PDA

View Full Version : Quarterback controversy in Denver.

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 12:11 AM
This osweiler kid should start the rest of the year.

LongTermGuy
11-30-2015, 01:21 AM

​Heck of a Game...

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 01:41 AM
If Gronk is out pats will not win.

Perianne
11-30-2015, 09:49 AM
The Patriots have lost what... their top four targets?

Gunny
11-30-2015, 10:03 AM

I think he will until he loses. If he starts sucking bad in a game, they'll dust off Peyton.

Voted4Reagan
11-30-2015, 10:09 AM
Long flight home to Foxboro today!!!

Way to go Broncos!!!!!

Gunny
11-30-2015, 10:11 AM
Long flight home to Foxboro today!!!

Way to go Broncos!!!!!

Don't get started. The closest team to where I live is guess f-ing who? The GF's brother hasn't taken off his Broncos hat since he was 12. I was just okay with the Pats losing. The look on Brady's face at the end of the game? Priceless.

Voted4Reagan
11-30-2015, 10:18 AM
http://images1.westword.com/imager/photos-top-twenty-tom-brady-hate-memes/u/original/6534211/tom.brady.memes.5a.jpg

Voted4Reagan
11-30-2015, 10:19 AM
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/tombrady_4thquarter_react_ap_380px_020512%5D.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/414/767/hi-res-138850057_display_image.jpg?1342414484

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3NG2UHu3S_c/hqdefault.jpg

Bilgerat
11-30-2015, 10:19 AM
https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/12278792_431798240353394_8502169869414558325_n.jpg ?oh=cfecce215778194ffc3dfe1c67a058a1&oe=56F6A43C

Perianne
11-30-2015, 10:23 AM
Ya'll be nice. Tom Brady is hunky hunkster.

If only he were single and I were 20 years younger.....sigh.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Ya'll be nice. Tom Brady is hunky hunkster.

If only he were single and I were 20 years younger.....sigh.

He's a pretty boy pansy who throws tantrums when things don't go his way. If he played in the 60s before these pansy "the QB is special" rules, he wouldn't be still playing. He'd be broken into bits and pieces.

Voted4Reagan
11-30-2015, 10:35 AM
http://images.latintimes.com/sites/latintimes.com/files/styles/pulse_embed_breakpoints_theme_lt_desktop_1x/public/2015/05/12/tom-brady-memes_0.jpg

gabosaurus
11-30-2015, 11:19 AM
A work associate of mine questioned the sanity of the Patriots for throwing the ball with under four minutes to play instead of working on the clock. Not only did they give Denver enough time to win the game, but they got Gronk injured in the process.

My opinion is that anything that screws the Patriots is good for football. :cool:

Gunny
11-30-2015, 11:47 AM
A work associate of mine questioned the sanity of the Patriots for throwing the ball with under four minutes to play instead of working on the clock. Not only did they give Denver enough time to win the game, but they got Gronk injured in the process.

My opinion is that anything that screws the Patriots is good for football. :cool:

Having not much left of my ACL, I don't think ANY injury is good for anything. Some things are more important than a kid's game that adults drool over. You go out to play and get hurt, your choice. But no one should be rejoicing that some person's health and livelihood are at stake. I've played the Big 3 (baseball, football and basketball since I can remember. I've also worn a kneebrace since the mid 80's. First thing I put on in the morning.

I wouldn't change a thing. I had fun. But I'm paying for it now. Still wouldn't change a thing. But having chronic sports injuries, I get no joy in seeing anyone else suffer them, regardless the stupid team they play for.

Elessar
11-30-2015, 12:49 PM
He's a pretty boy pansy who throws tantrums when things don't go his way. If he played in the 60s before these pansy "the QB is special" rules, he wouldn't be still playing. He'd be broken into bits and pieces.

I recall one Dallas defensive tackle telling why he did not smash Sonny Jurgensen.
He said "He's too much of a gentleman on the field to want to hurt, just lay him down gently!".
I think it was Bob Lilly, just cannot recall.

Elessar
11-30-2015, 12:52 PM
Having not much left of my ACL, I don't think ANY injury is good for anything. Some things are more important than a kid's game that adults drool over. You go out to play and get hurt, your choice. But no one should be rejoicing that some person's health and livelihood are at stake. I've played the Big 3 (baseball, football and basketball since I can remember. I've also worn a kneebrace since the mid 80's. First thing I put on in the morning.

I wouldn't change a thing. I had fun. But I'm paying for it now. Still wouldn't change a thing. But having chronic sports injuries, I get no joy in seeing anyone else suffer them, regardless the stupid team they play for.

yeah....my knees and back are wrecked from football, wrestling, track, Bball, volleyball, and softball.

I would do them all over again.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 01:00 PM
I recall one Dallas defensive tackle telling why he did not smash Sonny Jurgensen.
He said "He's too much of a gentleman on the field to want to hurt, just lay him down gently!".
I think it was Bob Lilly, just cannot recall.

Pat Toomay.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 01:06 PM
yeah....my knees and back are wrecked from football, wrestling, track, Bball, volleyball, and softball.

I would do them all over again.

Martial arts and basketball. Running in combat boots. Powerlifting. I played on my unit's football teams until about 85 when they quit having unit teams. Apparently Marines were getting too beat up playing football with each other. Imagine THAT. :laugh: We played a LOT tougher than these NFL weenies.

It all takes a toll. And yeah, I'd do it again. The day I clean and pressed 245 pounds at 175 pound bodyweight I was so high on energy it took me two days to come down from it. I was the happiest camper in the universe. :)

Perianne
11-30-2015, 01:44 PM
Martial arts and basketball. Running in combat boots. Powerlifting. I played on my unit's football teams until about 85 when they quit having unit teams. Apparently Marines were getting too beat up playing football with each other. Imagine THAT. :laugh: We played a LOT tougher than these NFL weenies.

It all takes a toll. And yeah, I'd do it again. The day I clean and pressed 245 pounds at 175 pound bodyweight I was so high on energy it took me two days to come down from it. I was the happiest camper in the universe. :)

A couple of years ago I got into weightlifting. I bench pressed 120 pounds. I think that is pretty good for someone my size.

Elessar
11-30-2015, 05:52 PM
Pat Toomay.

Thanks for the correction!

Elessar
11-30-2015, 05:58 PM

We used to play the Marine guards at NWS Earle NJ.

Best bunch of gentlemen I ever played against. You would knock one down,
or he do the same and would run up after the whistle saying "Are you
O.K.? Keep coming back!".

They had a LtCol as their coach and QB. My defensive mates and I used to clobber him.
The 4th year we played them, he met us on the field and said "They have not transferred you 3 yet?
I am still sore from last year!".

Good times with that bunch and much respected.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:58 PM
A couple of years ago I got into weightlifting. I bench pressed 120 pounds. I think that is pretty good for someone my size.

I love lifting heavy weights. Just can't do it anymore if I want to do anything else. I still have the strength, just not the joints. It's aggravating as Hell. This getting old crap is for the birds.

Bilgerat
11-30-2015, 07:19 PM
This getting old crap is for the birds.

Welcome to my world :cheerss:

Gunny
11-30-2015, 07:31 PM
Welcome to my world :cheerss:

I was warned years (should I say decades?:laugh:) ago I would pay for it. Guess it's payback time. I STILL had so much fun I doubt I'd do it differently if I had it to do again. I was that skinny kid that started lifting just to get bigger, but I wasn't a bodybuilder. I was a powerlifter. I wanted the damned power. And I had my day in the sun. Sounds like a song from "Cats". :laugh:

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 05:14 PM
Will Peyton Manning even be back in Denver next year?

Gunny
12-07-2015, 06:28 PM
Will Peyton Manning even be back in Denver next year?

I'd guess about the time this guy starts blowing a game out his backside.

I honestly think Peyton should go. One of the biggest mistakes athletes make is not knowing when to hang 'em up. If he's choosing money over legacy, so be it. Not in that position. I'd like to say I'd choose the legacy over money. Johnny Unitas was one of if not THE best QB ever. He sat on the bench in SD his last year. Dorsett went and got hurt in Denver his last year. I wouldn't want to be remembered like that.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 06:30 PM
I'd guess about the time this guy starts blowing a game out his backside.

I honestly think Peyton should go. One of the biggest mistakes athletes make is not knowing when to hang 'em up. If he's choosing money over legacy, so be it. Not in that position. I'd like to say I'd choose the legacy over money. Johnny Unitas was one of if not THE best QB ever. He sat on the bench in SD his last year. Dorsett went and got hurt in Denver his last year. I wouldn't want to be remembered like that.

How about Michael Jordan for the Washington Wizards :laugh:

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 06:31 PM
I agree, though. Manning would have been wise to retire after last season. He just isn't that good anymore. And even after last season his legacy was still intact imo.

Gunny
12-07-2015, 06:43 PM
How about Michael Jordan for the Washington Wizards :laugh:

He couldn't have done worse than they already were. I think he was the GM at time. I wouldn't have but competitors want to go out and play.. I get THAT. I just think these guys on the national stage that are little kids' heroes ought to think twice. Boxers are actually the worst, IMO. They just don't know when to quit.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 06:45 PM
He couldn't have done worse than they already were. I think he was the GM at time. I wouldn't have but competitors want to go out and play.. I get THAT. I just think these guys on the national stage that are little kids' heroes ought to think twice. Boxers are actually the worst, IMO. They just don't know when to quit.

Is Muhammad Ali in the condition he is in now because he fought beyond Ali-Frazier 3?

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 06:46 PM
As far as Jordan goes, it sucked watching him get beat by people who shouldn't be beating him.

Gunny
12-07-2015, 06:50 PM
Is Muhammad Ali in the condition he is in now because he fought beyond Ali-Frazier 3?

He should have signed off before that fight. He may have won, but Frazier beat his brains out. Literally. He should have retired after he beat Foreman.

LongTermGuy
12-07-2015, 07:34 PM

...Hell anything is possible...but there are many people dying of the same condition `without` the same abuse Ali had...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52916-Actor-Robert-Loggia-Dies-at-85&highlight=

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 07:35 PM
...Hell anything is possible...but there are many people dying of the same condition `without` the same abuse Ali had...

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52916-Actor-Robert-Loggia-Dies-at-85&highlight=
I think that is what Ali would say.

LongTermGuy
12-07-2015, 07:36 PM
I think that is what Ali would say.

Im sure...that and much more...

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 07:38 PM
Im sure...that and much more...

I don't know that he is right. He has always defended boxing.

LongTermGuy
12-07-2015, 07:47 PM

Of course ...that was his profession of choice which he was good at and paid well for...he knew that going in...Just like many athletes ....and just like average everyday people who are not in sports know... anything can happen in this life with ones health...but they keep on keeping on...

Gunny
12-07-2015, 07:48 PM

Of course he has. I'll defend martial arts, basketball, football and baseball. They come at a price. You just have decide whether or not it's worth it. I can say on one hand I enjoyed every minute. On the other, I wish I could walk around without being in pain.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Of course he has. I'll defend martial arts, basketball, football and baseball. They come at a price. You just have decide whether or not it's worth it. I can say on one hand I enjoyed every minute. On the other, I wish I could walk around without being in pain.

You accept those activities may have contributed to your pain you deal with. I don't know that Ali would admit the boxing may have something to do with his condition.

Gunny
12-07-2015, 11:24 PM
You accept those activities may have contributed to your pain you deal with. I don't know that Ali would admit the boxing may have something to do with his condition.
c
Ali should have stuck to his skills. He was a boxer, not a fighter. He went out and took some unnecessary beatings to prove he was tough. I don't know that Parkinson's Disease is a result, but IMO, he should have stuck to HIS game instead of always trying to beat everyone else at theirs.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 11:51 PM
c
Ali should have stuck to his skills. He was a boxer, not a fighter. He went out and took some unnecessary beatings to prove he was tough. I don't know that Parkinson's Disease is a result, but IMO, he should have stuck to HIS game instead of always trying to beat everyone else at theirs.

Is Parkinson's the only problem he has?