PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving - Bah Humbug

Gunny
11-26-2015, 12:24 PM
I didn't want to trash anyone else's happy thread is the only reason I made a separate one.

First off, Thanksgiving as we know it is based on myth. The indians didn't come save the starving pilgrims. The pilgrims were having a party and the local indians came by out of curiosity and pitched in. Interesting that Puritans were celebrating the harvest which is Pagan.

Then there's the fact that it's just an excuse for overly self-indulgent food worshipers to stuff their faces. I can't eat like that. If I stuff myself I am physically miserable the rest of the day. I eat off and on all day but in small portions. I can't just sit and gorge. Which appears to offend those around me. The food worshipers where I am just kind of don't compute to me. One especially gets absolutely giddy over it. :wtf:It's fuel.

Then there's the fact I hate bird. Thanksgiving dinner for ME would be BBQ brisket.

THEN there's cleaning up the mess from however many people you have over.

THEN there's the fact that since I don't really watch football, and all the other channels put on low-rent who cares "marathons" because they know the football geeks are watching football, I have nothing to watch that's worth a sh*t. And since most pf this board is football geeks, no point in posting to no one.

LongTermGuy
11-26-2015, 12:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5PjZCmlHYI

Gunny
11-26-2015, 12:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5PjZCmlHYI

That's not too far south of here.

Perianne
11-26-2015, 01:44 PM
I didn't want to trash anyone else's happy thread is the only reason I made a separate one.

First off, Thanksgiving as we know it is based on myth. The indians didn't come save the starving pilgrims. The pilgrims were having a party and the local indians came by out of curiosity and pitched in. Interesting that Puritans were celebrating the harvest which is Pagan.

Then there's the fact that it's just an excuse for overly self-indulgent food worshipers to stuff their faces. I can't eat like that. If I stuff myself I am physically miserable the rest of the day. I eat off and on all day but in small portions. I can't just sit and gorge. Which appears to offend those around me. The food worshipers where I am just kind of don't compute to me. One especially gets absolutely giddy over it. :wtf:It's fuel.

Then there's the fact I hate bird. Thanksgiving dinner for ME would be BBQ brisket.

THEN there's the fact that since I don't really watch football, and all the other channels put on low-rent who cares "marathons" because they know the football geeks are watching football, I have nothing to watch that's worth a sh*t. And since most pf this board is football geeks, no point in posting to no one.

Gunny, if you lived nearby, I would bring you some of my dressing. It is heavenly. It would probably even heal your knees. You wouldn't have to eat much to feel like a new man.

Gunny
11-26-2015, 02:05 PM
Gunny, if you lived nearby, I would bring you some of my dressing. It is heavenly. It would probably even heal your knees. You wouldn't have to eat much to feel like a new man.

Appreciate the offer but from what I see, there's going to be enough food to feed a company around here already.

I forgot to mention I hate going over to other people's houses. Going to the GF's mom's house and every one of them want to sit around and talk and drag eating out forever. I eat and when I'm done, I want to go. I sure don't want to listen to 2 teenage girls talking in Martian about mindless crap that doesn't matter.

WiccanLiberal
11-26-2015, 02:33 PM
Gotta agree with you about the amount of food served at most of these do's. And there is an awful lot of waste. V4R and I are having oven-fried chicken, some dressing and a vegetable. Simple and no waste. And we're watching history videos about WW2. No big travel and certainly no shopping. As far as I can tell, I woke up after a decent sleep, I have clean clothes to wear, enough food, my man and my pets. I have much to be thankful for.

Gunny
11-26-2015, 03:03 PM
Gotta agree with you about the amount of food served at most of these do's. And there is an awful lot of waste. V4R and I are having oven-fried chicken, some dressing and a vegetable. Simple and no waste. And we're watching history videos about WW2. No big travel and certainly no shopping. As far as I can tell, I woke up after a decent sleep, I have clean clothes to wear, enough food, my man and my pets. I have much to be thankful for.

Up to me I'd have a pizza delivered and wouldn't be going anywhere. And when the history channel used to have history shows, it was my favorite. Seems they should call themselves the UFO Channel anymore.

sundaydriver
11-27-2015, 06:51 AM
Gunny, The only reason you're all Bah Humbug over Thanksgiving is because it's not served the way you remember it best.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/rover27/sw59Pn8_zpsq2tvg615.jpg (http://s386.photobucket.com/user/rover27/media/sw59Pn8_zpsq2tvg615.jpg.html)

Jeff
11-27-2015, 08:02 AM

Feel free to trash away, just makes the food taste better. :laugh:

This was also the first time shine was drank at a meal ( see I taught ya some history ) :laugh:

Then there's the fact that it's just an excuse for overly self-indulgent food worshipers to stuff their faces. I can't eat like that. If I stuff myself I am physically miserable the rest of the day. I eat off and on all day but in small portions. I can't just sit and gorge. Which appears to offend those around me. The food worshipers where I am just kind of don't compute to me. One especially gets absolutely

I eat off and on all day as well, well mostly on but that is another story.
giddy over it. :wtf:It's fuel.

Jam up tasting fuel.

Got to come try one of my deep fried birds, it will have you going to buy a cooker in a heart beat. :thumb:

Girl friends , wife , kids hell there has to be someone to clean up for ya, hell I bet you could get Noir to come clean the crib, you might have to give him one of those white tornado things but hell all will be clean ( except Noir that is ) :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Record a few good movies, hell they don't even have to be that good, if your like me you will fall a sleep after eating so much. :laugh:

OK we will try and address this in stages, seeing as my buddy Gunny is so shot out.