PDA

View Full Version : Kobe

Perianne
12-01-2015, 05:03 PM
With Kobe's announcement that this will be his last year, of course the topic comes up of how he ranks all-time.

FWIW, here are my top five in no particular order:

Michael Jordan
Wilt Chamberlain
Larry Bird
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Earvin Johnson

I don't know many of the older greats, such as Dr. J, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Jerry West, etc. I don't remember Wilt either, but his mark on the game is undeniable.

Perianne
12-01-2015, 05:04 PM
With Kobe's announcement that this will be his last year, of course the topic comes up of how he ranks all-time.

Michael Jordan
Wilt Chamberlain
Larry Bird
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Earvin Johnson

I don't know many of the older greats, such as Dr. J, Oscar Robertson, Bill Russell, Jerry West, etc. I don't remember Wilt either, but his mark on the game is undeniable.

Good list, Perianne. I noticed you picked four blacks. I think the talk of you being a racist should end with this post.

jimnyc
12-01-2015, 05:16 PM

Michael Jordan
Wilt Chamberlain
Larry Bird
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Earvin Johnson

I'm glad someone else didn't instantly pass Kobe into the top 5. IMO, Jordan is no doubt #1, but I know folks would argue that. I can even add a few more names before Kobe would be added. An awesome basketball player, but those who say he is as good as Jordan, or better, are nuts!

Gunny
12-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Michael Jordan
Wilt Chamberlain
Larry Bird
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Earvin Johnson

Dr J.

Elessar
12-01-2015, 08:54 PM
Wilt was the best...dominated on both ends of the court.
He variously led the league in scoring, rebounding, and assists.

Bill Russel was great.

Nate Thurmond was a monster center who gave both Wilt
and Russel fits on defense.