PDA

View Full Version : Why the Marines?

Gunny
12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Just saw this commercial? Who wants to play for the JV? The Marine Corps and IDF were my two choices and I don't speak Hebrew.

Elessar
12-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Some of my high school friends thought I had gone into the Corps to be
a sniper!

Naaahh....been a lifeguard since I was 14. The Coast Guard was a logical choice!

Gunny
12-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Some of my high school friends thought I had gone into the Corps to be
a sniper!

Naaahh....been a lifeguard since I was 14. The Coast Guard was a logical choice!

I'm actually qualified to be a lifeguard. I'm WSQ. Odd no one bothered to mention Marines deployed on boats. F-ng recruiters. :laugh:

Elessar
12-04-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm actually qualified to be a lifeguard. I'm WSQ. Odd no one bothered to mention Marines deployed on boats. F-ng recruiters. :laugh:

I am WSI and BSA Aquatics Director trained.

When I went through MEPS, I aced the physical part but could not do the swim because U of Pittsburgh's pool was
being refurbished. So the recruiter called my WSIT from college to verify I was a good swimmer! Steve said "Hell
Yes! He should have swam for me instead of football and track". Steve is now in the National Swimming Hall of Fame.

Perianne
12-04-2015, 10:50 PM
I wouldn't join the Marines because of their potty mouths.

LongTermGuy
12-04-2015, 11:09 PM

Perianne.....Dammit !!...Your making me smile again!!:thumb:

PixieStix
12-05-2015, 12:13 AM

I wouldn't join the Marines because I am not bad enough :thumb:

Gunny
12-05-2015, 12:34 AM
I would'nt join the Marines because I am not bad enough :thumb:

Yeah. So you say.

CSM
12-05-2015, 09:31 AM
I didn't join the Marines because it was/is too dangerous ... oh wait.... well, I didn't joint the Marines because they are all crazy .... oh wait .... I didn't join the Marines because they don't pay enough ... errr, no that isn't why .... I didn't joint the Marines because I didn't want to spend my career on a Navy ship .... yeah, that's it!

Bilgerat
12-05-2015, 10:32 AM

http://www.azquotes.com/image-quotes/Quotation-Eleanor-Roosevelt-The-Marines-I-have-seen-around-the-world-have-the-37-36-99.jpg

Gunny
12-05-2015, 11:19 AM
I didn't join the Marines because it was/is too dangerous ... oh wait.... well, I didn't joint the Marines because they are all crazy .... oh wait .... I didn't join the Marines because they don't pay enough ... errr, no that isn't why .... I didn't joint the Marines because I didn't want to spend my career on a Navy ship .... yeah, that's it!

I keep telling everyone you're the wisest enlisted guy on the board. :)

And truth be told it was "See the recruiter in back of the courtroom or go with the bailiff.:laugh2:

Bilgerat
12-05-2015, 11:35 AM
And truth be told it was "See the recruiter in back of the courtroom or go with the bailiff.:laugh2:

Ah, the "good old days" :laugh:

Gunny
12-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Ah, the "good old days" :laugh:

It was hilarious in hindsight. The Air Force recruiter said "Sorry you got too much attitude and no respect for authority'? I looked at the Navy guy and said f- THAT. WHo wants to be on a boat for most of their lives. Someone failed to send me the memo that Marines ride around on those same boats.

Then there was Gunnery Sergeant Skipper. If he wasn't drunk he was asleep. "Come on and set your ass right down here, son. I think we can solve your problem." :laugh: