nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Story Highlights

NEW: Gunmen storm home in Samarra; deputy mayor fatally shot
U.S. aircraft dropped 22 bombs on bridge, river crossings in Sherween
Sherween residents fought alongside Iraqi forces during raid, military says
Other raids across Iraq leave two suspected terrorists dead, 22 others arrested

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/07/11/iraq.main/index.html

This is the kind of story the Media should be focusing on, what were accomplishing.

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 05:56 PM
The important part is that the locals are helping. That's the goal of the surge. To move in and take over and turn it over to the locals and iraqi's. We get the iranians and al queda out of those areas, then the iraqi's can fight among themselves all they want.

Kathianne
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
The important part is that the locals are helping. That's the goal of the surge. To move in and take over and turn it over to the locals and iraqi's. We get the iranians and al queda out of those areas, then the iraqi's can fight among themselves all they want.

Gaffer, exactly right. That is what has been happening and the media is driving me to distraction. Yet, not as much as the bone-headed gop senators now flying all over the place.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 06:03 PM
Gaffer, exactly right. That is what has been happening and the media is driving me to distraction. Yet, not as much as the bone-headed gop senators now flying all over the place.

They announced about three weeks ago that different groups were teaming up with us to combat AQ and the other resistances. This is major progress and exactly what we need. :salute:

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 06:10 PM
They announced about three weeks ago that different groups were teaming up with us to combat AQ and the other resistances. This is major progress and exactly what we need. :salute:

It's been going on for months, the media just wouldn't report it. They are dealing with the locals in various areas and then going in and clearing out the al queda elements with the help of the locals. There are shake ups going on in the government too. The next few months are going to show a lot.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
It's been going on for months, the media just wouldn't report it. They are dealing with the locals in various areas and then going in and clearing out the al queda elements with the help of the locals. There are shake ups going on in the government too. The next few months are going to show a lot.

Well there is two wars going on though. The Americans against AQ and The Media against President Bush and our Troops. I think is disgraceful that our troops are over there have to worry about the media knifeing them in the back when they have enough already that they have to worry about. The are over there and they expect the worst but what they don't expect is to take it in the back from people in their own country. :salute:

Gaffer
07-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Well there is two wars going on though. The Americans against AQ and The Media against President Bush and our Troops. I think is disgraceful that our troops are over there have to worry about the media knifeing them in the back when they have enough already that they have to worry about. The are over there and they expect the worst but what they don't expect is to take it in the back from people in their own country. :salute:

Very true. I dispise the media for what they are doing. They have been doing it for 40 years and its getting worse.

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Very true. I dispise the media for what they are doing. They have been doing it for 40 years and its getting worse.

It's a conspiracy with the DNC. :laugh2:

glockmail
07-11-2007, 09:11 PM
The important part is that the locals are helping. That's the goal of the surge. To move in and take over and turn it over to the locals and iraqi's. We get the iranians and al queda out of those areas, then the iraqi's can fight among themselves all they want. I think we should hand over the terrorists we catch to the locals for interrogation. Al Queada will think longingly about American waterboarding.