PDA

View Full Version : Being Mean

Perianne
12-06-2015, 03:58 PM
Have you ever been mean to other people? How do you feel about it now?

jimnyc
12-06-2015, 04:27 PM

Many times. More so in the past and have gotten much better about it. 99% of the time I feel guilty about it after the fact. I hate being mean.

Gunny
12-06-2015, 04:32 PM

It's a matter of perspective depending on one's definition of "mean". I'm not a mean person. I can be ruthless. I've never once been that way without cause so I feel just fine about it. Only those who ARE guilty feel guilty.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-06-2015, 04:56 PM
I've beaten the living hell out of over a hundred guys in 43 years as an adult. - do not regret a single one of them! In fact, regret the missing opportunities that chasing gals caused me to fail to take time to deliver.
However, my chasing pretty gals benefited in that I had about 15/20 fights over guys getting jealous and trying me on for size. lol
Never bullied a pansy or worthless weak fighter. Did not waste my time on crap like that--even defended guys like that about 15 times , maybe a few more.
Nope-- not mean in the bad way--but damn sure was mean as living hell in the good way, which some found out the hard way and right deservingly so I might add. :laugh:
Just an old softy now. - ;)-Tyr

Gunny
12-06-2015, 05:13 PM
I've beaten the living hell out of over a hundred guys in 43 years as an adult. - do not regret a single one of them! In fact, regret the missing opportunities that chasing gals caused me to fail to take time to deliver.
However, my chasing pretty gals benefited in that I had about 15/20 fights over guys getting jealous and trying me on for size. lol
Never bullied a pansy or worthless weak fighter. Did not waste my time on crap like that--even defended guys like that about 15 times , maybe a few more.
Nope-- not mean in the bad way--but damn sure was mean as living hell in the good way, which some found out the hard way and right deservingly so I might add. :laugh:
Just an old softy now. - ;)-Tyr

I gotcha. Picking on someone smaller/weaker than me is like shameful. I never have and never will. If you're bigger than me, it's game on.

Elessar
12-06-2015, 06:17 PM
I gotcha. Picking on someone smaller/weaker than me is like shameful. I never have and never will. If you're bigger than me, it's game on.

I believe in manners first, but have put many a man bigger than me on his back in seconds when I was a bouncer.
The only problem I saw with men smaller was that "Napoleon Syndrome". They just got tossed around a bit.:cool:

Abbey Marie
12-06-2015, 08:45 PM
I don't think I have ever been deliberately mean to anyone.

But- there was one time I slipped, and told my sister-in-law that her chocolate pudding pie looked like something in a diaper!
I just all of a sudden heard myself saying it.
I felt terrible about it for a long time.

Elessar
12-06-2015, 08:52 PM
I don't think I have ever been deliberately mean to anyone.

But- there was one time I slipped, and told my sister-in-law that her chocolate pudding pie looked like something in a diaper!
I just all of a sudden heard myself saying it.
I felt terrible about it for a long time.

You might like this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Kitty-Litter-Cake

https://www.google.com/search?q=kitty+litter+cake&rlz=1C1FGGD_enUS497US556&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG9pOB1MjJAhUxnYMKHf1uAToQsAQIJg&biw=1600&bih=799

:laugh:

PixieStix
12-06-2015, 09:33 PM
You might like this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Kitty-Litter-Cake

https://www.google.com/search?q=kitty+litter+cake&rlz=1C1FGGD_enUS497US556&site=webhp&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjG9pOB1MjJAhUxnYMKHf1uAToQsAQIJg&biw=1600&bih=799

:laugh:

Hey, that's mean :laugh:

SassyLady
12-09-2015, 02:55 AM

No. This quote has pretty much been a motto of mine.

"Be careful of the toes you step on today because they might belong to the person whose ass you have to kiss tomorrow."

CSM
12-09-2015, 07:37 AM
I am not mean in any way. If you piss me off, I will rip your face off with cold, calculated precision and very damn little emotion. I may crack a small smile but that's about it.

indago
12-09-2015, 07:53 AM

"Be careful of the toes you step on today because they might belong to the person whose ass you have to kiss tomorrow."

Yea, nothing like Sucking Up

...from what I hear...

Drummond
12-09-2015, 08:02 AM
'Being mean' relates to the circumstances at the time, I'd have thought. You could be dealing with someone who deserves nothing less than combative exchanges involving such a thing. It may even be all that your opposition respects.

The key is surely to be as dispassionate in sizing your 'target' up as possible, so you can know whether or not they deserve what you dish out.

Bottom line: to me, 'meanness' isn't the issue as such. The justice involved, IS.

Perianne
02-11-2016, 08:49 PM

Since nearly everyone is smaller than me, I can fight anyone. :) But I don't. I don't like to fight and I am too darned old for it. I want to get along with other people and 99.43% I can.
@Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2275), @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)

Have you guys ever fought someone who you underestimated? I have fought only two women and I made them both cry by punching them in their faces. But I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't succumbed to my punches? They were both big girls and they could have beaten me up, probably badly.

tailfins
02-11-2016, 09:00 PM

As part of a grudge match, sure. I hang on like a snapping turtle, sometimes for a year or more. You would be amazed how many ways there are to make someone's life miserable.

LongTermGuy
02-11-2016, 09:40 PM
I believe in manners first, but have put many a man bigger than me on his back in seconds when I was a bouncer.
The only problem I saw with men smaller was that "Napoleon Syndrome". They just got tossed around a bit.:cool:

....so many of us here have been bouncers....:laugh:
http://i.imgur.com/54CqJfy.jpg

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-11-2016, 11:55 PM
Since nearly everyone is smaller than me, I can fight anyone. :) But I don't. I don't like to fight and I am too darned old for it. I want to get along with other people and 99.43% I can.
@Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2275), @Gunny (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=30)

Have you guys ever fought someone who you underestimated? I have fought only two women and I made them both cry by punching them in their faces. But I wonder what would have happened if they hadn't succumbed to my punches? They were both big girls and they could have beaten me up, probably badly.

Seeing as how I've had my ass stomped myself more than once ,perhaps the answer is yes.
However, that was in my very early years, before I learned that one major secret to winning fights.
and..... Don't ask, iffin I told ya, I'd have to kill ya... ;)--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
02-11-2016, 11:58 PM
As part of a grudge match, sure. I hang on like a snapping turtle, sometimes for a year or more. You would be amazed how many ways there are to make someone's life miserable.

Amazed??? Not really....... we southern boys realize that a tick on a dog's ass makes its life miserable but does no lasting damage.
Rather, its the heart-worms that kill , not the little sucking bug...;)--Tyr

darin
02-12-2016, 02:33 AM
I think it's mean to give people unlimited unemployment benefits. I think it's mean to raise taxes. I think its mean to force the will of the collective on the few. I think its mean to lie and promise stuff then never do it.

I think telling my lover "Yeah. Dear..Those jeans are not working for you" is the ultimate in kindness.

tailfins
02-12-2016, 09:55 AM
Amazed??? Not really....... we southern boys realize that a tick on a dog's ass makes its life miserable but does no lasting damage.
Rather, its the heart-worms that kill , not the little sucking bug...;)--Tyr

You seem to have lot's of experience about being a parasite, surely more than a mere observer!

Jeff
02-12-2016, 10:51 AM
I am never mean, love all of man kind, I would never be mean. :laugh::wink2::laugh:

Kathianne
02-12-2016, 10:53 AM
I am never mean, love all of man kind, I would never be mean. :laugh::wink2::laugh:

You got the smilies, but it's true! I've only ever seen you respond after provocation, ever just to be mean.

Jeff
02-12-2016, 10:58 AM
You got the smilies, but it's true! I've only ever seen you respond after provocation, ever just to be mean.

Being mean isn't all its cracked up to be, after spending much money I have learned to walk away from most anything, unless of course it has to do with my family or someone actually touches ( don't matter how light a touch, a pat on the back makes me suspicious ) and then it may turn ugly real quick, but like I said it is much easier ( cheaper ) not to have to educate every dumb ass in the world, hell ya get sues and all ya where trying to do was educate a moron, go figure. :laugh:

jimnyc
02-12-2016, 11:13 AM

Yeah, right! Remember that guy at the Walmart gas station down in Commerce? Poor bastard simply came over to give you some gas... :laugh:

Kathianne
02-12-2016, 11:16 AM
Yeah, right! Remember that guy at the Walmart gas station down in Commerce? Poor bastard simply came over to give you some gas... :laugh:

I fear to ask...

Abbey Marie
02-12-2016, 02:21 PM

You're ruining my big teddy bear image of Jeff!

Gunny
02-14-2016, 05:32 PM

Maybe sometime around 2nd grade. I NEVER underestimate an opponent.

I WILL say I have been caught a time or two in the past underestimating people on message boards and have to step and fetch to play catch up. Most of them were usually dishonest and misrepresent themselves for that to happen though.

In a real-life fight? Everyone else is Bruce Lee to me.

Gunny
02-14-2016, 05:36 PM

Guys with little man syndrome are fair game. Most of them outweigh me and can lift half the gym in their effort at overcompensation. :laugh: Drive a bigger truck than I do (mine was for work). Figure they put 4x4 blocks on the pedals and sit on phone books.:laugh:

Gunny
02-14-2016, 05:37 PM

To quote "The Duke":

THAT'LL be the day.

Gunny
02-14-2016, 05:39 PM
....so many of us here have been bouncers....:laugh:
http://i.imgur.com/54CqJfy.jpg

Think this reflects on the board, or just Jim? :laugh:

Oddly enough, I learned more how to avoid a fight as a bouncer than I ever did in school.