PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Is Gone

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:31 AM
Tiger Woods has more or less admitted that he is finished. Will you miss him?

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 11:40 AM
Yes, at least the Tiger of old. I truly wanted him to break Nicklaus's records. But then he turned into a sex addict, or was revealed as one. After reading about where he is in the stage of his recovery now, sounds like he is about kaput.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 11:45 AM

Probably about as much as I miss golf. Wait ... that's wrong ... I ALWAYS miss golf. :laugh:

Wuss. He's not old enough to sissy out. I can't stand athletes that get into a funk and quit. Stop trying so hard, relax and go back at it.

Drummond
12-02-2015, 11:46 AM

No.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 11:50 AM
Although I admit that he was one of the greatest ever, I did not like him. Thai-ger.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 12:19 PM
Although I admit that he was one of the greatest ever, I did not like him. Thai-ger.

I don't really follow golf, but it's been on the news. I disagree he was one of the greatest ever. Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are a couple of the "greatest ever". Tiger Woods isn't even close. He's a flash in the pan. And when the going got tough, apparently he's getting going ... home.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 12:22 PM
I don't really follow golf, but it's been on the news. I disagree he was one of the greatest ever. Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer are a couple of the "greatest ever". Tiger Woods isn't even close. He's a flash in the pan. And when the going got tough, apparently he's getting going ... home.

He went to his nasty hos' houses. And Thaiger had such a cute little wife.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8037&stc=1

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 12:23 PM

Wow.

Who are talking about again?

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Wow.

Who are talking about again?

That wife is smoking.

Black Diamond
12-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Thaiger. That's funny stuff.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 12:28 PM
Tiger Woods played around with nasty hos while he was married to that cute woman.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 12:29 PM

I never liked him. I don't like golf. It's a game, not a sport. The only thing I like about golf is the clubs make damned good weapons.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 12:30 PM
My daughter and I are thinking about taking up golf next year.

fj1200
12-02-2015, 01:18 PM

A flash in the pan? He dominated for 20 years. And I got annoyed with all the Tiger fawning err, coverage.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 01:44 PM
A flash in the pan? He dominated for 20 years. And I got annoyed with all the Tiger fawning err, coverage.

Less. We've been listening to his whining over aches and pains for quite a few years now. His NAME may have dominated, but he hasn't been relevant in 5-6 years. He started around 95-96. He was dominant for only a few years. Late 90s early 2000s.

fj1200
12-02-2015, 01:54 PM
Less. We've been listening to his whining over aches and pains for quite a few years now. His NAME may have dominated, but he hasn't been relevant in 5-6 years. He started around 95-96. He was dominant for only a few years. Late 90s early 2000s.

No. Three consecutive Junior Amateurs, three consecutive US Amateurs, 14 majors over 21 years (rank: 2nd), 79 tour victories (rank 2nd). He hasn't won a major since '08 but he's won 14 times on tour since then.

Perianne
12-02-2015, 01:56 PM
I like my new avatar! Thanks, jimnyc

gabosaurus
12-02-2015, 02:04 PM
To me, Tiger Woods is like Kobe Bryant. He refused to accept that his talent level diminished quite a few years ago. Famous athletes are like that.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 02:24 PM
I like my new avatar! Thanks, @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1)

No kidding "thanks". I'm tired of responding to him and it being you. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 02:35 PM
No kidding "thanks". I'm tired of responding to him and it being you. :laugh:

That's what I told her. I was confusing her for myself! :)

Gunny
12-02-2015, 02:48 PM

Okay. That one's got me cracking up. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Perianne
12-02-2015, 02:59 PM

I noticed your salty language improved while you were me. :)

Gunny
12-02-2015, 05:38 PM
No. Three consecutive Junior Amateurs, three consecutive US Amateurs, 14 majors over 21 years (rank: 2nd), 79 tour victories (rank 2nd). He hasn't won a major since '08 but he's won 14 times on tour since then.

Means nothing to me. And Amateur crap don't count. Matter of fact, golf doesn't count, period. It rates right up there with bowling and checkers. He's only relevant to those that made a big deal of him because he's half something. Kind of like they do Obama. He's a guy that hits a little white ball with a stick. We used to use them for targets to shoot at.

Jeff
12-02-2015, 05:39 PM
Tiger who ????

The Hell with him, golf is not a sport ( although fun to play, at least when ya don't care who wins ) Tiger cheated on his wife and then took a down hill road, Bill Clinton cheated on the pig he calls a wife and people all yelled that is his business, now as I stated I don't care for golf or Tiger, but it's a shame he was crucified for doing the same thing most of our politicians do and get away with. And lets not forget Clinton did it with a woman that a few months earlier he could of been charged with sexual abuse of a minor, yea the country is a little twisted I would say.

Gunny
12-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Tiger who ????

The Hell with him, golf is not a sport ( although fun to play, at least when ya don't care who wins ) Tiger cheated on his wife and then took a down hill road, Bill Clinton cheated on the pig he calls a wife and people all yelled that is his business, now as I stated I don't care for golf or Tiger, but it's a shame he was crucified for doing the same thing most of our politicians do and get away with. And lets not forget Clinton did it with a woman that a few months earlier he could of been charged with sexual abuse of a minor, yea the country is a little twisted I would say.

You need more bandwidth if you're going to start listing Clinton crimes. :laugh:

Jeff
12-02-2015, 05:54 PM
You need more bandwidth if you're going to start listing Clinton crimes. :laugh:

Ya think :laugh::laugh:

Gunny
12-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Ya think :laugh::laugh:

You know how Jim is. Got pics of a Mustang GT and $200 kicks up and we don't even get a message board that does what we want. Selfish bastard. :poke:

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
You know how Jim is. Got pics of a Mustang GT and $200 kicks up and we don't even get a message board that does what we want. Selfish bastard. :poke:

Hey! What is it that it's not doing? :poke:

Gunny
12-02-2015, 06:15 PM
Hey! What is it that it's not doing? :poke:

Anything I want it to that it doesn't. I could make a list but Perianne might blush. :laugh2:

Perianne
12-02-2015, 07:16 PM
Anything I want it to that it doesn't. I could make a list but Perianne might blush. :laugh2:

Thank you for holding back.

Elessar
12-02-2015, 07:38 PM

Nope! I do not consider golf to be all that athletic. It is like marbles....just takes skill

Elessar
12-02-2015, 07:40 PM
Tiger Woods played around with nasty hos while he was married to that cute woman.

Not just cute...gorgeous.

His ego was his downfall.

LongTermGuy
12-02-2015, 08:29 PM
​No...I hate Golf and never was on Tiger bandwagon...

fj1200
12-03-2015, 12:22 PM
Means nothing to me. And Amateur crap don't count. Matter of fact, golf doesn't count, period. It rates right up there with bowling and checkers. He's only relevant to those that made a big deal of him because he's half something. Kind of like they do Obama. He's a guy that hits a little white ball with a stick. We used to use them for targets to shoot at.

You're quite opinionated on something that means nothing to you. :poke: You don't have to like golf and you don't have to like Tiger but to call him a flash in the pan is nowhere close to reality.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 12:32 PM
You're quite opinionated on something that means nothing to you. :poke: You don't have to like golf and you don't have to like Tiger but to call him a flash in the pan is nowhere close to reality.

It's frustrating when people get extra attention *because * of skin color. Tiger was really good but he certainly got far more attention than jack Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer ever did. and, while i do not follow golf closely, i dont imagine tiger was that much better than they were

fj1200
12-03-2015, 12:39 PM
It's frustrating when people get extra attention *because * of skin color. Tiger was really good but he certainly got far more attention than jack Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer ever did. and, while i do not follow golf closely, i dont imagine tiger was that much better than they were

I don't think he got as much attention due to skin color, he got attention because he was good and far above that of his peers when he was on. For some majors I think the betting line was that he was more likely to win than lose. I think McIlroy and Spieth will get the same amount of attention that Tiger got if they attain the level he was at. They showed Tiger because people wanted to see Tiger (though it annoyed me at times) just like them showing Michael Jordan because people wanted to see Michael Jordan. I was at a tournament many moon ago and Tiger got more applause for tapping in his bogey than for his playing partner who made par.

But it's hard to compare golfers of different eras. Tiger was far better than Arnold over his career IMO and won more times than Jack (except for majors). The hard thing to watch is that he hasn't been able to come back and wind down his career like most do of his talent level. Tom Watson, for example, almost won the British Open when he was almost 60.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 12:46 PM
I don't think he got as much attention due to skin color, he got attention because he was good and far above that of his peers when he was on. For some majors I think the betting line was that he was more likely to win than lose. I think McIlroy and Spieth will get the same amount of attention that Tiger got if they attain the level he was at. They showed Tiger because people wanted to see Tiger (though it annoyed me at times) just like them showing Michael Jordan because people wanted to see Michael Jordan. I was at a tournament many moon ago and Tiger got more applause for tapping in his bogey than for his playing partner who made par.

But it's hard to compare golfers of different eras. Tiger was far better than Arnold over his career IMO and won more times than Jack (except for majors). The hard thing to watch is that he hasn't been able to come back and wind down his career like most do of his talent level. Tom Watson, for example, almost won the British Open when he was almost 60.

It was frustrating that Jordan reitred the first time and came back and while he still really good, he had lost a step or two. So I hear what you're saying about tiger and skills diminishing

Abbey Marie
12-03-2015, 04:58 PM
More like a crash in the pan.

And why a man would cheat on a woman who bore his children, looks like her, and of whom I have't heard a bad word, is a mystery to me.

In the words of a character in my beloved movie, Mooonstruck, "Maybe they fear death?" :rolleyes:

Gunny
12-04-2015, 02:18 PM

Dude, I got an opinion on what time the sun rises and sets. In this particular instance, as an athlete all my life, I DEFINITELY have an opinion on the difference between a sport and game. Tiddly winks is NOT a sport. Neither is golf. They're games. A sport is where you have to actually have some physical prowess and use it.

fj1200
12-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Dude, I got an opinion on what time the sun rises and sets. In this particular instance, as an athlete all my life, I DEFINITELY have an opinion on the difference between a sport and game. Tiddly winks is NOT a sport. Neither is golf. They're games. A sport is where you have to actually have some physical prowess and use it.

That's all well and good but the question was is Tiger a flash in the pan? Undoubtedly no. As to golf being a sport??? A picture paints a thousand words:

https://thesportsbean.wordpress.com/files/2008/05/dalyh1.jpg?w=168

http://crudmykidssay.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mic-drop.jpg

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 09:54 AM

On the bright side, he has all the time in the world to screw around. :eek:

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 09:54 AM
That's all well and good but the question was is Tiger a flash in the pan? Undoubtedly no. As to golf being a sport??? A picture paints a thousand words:

https://thesportsbean.wordpress.com/files/2008/05/dalyh1.jpg?w=168

http://crudmykidssay.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/mic-drop.jpg

LOVE that show! Especially Captain Holt.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 09:57 AM
On the bright side, he has all the time in the world to screw around. :eek:

O thought therapy fixed that problem. :dunno:

fj1200
12-07-2015, 10:01 AM
LOVE that show! Especially Captain Holt.

Brilliant casting all around IMO.

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 10:01 AM
O thought therapy fixed that problem. :dunno:

http://rlv.zcache.com/uh_yeah_sure_tshirt-r2de7078ac4eb4c29a1629b71fae15ae8_804g9_324.jpg

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 10:02 AM
Brilliant casting all around IMO.

:beer: