned woodpecker SO bad. :laugh:

LongTermGuy
11-26-2015, 02:59 PM
They won't give THAT easy. I had a squirrel I couldn't get rid of for shit. Worse, the woodpecker that lived in the wall right above my damned bed. And they are like cardinals, the family will nest there forever. I wanted to shoot that damned woodpecker SO bad. :laugh:

Wood Pecker Problems? One Mans answer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14nmlZ0gpC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADA4M1eF40

Perianne
11-26-2015, 03:05 PM
I thought guys would like to have a wood pecker.

I made another funny!!! lol

Gunny
11-26-2015, 03:06 PM
Wood Pecker Problems? One Mans answer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14nmlZ0gpC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADA4M1eF40

It was either in my house or in my tree. Not shooting my house, and if I shot at him in the tree the neighbors across the road behind me with kids might have not been too pleased. Not to mention if I got caught discharging a firearm within San Antonio city limits.

glockmail
11-26-2015, 06:41 PM

I've had woodpecker at my house and shot behind it with a 20 gauge. He got the message, but it took several.

The service gives me a one year guarantee. Evidently they plug the holes with some nasty shit.

Elessar
11-26-2015, 08:01 PM

Blinks....:laugh2:

Gunny
11-26-2015, 08:30 PM

Wood and pecker are redundant.

LongTermGuy
11-26-2015, 08:35 PM
It was either in my house or in my tree. Not shooting my house, and if I shot at him in the tree the neighbors across the road behind me with kids might have not been too pleased. Not to mention if I got caught discharging a firearm within San Antonio city limits.

​The Spider is anti-gun....and has no weapons built into it...

Gunny
11-26-2015, 08:48 PM
​The Spider is anti-gun....and has no weapons built into it...

A LOT of hindsight on this one. A .45. (mm, and/or .308 might have been a little bit of overkill. :laugh: I should have just gone and bought a good .22 pellet rifle. But I wanted his little ass DEAD.

glockmail
11-26-2015, 09:40 PM
I bought my son a Gamo air rifle years ago and it's good for knocking off pests of this size. We had a robin flying into our windows, tried everything to discourage him. I finally have my son the go ahead and one shot, the poor bastard was gone.

Do the math gunny, the energy deliver to a small animal with a .177 caliber round at 1100 fps is devastating. And little chance of inflicting collateral damage.

LongTermGuy
11-26-2015, 09:52 PM
I bought my son a Gamo air rifle years ago and it's good for knocking off pests of this size. We had a robin flying into our windows, tried everything to discourage him. I finally have my son the go ahead and one shot, the poor bastard was gone.

Do the math gunny, the energy deliver to a small animal with a .177 caliber round at 1100 fps is devastating. And little chance of inflicting collateral damage.

That will work also....`depending on Mood` and if one choose to kill the WOOD Pecker..