PDA

View Full Version : Others reply to Trumps 'Ban all muslims Plan'

revelarts
12-08-2015, 03:43 PM
Lindsey Graham
.@Realdonaldtrump has gone from making absurd comments to being downright dangerous with his bombastic rhetoric.

He’s putting at risk the lives of interpreters, American supporters, diplomats, & the troops in the region by making these bigoted comments

Dick Cheney
"I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion goes against everything we stand for and believe in," Cheney told Hewitt. "I mean, religious freedom's been a very important part of our history and where we came from."

If Lindsey Graham and Dick Cheney say Trump is extreme you know there's a problem.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told the Washington Examiner that the United States must combat terrorism "but not at the expense of our American values."

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said Trump's proposal was "not conservatism." Republicans also warned that if Trump is the nominee, his stance could hurt in a general election against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

"Donald Trump is Hillary Clinton's Christmas gift wrapped up under a tree," Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said on Twitter.

"Unfortunately, Trump is leaning into the kind of fear of progress that very well could help him win the nomination," Huma Abedin, a top aide to Clinton, said in a fundraising email declaring her own Muslim faith.

The reaction from abroad was largely one of outrage. French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Twitter, "Mr Trump, like others, is feeding hatred and misinformation."

A spokeswoman for British Prime Minister David Cameron called Trump's comments "divisive, unhelpful and quite simply wrong." A group started a petition to revoke Trump's honorary degree from Robert Gordon University in Scotland.

A spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon rejected Trump's comments, and Muslims in Pakistan and Indonesia also denounced him.

Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-defense-idUSKBN0TR1KY20151208#3bCQl03yywzmmXHK.99

Bernie Sanders
Every candidate for president needs to do the right thing & condemn @Realdonaldtrump's statement.
The U.S. is a strong nation when we stand together. We are weak when we allow racism and xenophobia to divide us. cc: @realDonaldTrump

Jeb Bush
Donald Trump is unhinged. His "policy" proposals are not serious

CHRIS CHRISTIE: Again, this is the kind of thing that people say when they have no experience and don’t know what they’re talking about. We do not need to endorse that type of activity, nor should we. What we need to do is to increase our intelligence capabilities and activity both around the world and in the homeland.

Carson
Everyone visiting our country should register and be monitored during their stay as is done in many countries. We do not and would not advocate being selective on one’s religion.

Perianne
12-08-2015, 03:47 PM
They are all being politically correct. In their hearts they agree with Trump. Except for Carson.

glockmail
12-08-2015, 03:51 PM
Trump's right on this. Islam is NOT compatible with American values. It needs to be regulated. Since it is at war with the US, we have every right to ban it outright.

Perianne
12-08-2015, 04:01 PM
"Unfortunately, Trump is leaning into the kind of fear of progress that very well could help him win the nomination," Huma Abedin, a top aide to Clinton, said in a fundraising email declaring her own Muslim faith.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8059&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8058&stc=1

glockmail
12-08-2015, 04:07 PM
Funny how Democrats never have a problem with FDR, who went quite a bit further with ethnic German and Japanese who were American citizens.

revelarts
12-10-2015, 11:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJERrD0rO9M

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 11:10 AM
Wait a minute, wait a minute... competing candidates went public to disagree with what he said? Wow! I never would have guessed that one! The next thing you'll tell me is that these folks disagree with his immigration stances too. No way!

Seriously, is that a concern of a candidate, to make sure other candidates are happy with him? And sure some will say "he won't get nothing done in office, he will need these people". I suppose if there is legitimate disagreement, which we would expect with any president. But if some do it just because they don't like the man, what does that say about them? And their political futures? I'm not worried about that.

Gunny
12-10-2015, 11:23 AM
Wait a minute, wait a minute... competing candidates went public to disagree with what he said? Wow! I never would have guessed that one! The next thing you'll tell me is that these folks disagree with his immigration stances too. No way!

Seriously, is that a concern of a candidate, to make sure other candidates are happy with him? And sure some will say "he won't get nothing done in office, he will need these people". I suppose if there is legitimate disagreement, which we would expect with any president. But if some do it just because they don't like the man, what does that say about them? And their political futures? I'm not worried about that.

Big Picture: Trump has done one Hell of a job dividing conservatives. The ONLY ONE going after Hillary is Carly. The rest are doing the Dem's job stabbing each other in the back. These stupid, pointless debates and all this infighting have to go. And agree or not, IMO, these so-called "outsiders" need to go with it.

If they want to attack something, how about Hillary and or Obama? Trump gets all the airtime so how about using it on something useful instead of petty ass infighting? I'd be white rice hitting Hillary at every turn for EVERY damned thing from Whitewater to date. I'd be blasting this administration at every other turn. But no, Trump has to say yet something else controversial and divisive that appeals to not enough people to win.

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 11:26 AM
Big Picture: Trump has done one Hell of a job dividing conservatives. The ONLY ONE going after Hillary is Carly. The rest are doing the Dem's job stabbing each other in the back. These stupid, pointless debates and all this infighting have to go. And agree or not, IMO, these so-called "outsiders" need to go with it.

If they want to attack something, how about Hillary and or Obama? Trump gets all the airtime so how about using it on something useful instead of petty ass infighting? I'd be white rice hitting Hillary at every turn for EVERY damned thing from Whitewater to date. I'd be blasting this administration at every other turn. But no, Trump has to say yet something else controversial and divisive that appeals to not enough people to win.

So these other great candidates we have to look for aren't smart enough to continue with what they feel is best? They have no self control over themselves? Why don't they simply do as you say and ignore Trump? These are choices from these candidates, not Trump forcing anyone. I would prefer they all attack Hillary as well, but from the GOP insiders on down, they don't like Trump, and are making that front and center instead.

revelarts
12-12-2015, 09:44 AM

the question is who's correct Jim.
do they have a point?
when all the other candidates disagree with one on a certain statement at the very least we should take a 2nd look and see if all the denunciations have merit.

Kathianne
12-12-2015, 09:52 AM
do they have a point?
when all the other candidates disagree with one on a certain statement at the very least we should take a 2nd look and see if all the denunciations have merit.

I'm not supporting Trump, I know, shocking. However I'd really like to see another candidate seriously address the issue he raised, rather than just attack the man. Other than Carson, they all just dismissed the underlying concerns of such an outlandish suggestion. Jeb being the worst, at least in what was written here, by name calling.

revelarts
12-12-2015, 09:52 AM
THE DONALD! WHY DO WE TAKE HIM SERIOUSLY?
Krauthammer explains;
By Charles Krauthammer
December 11, 2015, 6:00 am

WASHINGTON — So how exactly does this work, Donald Trump’s plan to keep America safe from Islamic terrorism by barring entry to all Muslims? He explained it Tuesday on TV. The immigration official will ask the foreigner if he’s a Muslim.
“And if they said, ‘yes,’ they would not be allowed in the country?”
Trump: “That’s correct.”

Brilliant. And very economical. That is, if you think that bloodthirsty terrorists — “people that believe only in Jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” as Trump describes them — will feel honor-bound to tell the truth to an infidel immigration officer. They kill wantonly but, like George Washington, cannot tell a lie. On this logic hinges the great Maginot Line with which Trump will protect America from jihad.

I decline to join the chorus denouncing the Trump proposal as offensive and un-American. That’s too obvious. What I can’t get over is its sheer absurdity.

Here’s a suggestion (borrowed from my Fox News colleague Chris Stirewalt) to shore it up. At every immigration station at every airport in America, we will demand that every potential entrant — immigrant, refugee, student or tourist — eat a bacon sandwich. You refuse? Back home you go! True, the Stirewalt Solution casts the net a bit wide, snaring innocent vegetarians and Orthodox Jews. But hey, as Trump said Tuesday “We’re at war — get it through your head.” Can’t get squeamish about collateral damage.

Dozens of others have already pointed out how strategically idiotic is Trump’s exclusion principle. Absent a renewed Christian crusade against radical Islam — with those fabulous Hollywood-wardrobe tunics — the war on terror will only be won in alliance with moderate Muslims. Declaring them anathema is not the best beginning to coalition-building.

To take but the most obvious example: Our closest and most effective allies on the ground in the Middle East are the Kurds. Trump would turn them back at the Orlando airport. No Disney World for them. Or does he not know that they are Muslim?

It is embarrassing even to embark on such arguments. To treat “no Muslims allowed” as a serious idea is to give credit to what is little more than a clever stunt by a man who saw Ted Cruz beating him for the first time in the Iowa Monmouth poll and five hours later decided it was time to seize the stage again.

This got the thinkers going again. National Review’s Andrew McCarthy, whom I (otherwise) hold in considerable esteem, spent 1,000 words trying to tart up the ban in constitutional and statutory livery, stressing — hilariously — that he is dealing with the Trump proposal “in its final form.” As if Trump’s barstool eruptions are painstakingly vetted, and as if anything Trump says about anything is ever final.

Take his Syria policy. In September, he said we should wash our hands and just let Russia fight the Islamic State. Having, I assume, been subsequently informed that Vladimir Putin’s principal interest — and target — is not the Islamic State but the anti-Assad rebels, Trump now promises to “bomb the s— ” out of the Islamic State.
I’m sure there’s a Trump apologist out there working to explain the brilliant complementarity of these two contradictory strategies. Just as a few months ago there was a frenzy of learned scholarship about the constitutional history of the 14th Amendment following another Trump eruption — the abolition of birthright citizenship.
Whatever the final outcome, Trump’s campaign has already succeeded, indelibly affecting both this race and the Republican future. At a time of economic malaise at home and strategic collapse abroad, Trump has managed to steer the entire GOP campaign into absurdities, like mass deportation of 11 million illegal immigrants, and impossibilities, like the exclusion of Muslims from our shores.
“No Muslims allowed” is the perfect example. President Obama’s Oval Office address on Sunday night marked a new low in his presidency. The shopworn arguments, the detached tone, the willful denial that there might be anything wrong with his policy was deeply unsettling for left, right and center. Even The New York Times had to admit “Obama’s Plans to Stop ISIS Leave Many Democrats Wanting More,” which is Timesese for Democrats Stunned by Vacancy in the Oval Office. Here was an opportunity for the Republican field to launch an all-out takedown of the Obama (and Hillary Clinton) foreign policy.
Within less than a day that opportunity was wiped out. Once again, it’s the Donald Show.
© 2015, Washington Post Writers Group

revelarts
12-12-2015, 09:53 AM
“What Donald Trump doesn’t understand is how you win the war,”
Lindsey Graham told The Huffington Post following a campaign event here.
“His policies are actually worse than Obama’s.”

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-12-2015, 10:02 AM
do they have a point?

Really Rev?????
2nd look because they disagreed!
As if they have no biased reason to disagree!
As if they are so honorable in disagreeing!
As if he is not their number one competition in this race!
As if it does not garner them each some small bit of fleeting favor with the media !
As if its not the PC thing to do!
As if its not joining the attack crowd thats hard on his heels every minute of every day!

Tell me that you are more intelligent than to spew that crap out and expect smart people not to see it for the propaganda that it is!
Otherwise I am going have to chastise myself, for the high level of intelligence that I've credited you with these few years.--Tyr

revelarts
12-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Really Rev?????
2nd look because they disagreed!
As if they have no biased reason to disagree!
As if they are so honorable in disagreeing!
As if he is not their number one competition in this race!
As if it does not garner them each some small bit of fleeting favor with the media !
As if its not the PC thing to do!
As if its not joining the attack crowd thats hard on his heels every minute of every day!

Tell me that you are more intelligent than to spew that crap out and expect smart people not to see it for the propaganda that it is!
Otherwise I am going have to chastise myself, for the high level of intelligence that I've credited you with these few years.--Tyr

They have all those same drives on other issues too right but Do they all disagree with everything trump says Tyr?
no.
But this particularly bad idea everyone has a serious problem with.
so yeah it should be looked at pretty close before swallowed.

what does Dick Chenney have to gain Tyr?
is he running too? is he PC?
Charles Krauthammer?
You're more intelligent than that.

Black Diamond
12-12-2015, 10:18 AM
Trump is the frontrunner and he is anti-establishment. All those named have an incentive to denounce Trump.

Kathianne
12-12-2015, 10:37 AM
They have all those same drives on other issues too right but Do they all disagree with everything trump says Tyr?
no.

Charles Krauthammer?

The rub of this is that while saying Trump is full of it, (which I agree with), they fail to acknowledge the reasons the 'plan' is attractive to many, (even 45% of Democrats.) At this late date, it amazes though not surprises me that the political class is so clueless.

People are not 'afraid' they are angry that the threat isn't being addressed seriously. They've been showing this in the polls and also by their votes over and over. They want action-they'll take anyone who SAYS action will be taken, even if put out with little thought.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-12-2015, 10:37 AM
no.

Charles Krauthammer?

Said as you ignore the over 20 million Americans that agree with Trump on most of his statements and an even higher number of Americans that support him!

I'd say-- come on now , you are smarter than that...
Discounting millions and millions while citing a couple high profile names(to impress) . And Cheney is a Bush guy! Do you think he supporting the younger Bush might be a factor in his condemnation!??-Tyr

Black Diamond
12-12-2015, 11:25 AM
The rub of this is that while saying Trump is full of it, (which I agree with), they fail to acknowledge the reasons the 'plan' is attractive to many, (even 45% of Democrats.) At this late date, it amazes though not surprises me that the political class is so clueless.

People are not 'afraid' they are angry that the threat isn't being addressed seriously. They've been showing this in the polls and also by their votes over and over. They want action-they'll take anyone who SAYS action will be taken, even if put out with little thought.

Human nature.

revelarts
12-12-2015, 12:27 PM

Said as you ignore the over 20 million Americans that agree with Trump on most of his statements and an even higher number of Americans that support him!
I'd say-- come on now , you are smarter than that...
Discounting millions and millions while citing a couple high profile names(to impress) . And Cheney is a Bush guy! Do you think he supporting the younger Bush might be a factor in his condemnation!??-Tyr

A lot of people followed Obama as well. Doesn't make them right.
Just like a Bizzaro Obama theDonald says things that push the right buttons for many. But people are reacting out of "anger" and "deep respect" for islam IN GNERAL. Which is not the specific enemy. It's factions WITHEN it that have to be the narrow target gov't wise.
But people's "anger" and "deep respect" make it hard not to be lazy and try and separate the chaff from the wheat when it comes to terrorism.

Now after i make a comment like that often folks rush in and say I'm missing the BIGGER picture of Shria etc.
NO, that's an aspect of islam but it not always linked to terrorism or violence. .Those Muslim's in Dearborne Michigan haven't killed anyone. (but each others to my knowledge) But they are using their numbers to effect the local laws... But even there the local council has managed to keep Sharia out. In the U.S. they are like the communist, or fascist politicians and promoters. Do we ban them? or do we defeat it at the polls? Do we make communism illegal to speak of in public. Look, yes these ideologies are dangerous. and those with neg political agenda should be watched but the tools you use to deal with bad corrosive peaceful political movements are different than those you use to stop terror attacks. Part one is we promote and MAINTAIN OUR OWN and Religion and Constitution and believe they are right and strong enough to withstand the minority threat.

We just don't piss on everyone with a habib.
And we should't make the problem appear WORSE than it really is.
Less than 100 deaths in the U.S. since 911 from muslim terrorist. That HAS TO BE acknowledged as REAL. To do otherwise and to pretend that every muslim is a potential 911 is just plain stupid.
sorry it just is.

people are upset with those that don't acknowledge the good police but somehow ..because of "anger" and "deep respect"... don't want to remember of all the Muslims that are working next to them, in the military, on the police force, at day cares, working in kitchens, heck i use to have an old Mercedes and my Mercedes repair shop owner was muslim. maybe he put a bomb in my car right? you can't be to sure right? I only think that because i'm "angry" and out of "deep respect" of course.

before we wonder if my car repairman is a terrorist should we have MORE info than he's muslim?
does "anger" at and "deep respect" of muslim terror mean people are justified in promoting BAD knee jerk "solutions".
or effectively having a political riot because they

conservatives often comment on how Liberals act on their FEELINGS unhinged from reality. Well in this case whose running on overheated irrational emotions?

Gunny
12-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Lindsey Graham
.@Realdonaldtrump has gone from making absurd comments to being downright dangerous with his bombastic rhetoric.

He’s putting at risk the lives of interpreters, American supporters, diplomats, & the troops in the region by making these bigoted comments

Dick Cheney
"I think this whole notion that somehow we can just say no more Muslims, just ban a whole religion goes against everything we stand for and believe in," Cheney told Hewitt. "I mean, religious freedom's been a very important part of our history and where we came from."

If Lindsey Graham and Dick Cheney say Trump is extreme you know there's a problem.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus told the Washington Examiner that the United States must combat terrorism "but not at the expense of our American values."

U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, a Republican, said Trump's proposal was "not conservatism." Republicans also warned that if Trump is the nominee, his stance could hurt in a general election against Democrat Hillary Clinton.

"Donald Trump is Hillary Clinton's Christmas gift wrapped up under a tree," Republican presidential candidate Carly Fiorina said on Twitter.

The reaction from abroad was largely one of outrage. French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said on Twitter, "Mr Trump, like others, is feeding hatred and misinformation."

A spokeswoman for British Prime Minister David Cameron called Trump's comments "divisive, unhelpful and quite simply wrong." A group started a petition to revoke Trump's honorary degree from Robert Gordon University in Scotland.

A spokesman for United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon rejected Trump's comments, and Muslims in Pakistan and Indonesia also denounced him.

Read more at Reutershttp://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-defense-idUSKBN0TR1KY20151208#3bCQl03yywzmmXHK.99

Bernie Sanders
Every candidate for president needs to do the right thing & condemn @Realdonaldtrump's statement.
The U.S. is a strong nation when we stand together. We are weak when we allow racism and xenophobia to divide us. cc: @realDonaldTrump

Jeb Bush
Donald Trump is unhinged. His "policy" proposals are not serious

CHRIS CHRISTIE: Again, this is the kind of thing that people say when they have no experience and don’t know what they’re talking about. We do not need to endorse that type of activity, nor should we. What we need to do is to increase our intelligence capabilities and activity both around the world and in the homeland.

Carson
Everyone visiting our country should register and be monitored during their stay as is done in many countries. We do not and would not advocate being selective on one’s religion.

Didn't like the other thread same topic so you thought you'd start another> Or is it that as usual, you think you have something more important to say than the rest of us?

PixieStix
12-12-2015, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJERrD0rO9M

:rolleyes:

What a bunch of hooey.