PDA

View Full Version : Fun chat about mods and admins...in general!!!

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 10:04 AM
First off let me say that this thread isn't in reference to any mod or admin here. It's generally speaking. This is just a generalization against a group of people and not a personal attack against anyone in particular. Please, no ad hominem attacks against anyone in this thread. I'm sure a mod or admin will give you the appropriate warnings and/or punishments that other posters have received if you engage in any personal attacks. Let's keep it civil. Just share your experiences and opinions about mods and admins in general.

It's been my experience that the more mods and admins a board has, the worse it is. Especially when a board is slanted to the left or right and everyone is good buddies with one another. Mods or admins who can't moderate and facilitate objectively are the worst though. IMO, mods or admins who engage in personal flame fests at the very hint of disagreement but then hide behind their ability to ban someone when they get it in return are a bunch of pussies. Those are the type of people who probably got their asses kicked everyday in high school and are now using their mod or admin powers to make up for the psychological abuse they took way back then. In fact, I believe those mods and admins who exhibit that type of behavior have a mental illness. Of course, I've no scientific proof that it's a mental illness but based on my experiences with mods and admins, it's my opinion that they might be. People like that should seriously seek help and be cured before they destroy the fabric of society. The next thing you know they're going to want to marry goats and shit. Seriously.

Again, I'm not talking about anyone in particular or even this board, even. Just speaking about a bunch of people in general. Thank God the mods and admins here are such great advocates of free speech and allow us to engage in generalizations about a group of people.

Anyone else got any experiences or stories they'd like to share about mods and admins in general?

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Thread reinstated, carry on...

Roomy
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Hit the nail right on the head and said it all:2up:

darin
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
The single worst action Moderator can take: Acting 'just because' somebody complained. I've had moderators actually say this to me: "I didn't mind what you said...but I got a complaint, so, yeah...had to delete your post."

Wha? WTF, over?

The 2nd worst-action Administrators take is when they include rules which state 'anything offensive regarding somebody's gender, religion (unless it's christianity most of the time - dp), or sexual orientation will not be tolerated.'

retiredman
01-29-2007, 10:44 AM
I have found MOST moderators to be very laissez faire

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I have a problem believing that this thread isn't directed to staff here, especially considering your comments so closely resemble your complaints here at DP, but anyway...

Making a relation between someone's moderating ability to their experiences in high school is just silly. Claiming psychological or mental issues about them, if they don't moderate the way you wish, is even more silly. Trying to somehow relate your thread to their gay marriage beliefs is the silliest of them all.

Agreed about the free speech! With all of the bitching and complaining around here - we currently have ZERO banned posters. Threads and/or posts that wouldn't be tolerated on most political boards somehow end up remaining here on this board. Where other boards (DU) simply ban you because of which party you follow, that is not the case here. Where most boards run things the way they see fit, this board solicits thoughts from it's members and does it's best to implement suggestions. Where other boards simply dismiss complaints they receive, this board goes out of it's way to have an 'open door policy', and to try it's best to make members happy.

Roomy
01-29-2007, 11:02 AM
I have a problem believing that this thread isn't directed to staff here, especially considering your comments so closely resemble your complaints here at DP, but anyway...

Making a relation between someone's moderating ability to their experiences in high school is just silly. Claiming psychological or mental issues about them, if they don't moderate the way you wish, is even more silly. Trying to somehow relate your thread to their gay marriage beliefs is the silliest of them all.

Agreed about the free speech! With all of the bitching and complaining around here - we currently have ZERO banned posters. Threads and/or posts that wouldn't be tolerated on most political boards somehow end up remaining here on this board. Where other boards (DU) simply ban you because of which party you follow, that is not the case here. Where most boards run things the way they see fit, this board solicits thoughts from it's members and does it's best to implement suggestions. Where other boards simply dismiss complaints they receive, this board goes out of it's way to have an 'open door policy', and to try it's best to make members happy.

I must admit Jim you are bending over backwards to try to please us and you are doing a fine job of it.I think we members and you admins and mods now have a pretty good idea of the boundaries.It is also nice to know I can rely on you to unban me every time I get banned:D Infact it may be easier if you check my account every few days and let me back in if I am locked out:thumb:

jillian
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
I must admit Jim you are bending over backwards to try to please us and you are doing a fine job of it.I think we members and you admins and mods now have a pretty good idea of the boundaries.It is also nice to know I can rely on you to unban me every time I get banned:D Infact it may be easier if you check my account every few days and let me back in if I am locked out:thumb:

Just don't take advantage of his good nature. :beer:

Roomy
01-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Just don't take advantage of his good nature. :beer:

He knows when I am joking.............I hope:)

jillian
01-29-2007, 11:10 AM
He knows when I am joking.............I hope:)

I'm sure he does. I was being a bit tongue in cheek, myself. Cheers.

now have fun children...and behave yourselves :wink2:

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 11:10 AM
Whaaaa....why Jim I'm shocked. You've addressed my complaints via PM and I thank you for that. I was actually referring to another board. Huh, must be coincidental. :dunno:

?

I was speaking in general terms. Not all admins or mods who exhibit those types of behaviors have the same beliefs about gay marriage. Hey you're not implying that I was singling out somebody here are you? I'd never do that. :D

darin
01-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Honestly though, You've got a point Dirt.

We had a saying in the Army - the biggest Asshole is the guy who JUST made E5 (Sergeant). All of a sudden they have these 'powers' to f-with lower-enlisted. Generally, it goes to their heads.

I was and E4, pulling Guard-duty with another E4. We sat from 0000-0400 in a concrete shack cracking jokes; talking about friends and family. Two days later he got promoted to Sergeant. I walked up behind him and sorta bumped him to get his attention. I extended my hand when he turned around, to congratulate him. He said to me: "WHY did you just hit me? that's DISRESPECT to a NCO (non-commissioned officer). DROP!" and he put me down for push ups. After pushing a few times he told me to go and get my Team leader (another Sergeant).

My Team leader told me to stay where I was (away from the New NCO). He came back and asked me what I did. I told him the whole story. He said "Dude - that guy is an ASSHOLE. Seriously. He's a prick." Then he said the line to me about "the biggest assholes in the army."

Same thing happens Often (not always by any means) on forums. People get a little "power" and they lose their minds.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I have found MOST moderators to be very laissez faire
I have found those to be the best ones. Not singling anyone out but usually it's been my experience that someone who's user name starts with a 'J' like a Jefferey or Jill have always been great moderators. Again, I'm speaking in general terms and not specifically.

darin
01-29-2007, 11:36 AM
I have found those to be the best ones. Not singling anyone out but usually it's been my experience that someone who's user name starts with a 'J' like a Jefferey or Jill have always been great moderators. Again, I'm speaking in general terms and not specifically.

Ass-kisser....lol.

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 11:44 AM
I challenge anyone here, to surf the internet blogs over, THOROUGHLY, and find one that is more lenient towards it's members than here.

Take your time.

Mr. P
01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I challenge anyone here, to surf the internet blogs over, THOROUGHLY, and find one that is more lenient towards it's members than here.

Take your time.

Hey, I know a place that used to be pretty cool that I won't go back to.
They got the 'I'm in charge, like it or not, play my game and kiss my ass or I will crush you like a bug' disease.:laugh:

darin
01-29-2007, 11:57 AM
They got the 'I'm in charge, like it or not, play my game and kiss my ass or I will crush you like a bug' disease.:laugh:

...and it's TERMINAL..IMO.

(stealing YOUR line...yes.. :D)

retiredman
01-29-2007, 12:00 PM

Take your time.

I can think of two right off the top of my head that are way more lenient than here.

Justplainpolitics.com and fullpolitics.com

that didn't take any time at all!

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Where other boards (DU) simply ban you because of which party you follow...
Freerepublic and Sean Hannity's board are known for doing that too.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Take your time.
I think boards that allow free speech and are lenient towards its members are the best. But that's another topic. So PR do you have any thoughts in general on moderators or admins who abuse their powers or have selective standards when applying the rules? If so I'd like you to share your opinion regarding those types of people.

Nienna
01-29-2007, 12:30 PM

Hey, Mr. P! I know a place like that too! ;)

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 12:44 PM
I can think of two right off the top of my head that are way more lenient than here.

The first is a board that a member from USMB created, no1tovote4. The rules there, both written and implemented, are the same that I had at USMB. They are likely the same here in spirit. Good board though, I agree, and Doug's a good guy! He's also a member here.

Fullpolitics looks like fullcrap to me, no offense. With no moderators, and one forum for politics in total, it just seems like too much involvement in one place, and a bit of chaos. I can't fairly assess that, as I'm not a member there, but that wouldn't appeal to me.

darin
01-29-2007, 12:45 PM
So PR do you have any thoughts in general on moderators or admins who abuse their powers or have selective standards when applying the rules? If so I'd like you to share your opinion regarding those types of people.

The boards generally belong to the Admins (not in this case - it belongs to ONE admin). Frankly, Board Owners are FREE to do whatever the hell they want.

I'm on rx8club.com - once I made a comment in a thread saying "Moderators who abuse their powers...etc" I was banned for 3 days. Because an admin thought I was OBVIOUSLY talking about HIS moderators. He reversed the ban, after I chatted with him...But that board is ONE example where moderators/admins have done VERY silly things, IMO. I still participate because, 'generally' I like the board and the ppl there. :)

People need to get over their ideas they are somehow OWED something from forum Moderators/Admins.

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Freerepublic and Sean Hannity's board are known for doing that too.

I've gotten some decent articles from Freerepublic in the past but didn't even know they had forums. As for Hannity, don't listen to him nor listen, so can't comment. I think it's a shame if ANY political forum bans for affiliation, and sends out a shitty message to not only those opposed but those who agree too (or at least I'd like to think so)

darin
01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Oh - another thing which pisses me off...Boards who have a 'zero tollerance' policy. It's SUCH bullshit.

Case-by-case basis rules the day, IMO.

darin
01-29-2007, 12:49 PM
OH! Another thing I hate...TRAFFIC COPS...Not them per se...just their job.

Mr. P
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey, Mr. P! I know a place like that too! ;)

Small world, ain't it? ;)

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 12:52 PM
I was once banned by the admins at the now defunct Ogrish.com - and the best part was that they LOOKED for trolls in one forum, and had no rules, and I still found a way to get banned! LOL I debated everyone on everything and was basically racist against anything that lived. I pretty much grated on everyone's nerves. The admin stopped in, and I told him to go eat some monkey shit too. They finally got tired of me and banned me and my IP address - and this was after 2 days!

Mr. P
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
I was once banned by the admins at the now defunct Ogrish.com - and the best part was that they LOOKED for trolls in one forum, and had no rules, and I still found a way to get banned! LOL I debated everyone on everything and was basically racist against anything that lived. I pretty much grated on everyone's nerves. The admin stopped in, and I told him to go eat some monkey shit too. They finally got tired of me and banned me and my IP address - and this was after 2 days!

So this means you know a troll when ya see one. Right? :lol:

retiredman
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
The first is a board that a member from USMB created, no1tovote4. The rules there, both written and implemented, are the same that I had at USMB. They are likely the same here in spirit. Good board though, I agree, and Doug's a good guy! He's also a member here.

Fullpolitics looks like fullcrap to me, no offense. With no moderators, and one forum for politics in total, it just seems like too much involvement in one place, and a bit of chaos. I can't fairly assess that, as I'm not a member there, but that wouldn't appeal to me.

the question was what boards are more lenient to their members. JustPlain Politics is a great site and Doug is a great guy and, unlike here, does not play favorites. Fullpolitics might be all you say, but they are more lenient than here which was the question asked.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 12:58 PM
The boards generally belong to the Admins (not in this case - it belongs to ONE admin). Frankly, Board Owners are FREE to do whatever the hell they want.

I'm on rx8club.com - once I made a comment in a thread saying "Moderators who abuse their powers...etc" I was banned for 3 days. Because an admin thought I was OBVIOUSLY talking about HIS moderators. He reversed the ban, after I chatted with him...But that board is ONE example where moderators/admins have done VERY silly things, IMO. I still participate because, 'generally' I like the board and the ppl there. :)

People need to get over their ideas they are somehow OWED something from forum Moderators/Admins.
Oh totally. Moderators and admins aren't owed anything. Posters should leave if they don't like the rules or the board. But generally speaking, I've seen boards with lots of traffic get run straight into the gutter by power hungry admins or mods because they felt like they could shit all over their posters. In my experience, it's a two way street.

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:01 PM
I think boards that allow free speech and are lenient towards its members are the best. But that's another topic. So PR do you have any thoughts in general on moderators or admins who abuse their powers or have selective standards when applying the rules? If so I'd like you to share your opinion regarding those types of people.

The worst I've ever seen is the little twit that bought Jim's old board, the USMB. He came in there like a junior hitler, changed everything to HIS liking, and THEN asked members about what they'd like. After member input, he still did things HIS way. A true jerk off. But, he bought the board. He COULD do what he wanted. If you liked it, you stayed... Kathianne. If you didn't, you left... most of the people here.

Most moderation I've ever seen was heavy handed. Most of the time they'd let members have at themselves, but THEY were OFF LIMITS. If you disrespected an admin/mod personally, you were gone, "permanently", no questions asked. That is NOT the policy here. The people of this fledgeling board have had MORE SAY as to what happens, in all instances, than any other board I've ever seen. I'd have to say the members of this board have it made.

Grumplestillskin
01-29-2007, 01:04 PM

Take your time.

I can think of two straight off the top of my head. By the far the worst I have been on for moderating was the old CNN boards. They'd delete posts and people at the drop of a hat...

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:04 PM

They'll ban you if you say "fuck". Or they have the board set up so that it won't post it.

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:05 PM
I can think of two straight off the top of my head. By the far the worst I have been on for moderating was the old CNN boards. They'd delete posts and people at the drop of a hat...

If they're better than here, what are you doing here?

jillian
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
Most of the boards I was on had little moderation. And when I was a mod on one of SONY's sites, they made us keep hands off. I actually think they were a little too hands off because they allowed the board to be destroyed. So there y'are. :)

darin
01-29-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh totally. Moderators and admins aren't owed anything. Posters should leave if they don't like the rules or the board. But generally speaking, I've seen boards with lots of traffic get run straight into the gutter by power hungry admins or mods because they felt like they could shit all over their posters. In my experience, it's a two way street.

Some owners don't WANT boards to grow... :) They want THEIR place on the net to hang pics and bs with like-minded folks.

Roomy
01-29-2007, 01:16 PM

Take your time.

Nytrams

Mr. P
01-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Most of the boards I was on had little moderation. And when I was a mod on one of SONY's sites, they made us keep hands off. I actually think they were a little too hands off because they allowed the board to be destroyed. So there y'are. :)

I think finding that fine line between too much and too little is the key to a happy healthy board. We're close to it here, I think.

Grumplestillskin
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
If they're better than here, what are you doing here?

One no longer exists. The other I still post on...

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Nytrams

Funny... ha ha. :uhoh:

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 01:36 PM
One no longer exists. The other I still post on...

Then that's not "two". It's one. :no: :laugh:

Grumplestillskin
01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Then that's not "two". It's one. :no: :laugh:

you never qualified whether they were still around or not....:p

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM

There should be specific rules that are enforced consistently. I think that can be done with about one admin, plus maybe a mod or two and a system for users to report posts they think are inappropriate.

retiredman
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
They'll ban you if you say "fuck". Or they have the board set up so that it won't post it.

that's simply not a true statement...I say fuck on both sites all the time.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Wait, so you were a moderator on another board before and that board ended up destroying itself? Well, that's encouraging. :p

jillian
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM
Wait, so you were a moderator on another board before and that board ended up destroying itself? Well, that's encouraging. :p

Yeah... well the admin wouldn't let us get rid of even the worst posters. Actually fired one of the other mods for getting into a pissing match. lol.. Eventually they shut down the site because it became a free-for-all and reflected badly on SONY and the artist.

oh yeah... and pffffffffffffffffffffffft!

darin
01-29-2007, 03:13 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

jillian
01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is there a smilie that can moon you for that? :D

darin
01-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Is there a smilie that can moon you for that? :D

Sure is!

http://www.nflcflfutures.com/NFLCFLFuturesImages/MoonOilersweb.jpg

MtnBiker
01-29-2007, 03:22 PM
or how about this

http://www.jonco48.com/blog/butt.jpg

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
you never qualified whether they were still around or not....:p

OK... I give... you're the best nit picker here... :D

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 03:34 PM
that's simply not a true statement...I say fuck on both sites all the time.

I stand corrected.

OCA
01-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Waaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaah *tears* *tissue*

This the most paper thin, veiled and piss poor attempt to bitch about mods/admin i've run across yet.

OCA
01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
I can think of two straight off the top of my head.

Be a man for once and name them.

jillian
01-29-2007, 03:47 PM
or how about this

I'm not getting any image. *sniff*

Is there a smiley that says "bite me"? :lmao:

Heh!

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not getting any image. *sniff*

Is there a smiley that says "bite me"? :lmao:

Heh!

http://www.j-k.gr/emos/2/BiteMe.gif

Here's a mooning one:
http://cpuwiz.com/smiley/moon.gif

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 04:33 PM
This the most paper thin, veiled and piss poor attempt to bitch about mods/admin i've run across yet.
http://www.iamnotageek.com/images/smilies/smiley_violin.gif

jillian
01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
http://www.j-k.gr/emos/2/BiteMe.gif

Here's a mooning one:
http://cpuwiz.com/smiley/moon.gif

Thank you. ;)

Nienna
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Well, here's my 2 cents...

All you mods and admins can go stick it... uh... somewhere. Because I am a born rebel, and i ain't down with authoriT!

:D
(you all know I'm kidding, right?)

OCA
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.iamnotageek.com/images/smilies/smiley_violin.gif

You are saying i'm whining? You must be shitting me, this is the thread of a bitch!

jackass
01-29-2007, 04:54 PM

All you mods and admins can go stick it... uh... somewhere. Because I am a born rebel, and i ain't down with authoriT!

Dont worry Nienna...you dont have to apologize. I already told Jim what you thought of him anyway!! ;)

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 04:54 PM
Be a man for once and name them.
He did.

OCA
01-29-2007, 04:57 PM
He did.

Your fucking name Grumplestillskin? If not practice silence.

Anyway they are not named in this thread, so now really practice silence.

jillian
01-29-2007, 04:59 PM
Your fucking name Grumplestillskin? If not practice silence.

Anyway they are not named in this thread, so now really practice silence.

Er... he said ON THIS THREAD that the one where they banned you and deleted posts at the drop of a hat was the old CNN discussion board.

The other one, we still post at, so it really isn't relevant. But I can tell you that in 3 years I can't remember more than a few posts being deleted. There's minimal moderation and the admin never posts other than board info. (not that anyone minds Jim posting... we're happy to have Jim here!)

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 05:01 PM
You are saying i'm whining? You must be shitting me, this is the thread of a bitch!
What??? I never said that you were whining.

Hey man, you sure are acting all defensive about a thread that's merely generalizing a group of people. You're not taking any of this personally are you?

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 05:03 PM

Now that's down right scarey... :(

The ClayTaurus
01-29-2007, 05:06 PM
This thread is wonderful. Thumbs up all around.

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:09 PM
This thread is wonderful. Thumbs up all around.

Exactly why I clipped it in the first place, bad decision to reopen it.

The ClayTaurus
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Exactly why I clipped it in the first place, bad decision to reopen it.No no.. I really like it.

...AND it keeps getting better!

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:11 PM
What??? I never said that you were whining.

Hey man, you sure are acting all defensive about a thread that's merely generalizing a group of people. You're not taking any of this personally are you?

You must think everyone here is stupid. We all knew the underlying theme of this thread from the beginning, be a man and admit it.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 05:14 PM
Exactly why I clipped it in the first place, bad decision to reopen it.
I don't know what the policy is for moderators, but posters aren't supposed to complain on the board about decisions made by the admins. You might want to PM Jim or Darin about their decision to reopen it. ;)

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Ok I read Chump's post wrong, my apologies to him and Bubba.

I jumped the gun because I jump at the chance to whip Chump's ass, its becoming a daily occurrence where I lay an ass whipping on him.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 05:17 PM
You must think everyone here is stupid. We all knew the underlying theme of this thread from the beginning, be a man and admit it.
I'm afraid I'm not following you OCA. Could you be a little more specific?

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:19 PM
I don't know what the policy is for moderators, but posters aren't supposed to complain on the board about decisions made by the admins. You might want to PM Jim or Darin about their decision to reopen it. ;)

I complain about whatever the fuck I want wherever the fuck I want.

"Waaaaah Jim, waaaah Darin", could you reopen my thread so I can piss and moan about mods/admin? LOL!

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm afraid I'm not following you OCA. Could you be a little more specific?

Don't be obtuse.

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Lol this says it all, you must think we are friggin idiots.

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Lol this says it all, you must think we are friggin idiots.

Don't be obtuse.
I'm still not following you. This thread is about a group of people and not a personal attack against any mod or admin in particular. IMO, you're acting excessively self-conscious and defensive at the moment. I've no reason why. :dunno:

Is there something bothering you? Would you like a group hug from the board? Seriously, I'd prefer we engage in a civil discussion about power tripping nazi fuckhead admins or mods rather than engage in discourse that leads to personal flaming. By all means, share your opinion.

darin
01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Come on guys - let's all lighten up!! :)

jackass
01-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Come on guys - let's all lighten up!! :)

Can you smell the testosterone?!?!?!?!? MMMMmmmmm....

My dicks bigger than yours!! Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!

OCA
01-29-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm still not following you. This thread is about a group of people and not a personal attack against any mod or admin in particular. IMO, you're acting excessively self-conscious and defensive at the moment. I've no reason why. :dunno:

Is there something bothering you? Would you like a group hug from the board? Seriously, I'd prefer we engage in a civil discussion about power tripping nazi fuckhead admins or mods rather than engage in discourse that leads to personal flaming. By all means, share your opinion.

So you expect us to believe this after your recent complaints about mods here within the past two weeks?

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
My dicks bigger than yours!! Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!!!

No it's not, saw yours by accident at McCann's. You could have saw mine too but mine was balls deep! LOL

jackass
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Hahahahahaha!!! LOL
You liked me while you were balls deep in me!!

jimnyc
01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Hahahahahaha!!! LOL
You liked me while you were balls deep in me!!

Please, stop! I need no reminders about my drunken stupors and mistakes.

Hell, at least I didn't pass out on the corner of 57th and Madison, perhaps one of the busiest areas in NYC!

jackass
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Hehehe...man those we some good times!!

Grumplestillskin
01-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Ok I read Chump's post wrong, my apologies to him and Bubba.

I jumped the gun because I jump at the chance to whip Chump's ass, its becoming a daily occurrence where I lay an ass whipping on him.

The only ass you bin whipping is that dude's at your local S&M hangout..:beer:

jillian
01-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Hehehe...man those we some good times!!

lol.. you passed out by Tourneau Corner?!?!?!?! :eek:

jackass
01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
What can I say?? Hahaha I was waiting for my ride...he took too long. It was only for a few minutes. Hahaha. Those days are long gone now!! :(

jillian
01-29-2007, 06:42 PM
What can I say?? Hahaha I was waiting for my ride...he took too long. It was only for a few minutes. Hahaha. Those days are long gone now!! :(

But... but.... but... by Tourneau Corner?!?!?! :beer:

Musta been quite a night!

Nienna
01-29-2007, 06:46 PM
Dont worry Nienna...you dont have to apologize. I already told Jim what you thought of him anyway!! ;)

JA! You were supposed to keep that between the two of us! Now all my suck-up PMs to Jim are for naught!

;)

darin
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
...i...m...naught(y)!

;)

Wow...was that Clear to everyone else??/

:wank:

jackass
01-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Wow...was that Clear to everyone else??/

:wank:

I must admit...thats all I got out of it!! :wink2:

jackass
01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
But... but.... but... by Tourneau Corner?!?!?! :beer:

Musta been quite a night!
Hehe...they usually were!! So many stories at one little place. Man oh man. :beer:

jackass
01-29-2007, 06:56 PM
JA! You were supposed to keep that between the two of us! Now all my suck-up PMs to Jim are for naught!

;)

Im sorry Nienna. He offered me something I couldnt pass up...a beer! :beer:

Nienna
01-29-2007, 06:58 PM
Im sorry Nienna. He offered me something I couldnt pass up...a beer! :beer:

lol! I got in over my head! :)

jackass
01-29-2007, 07:14 PM
lol! I got in over my head! :)

Naaahhh...youre a big girl...Im sure you can handle it! :)

jillian
01-29-2007, 07:57 PM
or how about this

Hey! It shows up for me at home! lol.. must be something at work that keeps me from seeing it.

Thanks, Biker!

Said1
01-29-2007, 07:59 PM
Grrr. Another thread that smells like ass. And balls.

jackass
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM

Your favorite!! :wink2:

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 08:11 PM
What do balls smell like exactly? :dunno: :D

dirt mcgirt
01-29-2007, 08:14 PM
So you expect us to believe this after your recent complaints about mods here within the past two weeks?
Actually I handled all of my complaints with the mods and admins via PM. And who is us? Are you speaking for a group of people or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Said1
01-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Your favorite!! :wink2:

Pfffft. You think you know me sooooo well.

Said1
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
What do balls smell like exactly? :dunno: :D

You just get badder and badder. :laugh:

OCA
01-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Actually I handled all of my complaints with the mods and admins via PM. And who is us? Are you speaking for a group of people or do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Speaking for a group. Then if you handled your complaints then there was no need for this thread. But then again I must admit that it was fun to see your attempt at stirring the shit pot go down in flames. Yes, yes, keep claiming that you weren't specifically referring to any mod here and we will all keep laughing at that.

Bubbalicious
01-29-2007, 09:14 PM

wow you gained a lot of rep points suddenly. is that all from today?

retiredman
01-29-2007, 09:15 PM
dirt has made his point, and I have made mine, but it has been repeatedly edited out by the mods who, by doing so, only further reinforce the point!

OCA
01-29-2007, 09:19 PM
dirt has made his point, and I have made mine, but it has been repeatedly edited out by the mods who, by doing so, only further reinforce the point!

I haven't edited shit. Methinks I smell a liar on board, very unbecoming of a supposed former Naval officer.

Yurt
01-29-2007, 09:29 PM

Take your time.

LOOOOL, well there is this one porn forum................:lol:

Pale Rider
01-29-2007, 11:12 PM
LOOOOL, well there is this one porn forum................:lol:

You surf the porn forums?

Mr. P
01-30-2007, 12:13 AM
Hey! It shows up for me at home! lol.. must be something at work that keeps me from seeing it.

Thanks, Biker!

Yeah, it all comes down to scales. :)

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 06:02 AM

Please point me to the posts that were edited by the mods and I will handle.

dirt mcgirt
01-30-2007, 09:56 AM
Speaking for a group. Then if you handled your complaints then there was no need for this thread. But then again I must admit that it was fun to see your attempt at stirring the shit pot go down in flames. Yes, yes, keep claiming that you weren't specifically referring to any mod here and we will all keep laughing at that.
There's no need for any thread. Do you really think a thread is going to cure cancer or feed the homeless?

I posted this thread because I thought it would be entertaining and interesting. I guess with over 8 pages of responses in one day, I was right and you were wrong. I honestly don't care what board you think I was referring to or what my intentions were. I specified with the people who need to know and they have given me the benefit of the doubt. You give yourself too much credit in thinking that your opinions are of any significance to me. And so far, I look back and see that you're the only one who's bitching and being negative about the thread. Lighten up, buddy. :beer:

darin
01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I guess with over 8 pages of responses in one day,

You REALLY should change your 'threads per page' to something more livable.... ;)

it's on page 3 now ;)

jillian
01-30-2007, 10:11 AM
You REALLY should change your 'threads per page' to something more livable.... ;)

it's on page 3 now ;)

I'm on page 8, too. :eek:

dirt mcgirt
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM

it's on page 3 now ;)
In the menu it says page 1,2,3...last page. Is that what you're looking at or is it really only 3 pages for you? I'm on page 8. :dunno:

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 10:27 AM
In the menu it says page 1,2,3...last page. Is that what you're looking at or is it really only 3 pages for you? I'm on page 8. :dunno:

I believe he's referring to the fact that you can change the way the threads appear in UserCP - how many posts per page.

dirt mcgirt
01-30-2007, 10:37 AM
I believe he's referring to the fact that you can change the way the threads appear in UserCP - how many posts per page.
Oh I see now, thanks. You and all your fancy message board options, Jim. :thumb:

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 11:02 AM

Darin edited MFM's initial post in this thread. Dirt stated in the beginning that this thread wasn't about anyone in particular, and MFM came back and brought up things from this board. Whether you agree or disagree, Darin edited out that portion.

As for the 'repeatedly' edited statement, MFM said he had neither the time nor the inclination to supply me with links to where these edits took place.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Darin edited MFM's initial post in this thread. Dirt stated in the beginning that this thread wasn't about anyone in particular, and MFM came back and brought up things from this board. Whether you agree or disagree, Darin edited out that portion.

As for the 'repeatedly' edited statement, MFM said he had neither the time nor the inclination to supply me with links to where these edits took place.

whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant....obviously

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 11:10 AM
whether I agree or disagree is irrelevant....obviously

No, what's beginning to be obvious around here is your honesty. Why make an untruthful claim, when I have clear access to all deleted an/or edited posts? You obviously tried the "repeatedly" option to make things look worse, when in fact it was once - and Darin even left a statement there as to why.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 11:25 AM
No, what's beginning to be obvious around here is your honesty. Why make an untruthful claim, when I have clear access to all deleted an/or edited posts? You obviously tried the "repeatedly" option to make things look worse, when in fact it was once - and Darin even left a statement there as to why.

are you suggesting that only one of my posts has been edited or deleted?

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 11:30 AM
are you suggesting that only one of my posts has been edited or deleted?

Yes. Posts CANNOT be deleted from the board, I would see them first. If a mod/admin edits your post, I would see it.

Is it possible I overlooked something? Possible, but you have neither the time or inclination to assist in your own complaints.

You also CLEARLY stated "dirt has made his point, and I have made mine, but it has been repeatedly edited out by the mods who, by doing so, only further reinforce the point!"

This leads me to believe it was in this thread. Care to elaborate on what you meant then?

The ClayTaurus
01-30-2007, 11:31 AM
are you suggesting that only one of my posts has been edited or deleted?I think he's suggesting you show him which posts were edited, or shut the fuck up.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I think he's suggesting you show him which posts were edited, or shut the fuck up.

thanks for the clarification.

darin
01-30-2007, 11:36 AM
I did go through the logs - So far, I can find only one of MFM's posts which have been deleted, for good reason, IMO. Nothing in this thread has been deleted or edited without a given reason.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I think he's suggesting you show him which posts were edited, or shut the fuck up.

I think it's clear they didn't exist, and DEFINITELY didn't exist in this thread, which I think we'll all agree that appeared to be what he was alluding to.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 11:44 AM
I did go through the logs - So far, I can find only one of MFM's posts which have been deleted, for good reason, IMO. Nothing in this thread has been deleted or edited without a given reason.

I showed an edited post, I am pretty sure there was more than one occasion where my posts were edited...and you admit to deleting another. It happens once, it happens once...it happens again...that is called "repeating"

The ClayTaurus
01-30-2007, 11:47 AM
thanks for the clarification.Since you have trouble with clarity: I think he (and everyone else) is heavily leaning towards option 2, for what it's worth.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 11:49 AM
I showed an edited post, I am pretty sure there was more than one occasion where my posts were edited...and you admit to deleting another. It happens once, it happens once...it happens again...that is called "repeating"

Pretty sure? How about you just link to them before making claims about the staff?

but it has been repeatedly edited out by the mods

What is IT? You obviously knew what you meant when you made the post. Do you mean to tell me that your whining was all about one edited post, that had an edited statement as to why attached?

darin
01-30-2007, 11:50 AM

You have ONE edited post in this thread. There have been NO OTHER occasions of people editing your posts - I'm still going thru the logs. I didn't admit to deleting another - I said 'one of yours was deleted'. I didn't name the mod who deleted it.

You provide your side of the argument based on Rants and Ravings without ANY shred of evidence.

I provide what I've read in the moderator logs (which log EVERY moderator action).

You can be reasonable, or paranoid. It's your choice.

jillian
01-30-2007, 11:50 AM

I can tell you that none of us is messing with your posts. So unless you have something that indicates the contrary, I think you might just be biting at something that simply isn't there.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I can tell you that none of us is messing with your posts. So unless you have something that indicates the contrary, I think you might just be biting at something that simply isn't there.

I would suggest that I was hounded off of this very board when I logged on as maineman... my ID was revoked, as was my son's when he registered as quinnipiacman.... my posts were altered, my avatar was photoshopped to have me holding an Iraqi flag instead of an american flag.... my signature line was altered. I think that jimnyc can attest to all of that.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 12:03 PM
I would suggest that I was hounded off of this very board when I logged on as maineman... my ID was revoked, as was my son's when he registered as quinnipiacman.... my posts were altered, my avatar was photoshopped to have me holding an Iraqi flag instead of an american flag.... my signature line was altered. I think that jimnyc can attest to all of that.

Via PM, MFM is now claiming his complaints registered on the board here last night were in reference to Sir Evil, who is no longer a member here.

FWIW - I disagreed with John banning Maineman, reinstated his account, and that is the primary reason he chose to leave the board.

Funny how these complaints didn't come up until this thread, when MFM said his 'points' were repeatedly edited or deleted. When confronted with contrary information, his story has now changed.

darin
01-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Funny how these complaints didn't come up until this thread, when MFM said his 'points' were repeatedly edited or deleted. When confronted with contrary information, his story has now changed.

:uhoh: :uhoh:

The ClayTaurus
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Via PM, MFM is now claiming his complaints registered on the board here last night were in reference to Sir Evil, who is no longer a member here.

FWIW - I disagreed with John banning Maineman, reinstated his account, and that is the primary reason he chose to leave the board.

Funny how these complaints didn't come up until this thread, when MFM said his 'points' were repeatedly edited or deleted. When confronted with contrary information, his story has now changed.So he's bitching about staff who's no longer staff.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 12:06 PM
MFM, I am not going to continually deal with your dishonesty. At least Dirt made legit complaints, or how he saw things, he didn't just make up complaints. You have continually stated negative things about the board. You now tell me that your experience here has been mixed. You made statements directed at staff, then backpeddled when brought to the mat on it, and now have changed your statements.

Roomy
01-30-2007, 12:11 PM
It used to happen to me repeatedly at usmb but not here as of yet, if it does I will be sure to pm Jim:) I am finished with this thread now.:wink2:

retiredman
01-30-2007, 12:25 PM

I stated that my posts had been repeatedly edited here. That is fact. My story has not changed at all. Perhaps we should just drop it...

and yes, my experiences have been mixed.... I have received may complimentary reputation notations and have enjoyed the repartee.... just not all of it.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I stated that my posts had been repeatedly edited here. That is fact. My story has not changed at all. Perhaps we should just drop it...

YOU brought up the complaints, I'm just addressing them. I want to make it clear to everyone EXACTLY what it is your complaining about - and that it's not current staff, unless you want to rely on ONE properly edited post.

darin
01-30-2007, 12:33 PM

So you're saying that comment had little to do with this thread eh?

However - the odd part is, it doesn't have anything to do with MFM's participation ANYWHERE on this board. There's NO evidence your Points have been "Repeatedly edited out by the mods".

Retract that, perhaps? Apologize for the slander?

it's takes a 'man' to admit when he's wrong.

retiredman
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM

However - the odd part is, it doesn't have anything to do with MFM's participation ANYWHERE on this board. There's NO evidence your Points have been "Repeatedly edited out by the mods".

as I said, I stand by my statement.... if the mod in question is no longer operating as such, that is good news to me, but I don't think anyone ever informed me of the current roster.... nor would I expect them to.

jimnyc
01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
as I said, I stand by my statement.... if the mod in question is no longer operating as such, that is good news to me, but I don't think anyone ever informed me of the current roster.... nor would I expect them to.

I started typing a long, witty reply and decided to just delete it. I'll make it short and sweet instead. I don't believe you. I think you made your post, had it edited, then tried to come back later in the thread and claim it happened repeatedly. You were proved wrong, and to be dishonest.

Roomy
01-30-2007, 01:00 PM

I must be more manly than most because I admit I am wrong lots of times That must be why women never admit to being wrong eh?:lmao:

darin
01-30-2007, 01:04 PM

wow...Brother - one man to another, you really may wanna look at your practice of deflecting EVERYTHING.

You'd gain more respect by grabbing your fleshy-sack and manning up to what you say.

The ClayTaurus
That must be why women never admit to being wrong eh?:lmao:Shockingly, I think you're on to something!

darin
I must be more manly than most because I admit I am wrong lots of times That must be why women never admit to being wrong eh?:lmao:

But you're gay, aren't you? :)

Roomy
01-30-2007, 01:33 PM
But you're gay, aren't you? :)

Only when you beg for it:)

jackass
01-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Only when you beg for it:)

Well there goes the testosterone!!

Yurt
01-30-2007, 09:45 PM
You surf the porn forums?