PDA

View Full Version : Latest Buzzwords: "Soft" Targets

Gunny
12-03-2015, 02:37 PM
I'm about ready to throw something through the tube if I hear these talking heads say "soft targets" one more time. I've known what a soft target was since I was 6 or 7 years old. All I've heard is "soft target" and "we need more gun control".

Guess what? You can't buy an AR-15 in California legally. So, the only people that don't have AR-15's are the ones that obey the law. Duh.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 02:53 PM
I'm about ready to throw something through the tube if I hear these talking heads say "soft targets" one more time. I've known what a soft target was since I was 6 or 7 years old. All I've heard is "soft target" and "we need more gun control".

Guess what? You can't buy an AR-15 in California legally. So, the only people that don't have AR-15's are the ones that obey the law. Duh.

Well....the Anti-gunners have no common sense anyway.

They blame the inanimate object, not the person using it.

Gunny
12-03-2015, 02:59 PM
Well....the Anti-gunners have no common sense anyway.

They blame the inanimate object, not the person using it.

Problem is we're kind of stuck. These morons keep using firearms to commit crimes. Since when did anything the Dems do have to make any kind of sense? CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Now, had one or two of the 31 people killed or injured been allowed to carry, that number might not be 31.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 03:10 PM
Problem is we're kind of stuck. These morons keep using firearms to commit crimes. Since when did anything the Dems do have to make any kind of sense? CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country. Now, had one or two of the 31 people killed or injured been allowed to carry, that number might not be 31.

Yeah...10 day wait for a background check in CA, even with my TS clearance.
Oregon? 20 minutes depending on the computer load!:laugh:

Gunny
12-03-2015, 03:16 PM

About a half hour in Texas. In the Communist Republic of Illinois, it takes forever. Point is, and why I put this in the military forum because we know the difference between soft, hard and primary targets is .... The media is acting like this is some new discovery THEY made and they're talking it to death.

That and second-guessing a dead guy's intentions to death. Give it a rest already. He's a stupid Arab that thinks if you disagree with him he can kill you. It's not any harder than THAT.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 03:48 PM
Point is, and why I put this in the military forum because we know the difference between soft, hard and primary targets is .... The media is acting like this is some new discovery THEY made and they're talking it to death.

Another point is that when they get stuck on a buzz-word, they wear it out.
Just like the idiotic phrase "Gone Viral".
No originality at all....just lemmings.

Gunny
12-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Another point is that when they get stuck on a buzz-word, they wear it out.
Just like the idiotic phrase "Gone Viral".
No originality at all....just lemmings.

They haven't shut up yet and STILL don't know any actual facts more than they did yesterday. And I really DO hate everyone on Fox News. Not because of the message but the messengers SUCK. Shepherd Smith's a kiss-ass moron like Hannity. O'Reilly's always on his own planet. Greta and Megyn never know what the Hell they're talking about. They always have the same damned "panel" on each and every show. Juan Williams drives me up the wall as well as that other black activist guy that does a radio show. Geraldo has pissed me off since the 70s.

Right now they're interviewing some woman who barely speaks English saying her daughter could have been hurt yesterday. I mean, really? Tell that to a family member of one of the dead. I'm sure they'll feel for you.:rolleyes:

Perianne
12-03-2015, 05:25 PM

Zero wait at some of the gun shows I have been to. :)

Gunny
12-03-2015, 05:29 PM
Zero wait at some of the gun shows I have been to. :)

They're trying to take those away.

I say we kill all these f*ckers.

CSM
12-04-2015, 07:01 AM
Buzzwords, given enough use, become bumper stickers. Bumper stickers eventually become "fact". This is one of the reasons we end up with politicians like we have now ... and liberals. Buzzwords allow the lazy to rest their already meager capacity for logical thought.

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 12:31 PM
Does one have to buy their firearm in their home state? Or is this a state-by-state law?
Our closest store is over the state line in PA.

Gunny
12-04-2015, 12:43 PM
Does one have to buy their firearm in their home state? Or is this a state-by-state law?
Our closest store is over the state line in PA.

Every state I have lived in, yes. You have to have a drivers license/ID from the state you are purchasing in. The exception is if you are military. We are allowed to use the license from our Home of Record. It IS stat by state though.

California restricts the types of weapons you can own. Illinois gets around gun registration by registering the gun owner. In Texas you can shoot the breeze and drink coffee and play with every gun in the shop and walk home with your purchase within an hour.

Unless something has changed (been awhile since I was there) you cannot legally own what is described by lefties as an "assault rifle" in CA. Since an AR-15 has a bayonette lug, sling straps, and a pistol grip, it is defined as an "assault weapon". Never mind I can assault you with a pencil, or a lever action rifle. It's just more stupidity from the left.