PDA

View Full Version : Is Trump trolling the GOP?

gabosaurus
12-09-2015, 12:26 AM
A friend of my husband, who is a staunch Republican, came up with a premise that is so outrageous and outlandish, it almost makes sense.

He believes Donald Trump is intentionally making a series of previously unthinkable proposals in an attempt to divide the Republican party from within. He is causing all this fallout because he believes the GOP will never nominate him, despite his approval rating.
Instead, he will eventually withdraw and run as an independent. Leaving the Republican party in disarray and setting himself up as the only real alternative to Hillary Clinton.

Or, even more evil and malicious, Trump has negotiated a secret deal with Clinton to pave the way for an easy victory in 2016. In return, she will push for Trump friendly legislation.

Perianne
12-09-2015, 12:44 AM
A friend of my husband, who is a staunch Republican, came up with a premise that is so outrageous and outlandish, it almost makes sense.

He believes Donald Trump is intentionally making a series of previously unthinkable proposals in an attempt to divide the Republican party from within. He is causing all this fallout because he believes the GOP will never nominate him, despite his approval rating.
Instead, he will eventually withdraw and run as an independent. Leaving the Republican party in disarray and setting himself up as the only real alternative to Hillary Clinton.

Or, even more evil and malicious, Trump has negotiated a secret deal with Clinton to pave the way for an easy victory in 2016. In return, she will push for Trump friendly legislation.

IF Trump wins enough states to secure the nomination AND the Republican party pulls shenanigans and refuses to award him the nomination THEN the party will split and Democrats will win. And the Republicans will deserve the loss.

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 08:21 AM

Others wonder the same:

https://pjmedia.com/election/2015/12/17/how-to-play-the-trump-card/?singlepage=true

There's a current presidential candidate who brags of destroying Republicans -- but that candidate is not Hillary Clinton.

There's a current presidential candidate who thinks the government should take private property and give it to others, because the government knows better than the owners how to make good use of it -- but that candidate is not Bernie Sanders.

There's a current Republican candidate who brags of these things, and who gave half a million dollars to the Clinton Foundation, and contributed $50,000 to Rahm Emanuel's election campaign -- but that candidate is not a RINO, or at least so many Republicans say.

This candidate, of course, is Donald Trump.

Okay, I'll grant, there does seem to be one coherent policy, on crony capitalism. He loves crony capitalism. He's made a fortune out of crony capitalism, and -- see his position on the Kelo decision -- he thinks it's a great thing that the government can legally take property for a low price and give it to him so he can sell it at a high price. He brags about how he gave money to Democrat politicians to buy their votes for his projects.

It's hard to think of any historically Republican position he's taken consistently -- but then he was a registered Democrat for much of the time since 2000, and was a registered Republican for only about a third of that time. It seems he is, at best, a ROWC -- a Republican Only When Convenient.
There is an explanation, though.

Trump, the media master, has discovered how to get legacy media coverage: Say outrageous things that the legacy media thinks are what Republicans really think. He's an actor, playing the bombastic Republican stock character of a thousand media political fantasies.

And they love it. He can say all the things they want Republicans to say, and he gets all the free press he wants. He clearly loves it too: whenever anything -- terrorism, Clinton's ongoing email scandal (remember that?), Benghazi and the repeated lies from the administration -- threatens to become a political story that's not about Trump, Trump says something new and outrageous, and the legacy media story is all about the outrageous thing Trump said. Again. No one has benefitted more, politically, from this than Hillary Clinton.

There seem to me to be two explanations for this.

red state
12-17-2015, 08:42 AM
IF Trump wins enough states to secure the nomination AND the Republican party pulls shenanigans and refuses to award him the nomination THEN the party will split and Democrats will win. And the Republicans will deserve the loss.

After 2008 and 2012....and even before that, the "Republicans" have deserved losses (only WE haven't). I expect Cruz to finally come in as "the man". I'm fine with that but not if it comes through tactics you have spelled out. I DO NOT like Trump. I like what he says but I simply can NOT trust the guy.....and for very good reasons. Cruz, however, is the best guy we have (in my opinion) and one only has to look at his time as a senator and what he's talked about for a while now. Trump....not so much. I wish Cruz looked less like a used car salesman and had the voice of a Fred Thompson. Those two flaws (being weasly-looking and sissy-talking) may be his down fall. Trump's hair.....well, that is just TRUMP Trade-marketing and he has boldly said what many of us have wanted to hear from our candidates for a long time. Is this what they call a conundrum?

If HELLary is our next POS, we can expect a ban like what is going on for the Union Jack (or the Confederate Battle Flag) and we can, most definitely, see heavier 'taxes', condemnations & persecutions for Christians, our military and gun owners. I've tried and tried to be optimistic even after B.O. was elected TWICE... but as a realist, I am inclined to agree with Denise Miller in that WE have already fallen over the cliff. We can probably ALL agree to that observation once HELLary is elected (or if B.O. declares a state of emergency and extends his 'regime').

There is now a VAST number of illegals and an ever growing populous of fence-sitters as well as indoctrinated students that will more than likely hammer the last nail in our coffin. Trump may have made a BIG mistake by saying he will ban all muSLUMs. Most folks will simply not run with him because of that. I've agreed with others that we need to ban ALL migration until we get OUR people jobs.

The sad, sad case is when we are not even given a chance (IF) the give us Rubio or JEB. That will most definitely, as you have said, Perrianne, our demise as a party and most probably as a Nation.

Good thread, Per.

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 08:45 AM
After 2008 and 2012....and even before that, the "Republicans" have deserved losses (only WE haven't). I expect Cruz to finally come in as "the man". I'm fine with that but not if it comes through tactics you have spelled out. I DO NOT like Trump. I like what he says but I simply can NOT trust the guy.....and for very good reasons. Cruz, however, is the best guy we have (in my opinion) and one only has to look at his time as a senator and what he's talked about for a while now. Trump....not so much. I wish Cruz looked less like a used car salesman and had the voice of a Fred Thompson. Those two flaws (being weasly-looking and sissy-talking) may be his down fall. Trump's hair.....well, that is just TRUMP Trade-marketing and he has boldly said what many of us have wanted to hear from our candidates for a long time. Is this what they call a conundrum?

If HELLary is our next POS, we can expect a ban like what is going on for the Union Jack (or the Confederate Battle Flag) and we can, most definitely, see heavier 'taxes', condemnations & persecutions for Christians, our military and gun owners. I've tried and tried to be optimistic even after B.O. was elected TWICE... but as a realist, I am inclined to agree with Denise Miller in that WE have already fallen over the cliff. We can probably ALL agree to that observation once HELLary is elected (or if B.O. declares a state of emergency and extends his 'regime').

There is now a VAST number of illegals and an ever growing populous of fence-sitters as well as indoctrinated students that will more than likely hammer the last nail in our coffin. Trump may have made a BIG mistake by saying he will ban all muSLUMs. Most folks will simply not run with him because of that. I've agreed with others that we need to ban ALL migration until we get OUR people jobs.

The sad, sad case is when we are not even given a chance (IF) the give us Rubio or JEB. That will most definitely, as you have said, Perrianne, our demise as a party and most probably as a Nation.

Good thread, Per.

Pretty sure Gabby started the thread. ;)

red state
12-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Oh....I first saw Perianne......GABSTOOMUCH doesn't even come in on my computer (except for those who persist in quoting her). Still, even an old, crappy clock has the RIGHT time once or twice a day.

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Oh....I first saw Perianne......GABSTOOMUCH doesn't even come in on my computer (except for those who persist in quoting her). Still, even an old, crappy clock has the RIGHT time once or twice a day.

:laugh:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-17-2015, 08:59 AM
Anything to tarnish and try to bring down the Republican front runner , right?
Anything to cast doubt , etc,right?
Anything to get conservatives to help dems in their bid to defeat Trump, right?
Anything goes, right?
Well hell, why am I not blasting all the other Republican nominees?
Maybe, I am just too damn stupid to understand how enlightening it is to help the dems?
Or too damn dense to know that I should vent my spleen about the huckster, the obama hugging Christie or the globalist , illegal invader loving Jeb Bush.. etc..

Carry on people, free speech and all.......as is your right

As is my right to express my views on what I see as a mistake in helping the dems in their bid to destroy our front runner.. nuff said.. -Tyr

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Raising questions isn't 'throwing anything.' One doesn't have to choose their candidate upon demand of those that chose theirs long ago.

We all have a right, (at least for now), to share what we wish.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-17-2015, 09:07 AM
Raising questions isn't 'throwing anything.' One doesn't have to choose their candidate upon demand of those that chose theirs long ago.

^^^^^- This quote was in my comments . I never stated anybody did not have a right to post.
I did however express my opinion of the millions joining the dems in trying to destroy our front runner.
As is my right... (At least for now), if I do not end up being banned for doing so. -Tyr

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 09:11 AM
^^^^^- This quote was in my comments . I never stated anybody did not have a right to post.
I did however express my opinion of the millions joining the dems in trying to destroy our front runner.
As is my right... (At least for now), if I do not end up being banned for doing so. -Tyr

:laugh2: Unlikely to be banned when on a board where the owner agrees with you. ;)

Raising concerns, well documented concerns is not joining the opposition, indeed one might see it as an attempt to save some from themselves. Others vehemently disagree, I believe that's part of any debate or discussion.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-17-2015, 09:32 AM
:laugh2: Unlikely to be banned when on a board where the owner agrees with you. ;)

Raising concerns, well documented concerns is not joining the opposition, indeed one might see it as an attempt to save some from themselves. Others vehemently disagree, I believe that's part of any debate or discussion.

Well my friend, please raise away then.
I did nothing but express my opinion on the millions hammering away with this rumor and helping the dems even if thats not their intent..
And tried to make that distinction with my comment about free speech and it being a right.

As to my comment about my possibly being banned here , who knows how things eventually turn out when things head toward disagreement?
I hold no special place here. As far as I know anybody except Jim can be banned.-Tyr

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 09:54 AM
Well my friend, please raise away then.
I did nothing but express my opinion on the millions hammering away with this rumor and helping the dems even if thats not their intent..
And tried to make that distinction with my comment about free speech and it being a right.

As to my comment about my possibly being banned here , who knows how things eventually turn out when things head toward disagreement?
I hold no special place here. As far as I know anybody except Jim can be banned.-Tyr

Hell, Jim banned himself. Ok, was sorta weird, but aren't we all?

While an alliance with Hillary or Dems is a hypothesis, not a rumor, the underlying reasons aren't. On Kelo Trump still agrees. On many issues that many of his supporters would not agree with, he's basically referred back to his long-held beliefs as where eventually would go. As we all would. Ultimately we stay true to what we've held, even when it appears to be something unexpected.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 11:13 AM

I've actually already considered the idea that Trump may be dividing the right on purpose. Can only speculate on the motive. If that's his idea of a plan to win, it's not a good one. Neither is saturating the media with his presence. I can't get him, Obama and Clinton off my tv.

Yes, we do have freedom of choice and people should not take it as a personal slight if one does not like another's choice. Remember back in the "old days" when people that wanted to remain friends NEVER discussed politics or religion? In some ways, that was a better deal.

I'm voting for whoever the GOP candidate is I agree with whichever one said everyone the GOP stage is better qualified to be President than the criminal the left is running. If it's Trump, so be it.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 11:18 AM
Hell, Jim banned himself. Ok, was sorta weird, but aren't we all?

He saw himself getting out of control.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 11:44 AM
He saw himself getting out of control.

It wasn't just him. 50% of that was me. It takes 2. I honestly do NOT get everyone getting so fervent about this political crap that they take it personally. If I attack a person, fine. A candidate? Not fine. The fact is, everybody's favorite pundit OReilly basically said everything last night about Trump everything that I have been saying. And I agree with him only some of the time.

At any rate, I apologize to anyone that thinks my analysis of their candidate is a personal attack because it is not meant that way. I think I've analyzed and/or criticized every one of them.

The Captain comes up with a dumbass plan and the Gunny tells him every reason it won't work. Then the Gunny figures out how to make it work, presents it to the 1st Sgt or Sgt Maj and goes from there. I think from and lead from MY lines and I don't overextend them. If anybody expects me to act like anything other than a Marine Gunnery Sergeant, they can think again.

Y'all civilians kill me. Seriously. Everything's personal with you (the ubiquitous "you"). Try to remember THIS: I served and fought and saw people die for your damned Right to choose and I don't want a damned one of you making those choices because "I said so". BUT, I also did the aforementioned for MY damned Right to choose as well.

Drummond
12-17-2015, 12:08 PM
Anything to tarnish and try to bring down the Republican front runner , right?
Anything to cast doubt , etc,right?
Anything to get conservatives to help dems in their bid to defeat Trump, right?
Anything goes, right?
Well hell, why am I not blasting all the other Republican nominees?
Maybe, I am just too damn stupid to understand how enlightening it is to help the dems?
Or too damn dense to know that I should vent my spleen about the huckster, the obama hugging Christie or the globalist , illegal invader loving Jeb Bush.. etc..

As is my right to express my views on what I see as a mistake in helping the dems in their bid to destroy our front runner.. nuff said.. -Tyr

Well said. Typical of a Leftie to come along with a particularly outlandish conspiracy-theory offering in the hope of dividing opinion, undermining reason for support, or even unity ....

... fairly bog standard stuff from the Left, I'd have thought. Why fall for it ?

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 12:14 PM
It wasn't just him. 50% of that was me. It takes 2. I honestly do NOT get everyone getting so fervent about this political crap that they take it personally. If I attack a person, fine. A candidate? Not fine. The fact is, everybody's favorite pundit OReilly basically said everything last night about Trump everything that I have been saying. And I agree with him only some of the time.

At any rate, I apologize to anyone that thinks my analysis of their candidate is a personal attack because it is not meant that way. I think I've analyzed and/or criticized every one of them.

The Captain comes up with a dumbass plan and the Gunny tells him every reason it won't work. Then the Gunny figures out how to make it work, presents it to the 1st Sgt or Sgt Maj and goes from there. I think from and lead from MY lines and I don't overextend them. If anybody expects me to act like anything other than a Marine Gunnery Sergeant, they can think again.

Y'all civilians kill me. Seriously. Everything's personal with you (the ubiquitous "you"). Try to remember THIS: I served and fought and saw people die for your damned Right to choose and I don't want a damned one of you making those choices because "I said so". BUT, I also did the aforementioned for MY damned Right to choose as well.
I think it's human nature to take it personally. Same with a sports team or athlete you're attached to.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 12:35 PM
I think it's human nature to take it personally. Same with a sports team or athlete you're attached to.

Societal nature. That human nature junk doesn't sell with me. But WHY? I don't get it. Why do people have to be so thin-skinned? I try my best to avoid truly insulting people but you civilians are a trip. Y'all wouldn't last a day around a rifle company. And you can call me desensitized, I guess. Somebody gets hurt, they get no sympathy. We accuse them of slacking and when I've broken my ankles, I was accused of the same. I never took it personally.

Why do you think most of the actual combat vets on this board say very little? Because y'all don't understand. (and again, not you personally- the ubiquitous you). Most don't even bother trying to explain becaue it falls on deaf ears or people are too busy getting their feelings hurt over something that to us is just goofy. It's just a different world and BOTH sides need to understand that difference. And I guess I need to pack it in like the other vets around here. I keep trying to explain it, and I'm just :bang3:

When I mean to be offensive to someone, there's no doubt in anyone's mind. Saying something you don't want to hear is not offensive. Y'all expect us to tiptoe around your sensitivities; yet, we get no consideration for how WE are. I never meant to offend Jim. My opinion is my opinion. If you want offensive, you can go check out my convo with a certain REMF squid that acts like a damned baby.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Others wonder the same:

I could have missed a few hundred threads on this but it seems that trump supporters don't really defend his viewpoints, they just keep yelling trump. I'm happy to be wrong.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 12:57 PM
I never meant to offend Jim. My opinion is my opinion.

Jim gets offended and then Jim gets over it. I don't hold grudges.

But I DO respond when I see things. I am not going to name specifics in order to avoid making things worse. But whether some see it or not, many (internet) are jumping on Trump supporters for little to no reason, other than they support him. Many a time it appears some are making it seem as if those supporters don't get things, or are somehow not as intelligent because they support him. Big difference between bashing Trump and bashing his supporters - it makes sense that when his supporters are bashed, that is bashing those here on the board that support him. You'll be very hard pressed to find anyone going after others because they support a different gop candidate.

"You don't get, what you don't get is, what they don't get is..." and much, much more. Why is it that if someone likes Trump that it somehow means they "don't get" something? Isn't is possible to have folks like different candidates, and then come full circle in the end and support the nominee? I've seen folks here support Fiorina, Carson, Cruz and Rubio and I think that's awesome! I have no need to jump on those candidates myself, and surely not ".... supporters" of any candidate.

You can jump on Trump from now until 2017 and it won't bother me in the slightest bit. Bash supporters and imply they don't get things and aren't quite as smart as others - well then yeah, I might take it a little personally. Jump on me because I make a Trump thread, while others are barely spending a nanosecond on other candidates, I might get a little testy about it. I understand you may not like seeing him on your TV set, or multiple threads, but that's hardly my fault and hardly makes me somehow less intelligent or unable to see things that others can.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 12:57 PM
I could have missed a few hundred threads on this but it seems that trump supporters don't really defend his viewpoints, they just keep yelling trump. I'm happy to be wrong.

Like I've said before, I see "x's" and "o's". And I don't like the pieces because the pawns on my side are all dead. And in 50 years of playing chess, I've won 1 time with my king.

Drummond
12-17-2015, 12:58 PM

So, FJ, you've gone from being critical of Trump, to expanding this to an unflattering judgement of all the staunch Conservatives who feel inclined to support him ? H'm.

I'm fond of offering you challenges and see you fail to take them up. Here's another one for you - let's see you answer, and straightforwardly so (.. and why not, eh ?) ....

..... Which Republican candidate will you declare your support for, here on this thread, FJ .. ?

If anyone at all:laugh:, care to give us your reasoning ?

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:02 PM

Here we go again with the "Trump supporters...". And I've seen many defend viewpoints. There was just a LONG thread on his viewpoint about banning muslims. I believe you were involved in that thread. There have been tons of threads about him and what he wants to do with illegal immigration. You were involved in many of those threads. I've defended his viewpoint on foreign trade - with you previously. Many of us defended his viewpoint on the Iranian deal that Obama made. Last but not least - many of you have stated over and over and over about his viewpoints, and that he has no plans, and I've posted them and then the accusations that he has no plans go silent.

Deja vu. Again.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:03 PM
..... Which Republican candidate will you declare your support for, here on this thread, FJ .. ?

Never mind now!! There's too many months of Trump bashing to go before they have to worry about who else is even running. :laugh:

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:11 PM
So, FJ...

Your imagination is not the topic.

Deja vu. Again.

I think we can all agree that he has plans. Now we need to know why his plans are better. Like I said, I'm happy to be wrong and missed the defense of why trump is better. Instead of 50 threads on his poll numbers how about a thread on his health care views or his tax plan or...

Abbey Marie
12-17-2015, 01:14 PM

I think we can all agree that he has plans. Now we need to know why his plans are better. Like I said, I'm happy to be wrong and missed the defense of why trump is better. Instead of 50 threads on his poll numbers how about a thread on his health care views or his tax plan or...

Here's a way for anyone to find out:

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/positions

Drummond
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM
Never mind now!! There's too many months of Trump bashing to go before they have to worry about who else is even running. :laugh:

... and I'm sure that those inclined to concentrate on bashing Trump will hate being diverted from those efforts.

Regardless, I'd rather not let FJ off the hook. He can answer my challenge. [One straightforward, candid post would do it]

... or ... not ........

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:17 PM

Then go back to the threads that YOU participated in and ask more questions. The topics WERE discussed and supporters DID answer questions and/or defend various viewpoints. Not my fault you didn't pay attention, were too busy elsewhere fighting or that it somehow wasn't good enough for your liking. His health and tax plans have been brought up in several threads, many threads. Then of course you wait till now to say no one was defending. Sorry, simply go back. Not my fault you don't like the line-up of threads. Bottom line, his points have been defended. That's on you if you didn't see them.

Of course those who that don't like Trump can start threads about other candidates if you have an issue with 50 threads. Oh, wait... ZERO threads by FJ - because he prefers bitching about Trump supporters and fighting with Drummond. You start zero threads and then complain about the lack of threads, or too many about Trump. Folks will post about what they like. I'm sorry that some of you seem to like nothing more than bashing Trump supporter. But I assure you, the board software will allow YOU to start threads too!!

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:19 PM

I've been told by quite a few that this only translates to "He will surround himself with good people" or similar. There are other sites that accumulate his positions and stances as well. I think it's a waste to post some of it, as it appears it simply doesn't get read.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:23 PM

I've been there frequently. And others.

... or ... not ........

Not. Because you ignore what you don't understand and proves you wrong.

Oh, wait... ZERO threads by FJ ...

Why add threads when there are plenty out there? If I've let any threads drop then that is my fault. I can only ask questions like I did the other day about health care, I can't make anyone answer. :)

Drummond
12-17-2015, 01:23 PM

Judging by your, ahem, 'accurate' rendering of my previous post, am I imagining that you're .. FJ ???

OK, I'll bite - who do YOU think you are ??:cuckoo:

... or anything that diverts from an even-handed consideration of what he thinks is of greatest importance ?

But no matter. Your point isn't without merit. Just diversionary from what has greatest and most immediate importance ....

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:25 PM
I've been told by quite a few that this only translates to "He will surround himself with good people" or similar. There are other sites that accumulate his positions and stances as well. I think it's a waste to post some of it, as it appears it simply doesn't get read.

Of course it gets read. His VA plan for example seems to be a combination of "hire great people" and privatization and other deregulatory actions. It didn't sound groundbreaking or anything not that it needs to be.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:28 PM
Judging by...

I can wait for something substantive from you; Keep trying. In the meantime.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Jim gets offended and then Jim gets over it. I don't hold grudges.

But I DO respond when I see things. I am not going to name specifics in order to avoid making things worse. But whether some see it or not, many (internet) are jumping on Trump supporters for little to no reason, other than they support him. Many a time it appears some are making it seem as if those supporters don't get things, or are somehow not as intelligent because they support him. Big difference between bashing Trump and bashing his supporters - it makes sense that when his supporters are bashed, that is bashing those here on the board that support him. You'll be very hard pressed to find anyone going after others because they support a different gop candidate.

"You don't get, what you don't get is, what they don't get is..." and much, much more. Why is it that if someone likes Trump that it somehow means they "don't get" something? Isn't is possible to have folks like different candidates, and then come full circle in the end and support the nominee? I've seen folks here support Fiorina, Carson, Cruz and Rubio and I think that's awesome! I have no need to jump on those candidates myself, and surely not ".... supporters" of any candidate.

You can jump on Trump from now until 2017 and it won't bother me in the slightest bit. Bash supporters and imply they don't get things and aren't quite as smart as others - well then yeah, I might take it a little personally. Jump on me because I make a Trump thread, while others are barely spending a nanosecond on other candidates, I might get a little testy about it. I understand you may not like seeing him on your TV set, or multiple threads, but that's hardly my fault and hardly makes me somehow less intelligent or unable to see things that others can.

I don't jump on Trump supporters. I've already said I'll support Donald Duck if he's running against Hillary. My point is not to marginalize you nor anyone else. It's to point out the flaws in Trump's antics. The fact is, he's appealing to anger, and anger is an emotion. That isn't a knock on you nor anyone else that supports Trump. Nor am I saying Trump supporters are not as smart as anyone else. I never meant for what I said to be taken that way. I'm as angry as any other 3 people and have a temper to go with it. And YOU know it.

There's this acronym in the military called "OSMEAC" Operations, Situation, Mission, Execution, Admin and logistics, Command and Control. And no, I didn't have to look it up. :) THAT is how I look at things. THAT is how I look at things. My personal feelings are nowhere in there. I want to accomplish the mission. The Dems need to be gone. But you have to be able to address your own weaknesses before you ever step foot in the field. I'm not criticizing anyone personally. I'm looking at the field.

Whoever you think is jumping personally on Trump fans, you can uninclude me. I point out his weaknesses. I can do it for anyone else in the run except Hillary because she isn't being held accountable for hers.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:29 PM
Why add threads when there are plenty out there? If I've let any threads drop then that is my fault. I can only ask questions like I did the other day about health care, I can't make anyone answer. :)

Sure, you keep telling yourself that. Folks have been involved and defending Trump since he announced he was in. Now you want to complain, and claim that his supporters don't defend his viewpoints, that they seemingly run around and just go "Trump" as you put it. That's a load of shit and/or you're blind.

And it takes balls for someone to complain about the threads here, while they continue to fight non-stop with someone and crap up every other thread. Maybe folks start new threads at times to avoid THAT crap?

Thanks, but no thanks. I won't let you dictate what I post. And I'll try to do my best and not laugh when you say no one has defended Trumps positions. Or, if you want to stick to that - how about this - $50 right now, I go back and quote at least 50x that members have supported his positions. How's that? Better yet, how about just 40x by little 'ol self? 50 for all or 40 by just me? Either way, would blow your claim out of the water. via Paypal to the winner. Stand by your words, should I start searching?

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Sure, you keep telling yourself that.

As I said, I'm happy to be wrong.

And FWIW, I'm not to NOT fight with members. :)

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 01:33 PM
I don't jump on Trump supporters. I've already said I'll support Donald Duck if he's running against Hillary. My point is not to marginalize you nor anyone else. It's to point out the flaws in Trump's antics. The fact is, he's appealing to anger, and anger is an emotion. That isn't a knock on you nor anyone else that supports Trump. Nor am I saying Trump supporters are not as smart as anyone else. I never meant for what I said to be taken that way. I'm as angry as any other 3 people and have a temper to go with it. And YOU know it.

There's this acronym in the military called "OSMEAC" Operations, Situation, Mission, Execution, Admin and logistics, Command and Control. And no, I didn't have to look it up. :) THAT is how I look at things. THAT is how I look at things. My personal feelings are nowhere in there. I want to accomplish the mission. The Dems need to be gone. But you have to be able to address your own weaknesses before you ever step foot in the field. I'm not criticizing anyone personally. I'm looking at the field.

Whoever you think is jumping personally on Trump fans, you can uninclude me. I point out his weaknesses. I can do it for anyone else in the run except Hillary because she isn't being held accountable for hers.

From MY vantage point? Seems like that emotion, that anger you speak of, is why the anti-Trumpers are not fond of him. I see most Trump supporters as happy with him, and then the anger comes from some here and others around the nation, based on his positions or his comments. Perhaps anger with the direction of the country is what lead to those comments, but I think the anger we see on the board is mostly coming from those that don't like Trump and don't think his supporters "get it" or those that claim after ALL of this back and forth, that nothing at all was done to defend Trump. I see more anger in those things, IMO.

Drummond
12-17-2015, 01:41 PM
Not. Because you ignore what you don't understand and proves you wrong.

:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

I challenged you to answer:

Which Republican candidate will you declare your support for, here on this thread, FJ .. ?

I expected you to duck the challenge ... though even I'm surprised by how bluntly you've done it.

I wanted you to answer that question. I also wanted you to supply your reasoning for your choice. And .. you're not doing it.

'Funny', eh, how when you're sufficiently challenged, sufficiently TESTED, you keep FAILING those tests, eh, FJ ?

Here's what I think.

Exactly as I've persisted in saying, in truth, YOU ARE A LEFTIE. This would make it difficult for you to reasonably support any Republican candidate (and you've failed to, sure enough ..).

Worse -- IF you'd come up with any such preference, to actually defend your choice, you'd have needed to go through thought-processes which were Right wing in nature, and express them. It stands to reason that a Leftie would find this very difficult to do, especially convincingly so, to an audience of Right-wing thinkers !!!

I warned you about that .. to be a convincing 'Rightie', you need to demonstrate Right-wing thinking in some measure of detail. This is why, instead, you prefer pedantic sniping to offering, proactively, your own thoughts.

So, here, AGAIN, you've failed a challenge which would've helped establish credible bona fides.

Of course you have.

And I've a theory. Can you only go so far in the way you 'sell' yourself, because you know your performance will be scrutinised by 'comrades' of yours, who'd be inclined to disapprove if you go too far ?

Don't tell me this is all my 'imagination'. Fact is, you keep failing challenges set for you. Challenges which, IF you were GENUINE, you could MEET.

Definitely QED, & then some. You're NOT for real.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:44 PM
You're NOT for real.

You ignore what proves you wrong and don't understand.

Abbey Marie
12-17-2015, 01:46 PM
Of course it gets read. His VA plan for example seems to be a combination of "hire great people" and privatization and other deregulatory actions. It didn't sound groundbreaking or anything not that it needs to be.

I don't know what you are reading- his positions are about as specific as anyone else's. You don't have to like them, but there are detailed lists. Are you now arguing that they just aren't ground-breaking? That is a very different argument from "he has no plans".

Drummond
12-17-2015, 01:53 PM
You ignore what proves you wrong and don't understand.:lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

I wonder why you bother, FJ. What you truly are became obvious to me, a rather long time ago. These days, I'm 'reduced' to offering challenges which I know you'll duck. You've done it again, as is clearly shown.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:56 PM
I don't know what you are reading- his positions are about as specific as anyone else's. You don't have to like them, but there are detailed lists. Are you now arguing that they just aren't ground-breaking? That is a very different argument from "he has no plans".

I think we can move on from "he has no plans" but I don't particularly think anyone needs to be groundbreaking at this point and I agree that he has specifics. His site is far more specific than what I found on Cruz's site for example. But what should we be deciding at this point? Who is the best leader? Who is most conservative? Who can best explain conservatism? Who is most electable?

In a non-trump election year we have a general winnowing of candidates as the process moves on and no one is hell bent on one or the other; Some of my initial support over the years did not result in a President Forbes nor a President Giuliani for example. IMO trump in the race has made this a more divisive year than most.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 01:57 PM
... I'm 'reduced' ...

You've reduced yourself to a troll who pesters for answers and then ignores the answers he gets anyway. I answer you in threads and then you just start down the same path again some other thread.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 01:58 PM
From MY vantage point? Seems like that emotion, that anger you speak of, is why the anti-Trumpers are not fond of him. I see most Trump supporters as happy with him, and then the anger comes from some here and others around the nation, based on his positions or his comments. Perhaps anger with the direction of the country is what lead to those comments, but I think the anger we see on the board is mostly coming from those that don't like Trump and don't think his supporters "get it" or those that claim after ALL of this back and forth, that nothing at all was done to defend Trump. I see more anger in those things, IMO.

Might want to listen to your own favorite pundits on Fox News because they are all saying the same thing: Trump is tapping into the anger of a certain percentage of the crowd. The problem is, we DO "get it". And when your emotion controls your decisions, the outcome usually sucks. That is an observation based on experience, not an insult at people who react emotionally. I actually don't care who you like. No offense there either. It's your Right, and YOUR business. I didn't serve 21 years for you to NOT have that Right.

One thing I've noticed though throughout the past year is that some people think if you disagree with them you're calling them stupid. How about you're just different? Honestly and to the point, I think ALL civilians are goofs. Y'all worry about and fuss about the dumbest shit. And all of y'all think I'm an asshole. It goes BOTH ways. That difference is what make us who we are. Individuals. I can wire an electrical panel in 2 hours and will climb a 15 foot ladder like a monkey. We're ALL good at something. And I can't replace the batteries in a baby swing because my hands are too big so if you decide to start a computer building company, don't call me.

That difference is why I served. The freedom to be who we are. You're doing what you are accusing others of. If we don't like trump we suck. This has gone beyond Trump and is in the realm of respect for others Rights to their opinions. I'll also point out this what left is sitting back and laughing at ... us turning on each other.

While I love individual freedom and rights, there are times we have to come together as a team to defeat the enemy.

Drummond
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
You've reduced yourself to a troll who pesters for answers and then ignores the answers he gets anyway. I answer you in threads and then you just start down the same path again some other thread.

I 'ignore' the answers I 'get' ??

Well, if you've already said which Conservative you're supporting, and if you've detailed WHY, then why not just direct me to the appropriate thread & post(s), or just repeat its text ?

You want to claim you AREN'T ducking my questions ? OK, prove it.

Abbey Marie
12-17-2015, 02:03 PM
I think we can move on from "he has no plans" but I don't particularly think anyone needs to be groundbreaking at this point and I agree that he has specifics. His site is far more specific than what I found on Cruz's site for example. But what should we be deciding at this point? Who is the best leader? Who is most conservative? Who can best explain conservatism? Who is most electable?

In a non-trump election year we have a general winnowing of candidates as the process moves on and no one is hell bent on one or the other; Some of my initial support over the years did not result in a President Forbes nor a President Giuliani for example. IMO trump in the race has made this a more divisive year than most.

I have been saying here for a while now that these are early times, and I'm open to and will vote for any of the R candidates. I have also said while I at this point like Carson and Cruz best, and am not sold on Trump, I don't understand the visceral anti-response to Trump that seemed to materialize overnight amongst Conservatives.

But most of all, and I mean "universe-sized" most-of-all, if we Conservatives don't stick together, and stop looking for the mote in each others' candidates' eye, all may be lost.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 02:04 PM
I 'ignore' the answers I 'get' ??

Yes. Besides I ignore your "challenges" when you blather on with your leftie ignorance so if you would like to have a discussion check it at the door. :)

Drummond
12-17-2015, 02:08 PM
Yes. Besides I ignore your "challenges" when you blather on with your leftie ignorance so if you would like to have a discussion check it at the door. :):lame2::lame2::lame2::lame2:

... ducked AGAIN.

But of course.

I needn't comment further. It'd only be to restate what must be extremely obvious by now - LEFTIE.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 02:11 PM
I have been saying here for a while now that these are early times, and I'm open to and will vote for any of the R candidates. I have also said while I at this point like Carson and Cruz best, and am not sold on Trump, I don't understand the visceral anti-response to Trump that seemed to materialize overnight amongst Conservatives.

But most of all, and I mean "universe-sized" most-of-all, if we Conservatives don't stick together, and stop looking for the mote in each others' candidates' eye, all may be lost.

Almost any of them are better. I like Carson as a man but not as a candidate. I've heard it said that Cruz is the most conservative but Rubio exudes the most compassion. Be that as it may I think Cruz, Rubio, Bush, and Kasich are the top 4 for me but Kasich is unlikely to move up, Bush has run a poor campaign, which leaves Cruz and Rubio.

I just have an awful feeling that trump is a roll up of Wilson and Hoover and will do the same for the Republican party as Hoover.

fj1200
12-17-2015, 02:12 PM
I needn't comment further.

Yet you will in complete ignorance of what I said.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 02:14 PM

I just want the infighting to stop. The VERY reason I came back here to this board is so I didn't have to feel like I was jumping off a bird into a combat zone. And we got a long way to go.

And I don't care about Trump beyond the fact he can't win. Same as with McLame and Poindexter the following election, people are going to say screw this and stay home. Might as well mail in the Hillary nomination. Trump alienates as many people as he gets riled up. He's got to appeal to more than just the PO'd right. There's not enough of them to swing the vote.

Drummond
12-17-2015, 02:14 PM
Yet you will in complete ignorance of what I said.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::lame2::lame2::la me2:

fj1200
12-17-2015, 02:15 PM
:lame2:

:dunno:

PixieStix
12-17-2015, 02:18 PM

A staunch republican? Of course that is outlandish.

By the way, I am a staunch American, I owe no allegiance to a party. They owe an allegiance to me and other republicans. To support Donald Trump if he carries enough states, to support their front runner . They need to stop acting like a bunch of liberals.

But alas, Donald Trump is not leaving the party.

You didn't watch the debate on Tuesday? Where he says he is not leaving the party?

Nice conspiracy theory

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 02:24 PM
Might want to listen to your own favorite pundits on Fox News because they are all saying the same thing: Trump is tapping into the anger of a certain percentage of the crowd. The problem is, we DO "get it". And when your emotion controls your decisions, the outcome usually sucks. That is an observation based on experience, not an insult at people who react emotionally. I actually don't care who you like. No offense there either. It's your Right, and YOUR business. I didn't serve 21 years for you to NOT have that Right.

My favorite pundits? Care to point out whom they are, exactly? Considering I don't watch Fox news, or ANY pundits, I'm a little curious. I make my mind up for myself by READING and reading a LOT, and from around the world, even from liberal sources. Oh, and WE get it too, perhaps more so than others. The hatred I see oozing into the Trump threads is something I've seen from experience too.

One thing I've noticed though throughout the past year is that some people think if you disagree with them you're calling them stupid. How about you're just different? Honestly and to the point, I think ALL civilians are goofs. Y'all worry about and fuss about the dumbest shit. And all of y'all think I'm an asshole. It goes BOTH ways. That difference is what make us who we are. Individuals. I can wire an electrical panel in 2 hours and will climb a 15 foot ladder like a monkey. We're ALL good at something. And I can't replace the batteries in a baby swing because my hands are too big so if you decide to start a computer building company, don't call me.

Again, call out Trump, call out generalities - call out people on this board and THEN I will respond. Tell me I'm starting too many threads while starting none of your own, then I'll respond. As a few think there are too many threads on the same subject - I notice barely ANY threads from those folks on any other candidate. If you guys don't like Trump, why not advocate for another candidate, or at least start threads and point out the various good things on other candidates? I see many pointing out Trump stances and saying the suck, but outright refuse to point out another candidate with a better position and then post that position here - even when directly asked to do so.

Yes, it's ALL Trump, and those against him are just as responsible for keeping it that way. I don't see fallout from people posting about other candidates. I don't see any arguments at all from folks posting threads about other candidates. I've yet to see a single Trump supporter get on anyone for supporting someone else. A lot of the negativity from those against Trump is of their own doing.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 02:28 PM
But alas, Donald Trump is not leaving the party.

You didn't watch the debate on Tuesday? Where he says he is not leaving the party?

Nice conspiracy theory

Laughable, ain't it? Some of them think they have it all figured out. She would be the LAST human on earth I would listen to. If Trump doesn't get the nod, then #2 will stand up, and hopefully that will be Cruz. He's not leaving the party is correct.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 02:30 PM
I just want the infighting to stop. The VERY reason I came back here to this board is so I didn't have to feel like I was jumping off a bird into a combat zone. And we got a long way to go.

And I don't care about Trump beyond the fact he can't win. Same as with McLame and Poindexter the following election, people are going to say screw this and stay home. Might as well mail in the Hillary nomination. Trump alienates as many people as he gets riled up. He's got to appeal to more than just the PO'd right. There's not enough of them to swing the vote.

As indicators and other polls point out, like NT posted yesterday, it appears many are planning on coming out if Trump gets the nod. Folks mailing it in now, those might hurt of course...

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 02:34 PM

I have had a problem with Trump since the beginning, indeed I did allow myself to get too personal. I've backed off the personal, but not the problems with him. So far, all is proceeding as I thought and said it would. I am very sorry to see it, but a split will come if this continues.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 02:44 PM
My favorite pundits? Care to point out whom they are, exactly? Considering I don't watch Fox news, or ANY pundits, I'm a little curious. I make my mind up for myself by READING and reading a LOT, and from around the world, even from liberal sources. Oh, and WE get it too, perhaps more so than others. The hatred I see oozing into the Trump threads is something I've seen from experience too.

Again, call out Trump, call out generalities - call out people on this board and THEN I will respond. Tell me I'm starting too many threads while starting none of your own, then I'll respond. As a few think there are too many threads on the same subject - I notice barely ANY threads from those folks on any other candidate. If you guys don't like Trump, why not advocate for another candidate, or at least start threads and point out the various good things on other candidates? I see many pointing out Trump stances and saying the suck, but outright refuse to point out another candidate with a better position and then post that position here - even when directly asked to do so.

Yes, it's ALL Trump, and those against him are just as responsible for keeping it that way. I don't see fallout from people posting about other candidates. I don't see any arguments at all from folks posting threads about other candidates. I've yet to see a single Trump supporter get on anyone for supporting someone else. A lot of the negativity from those against Trump is of their own doing.

I told you ... it was teasing. Sorry I left out the emoticon. It was early for me. Do I ever call anyone out? I'm pretty much benign unless provoked. I just don't don't like multi-peat threads. And you're right, I don't keep up. You babysit a 5 months old 14 hours a day and keep up with the crap. DO put it on video cuz I want to watch you suffer. I care about my grandkids more than anything or anyone else and y'all can go to Hell. I don't have time to read countless BS about the same damned thing nor what I posted in relentless threads about the same old crap. I've already said that.

I don't like Trump. He's an arrogant, loud-mouthed punk who needs to have his ass kicked and I see little difference between him and O-blah-blah. You don't like my opinion, tough shit. It's my opinion. I don't care who you like. You're taking this WAY to personally. You probably don't like a lot of things I do. Big damned deal. When this elections over, we STILL have to deal with each other. And I mean ALL of us. I don't know where you're coming up with this "anti-Trump" crap like it's a group.

He's not conservative and he doesn't represent my ideas and I don't want some angry asshole on the other side of the coin from Obama. At least Obama's too much of a pussy to push the button. Trump's so tempermental they'd have to install an extra failsafe so he couldn't.

And I have no problem with you and you need to quit taking it so personally. I don't think less of you nor that you are dumb because you support Trump. I'm arguing against HIM, not you.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 02:50 PM
I told you ... it was teasing. Sorry I left out the emoticon. It was early for me. Do I ever call anyone out? I'm pretty much benign unless provoked. I just don't don't like multi-peat threads. And you're right, I don't keep up. You babysit a 5 months old 14 hours a day and keep up with the crap. DO put it on video cuz I want to watch you suffer. I care about my grandkids more than anything or anyone else and y'all can go to Hell. I don't have time to read countless BS about the same damned thing nor what I posted in relentless threads about the same old crap. I've already said that.

I don't like Trump. He's an arrogant, loud-mouthed punk who needs to have his ass kicked and I see little difference between him and O-blah-blah. You don't like my opinion, tough shit. It's my opinion. I don't care who you like. You're taking this WAY to personally. You probably don't like a lot of things I do. Big damned deal. When this elections over, we STILL have to deal with each other. And I mean ALL of us. I don't know where you're coming up with this "anti-Trump" crap like it's a group.

He's not conservative and he doesn't represent my ideas and I don't want some angry asshole on the other side of the coin from Obama. At least Obama's too much of a pussy to push the button. Trump's so tempermental they'd have to install an extra failsafe so he couldn't.

And I have no problem with you and you need to quit taking it so personally. I don't think less of you nor that you are dumb because you support Trump. I'm arguing against HIM, not you.

Gunny, quite frankly, I really don't give a fuck what your take is on Trump. After so much hot air one learns to move over a little and avoid that air. You say you wouldn't vote for Trump yesterday, and today you say you will. You talk shit to Trump supporters, then say you don't and not to take it so personally. You're all over the field.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 02:54 PM
As indicators and other polls point out, like NT posted yesterday, it appears many are planning on coming out if Trump gets the nod. Folks mailing it in now, those might hurt of course...

And something else I know. Walk away and I will. I never meant anything personally to anyone about Trump and I have no idea where you are getting this idea from. But you KNOW I'll stand and fight. Let it go.

If Trump gets the nod I'm voting for him to vote against the Dems. Simple as that. It doesn't mean we can't discuss strengths and weaknesses.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Gunny, quite frankly, I really don't give a fuck what your take is on Trump. After so much hot air one learns to move over a little and avoid that air. You say you wouldn't vote for Trump yesterday, and today you say you will. You talk shit to Trump supporters, then say you don't and not to take it so personally. You're all over the field.

No, I'm not all over the field. Everything I've said has been consistent, and you can't help but be all over the place if you want to post in a hundred Trump threads. My opinion's the same in each one. You want me to post here but if I have a bazillion Trump threads to post in my answer's going to be the same. Everything isn't about Trump -- unlike his opinion of himself. But everything IS about Trump where he is concerned. Consider THAT.

The only hot air comes from Trump. Making promises he can't keep. Let it go.

jimnyc
12-17-2015, 03:06 PM
No, I'm not all over the field. Everything I've said has been consistent, and you can't help but be all over the place if you want to post in a hundred Trump threads. My opinion's the same in each one. You want me to post here but if I have a bazillion Trump threads to post in my answer's going to be the same. Everything isn't about Trump -- unlike his opinion of himself. But everything IS about Trump where he is concerned. Consider THAT.

Never mind, edited my post, you simply just ain't worth it. But I do have some friendly advice - you DO have the ability to avoid Trump threads if you can't control yourself.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 04:32 PM
Societal nature. That human nature junk doesn't sell with me. But WHY? I don't get it. Why do people have to be so thin-skinned? I try my best to avoid truly insulting people but you civilians are a trip. Y'all wouldn't last a day around a rifle company. And you can call me desensitized, I guess. Somebody gets hurt, they get no sympathy. We accuse them of slacking and when I've broken my ankles, I was accused of the same. I never took it personally.

Why do you think most of the actual combat vets on this board say very little? Because y'all don't understand. (and again, not you personally- the ubiquitous you). Most don't even bother trying to explain becaue it falls on deaf ears or people are too busy getting their feelings hurt over something that to us is just goofy. It's just a different world and BOTH sides need to understand that difference. And I guess I need to pack it in like the other vets around here. I keep trying to explain it, and I'm just :bang3:

When I mean to be offensive to someone, there's no doubt in anyone's mind. Saying something you don't want to hear is not offensive. Y'all expect us to tiptoe around your sensitivities; yet, we get no consideration for how WE are. I never meant to offend Jim. My opinion is my opinion. If you want offensive, you can go check out my convo with a certain REMF squid that acts like a damned baby.

I don't know about the human nature thing. It's an expression I guess. But I went to seahawks fan's house last year. I told them that winning 6 games in a row against teams that sucked and with throwaway quarterbacks didn't impress me. I want to see them win against a real tram...
You'd have thought I had murdered their puppy in front of them. So transfer that to someone who likes x candidate. I told my mother in law last time why I didn't like Rick Santorum. And why. Same thing.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 04:33 PM
Never mind, edited my post, you simply just ain't worth it. But I do have some friendly advice - you DO have the ability to avoid Trump threads if you can't control yourself.

Why does it have to be like this?

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 04:46 PM
Difference between primaries and general

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Trump is the frontrunner and by far the most famous. Judging by polls, it looks like he will be the nominee unless the Republican convention takes it away from him. This is a Republican board. Of course there will be trump threads galore.

Perianne
12-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Trump is the frontrunner and by far the most famous. Judging by polls, it looks like he will be the nominee unless the Republican convention takes it away from him. This is a Republican board. Of course there will be trump threads galore.

If the Republican establishment take away what should rightly be his, it will signal the end of the Republican party. Whether he is the best candidate or not, if the members vote for him as their nominee, then the establishment should accept the will of the people.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 05:44 PM
If the Republican establishment take away what should rightly be his, it will signal the end of the Republican party. Whether he is the best candidate or not, if the members vote for him as their nominee, then the establishment should accept the will of the people.

Sounds right, but that's not necessarily how it works.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 05:45 PM
Why does it have to be like this?

I mean this in general sense. Trump and ani-trump fighting.

Perianne
12-17-2015, 05:53 PM
I mean this in general sense. Trump and ani-trump fighting.

As I have said, I am neither for Trump nor against him. I think whoever the party runs, we will lose to Hillary. But there is one part of me that thinks the Donald could rally unhappy people to his side. He has played this run perfectly so far. What's to think he won't continue? So, I give him a shot at being President over Hillary. He has accomplished a lot of improbable things in his life. And he has a lovely wife. And she has big boobs. That will pull in a few male votes for him. :)

Perianne
12-17-2015, 05:54 PM
As I have said, I am neither for Trump nor against him. I think whoever the party runs, we will lose to Hillary. But there is one part of me that thinks the Donald could rally unhappy people to his side. He has played this run perfectly so far. What's to think he won't continue? So, I give him a shot at being President over Hillary. He has accomplished a lot of improbable things in his life. And he has a lovely wife. And she has big boobs. That will pull in a few male votes for him. :)

And Hillary is ugly. I mean seriously ugly. The most handsome candidate always wins.

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 06:23 PM
And Hillary is ugly. I mean seriously ugly. The most handsome candidate always wins.

Well hopefully that holds up

Black Diamond
12-17-2015, 08:44 PM

A politician making promises he can't keep. Say it ain't so.

Russ
12-17-2015, 08:52 PM
I've said before that Trump is not my first choice but I'd be happy to know he was elected President. I'd actually be happier with Trump the President, than Trump the candidate.

And I can actually see why conspiracy-minded people would come of with some of the Trump-is-tanking-the-Republicans theories that Gabby mentioned in her original post. The theories are based on two things:
1. Trump is running an unconventional campaign that revs up a lot of conservatives but will probably anger Dems and maybe independents
2. Polls show that Trump would lose to Hillary, but that Hillary would lose to Cruz or Rubio.

The theories require you to believe that Trump would go through this campaign, spend a lot of money, and potentially damage his brand, just to help the Dems and/or the Clintons. Too far-fetched for me. Too many moving parts. And Trump cares about his money and fame too much, and doesn't play along with other people's schemes - he creates his own schemes.

Here's what I think Trump is doing:
- He really does want to be President
- He knows how to play people, and he knows how to attack people (remember Rosie O'Donnell?)
- He's saying things that will get people energized during the primaries, but will change his stance if he gets the nomination
- I don't think he will run third party, but he knows that using that as a bargaining chip will keep the party from messing with him too much.

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 08:59 PM
Actually Russ though I won't discount your two reasons, my concerns are based upon his past record and his convenient raising of some important issue, whenever heat is hitting the Democrats during this election cycle.

It maybe no more than coincidence or even perception, but that is where my opposition to him lies.

Gunny
12-17-2015, 11:40 PM
I've said before that Trump is not my first choice but I'd be happy to know he was elected President. I'd actually be happier with Trump the President, than Trump the candidate.

And I can actually see why conspiracy-minded people would come of with some of the Trump-is-tanking-the-Republicans theories that Gabby mentioned in her original post. The theories are based on two things:
1. Trump is running an unconventional campaign that revs up a lot of conservatives but will probably anger Dems and maybe independents
2. Polls show that Trump would lose to Hillary, but that Hillary would lose to Cruz or Rubio.

The theories require you to believe that Trump would go through this campaign, spend a lot of money, and potentially damage his brand, just to help the Dems and/or the Clintons. Too far-fetched for me. Too many moving parts. And Trump cares about his money and fame too much, and doesn't play along with other people's schemes - he creates his own schemes.

Here's what I think Trump is doing:
- He really does want to be President
- He knows how to play people, and he knows how to attack people (remember Rosie O'Donnell?)
- He's saying things that will get people energized during the primaries, but will change his stance if he gets the nomination
- I don't think he will run third party, but he knows that using that as a bargaining chip will keep the party from messing with him too much.

Good points.

fj1200
12-18-2015, 08:20 AM

I'm not sure of a process by which they can "take it away." Each state has particular rules on winning delegates and the convention has rules on what happens in the case of no clear winner.