PDA

View Full Version : Viet Nam

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 06:15 PM
I really like videos like this one. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam (Army).
Love these guys forever.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE9TNG8IQNI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gunny
12-04-2015, 06:19 PM
I really like videos like this one. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam (Army).
Love these guys forever.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iE9TNG8IQNI" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

My father served in Nam. What a disservice the left did to the people that serve this nation. My father came back twice, shot. And I hate gooks almost as much as ragheads.

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 06:20 PM
My father served in Nam. What a disservice the left did to the people that serve this nation. My father came back twice, shot. And I hate gooks almost as much as ragheads.

It was absolutely shameful.

Jeff
12-04-2015, 06:25 PM

Again, who was the scum attacking our troops ( well not attacking cause they would of toted a serious ass whoopin, but who where the big mouths ) the liberal left, the hippies, that are now the grown up liberals.

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 06:27 PM
Again, who was the scum attacking our troops ( well not attacking cause they would of toted a serious ass whoopin, but who where the big mouths ) the liberal left, the hippies, that are now the grown up liberals.

Lol, I was once a liberal, Dem, feminist, Dead Head.

Then I grew up. :laugh2:

Gunny
12-04-2015, 06:32 PM

I'm not allowed to watch war movies from the Vietnam war on. I get too wired up and nobody wants to be around me.

Jeff
12-04-2015, 06:32 PM

Hell I was a dead head as well, but I always knew we had enemies, I never tried to sugar coat it, in fact when I was well partying back in the day we thought of nice things to do to the enemies. :laugh: And I never ever had anything but the up most respect for our troops, they went and did a job that many sitting back in the states where afraid to do.

Elessar
12-04-2015, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;783500]I really like videos like this one. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam (Army).
Love these guys forever.

[QUOTE]

My Dad was a civilian contracted Fire Chief there for 3 years at airbases in
the Soc Trang region.

He got peppered with flaming phosphorous leading a hose team into
a flaming ammo bunker. He eventually developed cancer from it
which killed him.

Gunny
12-04-2015, 06:55 PM
[QUOTE=Abbey;783500]I really like videos like this one. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam (Army).
Love these guys forever.

[QUOTE]

My Dad was a civilian contracted Fire Chief there for 3 years at airbases in
the Soc Trang region.

He got peppered with flaming phosphorous leading a hose team into
a flaming ammo bunker. He eventually developed cancer from it
which killed him.

Our country treated Nam vets like shit. Used to go to the VA wit my grandmother. Disgusting,

Elessar
12-04-2015, 07:06 PM
[QUOTE=Elessar;783512][QUOTE=Abbey;783500]I really like videos like this one. My oldest brother served in Viet Nam (Army).
Love these guys forever.

Our country treated Nam vets like shit. Used to go to the VA wit my grandmother. Disgusting,

You are absolutely correct. We can thank John Kerry and Jane Fonda for a lot of that.

I was old enough to enter then. I missed the draft by 3 numbers.

I told my Dad about it and he said "no son of mine is coming to this
hell-hole. If they try to take you, head north to where they speak French. I'll pay your way."
He was a Bronze Star and Purple Heart awardee in WWII.

Black Diamond
12-04-2015, 08:03 PM

Sugar magnolia....

Abbey Marie
12-04-2015, 08:19 PM
Sugar magnolia....

:2up:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-04-2015, 09:41 PM
I was Southern hippie my friend from 1971 until around 1977. We beat the living hell out of ANYBODY that disrespected our military guys. I DID SO MYSELF AT LEAST 4 OR 5 TIMES AND SLAPPED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF A FEW OTHERS!
Payne boy from my hometown came back in a box, Red Vanhoozer came back minus an entire leg.
He died back in 2009 I believe. Swan came back shot up but healed up ok.
I was a mean SOB BACK THEN.... AND ENJOYED STOMPING DUMBASSES. :laugh:
OK, STILL DO.... --TYR

namvet
12-06-2015, 10:51 AM
we figured after 68 we were gonna lose this one. they didn't give a shit for us and we felt the same about them. we just wanted to go home. the 58,000 who died burned my ass more than anything. what a waste.

Gunny
12-06-2015, 11:00 AM
I was Southern hippie my friend from 1971 until around 1977. We beat the living hell out of ANYBODY that disrespected our military guys. I DID SO MYSELF AT LEAST 4 OR 5 TIMES AND SLAPPED THE LIVING HELL OUT OF A FEW OTHERS!
Payne boy from my hometown came back in a box, Red Vanhoozer came back minus an entire leg.
OK, STILL DO.... --TYR

Join the club. People don't get the difference between a goofball CA hippy and a Southern hippy. We were Lynyrd Skynrd types. I hated to hang around with you. We'd be in prison probably STILL. And I'd blame YOU.:slap:

Gunny
12-06-2015, 11:28 AM
we figured after 68 we were gonna lose this one. they didn't give a shit for us and we felt the same about them. we just wanted to go home. the 58,000 who died burned my ass more than anything. what a waste.

That was a weird "war". I was basically born and bred my entire childhood in a military family and none of us dependent kids ever thought we were going to do anything but go to Nam. It was just ingrained in us. When they called it off in 72 we were like "WTF are we supposed to do now?" We weren't trained to do anything else but drag a lawn mower through housing and/or bag groceries at the commissary.

I got lucky. My grandfather was an electrician. So I had a trade to come back to after I retired. But none of us were prepared to deal with civilian life. No offense, but y'all are weird as Hell.

You create these machines, send us off to do your fighting, then wonder why we come home broken in one way or another, then stick us in some ramshackle place you call the VA so we can slowly die from inadequate medical care. The Nam vets had it worse than even we do today. They got treated like human garbage. Well, we're done with you and you no longer serve a purpose. Here's your flea-ridden bed. Try to die quietly, huh? Wouldn't want to disturb the visitors. :rolleyes:

And for Namvet ... kudos to you. We lost that war the day Walter Cronkite said we couldn't win it.

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Join the club. People don't get the difference between a goofball CA hippy and a Southern hippy. We were Lynyrd Skynrd types. I hated to hang around with you. We'd be in prison probably STILL. And I'd blame YOU.:slap:

Not from the south, but I was definitely the Skynyrd/Allman Bros type. :2up:

Gunny
12-06-2015, 12:44 PM
Not from the south, but I was definitely the Skynyrd/Allman Bros type. :2up:

We could maybe adopt you if you like Skynyrd and the Allmans. Duane Allman was badass. One of my favorites. Dude could play guitar and could play the Southern rock blues. Whipping Post is one of my favorite songs.

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 12:49 PM
We could maybe adopt you if you like Skynyrd and the Allmans. Duane Allman was badass. One of my favorites. Dude could play guitar and could play the Southern rock blues. Whipping Post is one of my favorite songs.

Gone WAY too soon.

No modern music compares to Southern Rock, IMO.

Big Melissa fan here.

namvet
12-06-2015, 12:50 PM
That was a weird "war". I was basically born and bred my entire childhood in a military family and none of us dependent kids ever thought we were going to do anything but go to Nam. It was just ingrained in us. When they called it off in 72 we were like "WTF are we supposed to do now?" We weren't trained to do anything else but drag a lawn mower through housing and/or bag groceries at the commissary.

I got lucky. My grandfather was an electrician. So I had a trade to come back to after I retired. But none of us were prepared to deal with civilian life. No offense, but y'all are weird as Hell.

You create these machines, send us off to do your fighting, then wonder why we come home broken in one way or another, then stick us in some ramshackle place you call the VA so we can slowly die from inadequate medical care. The Nam vets had it worse than even we do today. They got treated like human garbage. Well, we're done with you and you no longer serve a purpose. Here's your flea-ridden bed. Try to die quietly, huh? Wouldn't want to disturb the visitors. :rolleyes:

And for Namvet ... kudos to you. We lost that war the day Walter Cronkite said we couldn't win it.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vxomj6.jpg

I get some of my meds from the VA. when I go down there i see guys wearing these hats. broken bodies and still resentful. its hard for me to swallow it. politicians were supposed to use this war as a reminder of future wars and the god awful cost of it. and we keep paying the price.

Elessar
12-06-2015, 02:31 PM
OK, STILL DO.... --TYR

Four of the teammates on the football team in college were Nam vets.

One was a kicker and center who had fingers and toes blown off.

Another was a really tough linebacker whose vision was fouled from head injury.
He could only play the middle because of it.

A defensive tackle, 6'6 and 270, had a steel plate in his skull.

Split end had mental problems, and was arrested for firing off a .45 near
the girls dorm.

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 08:36 PM

I'd love to be an adopted Southerner (though we are probably going to end up even further north in NH).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2015, 09:10 PM
I'd love to be an adopted Southerner (though we are probably going to end up even further north in NH).
You would have to learn to drink sweet ice tea, eat beans, tatters and cornbread, shoot guns, ride horses,
wear sexy tight bluejeans and say--"sho' nuff-honey-child, y'all come on back now". ;)
And call Russ --"big bossman" and actually mean it. .. I bet he'd like that one! :laugh:-Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2015, 09:12 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2vxomj6.jpg

I get some of my meds from the VA. when I go down there i see guys wearing these hats. broken bodies and still resentful. its hard for me to swallow it. politicians were supposed to use this war as a reminder of future wars and the god awful cost of it. and we keep paying the price.

You guys got shafted worse than anybody IMHO.
And that by the government and the citizens both..
I respect and love our vets but Vietnam vets have a very special place in my heart.
I've never stopped being pissed at how badly they were treated! -Tyr

aboutime
12-06-2015, 09:25 PM
namvet. I know you probably haven't heard this recently, but as a fellow VET..."WELCOME HOME!"

CSM
12-08-2015, 07:30 AM

Where in NH? That's where I live.

CSM
12-08-2015, 07:31 AM
I'm not allowed to watch war movies from the Vietnam war on. I get too wired up and nobody wants to be around me.

Me either....

Gunny
12-08-2015, 09:21 AM
Me either....

Who wants to be around a Sergeant Major anyway? Y'all are assholes and made my life Hell. Field day your damned hooch and what do I get? "You missed a spot." On the DIRT floor. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 10:49 AM
Where in NH? That's where I live.

We have family in Portsmouth, Derry, and Merrimack. We are pretty open, but with 3 solid requirements: My husband can commute to work (place to be determined), the house is from the Colonial era, and we have some decent privacy/distance from neighbors.

Any suggestions are welcome! What area are you in?

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Me either....

Nonetheless, I'd be honored to watch one with both of you. :salute:

Gunny
12-08-2015, 10:51 AM
We have family in Portsmouth, Derry, and Merrimack. We are pretty open, but with 3 solid requirements: My husband can commute to work (place to be determined), the house is from the Colonial era, and we have some decent privacy/distance from neighbors.

Oh, so you "allow" Russ to commute to work? Mighty kind of you to "let him" bring home money you hit JC Penney's with. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 10:54 AM
Oh, so you "allow" Russ to commute to work? Mighty kind of you to "let him" bring home money you hit JC Penney's with. :laugh:

Lol! I encourage him to be "the man".

Gunny
12-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Lol! I encourage him to be "the man".

I ain't saying crap. I ALREADY know THIS story ... if a tree falls in the forest and I'm the guy, am I STILL wrong?" :laugh:

gabosaurus
12-08-2015, 11:49 AM
It was sad that many Americans blamed the bungling failure of the Viet Nam war on the foot soldiers and not the inept Pentagon hierarchy.

Gunny
12-08-2015, 11:53 AM
It was sad that many Americans blamed the bungling failure of the Viet Nam war on the foot soldiers and not the inept Pentagon hierarchy.

It's sad that the left doesn't blame the left for any failure in Nam. We had their asses kicked after Tet 68 and along comes your boy, Walter. And a bunch of stupid pussy-ass college students that thought they were entitled to something rather than having to earn it.

jimnyc
12-08-2015, 12:11 PM
And a bunch of stupid pussy-ass college students that thought they were entitled to something rather than having to earn it.

The epidemic started back then? And it lives on strongly from the left today.

Perianne
12-08-2015, 01:07 PM

It would be the left that denigrated the soldiers. Good people support the troops.

Gunny
12-08-2015, 01:36 PM
The epidemic started back then? And it lives on strongly from the left today.

You damned young 'uns. Kent State ring a bell? We didn't lose the Vietnam war because we weren't kicking ass. We "lost" because of the lefty whiners HERE. Tet 68 was described as some victory for the NVA when in truth, we eradicated the VC from the map and the NVA couldn't get back together for 3 years. In short, we kicked their asses off the planet.

Enter the MSM and the left. So much for that ass-whooping we laid down. And there is almost ZERO difference between that war and ISIS. Idiots who don't want to learn from history, admit who the enemy is and go after them. The pansy lefties just wanted to whine and cry about being drafted and EARNING what they thought birth entitled them to. No difference to this day. "I'm special. Hand me something".

I'll hand you something alright. Let me get the pin out of this grenade.

aboutime
12-08-2015, 06:07 PM
NOTICE: WE (the U.S. Military) DID NOT LOSE THE VIETNAM WAR, contrary to all the BS.

Truth is. WE (Our U.S.Military/58,000 Plus who died) WON the WAR and our Politicians LOST!

THEY PLANNED IT TO BE A LOSS.:lame2:

namvet
12-08-2015, 06:34 PM
many, even today accused us of turning tail and running away. we didn't run. we were ordered out. you run you may be shot

Gunny
12-08-2015, 08:11 PM
many, even today accused us of turning tail and running away. we didn't run. we were ordered out. you run you may be shot

Nobody ran from shit. And I sa "we" because We are a band of brothers. None of these lame-ass leftwing pussies have seen what WE have. They can kiss my ass. They cost the US the Vietnam War the same as they cost us Iraq to ISIS.

namvet
12-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Nobody ran from shit. And I sa "we" because We are a band of brothers. None of these lame-ass leftwing pussies have seen what WE have. They can kiss my ass. They cost the US the Vietnam War the same as they cost us Iraq to ISIS.

when Johnson sent over the bombing halt order took us all by surprise. we knew what was gonna happen. they re arm re supply and open a whole new offensive. a whole new war. and they did. had some trouble getting that knife out of our backs. this was right after Tet. that's when we knew it was lost

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 09:37 PM
when Johnson sent over the bombing halt order took us all by surprise. we knew what was gonna happen. they re arm re supply and open a whole new offensive. a whole new war. and they did. had some trouble getting that knife out of our backs. this was right after Tet. that's when we knew it was lost

Thanks for the first-hand perspective.

CSM
12-09-2015, 07:44 AM
Who wants to be around a Sergeant Major anyway? Y'all are assholes and made my life Hell. Field day your damned hooch and what do I get? "You missed a spot." On the DIRT floor. :laugh:

If you missed a spot, you missed a spot...get it together!

CSM
12-09-2015, 07:47 AM

I live in Nashua. 15 minutes from Derry and Merrimack and about 45 minutes from Portsmouth.... Can't offer much in the way of suggestions, though except to say that the southern tier of NH (Manchester and south) is getting overrun with Mass refugees who want to make it just like Mass.....

Gunny
12-09-2015, 10:53 AM
If you missed a spot, you missed a spot...get it together!

Was a slick sleeve fresh out of Infantry training School and checked in to my command in 29 Palms. You know as well as I do who the "next" maintenance duty victim is. Then SgtMaj Don Rickles proceeds to chew ass all day. And gets mad at me for laughing while he's chewing some dumbass's ass. And, if you picky-ass Sergeant Majors wouldn't spend half the morning saying " No, just leave that alone" I might've know what to clean. :laugh: I've been able to field day a room since I was six. Kind of how that works when Dad's a retired CMsgt. You could bounce a quarter off my rack by the time I was 8.

I think it's funny now, but I sure as Hell didn't then.