PDA

View Full Version : Who Killed Kennedy?

Perianne
11-27-2015, 04:23 PM
I watched a documentary last night about the death of John Kennedy.

What do you think was the real story behind the assassination of Kennedy?

Gunny
11-27-2015, 04:32 PM

An idiot named Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from the school book depository. He had delusions of grandeur. The shots that he took were nothing for a Marine. Hell, I could have done as good with a lever action rifle with no scope. Oswald had a 7mm Carcano bolt action rifle which is way more accurate.

The whole conspiracy thing is a joke.

glockmail
11-27-2015, 04:38 PM
LBJ orchestrated it.

WiccanLiberal
11-27-2015, 04:43 PM
The conspiracies are entertaining fiction. Oswald shit him. We don't like to think that a figure as powerful as the US president can be taken out by a single wingnut but that is the only real way it has ever happened. History demonstrates the success of a single person committed to a killing shot.

glockmail
11-27-2015, 05:00 PM
RFK was closing in on the true story, so LBJ had him killed too.

Perianne
11-27-2015, 05:17 PM
The conspiracies are entertaining fiction. Oswald shit him. We don't like to think that a figure as powerful as the US president can be taken out by a single wingnut but that is the only real way it has ever happened. History demonstrates the success of a single person committed to a killing shot.

I haven't heard that one before. :)

joking :)

Black Diamond
11-27-2015, 05:21 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald. Oliver Stone made a lot of money with his distortions.

WiccanLiberal
11-27-2015, 05:23 PM
I haven't heard that one before. :)

joking :)

Meant shot but can't type for shit LOL

Black Diamond
11-27-2015, 05:26 PM

Exactly. Similar sentiments re 9/11

Black Diamond
11-27-2015, 05:28 PM
An idiot named Lee Harvey Oswald shot him from the school book depository. He had delusions of grandeur. The shots that he took were nothing for a Marine. Hell, I could have done as good with a lever action rifle with no scope. Oswald had a 7mm Carcano bolt action rifle which is way more accurate.

The whole conspiracy thing is a joke.
Yeah Oliver Stone said Oswald was a poor shot. Truth is, he made sharpshooter. Can you comment on that?

Elessar
11-27-2015, 07:32 PM
LBJ orchestrated it.

I did not like LBJ much, but do you have fact to
back up that preposterous remark?

And the one about RFK as well?

Gunny
11-27-2015, 08:07 PM
Yeah Oliver Stone said Oswald was a poor shot. Truth is, he made sharpshooter. Can you comment on that?

Sure. There are 3 levels. Marksman, Sharpshooter and Expert. Sharpshooter is the one in the middle. IIRC it's 205 to 219. That's on a yard range. Metric is 216. I have no idea where he qualified.

Point is, we START at 200 meters. Sitting, kneeling then offhand (standing). Go back to 300 meters and it's sitting and prone. Then back to 500 meters in the prone. Now you give a Marine a rifle and you
re at under 100 yards with a rest and a bolt action rifle? Toast.

aboutime
11-27-2015, 08:17 PM

Perianne. Every year, around the 22nd of November. All of the CONSPIRACY JUNKIES begin their annual Field Day on conspiracy theories that are dedicated to EARNING MONEY in the perpetuation of a Gross Series of LIES.

After all these years. The same question is asked about Kennedy...much like the Hollywood Staging of the Landing on the Moon in July of 1969.

Wanna have some fun? Go back and learn about all the coincidences with names...between LINCOLN, and KENNEDY. Somehow Coincidence has become the standard for Conspiracy Theory. ALL JUST JOKES. IMO.

glockmail
11-27-2015, 08:18 PM
I did not like LBJ much, but do you have fact to
back up that preposterous remark?

And the one about RFK as well?

He had motive and opportunity.

Gunny
11-27-2015, 08:28 PM
He had motive and opportunity.

Motive, yes. Opportunity, no. No connection whatsoever between Oswald and LBJ. Shit happens. Some people can't accept that. Why did Charles Whitman shoot a bunch of college students from the UT tower? Some people just can't accept the fact there isn't an explanation for everything. If Oswald or Whitman had lived, I doubt they could tell you why they did it.

glockmail
11-27-2015, 10:29 PM
LBJ had plenty of underhanded Democrat cronies in Tx. That gave him opportunity.

Black Diamond
11-27-2015, 10:40 PM
Conspiracy theorists never comment on the fact that Oswald shot at some city councilman's house a week before the shooting. Was he put up to that?

And who killed officer Tippett? Was he on Johnson's shit list too?

Gunny
11-27-2015, 10:50 PM
LBJ had plenty of underhanded Democrat cronies in Tx. That gave him opportunity.

Oswald wasn't a Texan. If LBJ wanted to kill Kennedy, he wouldn't have hired a fruit loop. LBJ was guilty of crony-ism. He still wasn't behind the JFK assassination.

glockmail
11-28-2015, 09:11 AM
The fact that Oswald was a fruit made it easy for LBJ s cronies to manipulate him. Why do you think they killed him afterwards?

Gunny
11-28-2015, 09:18 AM
The fact that Oswald was a fruit made it easy for LBJ s cronies to manipulate him. Why do you think they killed him afterwards?

Didn't happen. NOBODY would hire a fruitloop to assassinate a President. No one would trust him. He did it on his own for who knows what ideological reason.

glockmail
11-28-2015, 09:21 AM
So you say, but still, motive and opportunity.

Gunny
11-28-2015, 09:29 AM
So you say, but still, motive and opportunity.

The mob had motive and opportunity as did Castro as did the USSR. They ALL had more motive than LBJ. None of the above are going to use some kook from left field to do it.

glockmail
11-28-2015, 10:28 AM
Castro didn't have opportunity, and the mob didn't kill him afterwards.

WiccanLiberal
11-28-2015, 02:47 PM
Didn't happen. NOBODY would hire a fruitloop to assassinate a President. No one would trust him. He did it on his own for who knows what ideological reason.

I don't believe the reason was ideological. Oswald was a confused man who wanted to be more important than he was. Everything he did seemed to be aimed at making himself a figure people would notice. Sadly he succeeded. Infamy is the same as fame to that sort of mentality.

Gunny
11-28-2015, 02:58 PM
I don't believe the reason was ideological. Oswald was a confused man who wanted to be more important than he was. Everything he did seemed to be aimed at making himself a figure people would notice. Sadly he succeeded. Infamy is the same as fame to that sort of mentality.

That was my second best guess.

What gets me, or irks me, is I'll be 56 next month. This crap's been going since I was 3. Every November like clockwork. One screwball took out JFK with a shot I could make by the time I was 10. The scientific evidence proves it.

And I'm as paranoid as it gets. I just don't let it cloud reality.

WiccanLiberal
11-28-2015, 03:22 PM
That was my second best guess.

What gets me, or irks me, is I'll be 56 next month. This crap's been going since I was 3. Every November like clockwork. One screwball took out JFK with a shot I could make by the time I was 10. The scientific evidence proves it.

And I'm as paranoid as it gets. I just don't let it cloud reality.

Some people have a greater predilection for believing some amorphous "they" are responsible for bad things. The NYT article is a good overview. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?_r=0 Why Rational People Buy Into Conspiracy TheoriesThey found, perhaps surprisingly, that believers are more likely to be cynical about the world in general and politics in particular. Conspiracy theories also seem to be more compelling to those with low self-worth, especially with regard to their sense of agency in the world at large. Conspiracy theories appear to be a way of reacting to uncertainty and powerlessness.

The brief quote above is a pretty good summary.

Black Diamond
11-28-2015, 03:25 PM
Some people have a greater predilection for believing some amorphous "they" are responsible for bad things. The NYT article is a good overview. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?_r=0 Why Rational People Buy Into Conspiracy TheoriesThey found, perhaps surprisingly, that believers are more likely to be cynical about the world in general and politics in particular. Conspiracy theories also seem to be more compelling to those with low self-worth, especially with regard to their sense of agency in the world at large. Conspiracy theories appear to be a way of reacting to uncertainty and powerlessness.

Conspiracy theorists feel like they have information no one else has. Like they are part of an elite group. Only they understand how the world really works.

Gunny
11-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Some people have a greater predilection for believing some amorphous "they" are responsible for bad things. The NYT article is a good overview. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/magazine/why-rational-people-buy-into-conspiracy-theories.html?_r=0 Why Rational People Buy Into Conspiracy Theories

They found, perhaps surprisingly, that believers are more likely to be cynical about the world in general and politics in particular. Conspiracy theories also seem to be more compelling to those with low self-worth, especially with regard to their sense of agency in the world at large. Conspiracy theories appear to be a way of reacting to uncertainty and powerlessness.

I honestly believe that the people who can't accept the obvious buy in to conspiracy theories because they cannot accept that anything happens without a reason. Yet those same eggheads will buy the Big Bang Theory, a complete contradiction of scientific law -- something from nothing. Not to be crude, but sometimes, sh*t happens. There doesn't have to be some great big conspiracy behind each and every irrational act.

IF there had been a conspiracy, someone would have sold out by now. There's no such thing as a secret unless only one person knows it. Of all the players in the game, which one is going to hire a goof like Oswald? When all the players in the conspiracy theories have access to better professional assassins?

aboutime
11-28-2015, 06:36 PM
Conspiracy theorists feel like they have information no one else has. Like they are part of an elite group. Only they understand how the world really works.

Black Diamond. I personally tend to like the"FLAT EARTHERS". Look at how OLD that conspiracy is, and they even condemn Christopher Columbus as one of the unfortunate side-effects they use to Disprove Historic facts.

Wanna have some fun for the rest of your day? Watch this (do not drink anything while watching. IT could damage your laptop, or keyboard)

http://youtu.be/EKWVmHDVuvQ

***** NOTE....CHECK OUT WHERE THIS VIDEO COMES FROM *****

http://youtu.be/npxAxglUnKI

More fun as FOX would say...FAIR AND BALANCED????

namvet
12-31-2015, 07:18 PM
the latest conspiracy loons claim the driver did it

aboutime
12-31-2015, 08:05 PM
the latest conspiracy loons claim the driver did it

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
http://youtu.be/a5IWK9sRYTs:laugh::laugh::laugh: