PDA

View Full Version : Did The Wife Radicalize The Husband?

Kathianne
12-04-2015, 08:44 AM
She was 'vetted.'

Investigators probe whether wife radicalized husband before San Bernardino massacre | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/investigators-probe-whether-wife-radicalized-husband-before-san-bernardino/?intcmp=hpbt1)

Investigators probe whether wife radicalized husband before San Bernardino massacre
Published December 04, 2015

Federal investigators believe there is a "very serious" possibility that Tashfeen Malik, one of two shooters who murdered 14 people and wounded 21 others in San Bernardino, Calif. Wednesday, radicalized her husband and co-assailant, county restaurant inspector Syed Farook, Fox News has learned.

Investigators also believe that the couple had planned a second attack after the shooting at a social service center for the disabled when they were killed in a shootout with local authorities approximately two miles away.

Little is known about Malik's background prior to her meeting Farook. However, a U.S. official confirmed to Fox News that the two met and became engaged after Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia in September 2013. Malik, a Pakistani citizen, applied for a K-1 visa at the American embassy in Islamabad in May 2014 and Farook traveled to Saudi Arabia that July to bring her to the U.S. The Saudi Embassy in Washington has confirmed that Farook's 2014 trip lasted nine days.

They were married on Aug. 16, 2014, in nearby Riverside County, Calif. according to their marriage license. Both listed their religion as Muslim.

Investigators believe that on at least one of those trips to Saudi Arabia, one or both members of the couple made contact with suspected Al Qaeda terrorists. The exact nature of that contact was not immediately clear.

Officials said Thursday that Malik underwent and passed a Department of Homeland Security counterterrorism screening as part of the process of getting the K-1 visa. The visa would have been effective for 90 days, after which Malik would have had to apply for green card status through the Department of Homeland Security as the wife of an American. It was not immediately clear whether she did so.

As part of the complex investigation late Thursday, authorities were trying to piece together a money trail that would have enabled the suspects to acquire over $30,000 worth of guns and explosives. Public records show that Farook made approximately $51,000 per year as an employee of the San Bernardino County Department of Public Health, making it unlikely he could have afforded such an arsenal out of his own pocket. There is no evidence that Malik had a job.

Officials were also looking for a man who bought the two AR-15 rifles the couple used in the attack. The Associated Press reported that Farook legally bought two pistols found on the couple, but an unidentified man bought the rifles. It was not immediately clear whether the man was acting on Farook's behalf when he bought the weapons or if they were stolen and then used in the attack. A law enforcement official told the Associated Press that all the guns were purchased legally in California.

Kathianne
12-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Related:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/428013/obama-administrations-much-touted-counterterrorism-screening-fails-jim-geraghty

Obama Administration’s Much-Touted Counterterrorism Screening Fails
by JIM GERAGHTY December 4, 2015 8:13 AM

From the last Morning Jolt of the week: San Bernardino Shooter Passed DHS Counterterrorism Background Check Heck of a job,

Department of Homeland Security: Federal investigators believe there is a “very serious” possibility that Tashfeen Malik, one of two shooters who murdered 14 people and wounded 21 others in San Bernardino, Calif. Wednesday, radicalized her husband and co-assailant, county restaurant inspector Syed Farook, Fox News has learned.

Investigators also believe that the couple had planned a second attack after the shooting at a social service center for the disabled when they were killed in a shootout with local authorities approximately two miles away…

Officials said Thursday that Malik underwent and passed a Department of Homeland Security counterterrorism screening as part of the process of getting the K-1 visa. The visa would have been effective for 90 days, after which Malik would have had to apply for green card status through the Department of Homeland Security as the wife of an American. It was not immediately clear whether she did so.

Hey, where else have we heard about the Department of Homeland Security counterterrorism screening lately? Oh, that’s right, when the White House was assuring us about how great DHS would be at weeding out any terrorists or criminals from the Syrian refugees: ​​U.S. security agencies screen the candidate, including:

National Counterterrorism Center/Intelligence Community

FBI Department of Homeland Security State Department The screening looks for indicators, like:

Information that the individual is a security risk Connections to known bad actors

Outstanding warrants/immigration or criminal violations

DHS conducts an enhanced review of Syrian cases, which may be referred to USCIS Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate for review.

Research that is used by the interviewing officer informs lines of question related to the applicant’s eligibility and credibility.

Oh, and when the White House was assuring us about the visa waiver program.

Every prospective VWP traveler undergoes counterterrorism screening and must receive approval through DHS’ Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).

Through ESTA, DHS evaluates whether individuals are eligible to travel to the United States under the VWP before they are allowed to board a carrier bound for the United States.

The counterterrorism screening draws on information from U.S. law enforcement and intelligence agencies. DHS uses this information to decide if the travel poses any law enforcement or security risks.

Without DHS approval through ESTA, VWP travelers cannot travel to the United States and must appear in person for a visa interview before they can be authorized to travel to the United States.

If you’re wondering where they learned to make pipe bombs…

Law enforcement sources tell CBS News senior investigative producer Pat Milton the suspects’ explosive devices owned by California shooters Syed Rizwan, and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, are nearly a carbon copy of bomb constructing instructions provided for in one of the very first issues of al Qaeda’s online magazine, INSPIRE, entitled “How To Build A Bomb In the Kitchen of Your Mom.”

At their home, they had 12 pipe bombs, tools for making more such explosives, and over 3,000 more rounds of ammunition, Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said. The bombs in their various stages were made of the ingredients provided for in terrorists’ groups INSPIRE magazine, including Christmas tree lights to serve as a fuse, radio controlled toys to be used as a triggering mechanism and smokeless gun powder, according to the source.

“Eh, well, we can’t catch them all” is not going to be good enough.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Related:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/428013/obama-administrations-much-touted-counterterrorism-screening-fails-jim-geraghty

OBAMA IS NOT TRYING TO CATCH ANY OF HIS MUSLIM BROTHERS.

HE IS AIDING IN EVERY WAY HE CAN THINK OF, AS A "MUSLIM IN HIDING" , OPERATING HIS OWN SECRET JIHADIST AGENDA AGAINST US.-Tyr

LongTermGuy
12-04-2015, 10:01 AM
OBAMA IS NOT TRYING TO CATCH ANY OF HIS MUSLIM BROTHERS.

HE IS AIDING IN EVERY WAY HE CAN THINK OF, AS A "MUSLIM IN HIDING" , OPERATING HIS OWN SECRET JIHADIST AGENDA AGAINST US.-Tyr

Even though...many of us knew of the "odd" behavior for awhile now....more and more Americans are taking notice ....something going on with this guy.

NightTrain
12-04-2015, 10:15 AM
The woman was from Pakistan, with a fully functioning (if misguided) government in place.

That means when she was "vetted" by the Feds to see if she was a hardcore muzzie wanting to kill Americans, they had the full resources of the Paki Feds answering questions.

Looks like that "vetting process" was an abysmal failure.

Now let's take a gander at Syria. Torn by civil war, awash with ISIS, AQ and every other kind of rabid muzzie you can think of, and no way to know the background of Syrians clamoring to get a free ride into the USA.

Tens of thousands of muzzies from the hottest terrorist warzone on earth and no way to check them - how many records do you think Assad's government is keeping as they fight for their lives in their civil war? None!

The level of stupidity to even consider bringing them here is appalling.

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 12:15 PM
The woman was from Pakistan, with a fully functioning (if misguided) government in place.

That means when she was "vetted" by the Feds to see if she was a hardcore muzzie wanting to kill Americans, they had the full resources of the Paki Feds answering questions.

Looks like that "vetting process" was an abysmal failure.

Now let's take a gander at Syria. Torn by civil war, awash with ISIS, AQ and every other kind of rabid muzzie you can think of, and no way to know the background of Syrians clamoring to get a free ride into the USA.

Tens of thousands of muzzies from the hottest terrorist warzone on earth and no way to check them - how many records do you think Assad's government is keeping as they fight for their lives in their civil war? None!

The level of stupidity to even consider bringing them here is appalling.

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/53cca9a7e4b003bdba5239af/t/53e10b7ee4b0a0ce7f5204cc/1407257495747/

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 12:47 PM
There is this:

Randy DeSoto December 4, 2015 at 10:15am

Tashfeen Malik, the female San Bernadino shooter, pledged allegiance to ISIS in a Facebook post, according to government officials.The Associated Press reported that the pledge was posted on Facebook under another name and then deleted. According to the AP:
Malik’s alias on Facebook and specifics about her postings were not publicly disclosed by the law enforcement official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not allowed to discuss an ongoing investigation.
Another U.S. official said Malik expressed “admiration” for the extremist group’s leader [Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi] on Facebook under the alias account and said there was no sign that anyone affiliated with the Islamic State group communicated back to her and no signs of any operational instructions being conveyed to her. This official also spoke on condition of anonymity because this person was not authorized to discuss case details by name.

Officials did not reveal how they determined the post came from Malik, but perhaps they were able to use an IP address.

westernjournalism.com

Gunny
12-04-2015, 12:54 PM
I find the entire premise of this argument which is complete speculation on the part of the media contradictory to Sharia Law. They need to spend less time contradicting themselves from one week to the next.

Trigg
12-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Does it really matter, at this point, who radicalized who??

These people, under the guise of religion, massacred people.

It doesn't even matter that he was arguing with a Jewish co-worker. A rational person doesn't have pipe bombs in his home. A rational wife doesn't follow her husband to a party and blow the hell out of innocent people.

Unless, they belong to the religion of peace that is.

Gunny
12-05-2015, 06:28 AM
Does it really matter, at this point, who radicalized who??

These people, under the guise of religion, massacred people.

It doesn't even matter that he was arguing with a Jewish co-worker. A rational person doesn't have pipe bombs in his home. A rational wife doesn't follow her husband to a party and blow the hell out of innocent people.

Unless, they belong to the religion of peace that is.

I don't get why we have to blame a religion or anything else. I blame the people. I blame people that are so damned sorry their answer to everything is killing someone else. If the ending wasn't so tragic these clowns would be a joke. "I'm going to attack San Bernardino" There's a statement. Why don't you attack one of the two Marine Bases withing 100 mikes if you if you want to hit a strategic? MCAGCC 29 Palms WILL accomodate your ass, I guarantee you. Then you got Edwards AFB and China Lake.

But let's attack "Nowhereville".

Abbey Marie
12-05-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't get why we have to blame a religion or anything else. I blame the people. I blame people that are so damned sorry their answer to everything is killing someone else. If the ending wasn't so tragic these clowns would be a joke. "I'm going to attack San Bernardino" There's a statement. Why don't you attack one of the two Marine Bases withing 100 mikes if you if you want to hit a strategic? MCAGCC 29 Palms WILL accomodate your ass, I guarantee you. Then you got Edwards AFB and China Lake.

But let's attack "Nowhereville".

We blame the religion because they claim the religion- when they attack. They generally shout "Allahu Akbar" while murdering innocents, not, "For my own personal glory".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-05-2015, 02:11 PM
We blame the religion because they claim the religion- when they attack. They generally shout "Allahu Akbar" while murdering innocents, not, "For my own personal glory".

The religion commands its followers to murder OR ENSLAVE ALL- ALL non-believers!
I am amazed at how many do not know, do not care or do not admit that grievous and dangerous truth about the muslims!
They are truly a death cult-- everybody else's death and yes even their own to gain that end..
PC AND DEM/LIB INSANITY IS DESTROYING THIS NATION AND GETTING THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF AMERICANS KILLED.
We know this truth but millions do not and believe the damn government in its damn traitorous muslim appeasing propaganda!-TYR

DLT
12-06-2015, 10:08 AM
She was 'vetted.'

Investigators probe whether wife radicalized husband before San Bernardino massacre | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/12/04/investigators-probe-whether-wife-radicalized-husband-before-san-bernardino/?intcmp=hpbt1)

No "radicalization" necessary. If they are ""devout"" Muslims...

they are already radicals. That's the fact and obvious reality that the idiot left and their media refuse to acknowledge.

Black Diamond
12-06-2015, 10:09 AM
No "radicalization" necessary. If they are ""devout"" Muslims...

they are already radicals. That's the fact and obvious reality that the idiot left and their media refuse to acknowledge.

Would you agree there are degrees of radical?

Black Diamond
12-06-2015, 10:10 AM
She was 'vetted.'

Vetted. That's what I am afraid of. Obama says these refugees will be vetted. ISIS has already vetted a portion of them.

DLT
12-06-2015, 10:18 AM
Would you agree there are degrees of radical?

About as much as there are degrees of being pregnant. :laugh:

DLT
12-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Vetted. That's what I am afraid of. Obama says these refugees will be vetted. ISIS has already vetted a portion of them.

Vetted by whom, in what way and for what purpose? Vetted by our/Americas' 'enemy within'? Swell.

Gunny
12-06-2015, 10:37 AM

I'm still not convinced this isn't workplace violence ... just jihadi style. The media is so busy trying to make this about ISIS it's absurd. Who radicalized who isn't an issue with me. She appears to be a real piece of work. Surprised I didn't date her. :laugh:

I just don't see any point here other than disgruntled employee. San Bernardino is nowhere. No one cares about the place unless you need gas before you get to LA. There is nothing strategically significant about it and nothing symbolically significant about it. It's kind of clear they were not acting on behalf of ISIS. They were caught surprised like everyone else and backpedaled into "approving" of it.

The only thing out of the ordinary to me is the amount of weaponry and ammo. But I know a bunch of rednecks that have more.

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 12:27 PM
I'm still not convinced this isn't workplace violence ... just jihadi style. The media is so busy trying to make this about ISIS it's absurd. Who radicalized who isn't an issue with me. She appears to be a real piece of work. Surprised I didn't date her. :laugh:

I just don't see any point here other than disgruntled employee. San Bernardino is nowhere. No one cares about the place unless you need gas before you get to LA. There is nothing strategically significant about it and nothing symbolically significant about it. It's kind of clear they were not acting on behalf of ISIS. They were caught surprised like everyone else and backpedaled into "approving" of it.

The only thing out of the ordinary to me is the amount of weaponry and ammo. But I know a bunch of rednecks that have more.

Some argue that hitting everyday-life targets like these, makes us all much more afraid to go about our lives than the larger, symbolic targets.

Gunny
12-06-2015, 12:33 PM
Some argue that hitting everyday-life targets like these, makes us all much more afraid to go about our lives than the larger, symbolic targets.

It does. At the same time .. Jarhead here ... I see no purpose to striking a target that has no strategic or tactical value. I can create just as much terror while doing REAL damage at the same time.

We've actually been lucky. There was no strategic value to 9/11. All they did was attack symbols of American power. I'd have hit a nuclear reactor and a couple of military bases. You can kill those symbols but you aren't taking care of what's coming after your a$$ next.

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 12:35 PM
It does. At the same time .. Jarhead here ... I see no purpose to striking a target that has no strategic or tactical value. I can create just as much terror while doing REAL damage at the same time.

We've actually been lucky. There was no strategic value to 9/11. All they did was attack symbols of American power. I'd have hit a nuclear reactor and a couple of military bases. You can kill those symbols but you aren't taking care of what's coming after your a$$ next.

I hear you. Russ will tell you he is much more concerned about them harming the water supply, than about things blowing up.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2015, 02:13 PM

Hitting soft targets is a strategy. If they only attacked hard targets we regular everyday citizens would think ourselves immune ,thus not live in the fear of them that they so damn dearly want!
Hitting everyday Joe, is far better propaganda tool that hitting a military base( while also risking abject failure).
Our problem is our globalist inspired and controlled government allies with them!!!
I can not emphasis TOO MUCH, how important and just how dangerous that alliance is to we non-muslims!!!
I have valid reasons to suspect/predict that it may in our future lead to the death of millions of our citizens at the hands of this nation's enemies! Just that simple.. Just that serious IMHO..-Tyr

Kathianne
12-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Seems there are more than a few indications the husband became radicalized before the marriage. Also indications that 'the family' is larger than originally supposed:

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/san-bernardino-shooters-planned-attack-least-year-advance-n476521

...Counterterrorism officials also told NBC News that Farook and Malik were making preparations for some time to "take care of both grandma and the baby." The couple lived in a Redlands, California residence with their 6-month-old daughter and Farook's 62-year-old mother, Rafia Farook. They left their daughter with Rafia Farook on the morning of the attack.

Investigators are examining a $28,500 deposit made to Farook's bank account in the weeks before the Dec. 2 rampage.

A U.S. counterterrorism official said that he didn't have details on the transfer, but that it "would be consistent with them making preparations for grandma and the kid."

And a senior law enforcement official told NBC News Tuesday that FBI investigators have been told that Farook discussed staging an attack in California as early as 2012.

The official said investigators don't yet know what to make of the claim, although they say it may bolster their growing suspicion that Farook was radicalized long before he returned from Saudi Arabia last year with his wife. (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/san-bernardino-shooter-used-fiancee-visa-enter-u-s-sources-n473791)

The latest revelations come after NBC News reported Monday that federal investigators are interviewing a neighbor (http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/san-bernardino-shooting/fbi-talking-enrique-marquez-who-bought-guns-used-san-bernardino-n475696) of Farook and Malik who bought two of the four guns that were used in the massacre.

That man, Enrique Marquez — who NBC News has learned is an in-law of Farook — had converted to Islam about three or four years ago, according to the son of the imam at the Islamic Center of Riverside.

Marquez, along with Farook and Malik, attended the mosque, officials have said. In 2014, records show, Marquez married a woman named Mariya Chernykh — the sister of Tatiana Farook, who is married to Syed Rizwan Farook's brother, Syed Raheel Farook.

Marquez is the guy that checked himself into the mental health facility; he's said to be cooperating with authorities.

Kathianne
12-09-2015, 09:03 AM
Hmmm, prior warning?

http://www.weeklystandard.com/a-missed-warning/article/2000125

Kathianne
12-09-2015, 10:36 AM
Hmmm,

http://abcnews.go.com/US/clues-san-bernardino-terror-attack-man-bought-assault/story?id=35645231

...In another move by law enforcement, Farook’s mother has been added to a U.S. terrorist (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/world/terrorism.htm) watch list, authorities told ABC News, just like his father was two days ago. A former senior counter-terrorism official previously said that family members of identified terrorists are often added to the Terrorist Identifier Datamart Environment (TIDE) as a precaution during the course of an investigation...

fj1200
12-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Seems there are more than a few indications the husband became radicalized before the marriage.

San Bernardino Shooters Radicalized Before They Started Dating, FBI Says
The couple who launched the terror attack in San Bernardino were both radicalized before they met online, the director of the FBI revealed today.
http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/federal-bureau-of-investigation.htm

Gunny
12-09-2015, 12:43 PM
I hear you. Russ will tell you he is much more concerned about them harming the water supply, than about things blowing up.

Russ is smart. Guess what I would attack first? Means of survival. Water, food, communications .... You bet. I've considered these terrorists idiots. You get into an aquifer and you can kill several million people. 9/11 would look like a cake walk. They're too busy attacking symbols to actually do anything strategically and tactically sound.

Kathianne
12-09-2015, 10:50 PM
It's looking like the 'dating site' they used was a hook up for radicalized:

http://nypost.com/2015/12/09/california-terrorist-couple-were-radicalized-before-they-met-fbi-director-says/

FBI investigates if terror group arranged California killers’ marriage (http://nypost.com/2015/12/09/california-terrorist-couple-were-radicalized-before-they-met-fbi-director-says/)

By Marisa Schultz (http://nypost.com/author/marisa-schultz/) and Yaron Steinbuch (http://nypost.com/author/yaron-steinbuch/)

December 9, 2015

The FBI is investigating whether the online courtship of the future San Bernardino mass murderers (http://nypost.com/tag/san-bernardino-massacre/) was a match made in hell by a terror group — to set in motion the radicalized duo’s evil plan, director James Comey said on Wednesday.Comey told a Senate Judiciary Committee that investigators do not yet know if a group like ISIS hatched the love-and-hate match between jihadistsSyed Rizwan Farook (http://nypost.com/tag/syed-farook/) and Tashfeen Malik. (http://nypost.com/tag/tashfeen-malik/)

In response to a question by Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) about whether their marriage was “arranged by a terrorist organization, Comey said: “I don’t know the answer to that yet.”

“Do you agree with me that if it was arranged by a terrorist operative of an organization that is a game-changer?” Graham said.

“It would be a very, very important thing to know,” Comey responded about the possibility that a terror group arranged a marriage and infiltrated the US using the K-1 fiancee visa system.

“That’s why we’re working so hard to understand it,” he said.

The top G-man also said that Farook, 28, and Malik, 29, were radicalized at least two years ago and planned their evil martyrdom scheme long before they were engaged and before she applied for her visa.

Perianne
12-09-2015, 10:59 PM

http://nypost.com/2015/12/09/california-terrorist-couple-were-radicalized-before-they-met-fbi-director-says/

It might be the same one that advertises on here!

Abbey Marie
12-10-2015, 01:37 AM

Want to meet Ji-hot women?
Friendly rad chicks want to meet you!
Tired of the same old civilized women? Our fiery babes are guaranteed to light your fuse.

:rolleyes:

NightTrain
12-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Want to meet Ji-hot women?
Friendly rad chicks want to meet you!
Tired of the same old civilized women? Our fiery babes are guaranteed to light your fuse.

:rolleyes:

I've changed my mind about burkas.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8070&stc=1

After seeing this picture, I now firmly believe that muzzie women need to wear full face coverings whenever they are out in public.

Kathianne
12-11-2015, 09:13 PM
Seems Marquez may have been paid to marry the sister of shooter's sister-in-law

http://abc7chicago.com/news/friend-says-enrique-marquez-former-neighbor-of-syed-farook-was-paid-to-marry-woman/1119630/

Updated 1 hr 45 mins agoRIVERSIDE, Calif. --
A friend of Enrique Marquez said the former neighbor of San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook was paid to marry a Russian woman, ABC News reports.

Nick Rodriguez said Marquez told him he received $5,000 to $10,000 for marrying the woman who is the sister of Farook's brother's wife.

Rodriguez claimed Marquez walked through Morgan's Tavern in Riverside saying, "Hey I got married today."

When Rodriguez asked Marquez about the marriage, he said Marquez stated he didn't even live with the woman.

Marquez, 24, purchased high-powered rifles at least three years ago that San Bernardino terror shooters Farook and Tashfeen Malik used in the Dec. 2 attack.

Perianne
12-11-2015, 11:20 PM
Seems Marquez may have been paid to marry the sister of shooter's sister-in-law

http://abc7chicago.com/news/friend-says-enrique-marquez-former-neighbor-of-syed-farook-was-paid-to-marry-woman/1119630/

Mexicans, Muslims. They are all invaders.