PDA

View Full Version : Altering quotes

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Going forward, we are asking that members no longer alter any other members quotes, even if it is abundantly clear. Not every person realizes they were altered and not every member is fond of allowing such.

Please, report any posts where this may occur going forward.

Edited to add: Members CAN still shorten another members post, if necessary. Removing of a video so that it doesn't load over and over. Lots of reasons to shorten a post.

Gunny
12-10-2015, 12:57 PM
Going forward, we are asking that members no longer alter any other members quotes, even if it is abundantly clear. Not every person realizes they were altered and not every member is fond of allowing such.

Wait, let's go back to this "Rule Change" crap. I have to avoid vulgarity? Damn, I'm screwed. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Wait, let's go back to this "Rule Change" crap. I have to avoid vulgarity? Damn, I'm screwed. :laugh:

I think we're too far gone for that one. When the owner spews filth out of his mouth (or I'm a potty mouth as Perianne says), then it's hard to reign in that one. :( Guilty as charged. :)

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:17 PM

Now, about that rule against lying, whining, and trolling... :poke:

Perianne
12-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Example #23 of why Jim is the bestest owner. Even if he does have a potty mouth. Thank you sir! :)

Gunny
12-10-2015, 01:23 PM
Example #23 of why Jim is the bestest owner. Even if he does have a potty mouth. Thank you sir! :)

Do I want to even know what "Example #23" is? Probably something else I'm not allowed to do anymore.

Perianne
12-10-2015, 01:25 PM
I hope I didn't have anything to do with this rule change.

DLT
12-10-2015, 01:27 PM

Oh....no he di'int!

LMAO!

DLT
12-10-2015, 01:28 PM

And we believe ya.

Honest.

:laugh:

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 01:30 PM
Oh....no he di'int!

LMAO!

Why is the change funny?

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 01:30 PM

A collective effort. :)

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 01:31 PM

You want me to shut the place down? :slap:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-10-2015, 01:37 PM

Hell , if he does that your ass would be banned immediately.
Already got ya on the altering other members posts shit you do 99% of..
Best remain silent and be thought a damn fool amigo--more you open your mouth the more people come to have no doubt on that about you. :laugh:-Tyr

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:38 PM
You want me to shut the place down? :slap:

:laugh: Of course not. It's the squeaky wheel rule. ;)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-10-2015, 01:38 PM

One of the best corrections I've ever seen you make... :beer: :beer: :clap::clap::clap:-Tyr

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:39 PM
Hell , if he does that your ass would be banned immediately.

Post examples or slink away please.

Perianne
12-10-2015, 01:40 PM

I don't say bad words, but I don't try to stop other people from saying them. Well, except for dates. But changing quotes makes a butt out of you and me.

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 01:43 PM
I don't say bad words, but I don't try to stop other people from saying them. Well, except for dates. But changing quotes makes a butt out of you and me.

And this one time, at band camp...

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:43 PM

I'm sorry that you're overly sensitive.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-10-2015, 01:44 PM
Maybe its to stop the trolling method rule ,one you use as a tool.
And just look who as the first to object--why you of course! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
You'd be objecting stronger were it not Jim doing the deed IMHO.
NOW, GO CRY IN YOUR CORNFLAKES AND STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT HIT YOU AND YOUR DIRTY TACTIC.. -TYR

Gunny
12-10-2015, 01:45 PM

You know what I find ironic about this? Only people that need rules need rule changes. Rules are generally the same on most of the boards I have posted on. I just use common sense, even when I go ballistic. I EXPECT to hear about it one way or the other.

I have to agree with FJ on this one (damn that hurts:laugh:). We ARE adults here. If someone here agrees with me about everything, I want to know who you are and how much you cost. If anyone wants turmoil, more than one of us can link you to a few other boards. We all for the most part just learn how to talk to each other, or not.

And I don't know the circumstances behind any of this. I'm responding to the topic. It's a double-edged sword. I say what I want -- you don't get to say what you want. It's a neverending battle. Starts with our President and works its way down.

I doubt Jim changed any rules just for you. My best guess is he read the opinions and made his own decision.

Perianne
12-10-2015, 01:45 PM
I'm sorry that you're overly sensitive.

Here is a good rule for you, fj. Do as Perianne does. It will make you a better person. Your life will be fuller and more enjoyable.

Gunny
12-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Here is a good rule for you, fj. Do as Perianne does. It will make you a better person. Your life will be fuller and more enjoyable.

Are you nuts? Or been hitting a bong? :laugh2:

Drummond
12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
And just look who as the first to object--why you of course! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
NOW, GO CRY IN YOUR CORNFLAKES AND STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT HIT YOU AND YOUR DIRTY TACTIC.. -TYR:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Drummond
12-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Here is a good rule for you, fj. Do as Perianne does. It will make you a better person. Your life will be fuller and more enjoyable.:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:53 PM
NOW, GO CRY IN YOUR CORNFLAKES AND STOP COMPLAINING BECAUSE IT HIT YOU AND YOUR DIRTY TACTIC.. -TYR

Who's crying? Whining knuckleheads have been further identified. Great job of not posting examples though. ;)

fj1200
12-10-2015, 01:55 PM
A good rule for you, fj. Don't post as a racist does. It will make you a better person. Your life will be fuller and more enjoyable.

Wise words.

:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

And don't post like those who disagree. :)

Perianne
12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
And this one time, at band camp...

I don't get it. :(

Drummond
12-10-2015, 01:58 PM
Post examples or slink away please.

Well, I can 'post' one.

Or, to put it another way, FJ, I can leave YOU to post 'one'. In fact, you keep on doing it, post after post ...

Take a look at the identifier you post. It says 'fj1200', doesn't it ?

OK. Now, look at the single word that appears directly beneath 'fj1200'. What does it say ?

Hint: previously, it said 'Ultimate Thatcherite', and later, 'The One True Thatcherite'.

I take it my point is made.

DLT
12-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Can I put in a request here for further forum tweaking?

I would like to be notified if and when someone responds to one of my posts. It's just a setting, no doubt. Much appreciated. (lol)

DLT
12-10-2015, 02:02 PM
Why is the change funny?

Cuz....I like to poke fun at stuff?

Drummond
12-10-2015, 02:03 PM

Have you ever done a count of the number of posts you've added which have you strongly disagreeing with Conservatives on this forum ?

Because I will admit that I never have.

I'm not sure I'd live long enough to complete such a task ....

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:03 PM
I take it my point is made.

The only point you made is that you're a troll because you keep bringing it up.

Bilgerat
12-10-2015, 02:04 PM

Like not wearing shoes and underwear?

( I'm sorry, I just had to go there :laugh: )

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:05 PM
Oh geez, another trolling post.

Have you ever done a count of the number of posts you've added which have you strongly disagreeing with Conservatives on this forum ?

Never have.

Drummond
12-10-2015, 02:06 PM
The only point you made is that you're a troll because you keep bringing it up.

Actually, rather more to the point, YOU do. Am I not replying to a post where you did so .. again ?

Why not just represent yourself honestly ? Is that really asking so much .. ?

Drummond
12-10-2015, 02:08 PM
Never have.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::bsflag::bsflag::confused: :bang3::bang3:

Good grief. That's as outrageous a claim as you've ever made ....

Gunny
12-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Wise words.

You know you're kind of pushing it, right? She doesn't take this as humor. Don't get yourself in trouble over something stupid.

Perianne
12-10-2015, 02:10 PM

I would like to be notified if and when someone responds to one of my posts. It's just a setting, no doubt. Much appreciated. (lol)

We did that a month or so ago. The group decided it was a headache. While I agree with what you want, I am all for what is best for everyone.

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:10 PM
"A good rule for you, fj. Don't post as a racist does. It will make you a better person. Your life will be fuller and more enjoyable."

Wise words.

Seriously, am I reading this incorrectly? Did you alter her post on this one?

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Actually, rather more to the point, YOU do. Am I not replying to a post where you did so .. again ?

Why not just represent yourself honestly ? Is that really asking so much .. ?

Pay attention. An honest post is coming. Keep your eyes peeled. You might miss it. It's going to be groundbreaking. Earth shattering even. The foundations of your worldview will be shaken to their core. I'm not sure you can handle it. We might have to take the risk. Brace yourself. Are you sitting down?

Really, are you sitting down?

I'm concerned for your safety.

Put on a helmet so your head exploding will be contained for easier cleanup.

You ignore what you don't understand and proves you wrong.

BAM!!!

Honesty just blew your mind.

http://cronenbergmuseum.tiff.net/CNMCMS/appimages/image/collab/collab_sc_3.jpg

Gunny
12-10-2015, 02:11 PM
You know you're kind of pushing it, right? She doesn't take this as humor. Don't get yourself in trouble over something stupid.

Hey Jim you slacker, could we have like an FJ-Drummond thread instead of them hijacking the entire board daily? Where's THAT new rule? :laugh:

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:12 PM

We did that a month or so ago. The group decided it was a headache. While I agree with what you want, I am all for what is best for everyone.

You can at least subscribe to a thread and then you'll be notified of any responses to the threads you post in. But to narrow it down to say, only when someone "quotes" or replies specifically to you - we would be inundated with a few hundred notifications per day! And it would only notify you similar to rep/likes - not email.

Perianne
12-10-2015, 02:13 PM
http://cronenbergmuseum.tiff.net/CNMCMS/appimages/image/collab/collab_sc_3.jpg

This is the ugliest person I have ever seen. He must work for MSNBC.

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:15 PM

This thread will die down soon.

Seriously, am I reading this incorrectly? Did you alter her post on this one?

Satire.

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:15 PM
Hey Jim you slacker, could we have like an FJ-Drummond thread instead of them hijacking the entire board daily? Where's THAT new rule? :laugh:

That thread is called "the cage", where members go to make sure others don't have their time here interrupted by fighting and similar. It's a no win situation for me, no matter what I would do in such a situation. Pick a side, you lose. Ban from threads, you lose. Board bans, you lose. No matter which direction "I" try to steer things, me and the board lose.

Hence the ignore button, and the steel cage forum. :(

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Satire.

Please, can it. That's how it starts. You can correct someone without having to literally correct words, if that's what you feel you're doing. But to toss it directly into my face, when I'm working with all sides to make everyone happy here, uncool. Let's just move on from the altering of quotes.

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Please, can it. That's how it starts. You can correct someone without having to literally correct words, if that's what you feel you're doing. But to toss it directly into my face, when I'm working with all sides to make everyone happy here, uncool. Let's just move on from the altering of quotes.

My apologies and I will happily move on. :)

Perianne
12-10-2015, 02:19 PM
Like not wearing shoes and underwear?

( I'm sorry, I just had to go there :laugh: )

Here I am without panties and shoes. :)
Bilgerat.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8072&stc=1

Gunny
12-10-2015, 02:21 PM
This thread will die down soon.

Satire.

It might. And so will you. You're directly questioning Jim's authority. You're kind of entertaining to me even when you're wrong as Hell. Try to not get banned over something this stupid.

You might find it entertaining to alter people's posts but most people don't. Go back to fighting with Drummond. It goes to what I previously said ... knowing personalities. Perianne's afraid to say the wrong word. Not the person to pick on.

Drummond
12-10-2015, 02:25 PM
My apologies and I will happily move on. :):clap::clap::clap::clap:

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:25 PM
My apologies and I will happily move on. :)

'preciate it!!

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:34 PM
It might. And so will you. You're directly questioning Jim's authority. You're kind of entertaining to me even when you're wrong as Hell. Try to not get banned over something this stupid.

You might find it entertaining to alter people's posts but most people don't. Go back to fighting with Drummond. It goes to what I previously said ... knowing personalities. Perianne's afraid to say the wrong word. Not the person to pick on.

She's afraid to say the wrong word? Hardly.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not big on self introspection are you?

Drummond
12-10-2015, 02:36 PM

Not big on leaving things alone, are you ?

Elessar
12-10-2015, 02:41 PM
Just speaking as a former forum owner, Admin and Moderator in others, altering another
member's comments in a quote is a chicken-shit and childish tactic.

We had people do that in another place, and I would delete the whole post.

jimnyc
12-10-2015, 02:42 PM
For clarification... and I will update the 1st post in this thread...

Members CAN still shorten another members post, if necessary. Removing of a video so that it doesn't load over and over. Lots of reasons to shorten a post.

fj1200
12-10-2015, 02:42 PM

I'm not big on whining, trolling, and lying.

Elessar
12-10-2015, 02:53 PM
For clarification... and I will update the 1st post in this thread...

Members CAN still shorten another members post, if necessary. Removing of a video so that it doesn't load over and over. Lots of reasons to shorten a post.

That, I do often so it does not crowd the whole page with the same statements.
I will shorten it to the significant point I want to illustrate or discuss.
That is a whole lot different than altering comments.

Drummond
12-10-2015, 03:00 PM
i'm not big on whining, trolling, and lying.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

QED ....

Bilgerat
12-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Here I am without panties and shoes. :)
@Bilgerat (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=3372).

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8072&stc=1

:dance::panicsmiley::dance:

Perianne
12-10-2015, 03:14 PM

Remember, I am sugar and spice and everything nice. Yep, that's Perianne. Just ask anyone.

Gunny
12-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Remember, I am sugar and spice and everything nice. Yep, that's Perianne. Just ask anyone.

That's what they say about me too. I just think they spell it this way: a-s-s-h-o-l-e. :laugh:

fj1200
12-10-2015, 04:54 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Insane people laugh too. :slap:

Uh huh. If you keep repeating it to yourself you may actually believe it someday.

Gunny
12-10-2015, 05:09 PM
Insane people laugh too. :slap:

Uh huh. If you keep repeating it to yourself you may actually believe it someday.

Is THAT why I'm always laughing at your posts? :laugh:

fj1200
12-10-2015, 05:10 PM
Is THAT why I'm always laughing at your posts? :laugh:

It COULD be but depends on what I said. If it was humorous then no. If it wasn't then yes. :poke:

Perianne
12-10-2015, 05:36 PM

I do believe it. And someday you will too.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-10-2015, 05:57 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

fj is the lying, arrogant ass I knew he was. And yes he did alter her post and spit in Jim's face by doing so in my opinion.
And then he lied with the feeble as -satire- excuse/..
Typical lib tactics to the max..-Tyr

aboutime
12-10-2015, 06:10 PM
I'm not big on whining, trolling, and lying.

Just typical Liberal BS from you fj. Liars, and lies constantly repeated soon make EVEN YOU believe.

It's a standard of Hypocrisy, and Democrat Talking Points combined. Repeat YOUR LIES often enough and you eventually, always believe what you said. Thanks for proving it here.

indago
12-10-2015, 11:42 PM

Yes, STOP IT!

Black Diamond
12-11-2015, 12:01 AM
I altered Gunnys comment to say "all Arabs are sodomites " just in time. Glad I got that one in. It was awesome :)

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 12:10 AM
I altered Gunnys comment to say "all Arabs are sodomites " just in time. Glad I got that one in. It was awesome :)

Damn, made me laugh so hard and loud it woke my wife!!
But I still owe you for that good and funny zinger!!!! :laugh: :clap: -Tyr

fj1200
12-11-2015, 09:35 AM
fj

You get what you want and you still whine incessantly. I think it was all just a big distraction from the larger issue you can't make go away. :dunno:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 09:40 AM
You get what you want and you still whine incessantly. I think it was all just a big distraction from the larger issue you can't make go away. :dunno:

Actually you rarely think, and if you are going to quote my post -do not just quote just one word of it.
As you just did.. Seems you are just hellbent on not following the new rule.--TYR

fj1200
12-11-2015, 09:42 AM
Seems you are just hellbent on not following the new rule.--TYR

I completely followed the rule.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 09:45 AM

No you did not , you lying piece of shit..

fj1200
12-11-2015, 09:48 AM
No you did not...

:)

Edited to add: Members CAN still shorten another members post, if necessary. Removing of a video so that it doesn't load over and over. Lots of reasons to shorten a post.

indago
12-11-2015, 09:48 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT5otk2R1g

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 09:55 AM
:)
A laughable excuse..
So you quote for all to see that I wrote --- fj.
And pretend that actually served a purpose to inform readers here what I said that you are then addressing in your reply. Bull and you know it.

fj1200
12-11-2015, 09:56 AM
A laughable excuse..

That was an interesting method by which to apologize. :dunno:

Drummond
12-11-2015, 10:01 AM

As I said before ....

You insist upon keeping contention alive (.. and in order to NOT attack Conservatives here ??). But, as has been pointed out, the Steel Cage exists for the type of exchange you keep on trying to foment.

You could try using it, FJ. Better than your customary ....

:threadjacked:

.. behaviour.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 10:01 AM

Say, don't you live near Jeff?
I've been meaning to visit my friend Jeff for a long time now .
Wouldn't it be nice if the three of us could meet up somewhere?-Tyr

fj1200
12-11-2015, 10:06 AM
As I said before ....

Yes, yes. Repeatedly.

Wouldn't it be nice if the three of us could meet up somewhere?-Tyr

Why would I want to meet you? When you don't like what someone says, you shout. When you still don't like it, you shout louder. But I'm sure it would be so much more fun to be not threatened :rolleyes: in person.

But Jeff is very nice, good people. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

Drummond
12-11-2015, 10:08 AM

Here's a shortened quote (an extract) from a 'Jim' posting ...

Lots of reasons to shorten a post

The intended meaning of the message hasn't been lost in reproducing it. It means what it says. Shortening, in this example, is not offered for abusive effect.

When you shorten other's posts in quoting them .. can you honestly say the same ? If there are indeed 'lots of reasons to shorten a post', to ABUSE or MISREPRESENT that post isn't included in that.

That, FJ, is trolling behaviour.

Trolls have abusive intent ... and they persist. As you're currently doing.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-11-2015, 10:09 AM
Yes, yes. Repeatedly.

Why would I want to meet you? When you don't like what someone says, you shout. When you still don't like it, you shout louder. But I'm sure it would be so much more fun to be not threatened :rolleyes: in person.

But Jeff is very nice, good people. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.

I made no threat, just thought , people understand each other much better when speaking in person.
You know, my liberal side coming out and all.

What part of "wouldn't it be nice if"--did you not comprehend?-Tyr

fj1200
12-11-2015, 10:12 AM
Trolls have abusive intent ... and they persist.

Will you be persisting with another "Thatcherite" diatribe in the near future? It's a matter of when, not if.

I made no threat, just thought , people understand each other much better when speaking in person.
You know, my liberal side coming out and all.

I understand you pretty well.

Drummond
12-11-2015, 10:22 AM
Will you be persisting with another "Thatcherite" diatribe in the near future? It's a matter of when, not if.

You object to being reminded of your - now former - claim to being a 'Thatcherite' ?

Well, that's OK. I found it objectionable, too.

If your coming to realise how objectionable that was is now realised ... I'd have to conclude that my posting on that point had a worthwhile purpose, and effect.

Feel free to thank me, should you feel so inclined ...

fj1200
12-11-2015, 10:33 AM
You object to being reminded of your - now former - claim to being a 'Thatcherite' ?

I merely object to your trolling. I'm still a Thatcherite. :) I was hopeful that removing the reference would remove your internal rage.

Drummond
12-11-2015, 11:00 AM
I merely object to your trolling. I'm still a Thatcherite. :) I was hopeful that removing the reference would remove your internal rage.

Thatcherites don't denigrate other Thatcherites. Both your 'Ultimate Thatcherite' and 'One True Thatcherite' claims did exactly that.

I think you removed 'the reference' because even you came to understand that you couldn't credibly continue with them.

Kathianne
12-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Seems everyone got the announcement. Thread closed.