PDA

View Full Version : Cat and hairballs

jimnyc
12-09-2015, 11:43 AM
Cat has been trying to bring up some hairballs for awhile now but seems to be having issues. I heard a small amount of butter may help. Or there are a few things you can buy from the pet store.

Any other recommendations?

Gunny
12-09-2015, 12:27 PM
Cat has been trying to bring up some hairballs for awhile now but seems to be having issues. I heard a small amount of butter may help. Or there are a few things you can buy from the pet store.

The sell cat food that is supposed to remedy that. If you'd stop shopping at the Dollar Store and get the furball some good stuff ...:laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Don't know about bringing it up, but there is a malt-flavored product in a tube that helps prevent them from forming. Our cat loved the flavor and would lick it off my finger. Sorry, can't remember the name, but we used to find it in the grocery store.

Bilgerat
12-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Here ya go

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/animalsandnature/simple-home-remedies-to-reduce-cat-hairballs/

Elessar
12-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Don't know about bringing it up, but there is a malt-flavored product in a tube that helps prevent them from forming. Our cat loved the flavor and would lick it off my finger. Sorry, can't remember the name, but we used to find it in the grocery store.

I remember that stuff, but cannot recall the name.

PixieStix
12-09-2015, 02:03 PM

Put a small amount of peanut butter in the jaw of the cat. They have no choice but to swallow it. And when they go to do their business, they will poop it out ;)