PDA

View Full Version : December 6, 1941

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 06:48 PM
80% of the American public was against getting involved in war. The attitude changed drastically overnight.

If we were attacked again to that extent today, how would the American public react tomorrow?

Bilgerat
12-03-2015, 07:04 PM
If we were attacked again to that extent today, how would the American public react tomorrow?

Looking for a "safe space" ?

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Looking for a "safe space" ?

That's what I am afriad of.

LongTermGuy
12-03-2015, 07:55 PM
That's what I am afriad of.

small minority...still...dont be afraid...

Kathianne
12-03-2015, 08:22 PM
80% of the American public was against getting involved in war. The attitude changed drastically overnight.

We were attacked to that extent on 9/11. The cohesion didn't last.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 08:26 PM

If Iraq had hit us, it may have. And people wanted blood initially. I don't know if this new batch of dipshits will want blood at all or if there will be any cohesion.

gabosaurus
12-03-2015, 08:35 PM

FDR knew it would. The Japanese did not.

It lasted until the American people discovered the level of lies and deception that they had been subject to by the White House.

Kathianne
12-03-2015, 08:40 PM

It lasted until the American people discovered the level of lies and deception that they had been subject to by the White House.
Nope, nearly immediately there were those that blamed the US. You are deliberately being obtuse.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 08:40 PM

Try do do like Obama demands and appease them.
Remember all his lines in the sand?

aboutime
12-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Any attack like the ones that took place on Dec 7, 1941, and Sep 11, 2001 would be a DREAM COME TRUE for Obama, and the Dems.

Does anyone here have any doubt...They would find a way to Blame Bush, and Republicans for such attacks?

Liars have nothing but their lies. And the majority of Americans who are BLIND, SELFISH, and IGNORANT,would support Obama and the Dems...Pushing Hillary into the White House.

That's not a GUESS. Just watch what takes place, and remember "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 08:44 PM
Nope, nearly immediately there were those that blamed the US. You are deliberately being obtuse.

Go figure.

PixieStix
12-03-2015, 08:45 PM

They would pray facing mecca :coffee:

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 08:45 PM
Any attack like the ones that took place on Dec 7, 1941, and Sep 11, 2001 would be a DREAM COME TRUE for Obama, and the Dems.

Does anyone here have any doubt...They would find a way to Blame Bush, and Republicans for such attacks?

Liars have nothing but their lies. And the majority of Americans who are BLIND, SELFISH, and IGNORANT,would support Obama and the Dems...Pushing Hillary into the White House.

That's not a GUESS. Just watch what takes place, and remember "I TOLD YOU SO!"

Do you see another attack of that magnitude in the coming months?

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 08:50 PM
They would pray facing mecca :coffee:

Obama would certainly bring up Jim Crow and the crusades.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 08:51 PM

Balderdash!

They acted on the existing Intel that was believed to
be accurate globally. It was several years before the
Intel was proven to be largely inaccurate. By then Saddam
had already trucked his WMD's to Syria.

The UN would do nothing because they were involved with the
Oil for Food scandal. France was in that scandal as well.

Educate yourself:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2003/02/dems-f08.html

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 08:52 PM
Balderdash!

They acted on the existing Intel that was believed to
be accurate globally. It was several years before the
Intel was proven to be largely inaccurate. By then Saddam
had already trucked his WMD's to Syria.

The UN would do nothing because they were involved with the
Oil for Food scandal. France was in that scandal as well.

Educate yourself:

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2003/02/dems-f08.html

http://www.snopes.com/politics/war/wmdquotes.asp

Don't feed the trolls.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 08:55 PM
Don't feed the trolls.

Aye...but try to teach the ignorant does not hurt:laugh:

aboutime
12-03-2015, 10:11 PM
Do you see another attack of that magnitude in the coming months?

I hope not. But then. With who's in the w/h today, and his fears of offending OUR KNOWN ENEMIES, while helping terrorists from around the World to come here...under the guise of being rejected from their own nation. Syria, and Russia. Namely Putin, with the assistance of Iran, and even Saudi Arabia with their OIL Extortion.
All anyone has to do is REMEMBER past History. Which very few people even want to talk about, or learn. I expect, we ARE DOOMED to Repeat it.

I love this nation with every ounce of my being. And only want what is best for ALL OF US. But when we are being BETRAYED based on near TOTAL IGNORANCE, SELFISHNESS, and RACISM CLAIMS. I do fear our Nation has to be shocked into doing What nobody wants. As in Actually DEFENDING Ourselves from our Enemies...FOREIGN and IN WASHINGTON.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 10:17 PM
I hope not. But then. With who's in the w/h today, and his fears of offending OUR KNOWN ENEMIES, while helping terrorists from around the World to come here...under the guise of being rejected from their own nation. Syria, and Russia. Namely Putin, with the assistance of Iran, and even Saudi Arabia with their OIL Extortion.
All anyone has to do is REMEMBER past History. Which very few people even want to talk about, or learn. I expect, we ARE DOOMED to Repeat it.

I love this nation with every ounce of my being. And only want what is best for ALL OF US. But when we are being BETRAYED based on near TOTAL IGNORANCE, SELFISHNESS, and RACISM CLAIMS. I do fear our Nation has to be shocked into doing What nobody wants. As in Actually DEFENDING Ourselves from our Enemies...FOREIGN and IN WASHINGTON.

I fear we wouldn't be tough enough even if there were a massive attack.

aboutime
12-03-2015, 10:24 PM
I fear we wouldn't be tough enough even if there were a massive attack.

Agreed. Since Obama and the Dem Cowards in Congress Micromanage our military, preventing them from DEFENDING THEMSELVES under the Obama RULES OF ENGAGEMENT....of which...turning the other cheek is a joke with empty clips, and attempts to ASK the enemies to be Kind, and Please put their AK's away.

Obama won't allow Americans to defend themselves. Listen to Hillary. Take away our 2nd Amendment through Executive Orders...and we lose our Liberty, Freedom, and Speech.

Not a theory. I fear it's coming down to TREASON by EXTORTION. Obama and the Dems can take away everything the people who vote for them need as quickly as they got it, and they called it FREE.

Elessar
12-03-2015, 11:21 PM
Agreed. Since Obama and the Dem Cowards in Congress Micromanage our military, preventing them from DEFENDING THEMSELVES under the Obama RULES OF ENGAGEMENT....of which...turning the other cheek is a joke with empty clips, and attempts to ASK the enemies to be Kind, and Please put their AK's away.

Obama won't allow Americans to defend themselves. Listen to Hillary. Take away our 2nd Amendment through Executive Orders...and we lose our Liberty, Freedom, and Speech.

Not a theory. I fear it's coming down to TREASON by EXTORTION. Obama and the Dems can take away everything the people who vote for them need as quickly as they got it, and they called it FREE.

I think at this point, if Hillary sniper-fire-dodger made it in,
there could very well be a revolt.

gabosaurus
12-03-2015, 11:45 PM
The thread that ties the two attacks together is the use (or none-use) of military intelligence.
Military intelligence could read Japanese code far before Dec. 7, 1941. FDR was torn between his desire to help the British and his country's overwhelming desire to stay out of the war. There has always been speculation that FDR knew the Japanese planned to launch an attack and didn't act on it.
Same is true is GW Bush. Saddam's threats to kill his dad had always rankled him. He had put together a plan to invade Iraq and depose Saddam before he even took office. All he needed was a valid reason to pull it off.

Black Diamond
12-03-2015, 11:59 PM
I think at this point, if Hillary sniper-fire-dodger made it in,
there could very well be a revolt.

There's a part of me that would enjoy that.

Elessar
12-04-2015, 12:52 AM
The thread that ties the two attacks together is the use (or none-use) of military intelligence.
Military intelligence could read Japanese code far before Dec. 7, 1941. FDR was torn between his desire to help the British and his country's overwhelming desire to stay out of the war. There has always been speculation that FDR knew the Japanese planned to launch an attack and didn't act on it.
Same is true is GW Bush. Saddam's threats to kill his dad had always rankled him. He had put together a plan to invade Iraq and depose Saddam before he even took office. All he needed was a valid reason to pull it off.

That is not directly accurate, and you know it.
If was hat true, he'd have been taken out long before.

Saddam gassed Kurds and opposing clans on the delta.
His forces shot down an airliner with 268 people on board.
He was trying to build cannons to fire nuke warheads.
He used gas on the war with Iran.

You have a lot to learn, M'Lady.
Only the USA, Spain, Italy, and Germany stood up to this creep.

Black Diamond
12-04-2015, 12:54 AM
That is not directly accurate, and you know it.
If that true, he'd have been taken out long before.

Saddam gassed Kurds and opposing clans on the delta.
His forces shot down an airliner with 268 people on board.
He was trying to build cannons to fire nuke warheads.

You have a lot to lean, M'Lady.
Only the USA, Spain, Italy, and Germany stood up to this creep.

Trolls. I said.

KarlMarx
12-04-2015, 08:25 AM
The question comes up how we should defeat radical Islam and there are a lot of opinions. I think we should take a lesson from World War II.

We defeated Fascism by killing Nazis, lots of them. We brought the war to them, we bombed their cities, we made unconditional surrender the only possible option.

In my opinion, we will defeat radical Islam in the same way. We should kill as many of them as we can until there were too few of them to be a threat and, if those that survive will realize that there is no point in dying for a lost cause.

San Bernadino should be a wake up call to the rest of us... we are now at war.