PDA

View Full Version : New sneaks, what ya think?

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 09:09 AM
These arrive in mail tomorrow! Always wanted a pair of Air Jordan's. I got the black/red pair with the green strap in the back. Don't ask the price, I know I was robbed.

http://www.sportszoneelite.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/545x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/0/9/090641286-AIR_JORDAN_VII_RETRO-00.png

NightTrain
11-29-2015, 09:23 AM
These are what I wear 99% of the time - they're very tough, and after standing on concrete & ladders all day my feet are good to go!

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8013&stc=1

Gunny
11-29-2015, 09:46 AM
These arrive in mail tomorrow! Always wanted a pair of Air Jordan's. I got the black/red pair with the green strap in the back. Don't ask the price, I know I was robbed.

http://www.sportszoneelite.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/545x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/0/9/090641286-AIR_JORDAN_VII_RETRO-00.png

I HATE black sneaks. If they were white, they'd be cool.

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 09:47 AM
These are what I wear 99% of the time - they're very tough, and after standing on concrete & ladders all day my feet are good to go!

I have a pair of regular Nike's that look similar to those that I bought a long time back for the gym. I can beat up on those as I only paid like $69 or 79 for them if I recall correctly. This new pair will be sitting on top of the box they came in like a trophy when not wearing, and cleaning them after each use! I know, I'm an ass, as I paid like $175 for these new ones. It was either them or the 2016 Mustang GT500. The wife chose these. :)

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 09:48 AM

Every time I get white though I kinda get them dirty or scuff them within weeks. I normally like the white better too. The other pair I speak of are all white, with a red swish and a little black in addition.

Gunny
11-29-2015, 09:48 AM

I'd break my ankles climbing ladders in those. Not enough lateral support. They look cool though.

Jeff
11-29-2015, 09:54 AM
Jim you is a Brother now ??? Hell you need those high dollar tennis shoes to go shoot hoopes with the homies.

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 10:01 AM
Jim you is a Brother now ??? Hell you need those high dollar tennis shoes to go shoot hoopes with the homies.

White men can't jump!! Hell, I can now!! :)

Gunny
11-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Every time I get white though I kinda get them dirty or scuff them within weeks. I normally like the white better too. The other pair I speak of are all white, with a red swish and a little black in addition.

I just have an aversion to black shoes. Might be those black combat boots I wore and polished daily for 21 years. When we got desert cammies and roughout tan boots, I was happier'n Hell.

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 10:06 AM
I just have an aversion to black shoes. Might be those black combat boots I wore and polished daily for 21 years. When we got desert cammies and roughout tan boots, I was happier'n Hell.

That's literally ALL I wear right now, is my all black Bates tactical boots. I don't do anything that needs them, but love them anyway!

Gunny
11-29-2015, 10:18 AM
That's literally ALL I wear right now, is my all black Bates tactical boots. I don't do anything that needs them, but love them anyway!

I couldn't wear them. Had a pair. Gave me shinsplints. I usually wear Wolverines. I need some new sneaks but they cost as much as my Red Wings anymore. My favorites were my Teva sandals but they crashed and burned at the end of the summer. Going to have to find me a new pair by Spring. :)

Abbey Marie
11-29-2015, 10:55 AM

Nooooo! I keep trying to get Russ to get black sneakers. They look MUCH cooler than white. :cool:

Gunny
11-29-2015, 11:03 AM
Nooooo! I keep trying to get Russ to get black sneakers. They look MUCH cooler than white. :cool:

That's a big November Oscar. I'll walk around barefoot first.

Bilgerat
11-29-2015, 12:10 PM
Unfortunately I developed type 2 Diabetes, so I wear what the VA gets me. Right now I have a pair of sandals and a pair of "Dockers" style boat shoes.

But if I were to wear sneaks again, they would be black. But I'd rather have Sketchers :cheers2:

Gunny
11-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately I developed type 2 Diabetes, so I wear what the VA gets me. Right now I have a pair of sandals and a pair of "Dockers" style boat shoes.

But if I were to wear sneaks again, they would be black. But I'd rather have Sketchers :cheers2:

Yeah, I do the sandals thing too. Bad hip and knee. Kind of cold during winter though. I have to wear shoes or boots.

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 12:20 PM
My boots are great as they zipper up the side, so easy on and off. And I usually leave them untied, but zipped up, so they don't move around or fall off, but are nice and comfy. And I like the boots, and the basketball style sneakers, as the higher support just feels better.

In the summer, I have a pair of Nike massaging type flip flops. And I think I may have a pair of Dockers too, open toed style? And my favorite of all - bare feet, because I'm a dirtbag! But it all depends on where you're heading of course.

Gunny
11-29-2015, 12:34 PM
My boots are great as they zipper up the side, so easy on and off. And I usually leave them untied, but zipped up, so they don't move around or fall off, but are nice and comfy. And I like the boots, and the basketball style sneakers, as the higher support just feels better.

In the summer, I have a pair of Nike massaging type flip flops. And I think I may have a pair of Dockers too, open toed style? And my favorite of all - bare feet, because I'm a dirtbag! But it all depends on where you're heading of course.

I'm usually barefoot. Unfortunately you can't go to the stop n rob barefoot anymore. I learned a long time ago from having to run every day shoes are different for everyone. I can't run in Asics when some people swear by them. Hell, I can't run anymore anyway.:laugh:

Give yourself a few years. Wait until you have to work around lifetime injuries. You''ll be trying out a LOT of shoes. :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
11-29-2015, 12:37 PM

Sorry my friend, but my taxes given to the blacks for over 40 years is far more reparations than I care to give-
certainly never going to do so voluntarily in purchasing such.
I do my not to buy anything they make money off of my friend.
Of course I do the same refusing to buy for white multi-millionaire athletes peddling stuff.
It just that with the blacks and their peddling I know a few trillion dollars our government already gave them and it pisses me off to no end . :mad::mad::mad::mad:--Tyr

Gunny
11-29-2015, 12:40 PM
Sorry my friend, but my taxes given to the blacks for over 40 years is far more reparations than I care to give-
Of course I do the same refusing to buy for white multi-millionaire athletes peddling stuff.
It just that with the blacks and their peddling I know a few trillion dollars our government already gave them and it pisses me off to no end . :mad::mad::mad::mad:--Tyr

If it was white, I might go for it. Looks comfortable and I need ankle support and lateral support. I don't care who is selling it.

jimnyc
11-29-2015, 01:24 PM

C'mon man, I don't even know where the hell the money goes. They're air jordans, which are Nike, which of course is a rather large sneaker company. And of course a nice chunk goes to Michael Jordan himself, one of my idols! He lays his claim to being the best ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqEL4CDWXR8

Black Diamond
11-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Nice shoes. I had a few pair of air Jordans. I used to buy last year's model so I could get them for a bargain $100 :cool:

Black Diamond
11-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Oh and Jordan is the greatest of all time followed by Larry Bird.

Gunny
11-29-2015, 03:15 PM
Oh and Jordan is the greatest of all time followed by Larry Bird.

Dr J was the greatest IMO, followed by the Iceman George Gervin.

Black Diamond
11-29-2015, 04:26 PM
Dr J was the greatest IMO, followed by the Iceman George Gervin.

Least you didn't say LeBron. I hate that pos.

Gunny
11-29-2015, 04:30 PM
Least you didn't say LeBron. I hate that pos.

I'm from San Antonio. Why on Earth would I say Lebron? Tim Duncan, David Robinson, George Gervin .... but Dr J was always my favorite.

Jeff
11-30-2015, 08:46 AM
African ping pong, never watch the sheot myself.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 08:57 AM
African ping pong, never watch the sheot myself.

I played it almost every day from jr high until the day I retired from the Corps. Was invented by a white guy named Naismith with a peach basket, not some bro named Pook.