PDA

View Full Version : So logical about Muslims

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Thomas Sowell discusses Obama's recent speech about Muslims, and lays it out perfectly...

Example:

Obama's talk about how we should not make religious distinctions might make sense if we were talking about handing out entitlements. But we are talking about distinguishing between different populations posing different levels of danger to the American people.

When it comes to matters of life and death, that is no time for the kind of glib, politically correct rhetoric that Barack Obama specializes in.

Obama may think of himself as a citizen of the world, but he was elected President of the United States, not head of a world government, and that does not authorize him to gamble the lives of Americans for the benefit of people in other countries.

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2015/12/08/the-presidents-speech-n2090510

glockmail
12-08-2015, 03:09 PM
Rush claimed today the The Obama slammed the door shut on Syrian Christian refugees.

Abbey Marie
12-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Rush claimed today the The Obama slammed the door shut on Syrian Christian refugees.

I truly believe that history will look back on this man as a traitor to America.
And Christianity.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-08-2015, 07:53 PM
I truly believe that history will look back on this man as a traitor to America.
And Christianity.

The maggot said-

"The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam."

And that sentence is self explaining.-

He is saying that the future only belongs to Islam!
He is being clever (talking code to his muslim brothers) about openly announcing that one day Islam will
rule the entire world!

So yes, he is a traitor and always has been IMHO..-Tyr

Kathianne
12-08-2015, 08:26 PM
Thomas Sowell discusses Obama's recent speech about Muslims, and lays it out perfectly...

Example:

http://townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/2015/12/08/the-presidents-speech-n2090510

I agree, Abbey. One of the best pieces of laying out what has changed regarding immigrants coming into the country:

...The history of millions of European immigrants who came here in centuries past was fundamentally different from what is happening in our own times.

First of all, those immigrants were stopped at Ellis Island to be checked medically and otherwise, and were allowed to get off that island to go ashore only after they had met whatever legal standards there were. Otherwise, they were sent back where they came from.

More fundamentally, people came here to assimilate into the American society they found, not to become isolated enclaves of aggrieved foreigners, demanding that Americans adjust to their languages, their values and their ways of life.

I'm not against immigration from outside of Europe, not at all. What I find alarming is allowing great numbers into the country who have not desire nor intention of assimilating in any manner.

We are not a country with common race, religion, ethnicity. We DO have a common culture though, whether or not everyone is aware of it or not.

First we put the US above any past allegiances of ourselves or our ancestors. We acknowledge that we all have rights as laid out in our founding documents, I have them; so do all sorts of people who I disagree with.

Yes, it can be contentious, but we have to accept the premise or else leave. Those who don't accept will find themselves in trouble with the law.

Thus, I may find abortion to be murder, while the law of the land permits both receiving one and performing one. I cannot, no matter what my personal beliefs use means beyond free speech to voice my opinion. I cannot block someone, take over a clinic, or threaten/carry out any acts of prohibition. Indeed, because I DO accept the premises upon which our nation was founded, I find anyone who commits such acts criminal. That doesn't mean I need to give up on trying to change the laws, within my powers.

We have the right to associate or not with any persons, groups, etc., we choose to. If someone feels that anyone who doesn't 'look' or 'believe' what they do is not worth talking to or associating with, they don't have to. However, one doesn't have the right to keep others from exercising their rights to live or use the services available where they choose to live. If you don't like your neighbors for whatever reason, you must choose to leave them alone or leave yourself. You don't have to like your choices, but that is what they are.

In order to keep the peace, folks need to abide by this 'rule of law.' Those that don't will be found in criminal courts.

Yes, there are those that choose to break the law, they are the very small minority even today. Heck even 100 years ago.

However, when those who are emigrating for whatever reasons, do not share in a belief in the rule of law, but rather their whole belief system is the antithesis of such, there will be an explosion.

...The illusion that you can take in large numbers of people from a fundamentally different culture, without jeopardizing your own culture -- and everything that depends on it -- should have been dispelled by many counterproductive social consequences in Europe, even aside from the fatal dangers of terrorists.

Most refugees in the Middle East can be helped in the Middle East, and many Americans would undoubtedly be willing to financially help Muslim countries like Jordan or Egypt to care for these refugees in societies more compatible with their beliefs and values...

glockmail
12-09-2015, 10:35 AM
And Christianity.
You forget who writes the history books.