PDA

View Full Version : Odd Things You Like To Smell

Perianne
12-02-2015, 10:39 AM
I have a very good sense of smell, probably an enhanced sense from my decreased ability to hear. I like to smell insulin. Are there odd things you like the smell of?

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I have a very good sense of smell, probably an enhanced sense from my decreased ability to hear. I like to smell insulin. Are there odd things you like the smell of?

Driving through Amish land in Pennsylvania, the first few times you smell the crap from the buggies being carried around by the horsies! Then by like the 3rd or 4th time the honeymoon is over. :)

Gunny
12-02-2015, 10:53 AM

You are f-ing weird, dude. :slap:

I like to smell normal things ... like mesquite or oak in the fireplace. And there's NOTHING that smell better than a ribeye cooked on mesquite or oak. Can't say as I know what insulin smells like.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 10:54 AM
You are f-ing weird, dude. :slap:

I like to smell normal things ... like mesquite or oak in the fireplace. And there's NOTHING that smell better than a ribeye cooked on mesquite or oak. Can't say as I know what insulin smells like.
Gunny, I hope you are confusing me with jim again.

LongTermGuy
12-02-2015, 11:03 AM
"Odd Things "You" Like To Smell........."
​Hot bread in the oven....Burnt rubber and exhaust from any type of "performance" machine...

"Gun powder" ...Smoke from a fired defensive weapon...

Gasoline being pumped into my machine....

The smell of White Castle Burgers on a cold rainy day...

*Good coffee brewing...

*The smell (feel) of a "Thinking mind" analyzing of what to do next..

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:16 AM
@Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30), I hope you are confusing me with jim again.

Where the f- is Jim? This avatar has to go, dammit. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 11:17 AM
Where the f- is @jim? This avatar has to go, dammit. :laugh:

I'm right here you blind bastard! Maybe if I Gunny you it will help with your old eyes? :laugh:

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:18 AM
"Odd Things "You" Like To Smell........."

​Hot bread in the oven....Burnt rubber and exhaust from any type of "performance" machine...

"Gun powder" ...Smoke from a fired defensive weapon...

Gasoline being pumped into my machine....

The smell of White Castle Burgers on a cold rainy day...

*Good coffee brewing...

*The smell (feel) of a "Thinking mind" analyzing of what to do next..

The burnt rubber and gas are out. The rest I can go with.

LongTermGuy
12-02-2015, 11:20 AM
The burnt rubber and gas are out. The rest I can go with.

*I got ya buddy....we all have "our" thing...:coffee:...

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:20 AM
I'm right here you blind bastard! Maybe if I @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) you it will help with your old eyes? :laugh:

My @ thing isn't working. Do I need to turn it on or something?

And when you log in invisible how the f- am I supposed to know? I'm not the Great Kreskin with a crystal ball.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Where the f- is Jim? This avatar has to go, dammit. :laugh:

Only two more days. But I feel kinda honored to have an avatar of his beloved doggie. RIP.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:23 AM

And when you log in invisible how the f- am I supposed to know? I'm not the Great Kreskin with a crystal ball.

You have to add the "@" to the name. If I type gunny, I can turn it into Gunny.

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 11:27 AM
Freshly poured blacktop, jet fuel

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:27 AM
You have to add the "@" to the name. If I type gunny, I can turn it into @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30).

I know how to use it. Isn't working for me. I just get a red squiggly line under the ID and it doesn't show up in blue.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:29 AM
Freshly poured blacktop, jet fuel

THAT is disgusting. Either of those and I'm heading for the hills. I used to hate when they'd pour the parking lot at a job.

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Under "general settings", which I believe is here - http://www.debatepolicy.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Half way down the page, you only need to make sure that notifications are turned on. If you receive notifications that you have a new PM, or new rep, then you should also get notified for the dumb Gunny thing

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I know how to use it. Isn't working for me. I just get a red squiggly line under the ID and it doesn't show up in blue.

Take a screenshot and host it somewhere so I can see what's going on, please!

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:32 AM
Under "general settings", which I believe is here - http://www.debatepolicy.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Half way down the page, you only need to make sure that notifications are turned on. If you receive notifications that you have a new PM, or new rep, then you should also get notified for the dumb @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30) thing

Have I ever claimed to be a damned rocket scientist? I'm a Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant. I break things. Now you want me to think. Damned demanding MF-er.

gabosaurus
12-02-2015, 11:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXSHnam0ezs

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 11:33 AM
A freshly cut lawn.

Drummond
12-02-2015, 11:34 AM
Not sure I'd necessarily call it 'odd', but I like the smell of Earl Grey tea after I've brewed a piping hot mug of it.

There's also the spectre, every now and again, of the smell of Leftie :bs1: ... which comes from the Left we find on this board ...

This will no doubt invite a comment from FJ (?). We shall see ...

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Have I ever claimed to be a damned rocket scientist? I'm a Marine Corps Gunnery Sergeant. I break things. Now you want me to think. Damned demanding MF-er.

Everything is turned on best I can tell.

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 11:44 AM
Everything is turned on best I can tell.

Make sure you type the AT sign, then no space at all, then the users name. It should be that simple. Then AFTER you submit the post, that persons name should then turn into a link, but not until AFTER the post is submitted.

Then again, just realized, you know all of this from USMB, don't you?

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 11:51 AM
THAT is disgusting. Either of those and I'm heading for the hills. I used to hate when they'd pour the parking lot at a job.

Jet fuel smells like....

Vacation.

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 11:53 AM
A shop full of new tires.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:57 AM
On a disgusting note....

I used to work in a unit where nearly all the patients were on tube feeding. Tube feeding is when liquid "food" is fed into a patient through a tube, usually inserted through an incision in the abdomen into the stomach. Tube feeding regularly causes diarrhea.

It got to where I could tell what type of tube feeding they were on by the smell of their diarrhea. Yep, Nursing is exciting work.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 12:04 PM
On a disgusting note....

I used to work in a unit where nearly all the patients were on tube feeding. Tube feeding is when liquid "food" is fed into a patient through a tube, usually inserted through an incision in the abdomen into the stomach. Tube feeding regularly causes diarrhea.

It got to where I could tell what type of tube feeding they were on by the smell of their diarrhea. Yep, Nursing is exciting work.

Yeah. I once got to do the electrical in Baptist Hospital where they were establishing a new clinic withing the hospital. Was on the 4th floor. The place you go when you aren't going home again. Next stop was Roy Akers Funeral Home. All that dialysis and crap and people pooping their pants walking down the hall was a bit much for me. My ex actually called my boss and tried to get me pulled off that job because I was so depressed. Unfortunately, if you have the skills to work a hospital in the electrical trade, guess where you're going?

I hated that job and I hated the smell. Every day for 4 months.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 12:18 PM
On a disgusting note....

When a patient is lying in a bed and they release a quart of liquid feces, it creates a "pond" of diarrhea. It is a pond because the bed is depressed where they are lying, so the feces pools around the genitals and between the legs. I used to take suction tubing and suck the poop up into the canister. The sound of it would make my aides nearly vomit. I never understood why it made them nauseated, but it was funny.