PDA

View Full Version : Many Sex Offenders Missing Since Katrina

nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 07:11 PM
NEW ORLEANS -- Hundreds of registered sex offenders -- including rapists and child molesters -- are still missing after they were displaced by Hurricane Katrina.

Although the New Orleans Police Department and other agencies have launched an aggressive search, law enforcement faces an uphill battle.

Before the storm, there were about 1,350 registered sex offenders in the city of New Orleans.

According to the NOPD, investigators have been able to find 475 -- meaning about 875 are still missing.

"Right now, it's very common to find certain neighborhoods, certain addresses, that have not been reoccupied," NOPD spokesman Sgt. Joe Narcisse said.

Even if the sex offenders have left the city, the NOPD said, they still must register with another police department or sheriff's office.

Full Story...........
http://www.wdsu.com/news/13662034/detail.html?cnn=yes

This is a scary situation. Sex Offenders are dangers and to have over 800 that you can't find, that is putting the whole country at risk. Hopefully they find them all and when they do they arrest them for failing to register.

Psychoblues
07-12-2007, 04:58 AM
Are you trying to tell us that they lost track of you, nm?

jimnyc
07-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Are you trying to tell us that they lost track of you, nm?

To infer that one of our board members is a sex offender is even below your standards. I hope a rabid squirrel sneaks into your house and shits down your throat while you sleep.

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 10:09 AM
To infer that one of our board members is a sex offender is even below your standards. I hope a rabid squirrel sneaks into your house and shits down your throat while you sleep.

Thanks Jimmy :cheers2:

Psychoblues
07-14-2007, 02:42 AM
Since when did you become so concerned with the thin skins of any posters here, jimnyc?

It was a joke!!!!!!!! I thought you knew!!!!!!!! I think I got your joke!!!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I am wrong!!!!!!!!!