PDA

View Full Version : Man Codes

Perianne
12-07-2015, 04:05 PM
I was watching ESPN this morning and they were talking about a dust up between two NFL players. One said something about the other's wife and it nearly led to fisticuffs.

Anyway, the ESPN commentators said there are unwritten lines that a man cannot cross when it comes to what you say about another man's wife....man codes.

What are some man codes that the females among us do not know about?

Elessar
12-07-2015, 04:13 PM
I was watching ESPN this morning and they were talking about a dust up between two NFL players. One said something about the other's wife and it nearly led to fisticuffs.

Anyway, the ESPN commentators said there are unwritten lines that a man cannot cross when it comes to what you say about another man's wife....man codes.

I would say insulting the lady is one.

Insulting the hubby another.

But, comments of a sexual nature are a sure trigger point.

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 04:17 PM
I don't mean any disrespect, but your wife has beautiful feet and I have a foot fetish.

Perianne
12-07-2015, 04:20 PM
I have told this story before on here (I think). A man at a grocery store called me a "bitch" and pushed my cart at me. My husband was right there and it was on. I figured they must have crossed the unwritten lines. The court disagreed, though. My husband served two and one-half years in prison for the beating he gave those two men.

gabosaurus
12-07-2015, 04:47 PM
...comments of a sexual nature are a sure trigger point.

Latinos are extremely adherent to this. If you stare at their comment or make an objectionable comment, you better know how to defend yourself.
Case in point: My brother in law was waiting in the car while my sister approached. A guy came up to her and made a very lewd comment. My brother in law jumped out and grabbed the guy by the neck and started yelling. My sister had to kick in the kneecaps to keep my brother in law from choking the guy to death.

Latinos have more man codes than Anglos. If two or more guys are talking or watching sports, you don't interrupt them. You stay away from guys watching a soccer game. Women are not allowed to correct men in public. There's a few more I can't think of.

Elessar
12-07-2015, 05:33 PM
Latinos are extremely adherent to this. If you stare at their comment or make an objectionable comment, you better know how to defend yourself.
Case in point: My brother in law was waiting in the car while my sister approached. A guy came up to her and made a very lewd comment. My brother in law jumped out and grabbed the guy by the neck and started yelling. My sister had to kick in the kneecaps to keep my brother in law from choking the guy to death.

Latinos have more man codes than Anglos. If two or more guys are talking or watching sports, you don't interrupt them. You stay away from guys watching a soccer game. Women are not allowed to correct men in public. There's a few more I can't think of.

I know....I lived in Long Beach for a while. And Latino's can be pretty damn
disrespectful, thinking they are dominant. Some of that
is culture, but not necessarily respectful of the lady.

I put a few down on their ass - Latino's - for lewd comments made
to a lady.

I detest rudeness and crass talk, Gabby.

Gunny
12-07-2015, 06:03 PM

Rule #1 : You talk about my woman and it's on.

Rule# 2 : You talk about my woman or my kids and it's on.

Rule #3 : Don't piss off the woman. They're evil, hateful, mean-a$$ little things that make life a living Hell especially if you're stuck in the same house with them.

Perianne
12-07-2015, 06:05 PM
Rule #1 : You talk about my woman and it's on.

Rule# 2 : You talk about my woman or my kids and it's on.

Rule #3 : Don't piss off the woman. They're evil, hateful, mean-a$$ little things that make life a living Hell especially if you're stuck in the same house with them.

Not me. I am sugar and spice and everything nice.

Gunny
12-07-2015, 06:10 PM
Not me. I am sugar and spice and everything nice.

Uh huh. Heard THAT one before.:laugh:

Bilgerat
12-07-2015, 06:39 PM
I loved these commercials :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88nAlb0qP5E

gabosaurus
12-07-2015, 08:18 PM
I know....I lived in Long Beach for a while. And Latino's can be pretty damn
disrespectful, thinking they are dominant. Some of that
is culture, but not necessarily respectful of the lady.

It is actually quite the opposite. Most Latino men have a lot of respect for women. They also have an extreme macho culture passed on over multiple generations.
There is always what my brother in law calls "the gutter class" who refuse to show respect for anyone. I find them present in Anglos and blacks as well. They show off and make rude comments in public.
In private, my brother in law mostly defers to my sister in decision making. He admits to having a bad temper and questionable judgement.
It is different in public. Growing up in a street gang is similar to progressing through the military. You can't show weakness at any time.
This is why Latino women defer to men in public. Every day life is a battlefield and men are judged by their strengths and weaknesses. The strong survive and advance.

My brother in law was 22 or 23 when he first met my sister, who was 15 at the time. I remember asking him what made him fall for my sister. He said "she was first person to ever kick my ass." :laugh:

gabosaurus
12-07-2015, 08:21 PM

Don't piss us off and we have no reason to become evil, hateful, mean ass things. Keep quiet and do what you're told and no one will get hurt. :death:

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 08:37 PM
I grew up around a lot of Puerto Ricans. It was quite common for some of them to put their hands inside their pants, grab their genitals, and lick their lips, all while looking directly at us young teen girls. I don't think that is showing anything other than over-sexed guys, with a total lack of respect for females. I won't make any cultural excuses for them.

gabosaurus
12-07-2015, 08:42 PM
I grew up around a lot of Puerto Ricans. It was quite common for some of them to put their hands inside their pants, grab their genitals, and lick their lips, all while looking directly at us young teen girls. I don't think that is showing anything other than over-sexed guys, with a total lack of respect for females. I won't make any cultural excuses for them.

That is high school guys of all races and nationalities. The majority of high school guys are like dogs. They don't care whose butt they sniff. They just want a place to bury their bone. :cool:

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 08:45 PM
That is high school guys of all races and nationalities. The majority of high school guys are like dogs. They don't care whose butt they sniff. They just want a place to bury their bone. :cool:

I would agree with the premise that many young males are that way. But I never had any one be as disgusting to my face as those guys were.

Elessar
12-07-2015, 08:46 PM

Mexicans the same way

Black Diamond
12-07-2015, 08:47 PM
I would agree with the premise that many young males are that way. But I never had any one be as disgusting to my face as those guys were.

Machismo is part of Latin culture. Do you consider what you saw a bad part of machismo? or something disgusting all on its own?

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Machismo is part of Latin culture. Do you consider what you saw a bad part of machismo? or something disgusting all on its own?

:thinking5:

The bolded...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-07-2015, 09:41 PM
1. Don't lay hands on my wife or kids
2. Don't insult my wife or kids
3. Don't insult me
4. Don't call me a liar
5. Don't mistreat old or weak people
6. Don't ever take a swing at me(results will hurt YOU badly)
7. Don't kick my dog
8. Don't try to steal my beer
9. Don't make a promise then break it..
10. Don't pretend you are better than me..

I walked , talked and enforced these to the damn letter for 40+ years.
Still do, but no longer travel in circles where beating hell out of folks was fun.
Times change.. but my principles do not...
Call them man codes, personal codes whatever but crossing any one of them always comes with very undesirable consequences. As so many have found out the hard way...
Tis' why I never sit with my back to the door / entrance........ --Tyr

Abbey Marie
12-07-2015, 09:45 PM
1. Don't lay hands on my wife or kids
2. Don't insult my wife or kids
3. Don't insult me
4. Don't call me a liar
5. Don't mistreat old or weak people
6. Don't ever take a swing at me(results will hurt YOU badly)
7. Don't kick my dog
8. Don't try to steal my beer
9. Don't make a promise then break it..
10. Don't pretend you are better than me..

I walked , talked and enforced these to the damn letter for 40+ years.
Still do, but no longer travel in circles where beating hell out of folks was fun.
Times change.. but my principles do not...
Call them man codes, personal codes whatever but crossing any one of them always comes with very undesirable consequences. As so many have found out the hard way...
Tis' why I never sit with my back to the door / entrance........ --Tyr

The best seat in a restaurant is the Mob Boss seat. :thumb: