PDA

View Full Version : Does your state do this too?

Abbey Marie
12-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Just saw this on my state's DMV web site. Yes, Delaware is a very blue state.

<header>Delaware Driving Privilege Card

</header>Senate Bill 59 was passed by the 148th General Assembly in June 2015. The Bill authorizes and allows the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to issue a Driving Privilege Card (DPC) to undocumented Delaware residents of any nationality. The DPC will NOT be considered a valid form of identification.

The Delaware DPC will be considered a valid driver license that the Delaware DMV issues for driving purposes only within the state of Delaware. The DPC is only available to foreign Delaware residents who are unable to produce legal presence within the United States and meet certain eligibility requirements. The fee for the DPC is $20 and will be valid for a period of 4 years. The Driving Privilege Permit and Card will bear the distinct verbiage "Driving Privilege Only" and "Not Valid for Identification" on its face.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 12:00 PM
I am not sure about Oregon.

But what you just showed opens a question:

What about Liability Insurance?

Abbey Marie
12-03-2015, 12:01 PM

Now, Elessar, you know that is a racist comment. :eek:

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 12:03 PM

The insured absorb it I imagine.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 12:07 PM

Abbey if someone hits your car and totals it and they are not insured, how is your car replaced? In Delaware I mean

Elessar
12-03-2015, 12:07 PM

Awwww....one term: Bullshit!:laugh2:

Gunny
12-05-2015, 12:48 AM

Oregon's getting their asses by UNLV. I can tell you THAT. :)

Gunny
12-05-2015, 12:57 AM
Geez ... that guy Dorsey just blew out a knee. That hurt just watching it.

indago
12-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Does your state do this too? (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52890-Does-your-state-do-this-too)

No!

"Ten states and the District of Columbia have such programs, which supporters say help keep immigrants insured and informed about the rules of the road. Opponents argue that the licenses condone illegal behavior."

posting (http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?52076-Illegals-%97-Driver-License&p=770753#post770753)