PDA

View Full Version : vBulletin Question

Perianne
12-02-2015, 02:23 PM
I thought about asking jimnyc via PM, but I thought maybe everyone would want to know this.

When I find a picture on the internet that I want to post, I first save it to my computer. Then, I use the insert image button to insert the picture. Does the vBulletin software save the picture? What if I delete the picture from my computer?

Gunny
12-02-2015, 02:28 PM
I thought about asking @jimnyc (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=1) via PM, but I thought maybe everyone would want to know this.

When I find a picture on the internet that I want to post, I first save it to my computer. Then, I use the insert image button to insert the picture. Does the vBulletin software save the picture? What if I delete the picture from my computer?

You should be able to insert the picture directly from the internet to the board. Copy and paste the link to the image thingy. Deleting the image from where you saved it on your computer shouldn't change a thing.

jimnyc
12-02-2015, 02:34 PM
My recommended way. The way you are doing it is just fine. And yes, it gets saved on the server when yo9u do it the way you are.

But my favorite way. Save the picture from the internet as you are. Have a free account at a place like "imgur" or any other free image hosting account. After saving to your computer, now upload to your image hosting account. These accounts will always give you the "bbcode" that you then copy and paste into your post here at the board, and then your image shows up!

fj1200
12-03-2015, 12:58 PM
When I find a picture on the internet that I want to post, I first save it to my computer.

I just post the link back to it. "Post Image" "From URL" Uncheck "Retrieve from..." Bingo Bango Bongo