nevadamedic
07-11-2007, 10:27 PM
Story Highlights

Operation finds holes in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission system
In 28 days, government investigators set up fake company
They obtain a license and buy machines with nuclear materials
NRC says holes found by operation have now been closed

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/11/nuke.sting/index.html

I can't believe this. I thought they took care of problems like this right after 9/11. I wonder if any of our enemies have been sold any of this equipment before our Government did their investigation.

Nukeman
07-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Story Highlights

Operation finds holes in the Nuclear Regulatory Commission system
In 28 days, government investigators set up fake company
They obtain a license and buy machines with nuclear materials
NRC says holes found by operation have now been closed

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/07/11/nuke.sting/index.html

I can't believe this. I thought they took care of problems like this right after 9/11. I wonder if any of our enemies have been sold any of this equipment before our Government did their investigation.
Do you have any idea how many "machines" and other devices contain and use radioactive material....(ever see a EXIT sign)

The point here is that it was easy to obtain a NRC Liscense to purchase "some material" the material listed comes in minute quantities.

The amount that would be needed to make a "dirty bomb" would be huge, I for one can tell you that if you were looking to purchase that much material you would deffinitely raise a few eybrows...

This is a typical sensationalist article and thats it....

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Do you have any idea how many "machines" and other devices contain and use radioactive material....(ever see a EXIT sign)

The point here is that it was easy to obtain a NRC Liscense to purchase "some material" the material listed comes in minute quantities.

The amount that would be needed to make a "dirty bomb" would be huge, I for one can tell you that if you were looking to purchase that much material you would deffinitely raise a few eybrows...

This is a typical sensationalist article and thats it....

Oh...........