PDA

View Full Version : Stop a Douchebag

glockmail
12-01-2015, 10:44 AM
I've been getting hooked on these videos. A group of mostly young men have taken it upon themselves to "stop douchebags" from minor traffic and parking violations in Moscow. The police don't enforce these laws, and as a result the violations are rampant.

This episode is forcing drivers back off a sidewalk. The violator isn't allowed to move forward, must back up and re-enter the road where they left it. Most comply, if they don't within two minutes, they get a huge sticker on the passenger side of their windshield. And the sticker doesn't come off easily. It's made out of some material that shreds when you try to get it off using your hands. Keep at it, and a second sticker goes over the driver's side.

They work with a minimum of three people: a cameraman, one who gets in front of the car, and a third to confront the violator. They also work like a flash mob so if something gets out of hand more people show up over time.

When they get sworn at they respond with "don't swear" and the like. They use mostly non-violent techniques but will punch back. If a violator tries to run them over they will get on the hood and take a ride.

Most violators just back up and leave. The biggest douchebags are typically men in their 30s or 40s who think they are gangster tough guys. Some of the biggest douchebags are attractive young women with their sense of entitlement.

In one episode this hot girl is double parked and she doesn't like being told to move, so reacts violently. Another, she gets on her phone and calls her sugar daddy, who seems to tell her to just leave and she reacts to that very badly. Another, some gal in a Mercedes tank refuses to open the window, and calls the police, who does nothing for her, so she calls her lawyer. Three hours goes by and the lawyer shows up.

If the police get involved they write the violator a large ticket. They have an interesting approach where the cop is basically the judge and jury. All the evidence is there, video and several eye witnesses. Always off camera, the cop apparently gives the guy a choice, either sign forms admitting complete guilt, agree to pay the fine, then apologize to the group, or he'll take it to the next level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJxIwvFIGY

NightTrain
12-01-2015, 11:41 AM
That's a pretty good series, I just watched about a dozen of them.

Looks like the only way they're going to get those stickers off their windshields is to use a razor blade... pretty ingenious public shaming and a real hassle for the shithead drivers!

glockmail
12-01-2015, 11:57 AM
I think it's a great movement. I'd like to see it repeated here, maybe made into a reality series.

I'd start with handicap parking scofflaws.

NightTrain
12-01-2015, 12:02 PM
I think it's a great movement. I'd like to see it repeated here, maybe made into a reality series.

I'd start with handicap parking scofflaws.

I'd be all for such a movement... but I suspect that you'd land in court for vandalism at the very least. American courts don't approve of vigilantism, which this movement basically boils down to.

The stickers would have to be applied on the sly, and then you're still at risk from video surveillance and witnesses.

Drummond
12-01-2015, 12:03 PM
I've been getting hooked on these videos. A group of mostly young men have taken it upon themselves to "stop douchebags" from minor traffic and parking violations in Moscow. The police don't enforce these laws, and as a result the violations are rampant.

This episode is forcing drivers back off a sidewalk. The violator isn't allowed to move forward, must back up and re-enter the road where they left it. Most comply, if they don't within two minutes, they get a huge sticker on the passenger side of their windshield. And the sticker doesn't come off easily. It's made out of some material that shreds when you try to get it off using your hands. Keep at it, and a second sticker goes over the driver's side.

They work with a minimum of three people: a cameraman, one who gets in front of the car, and a third to confront the violator. They also work like a flash mob so if something gets out of hand more people show up over time.

When they get sworn at they respond with "don't swear" and the like. They use mostly non-violent techniques but will punch back. If a violator tries to run them over they will get on the hood and take a ride.

Most violators just back up and leave. The biggest douchebags are typically men in their 30s or 40s who think they are gangster tough guys. Some of the biggest douchebags are attractive young women with their sense of entitlement.

In one episode this hot girl is double parked and she doesn't like being told to move, so reacts violently. Another, she gets on her phone and calls her sugar daddy, who seems to tell her to just leave and she reacts to that very badly. Another, some gal in a Mercedes tank refuses to open the window, and calls the police, who does nothing for her, so she calls her lawyer. Three hours goes by and the lawyer shows up.

If the police get involved they write the violator a large ticket. They have an interesting approach where the cop is basically the judge and jury. All the evidence is there, video and several eye witnesses. Always off camera, the cop apparently gives the guy a choice, either sign forms admitting complete guilt, agree to pay the fine, then apologize to the group, or he'll take it to the next level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHJxIwvFIGY:clap::clap:

Brilliant !

Gunny
12-01-2015, 12:10 PM

I like World's Dumbest Criminals. I mean you HAVE to be just f-ing brilliant to try some the crap they do. Did anyone not inform the black criminals in this country that they're more than likely being videotaped? Gee there are three cameras up there and two in the parking lot. No reason to think anyone's watching. :laugh2:

Drummond
12-01-2015, 12:50 PM
I like World's Dumbest Criminals. I mean you HAVE to be just f-ing brilliant to try some the crap they do. Did anyone not inform the black criminals in this country that they're more than likely being videotaped? Gee there are three cameras up there and two in the parking lot. No reason to think anyone's watching. :laugh2:

We get that series in the UK as well.

Here, the police (or anyone else) doesn't have any particular need to videotape anything. Since we've the greatest concentration of CCTV cameras mounted per head of population of anywhere on the planet (I'm sure that accurately includes such countries as China and N Korea) ... all our police have to do is either tap into them, or demand access to their footage ..

Do you have CCTV cameras scanning you inside trains, buses, even taxis ... ?

Gunny
12-01-2015, 01:03 PM
We get that series in the UK as well.

Here, the police (or anyone else) doesn't have any particular need to videotape anything. Since we've the greatest concentration of CCTV cameras mounted per head of population of anywhere on the planet (I'm sure that accurately includes such countries as China and N Korea) ... all our police have to do is either tap into them, or demand access to their footage ..

Do you have CCTV cameras scanning you inside trains, buses, even taxis ... ?

Depends on where you live. In the larger cities, cameras everywhere. I consider them a violation of the First Amendment myself. But if you're an idiot and get put on TV, I'm laughing at your dumb ass. :laugh:

What planet do you live on that you think you are the only person not being watched?

glockmail
12-01-2015, 02:24 PM
I'd be all for such a movement... but I suspect that you'd land in court for vandalism at the very least. American courts don't approve of vigilantism, which this movement basically boils down to.

The stickers would have to be applied on the sly, and then you're still at risk from video surveillance and witnesses.

I believe there is a reason why they only apply the stickers to glass. Applied to painted surfaces would be considered vandalism, but to glass? Nothing can be damaged.

aboutime
12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Before that kind of thing would become legal here in the USA. We'd have to First...get rid of O-DOUCHEBAG, and all of his fellow D-ouchebags in Congress.

NightTrain
12-01-2015, 05:06 PM
I believe there is a reason why they only apply the stickers to glass. Applied to painted surfaces would be considered vandalism, but to glass? Nothing can be damaged.

I'm pretty sure it would be vandalism, because it's defacing a car. And you've got the safety factor that they have to drive it home with an obstructed windshield... a typical DA would run that up the flagpole, IMO.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-01-2015, 09:00 PM

In Memphis TN. THEY'D GET SHOT SOON ENOUGH,HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT SHIT.
And in Memphis homeys pretty much get by with murder!
Black city mayor, black Shelby county mayor and heavily infiltrated black police force.
That why I only go there if absolutely necessary-cops there far too many are corrupt- a FACT. -TYR

glockmail
12-02-2015, 08:37 AM
I'm pretty sure it would be vandalism, because it's defacing a car. And you've got the safety factor that they have to drive it home with an obstructed windshield... a typical DA would run that up the flagpole, IMO.

Not sure. They don't have to drive it with the sticker on it. They just choose to.

glockmail
12-02-2015, 09:11 AM
In Memphis TN. THEY'D GET SHOT SOON ENOUGH,HOMEY DON'T PLAY THAT SHIT.
And in Memphis homeys pretty much get by with murder!
Black city mayor, black Shelby county mayor and heavily infiltrated black police force.
That why I only go there if absolutely necessary-cops there far too many are corrupt- a FACT. -TYR

In one episode the douchebag took out a gun and had it right in the guy's face- he didn't flinch. 'Seriously dude, you're going to spend the rest of your life in jail because you don't want to move your car off the sidewalk?'

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-02-2015, 09:47 AM
In one episode the douchebag took out a gun and had it right in the guy's face- he didn't flinch. 'Seriously dude, you're going to spend the rest of your life in jail because you don't want to move your car off the sidewalk?'

A HOMEY- IS DUMB ENOUGH TO PULL THE TRIGGER MY FRIEND.
Hell, they shoot each other over a dollar in a dice game.
And sometimes even a quarter, not joking. --Tyr