PDA

View Full Version : Bad Times Don't Last

Gunny
11-30-2015, 01:24 PM
but bad guys DO. :halo9:

Drummond
11-30-2015, 01:42 PM

Oh, I don't know. Before too much longer, one will lose the Presidency.;)

Perianne
11-30-2015, 01:45 PM
I think we are going to see bad times for many years to come. Not terrible times, but times where liberal horse pooey rules the day. I fear we have only just begun.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 02:22 PM
I think we are going to see bad times for many years to come. Not terrible times, but times where liberal horse pooey rules the day. I fear we have only just begun.

Maybe. Unlike the lefties that threatened to leave the country if Bush was reelected and didn't, I WILL. Won't be the first time nor even the 5th. Rolling out of here ain't nothing to me.

glockmail
11-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Maybe. Unlike the lefties that threatened to leave the country if Bush was reelected and didn't, I WILL. Won't be the first time nor even the 5th. Rolling out of here ain't nothing to me.

Where would you go? Although our freedoms have been eroded, where is there more freedom than in the US?

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:03 PM
Where would you go? Although our freedoms have been eroded, where is there more freedom than in the US?

Costa Rica comes to mind. Thailand. While there is imminently more threat to life, it's the same as anything else, with risk comes reward. American dollars go a LONG way in BOTH places. The other part of that reward is nether the ragheads nor democrats want either place.

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Oh, I don't know. Before too much longer, one will lose the Presidency.;)

And be replaced by Superbitch.

glockmail
11-30-2015, 05:27 PM
Costa Rica comes to mind. Thailand. While there is imminently more threat to life, it's the same as anything else, with risk comes reward. American dollars go a LONG way in BOTH places. The other part of that reward is nether the ragheads nor democrats want either place.

Only been to Costa Rica once for a weeks vacation. Very nice. Not sure how the taxes are for expats. Can't say anything about Thailand.

I plan on skiing until I'm 80, so I need a northern climate.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:41 PM
Only been to Costa Rica once for a weeks vacation. Very nice. Not sure how the taxes are for expats. Can't say anything about Thailand.

I plan on skiing until I'm 80, so I need a northern climate.

They LIKE AMerican dollars and the taxes are low. Why it's a good place to go. Buy a Rubio "yacht" aka fishing boat, and take tourists out fishing for the day.

Thailand's a more dangerous place, but it's cheap as Hell. You DO have to fork up to the local gov't for "protection" but from what I understood, it was nothing compared to taxes here, and you can make a fortune owning a bar stall on Phuket.

Perianne
11-30-2015, 05:47 PM
They LIKE AMerican dollars and the taxes are low. Why it's a good place to go. Buy a Rubio "yacht" aka fishing boat, and take tourists out fishing for the day.

Thailand's a more dangerous place, but it's cheap as Hell. You DO have to fork up to the local gov't for "protection" but from what I understood, it was nothing compared to taxes here, and you can make a fortune owning a bar stall on Phuket.

Don't say bad words. :)

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Don't say bad words. :)

What's your other thread? It's pronounced 'foo-KET".

gabosaurus
11-30-2015, 08:13 PM

I refuse to believe that you are a bad guy. Perhaps you were at one time. I think you are trying to hide the fact that you are now a cuddly teddy bear. :batteyes:

Elessar
11-30-2015, 09:02 PM

The lefties like to whine...

Elessar
11-30-2015, 09:03 PM
I refuse to believe that you are a bad guy. Perhaps you were at one time. I think you are trying to hide the fact that you are now a cuddly teddy bear. :batteyes:

Damn...you can be so silly and nice at times!

Gunny
11-30-2015, 09:27 PM

Got news for sweetheart .... I'm everybody's worst nightmare. I used to ride a 77 KZ-1000 and worked in a bar where the Florida Outlaws hung out. That was BEFORE all these bluetooths and crap. You held your own until the word got around. I made more money doing "other" things than I did standing at the door checking IDs.

There's nothing nice about me. Just something smart about me. When I lose my temper, it's on and I end up spending the night courtesy of Dade County. So I don't lose my temper. When I do, it's got to be worth it. That hasn't happened since February 1991. And I had US government permission. THAT would be other smart part. I got paid to be a badass. Made sense to me.

Perianne
11-30-2015, 10:38 PM
Got news for sweetheart .... I'm everybody's worst nightmare. I used to ride a 77 KZ-1000 and worked in a bar where the Florida Outlaws hung out. That was BEFORE all these bluetooths and crap. You held your own until the word got around. I made more money doing "other" things than I did standing at the door checking IDs.

There's nothing nice about me. Just something smart about me. When I lose my temper, it's on and I end up spending the night courtesy of Dade County. So I don't lose my temper. When I do, it's got to be worth it. That hasn't happened since February 1991. And I had US government permission. THAT would be other smart part. I got paid to be a badass. Made sense to me.
Gunny, I can't possibly think you would be mean to me. At least I pray that you wouldn't. I have had men be mean to me and you don't seem like the type that would.

PixieStix
11-30-2015, 10:46 PM
And be replaced by Superbitch.

Hold your tongue. :thumb:

LongTermGuy
11-30-2015, 10:53 PM

There's nothing nice about me. Just something smart about me. When I lose my temper, it's on and I end up spending the night courtesy of Dade County. So I don't lose my temper. When I do, it's got to be worth it. That hasn't happened since February 1991. And I had US government permission. THAT would be other smart part. I got paid to be a badass. Made sense to me.r

I feel your a cream puff...with desires of being a tough guy...that's why you keep talking on and on how tough you think / feel you are...

now ...Pay attention...

**I also feel... deep down your smarter than that and a really good guy who understands tough guys end up getting shot or put in Jail...:salute:

*I know a few of us here... did the bouncing thing for many years...did a lot of bad things...*but prefer not to talk much about it...

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 10:59 PM
r

I feel your a cream puff...with desires of being a tough guy...that's why you keep talking on and on how tough you think / feel you are...

now ...Pay attention...

**I also feel... deep down your smarter than that and a really good guy who understands tough guys end up getting shot or put in Jail...:salute:

*I know a few of us here... did the bouncing thing for many years...did a lot of bad things...*but prefer not to talk much about it...

:popcorn:

gabosaurus
11-30-2015, 11:15 PM
There's nothing nice about me. Just something smart about me.

That was you 20 years or so ago. I bet if we met at a restaurant someplace, we would have a wonderful conversation. You could bring your daughter with you. I bet she is secretly a liberal at heart. :cool:

PixieStix
11-30-2015, 11:24 PM
That was you 20 years or so ago. I bet if we met at a restaurant someplace, we would have a wonderful conversation. You could bring your daughter with you. I bet she is secretly a liberal at heart. :cool:

His daughter is a very lovely young woman! She is smart and just plain good!

Gunny
11-30-2015, 11:30 PM
r

now ...Pay attention...

You sound like my grandmother. Pretend it didn't happen and never admit what you did. I was a Marine for 21 years and have 3 black belts and a couple of brown belts and used to compete.. "Creampuff" THAT. Thing is, I made mistakes and if just one person can learn from them, then I don't regret opening my mouth. I'm not bragging by any means. Ive done some dumb shit. I'm just relating events. Everyone likes to pretend there's some code of silence. If it wasn't for my grandfather, who as I hear it was rougher than I am when he was young, I wouldn't be half the man I am.

I have two personalities. One is very benign but the anger is always there and I have to control it. I've had to all my life. The other personality is don't piss me off. If you think I'm proud of that, try again. It's taken a big toll on my life. There's a downside to everything I'm good at. I'm very cold and stoic in real life. I communicate more on this board than I do in real life for the simple reason that written communication is the ONLY means of communication there is on the net. I get yacked at for not talking at dinner.

Don't mistake people being honest with internet bullshit. I have nothing to prove to words on a screen.

gabosaurus
11-30-2015, 11:42 PM
If it wasn't for my grandfather, who as I hear it was rougher than I am when he was young, I wouldn't be half the man I am.

I feel the same way about my grandfathers. Both of them fought in WWII, on opposite sites. My paternal grandfather for the U.S. in the Pacific and my maternal grandfather for the Germans on the Eastern Front. They endured the kind of hardships that I don't don't think any modern person could properly envision.

Don't mistake people being honest with internet bullshit. I have nothing to prove to words on a screen.

Exactly! And you don't have to. I rarely agree with you. But I respect your honesty and integrity.
I have never cared what anyone thought of me. My ideas are my own and I have nothing to prove to anyone.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 11:59 PM
I feel the same way about my grandfathers. Both of them fought in WWII, on opposite sites. My paternal grandfather for the U.S. in the Pacific and my maternal grandfather for the Germans on the Eastern Front. They endured the kind of hardships that I don't don't think any modern person could properly envision.

Exactly! And you don't have to. I rarely agree with you. But I respect your honesty and integrity.
I have never cared what anyone thought of me. My ideas are my own and I have nothing to prove to anyone.

I don't care if you don't agree with me. Thing is, I can tell the difference when you;tr bring serious and when you're just instigating/trolling. Some people can't. You might want to factor that in.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-01-2015, 12:45 AM

Thailand will likely be under muzzie rule soon my friend. I expect within the next 5 to 10 years, if not sooner.
Costa Rico I havent a clue about.
Myself, I'd rather to stay and fight the bastards. -Tyr

PixieStix
12-01-2015, 12:48 AM
Thailand will likely be under muzzie rule soon my friend. I expect within the next 5 to 10 years, if not sooner.

How about New Zealand? ;) That is where I would like to be if it is not over run with Islamic crazies

glockmail
12-01-2015, 08:18 AM

I'm more of a mountain dweller. I get seasick; nobody would appreciate the boat captain passing chow over the railing.

CSM
12-01-2015, 08:27 AM
How about New Zealand? ;) That is where I would like to be if it is not over run with Islamic crazies

New Zealand is full of Hobbits. Hobbits are worse than Islamic crazies! Didn't you see the movie? They caused so much chaos in Middle Earth even the elves had to leave!

Gunny
12-01-2015, 08:31 AM

Thailand won't. Too militaristic.

Hard to fight the idiot on the tube.

Gunny
12-01-2015, 08:36 AM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), I can't possibly think you would be mean to me. At least I pray that you wouldn't. I have had men be mean to me and you don't seem like the type that would.

You're a girl, for one. I didn't say I was mean. I am not. There's a difference between being a hardass and being mean.

Jeff
12-01-2015, 08:38 AM
You're a girl, for one. I didn't say I was mean. I am not. There's a difference between being a hardass and being mean.

No your not mean just a prick. :laugh:

Gunny
12-01-2015, 08:44 AM
No your not mean just a prick. :laugh:

Well, there IS that. :laugh:

Jeff
12-01-2015, 08:49 AM
Well, there IS that. :laugh:

Personally I believe the way the world is now a days being a prick is a great thing.

Gunny
12-01-2015, 08:55 AM
Personally I believe the way the world is now a days being a prick is a great thing.

You the pot or the kettle?:laugh:

LongTermGuy
12-01-2015, 09:27 AM
You sound like my grandmother. Pretend it didn't happen and never admit what you did. I was a Marine for 21 years and have 3 black belts and a couple of brown belts and used to compete.. "Creampuff" THAT. Thing is, I made mistakes and if just one person can learn from them, then I don't regret opening my mouth. I'm not bragging by any means. Ive done some dumb shit. I'm just relating events. Everyone likes to pretend there's some code of silence. If it wasn't for my grandfather, who as I hear it was rougher than I am when he was young, I wouldn't be half the man I am.

I have two personalities. One is very benign but the anger is always there and I have to control it. I've had to all my life. The other personality is don't piss me off. If you think I'm proud of that, try again. It's taken a big toll on my life. There's a downside to everything I'm good at. I'm very cold and stoic in real life. I communicate more on this board than I do in real life for the simple reason that written communication is the ONLY means of communication there is on the net. I get yacked at for not talking at dinner.

You sound Like my senile grandfather...you keep repeating your self...over and over again...*Yes Gunny we all get it .."you told us".... Your a Marine and your the tough guy...beware all......Your general"internet tough guy" garbage is getting old ....you should change the subject...I am being honest with you gunny and straight up....*(some might think its cute and laugh in the background and call it entertainment)...NOT ME....

Listen-up....

Your loud repetitive Boisterous mouth can get you in trouble in bad times....`draws unwanted red flags and attention` which is not good and dangerous and pushes smart people away from you...Dont be "That Guy"

*Nothing personal here big boy...just some `good intentioned` advice...:salute:

Now...back to my coffee....and work....see you later.

LongTermGuy
12-01-2015, 09:29 AM

LOL! If one likes gambling:coffee:

Gunny
12-01-2015, 09:38 AM
You sound Like my senile grandfather...you keep repeating your self...over and over again...*Yes Gunny we all get it .."you told us".... Your a Marine and your the tough guy...beware all......Your general"internet tough guy" garbage is getting old ....you should change the subject...I am being honest with you gunny and straight up....*(some might think its cute and laugh in the background and call it entertainment)...NOT ME....

Listen-up....

Your loud repetitive Boisterous mouth can get you in trouble in bad times....`draws unwanted red flags and attention` which is not good and dangerous and pushes smart people away from you...Dont be "That Guy"

Nah. I just am who I am. I AM getting old. :laugh: Problem is, I never know who reads which threads. In MY perfect world, everyone reads everything I say, but alas ... such is not the way of the internet. We ALL end up repeating ourselves.

As far as what I have to say goes, I could care less who I piss off. Smart people actually engage me in good debates. Less smart people not so much.

Gunny
12-01-2015, 10:41 AM

Listen-up....

You got it wrong. When I finally came home after a 6 years drunk my daughter held my swords out and said "Remember the MAN who used to be able to use these?" Nothing like being shamed by your own daughter. I have no pride left. Just relating facts.

glockmail
12-01-2015, 11:01 AM
New Zealand is full of Hobbits. Hobbits are worse than Islamic crazies! Didn't you see the movie? They caused so much chaos in Middle Earth even the elves had to leave!

I've looked at New Zealand as a potential expat location. It's basically a rural UK, high taxes and lots and lots of rules restricting personal freedoms.

LongTermGuy
12-01-2015, 07:27 PM
You got it wrong. When I finally came home after a 6 years drunk my daughter held my swords out and said "Remember the MAN who used to be able to use these?" Nothing like being shamed by your own daughter. I have no pride left. Just relating facts.

*You will be just fine Gunny....You have plenty of pride.. its there!

Sometimes we all just got to get through the fog:salute: