PDA

View Full Version : Pecan

Perianne
11-30-2015, 05:31 PM
It is pronounced puh kahn. Not pee can.

Colorado. It is pronounced Colo-ROD-o. Not Colo-RAD-o.

Missouri. It is pronounced Missouree. Not Missouruh.

Louisville. It is pronounced Loo-a-vul. No other pronunciation is correct.

Perianne. In English it is pronounced Perry Anne. No other pronunciation is correct except for how my mother said it with her Finnish accent.

People on TV: learn to say the words properly.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:38 PM
It is pronounced puh kahn. Not pee can.

Colorado. It is pronounced Colo-ROD-o. Not Colo-RAD-o.

Missouri. It is pronounced Missouree. Not Missouruh.

Louisville. It is pronounced Loo-a-vul. No other pronunciation is correct.

Perianne. In English it is pronounced Perry Anne. No other pronunciation is correct except for how my mother said it with her Finnish accent.

People on TV: learn to say the words properly.

We just had the argument on Thanksgiving. And some people from NM informed me, from the South, how it's pronounced and were so kind as to inform me how Southerners pronounce it. :wtf: We had "only" 5 pecan trees in our yard.

How you pronounce Missouri depends on which part of the state you are from. I learned THAT on the History Channel back when they used to show history instead of Ax Men.

I was under the impression Perianne was pronounced "Still stuck with Jim's avatar". :laugh:

Black Diamond
11-30-2015, 05:40 PM
We just had the argument on Thanksgiving. And some people from NM informed me, from the South, how it's pronounced and were so kind as to inform me how Southerners pronounce it. :wtf: We had "only" 5 pecan trees in our yard.

How you pronounce Missouri depends on which part of the state you are from. I learned THAT on the History Channel back when they used to show history instead of Ax Men.

I was under the impression Perianne was pronounced "Still stuck with Jim's avatar". :laugh:

Misery?

I wonder how they pronounce it in Ferguson.

Gunny
11-30-2015, 05:42 PM
Misery?

I wonder how they pronounce it in Ferguson.

Black Lies Matter.

Perianne
11-30-2015, 05:45 PM

You got me there. lol