PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Vs. Bengals

jimnyc
12-13-2015, 12:45 PM
Just got back home from Jersey. So do I come back in a few hours very angry, or happy that my team won? :)

Gunny
12-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Just got back home from Jersey. So do I come back in a few hours very angry, or happy that my team won? :)

I wasn't aware there was an option here.

Gunny
12-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Hey, and whoever the NYJ fan is ought to be happy. Getting a win over the NFL doormat.:laugh:

Gunny
12-13-2015, 04:05 PM
The Deadskins cheated. Wonder how much it cost to pay off those ref's?

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 04:28 PM
The Deadskins cheated. Wonder how much it cost to pay off those ref's?

Refs and pussy rules are making the game unwatchable.

jimnyc
12-13-2015, 04:36 PM
Steelers win in another game that they didn't put out of reach until the end. But like their 4th or 5th game in a row with 30+ points, but they are also giving up too much passing yardage in return. The good part is that we knocked Dalton out of the game. A few other key players were out by the end of the day too. A very physical game, one that the Steelers won in that department. Still out of WC contention for now as the Jets and KC won today too. But at least we showed we could beat up on our division leader.

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Steelers win in another game that they didn't put out of reach until the end. But like their 4th or 5th game in a row with 30+ points, but they are also giving up too much passing yardage in return. The good part is that we knocked Dalton out of the game. A few other key players were out by the end of the day too. A very physical game, one that the Steelers won in that department. Still out of WC contention for now as the Jets and KC won today too. But at least we showed we could beat up on our division leader. lots of tough games coming up in AFC. Anything can happen.

LongTermGuy
12-13-2015, 05:08 PM
*Good win for the Steelers Jimmy Congrats!:beer:

LongTermGuy
12-13-2015, 05:10 PM

Dont watch...or change the channel...close your eyes quit bitchin:laugh:

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 05:14 PM
Dont watch...or change the channel...close your eyes quit bitchin:laugh:

It's the NFLs fault i am so angry. :cool:

LongTermGuy
12-13-2015, 05:25 PM
It's the NFLs fault i am so angry. :cool:

You know me by now...Just kidding man. Understand...its just a game..fight through the calls and win...or change the channel and go watch volley:laugh2: ball...

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 05:27 PM
You know me by now...Just kidding man. Understand...its just a game..fight through the calls and win...or change the channel and go watch volley:laugh2: ball...
Volleyball players look better

LongTermGuy
12-13-2015, 05:34 PM
Volleyball players look better

​They do!

http://vidworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/short-volleyball-shorts.jpg

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 05:47 PM
​They do!

http://vidworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/short-volleyball-shorts.jpg

Nice.

Gunny
12-13-2015, 05:54 PM

Yeah? It's background noise for me and I can watch another NCIS or Law and Order marathon only so many times. :laugh:

Black Diamond
12-13-2015, 05:57 PM
Yeah? It's background noise for me and I can watch another NCIS or Law and Order marathon only so many times. :laugh:

Buy some DVD sets :cool:

Gunny
12-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Buy some DVD sets :cool:

I've got plenty. Can only watch them so many times. I think I know every John Wayne movie by heart. :)

Gunny
12-14-2015, 03:17 PM
I'm going to get that highlights of Terry Bradshaw's career he says is 12 hours worth of more misery than having shingles. :laugh2:

jimnyc
12-14-2015, 04:48 PM
This made me happy to read!! :beer:

The Steelers Are in Better Playoff Shape Than People Think

If the N.F.L. season ended today — as the television announcers often say — the Steelers would not make the playoffs. They’re in the No. 7 position in the A.F.C., and only six teams make the playoffs. To add to its troubles, Pittsburgh has to play the 10-3 Denver Broncos this weekend.

But the Steelers’ situation is significantly stronger than most football broadcasters have suggested.

To understand why, it helps to use our playoff simulator. It allows you to choose the outcomes of any remaining games and see how those outcomes affect a team’s playoff chances. The simulator shows that the Steelers remain likely to reach the playoffs even if they lose to Denver on Sunday.

There are two main reasons for this surprising fact.

First, the “if the season ended today” framework can be misleading, and the Steelers are a good case study. Yes, it’s true that the Steelers (at 8-5) trail the Jets and Chiefs (also at 8-5) for the two A.F.C. wild-card spots, because the Jets and the Chiefs win the tiebreakers over the Steelers based on the games that the teams have already played.

But if all three teams win their remaining games, the Steelers will vault over the Jets in the tiebreaker procedures. (Pittsburgh’s final three games are against other A.F.C. teams, and intra-conference games are an important part of N.F.L. tiebreakers; see below for the details.) So in some ways, it’s meaningless to say that the Steelers would trail the Jets if the season ended today. The season won’t end today.

The second reason is that the Jets still face a fairly tough remaining schedule, making it unlikely they will win all three of their final games. In two weeks, they host the Patriots (11-2). In the season’s final week, the Jets travel to Buffalo and face their former coach, Rex Ryan, who no doubt would take solace from knocking them out of the playoffs. If Pittsburgh loses to Denver but then wins its other two remaining games, the Jets need to lose only once to let the Steelers in the playoffs.

Bottom line: Forget about those playoff-picture graphics that aired on television this past weekend. The Steelers, unlike the Jets, control their chances. And even a loss to Denver leaves them with a plausible path to the playoffs. If the Steelers can beat Denver — in Pittsburgh, which helps — they will need only to beat the lowly Ravens and Browns to guarantee a wild-card spot.

Tiebreaker details: The first wild-card tiebreaker is head-to-head games, but the Steelers and Jets do not play each other this year. The second tiebreaker is intra-conference record, and the Jets are currently 6-4 against other A.F.C. teams while the Steelers are 5-4. But if both teams win their remaining games, they will end the season 8-4 against A.F.C. teams. The third tiebreaker — record against common opponents — would then come into play.

The Steelers would be 4-1 in the two teams’ common games (beating the Browns twice and the Raiders and the Colts, while losing to the Patriots), while the Jets would be 3-2 (beating the Browns and Colts, losing to the Raiders and splitting with the Patriots in this scenario). As a result, the 11-5 Steelers would rank ahead of the 11-5 Jets. The same would be the case if both teams ended 10-6 — so long as the Steelers beat the Browns. That game — in Cleveland, on the final day of the regular season — actually looks like a more important game for the Steelers than this Sunday’s higher-profile game against the Broncos.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/upshot/the-steelers-are-in-better-playoff-shape-than-people-think.html?_r=0

Gunny
12-14-2015, 04:56 PM
This made me happy to read!! :beer:

The Steelers Are in Better Playoff Shape Than People Think

If the N.F.L. season ended today — as the television announcers often say — the Steelers would not make the playoffs. They’re in the No. 7 position in the A.F.C., and only six teams make the playoffs. To add to its troubles, Pittsburgh has to play the 10-3 Denver Broncos this weekend.

But the Steelers’ situation is significantly stronger than most football broadcasters have suggested.

To understand why, it helps to use our playoff simulator. It allows you to choose the outcomes of any remaining games and see how those outcomes affect a team’s playoff chances. The simulator shows that the Steelers remain likely to reach the playoffs even if they lose to Denver on Sunday.

There are two main reasons for this surprising fact.

First, the “if the season ended today” framework can be misleading, and the Steelers are a good case study. Yes, it’s true that the Steelers (at 8-5) trail the Jets and Chiefs (also at 8-5) for the two A.F.C. wild-card spots, because the Jets and the Chiefs win the tiebreakers over the Steelers based on the games that the teams have already played.

But if all three teams win their remaining games, the Steelers will vault over the Jets in the tiebreaker procedures. (Pittsburgh’s final three games are against other A.F.C. teams, and intra-conference games are an important part of N.F.L. tiebreakers; see below for the details.) So in some ways, it’s meaningless to say that the Steelers would trail the Jets if the season ended today. The season won’t end today.

The second reason is that the Jets still face a fairly tough remaining schedule, making it unlikely they will win all three of their final games. In two weeks, they host the Patriots (11-2). In the season’s final week, the Jets travel to Buffalo and face their former coach, Rex Ryan, who no doubt would take solace from knocking them out of the playoffs. If Pittsburgh loses to Denver but then wins its other two remaining games, the Jets need to lose only once to let the Steelers in the playoffs.

Bottom line: Forget about those playoff-picture graphics that aired on television this past weekend. The Steelers, unlike the Jets, control their chances. And even a loss to Denver leaves them with a plausible path to the playoffs. If the Steelers can beat Denver — in Pittsburgh, which helps — they will need only to beat the lowly Ravens and Browns to guarantee a wild-card spot.

Tiebreaker details: The first wild-card tiebreaker is head-to-head games, but the Steelers and Jets do not play each other this year. The second tiebreaker is intra-conference record, and the Jets are currently 6-4 against other A.F.C. teams while the Steelers are 5-4. But if both teams win their remaining games, they will end the season 8-4 against A.F.C. teams. The third tiebreaker — record against common opponents — would then come into play.

The Steelers would be 4-1 in the two teams’ common games (beating the Browns twice and the Raiders and the Colts, while losing to the Patriots), while the Jets would be 3-2 (beating the Browns and Colts, losing to the Raiders and splitting with the Patriots in this scenario). As a result, the 11-5 Steelers would rank ahead of the 11-5 Jets. The same would be the case if both teams ended 10-6 — so long as the Steelers beat the Browns. That game — in Cleveland, on the final day of the regular season — actually looks like a more important game for the Steelers than this Sunday’s higher-profile game against the Broncos.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/upshot/the-steelers-are-in-better-playoff-shape-than-people-think.html?_r=0

You need a life. Either that or you're 13 years old and not telling anyone. This looks like a Rev post. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-14-2015, 04:59 PM
You need a life. Either that or you're 13 years old and not telling anyone. This looks like a Rev post. :laugh:

You realize the first 5 or so words are mine, then the bold on down is an article? I didn't write that. Just someone who broke down what it will take for the Steelers to make the playoffs from here. Hate to break it to you, Homer, there are a lot of adults out there who watch football, and trends, and follow what it will take for their teams to get into the playoffs!! :poke:

Black Diamond
12-14-2015, 05:00 PM

Doesn't have the videos explaining the scenarios in which steelers make it including ties

Black Diamond
12-14-2015, 05:01 PM
I'm going to get that highlights of Terry Bradshaw's career he says is 12 hours worth of more misery than having shingles. :laugh2:

That one is better than the fucking Manning commercials. I can't wait for that fuck to retire

Black Diamond
12-14-2015, 05:02 PM
Jim's new crusade: steeler lives matter.

Gunny
12-14-2015, 05:12 PM
Doesn't have the videos explaining the scenarios in which steelers make it including ties

I saw most of their games from the time he was a rookie. Lived on the East Coast then. Where you can get REAL football games.

jimnyc
12-14-2015, 05:14 PM

"Steelers Nation" travels well! Yesterday i Cincy was almost like a home game, being so close to Pittsburgh. They take over a few stadiums, and always have a great showing elsewhere.

Gunny
12-14-2015, 05:16 PM
That one is better than the fucking Manning commercials. I can't wait for that fuck to retire

I loved Archie Manning. How many times will he get sacked this week? :laugh: HE was a football player. He took a beating every week. No line, no RB's and crappy receivers. The only kid he had that I liked was the one that was diagnosed with a disease and never got to play. Eli and Peyton would have never survived the beating their dad took.

LongTermGuy
12-14-2015, 05:20 PM

:coffee:
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Pittsburgh-Steelers-James-Harrison-Destroys-Sons-Participation-Trophies-And-Hes-Right-To-Do-So.jpg

LongTermGuy
12-14-2015, 05:25 PM
Steelers win in another game that they didn't put out of reach until the end. But like their 4th or 5th game in a row with 30+ points, but they are also giving up too much passing yardage in return. The good part is that we knocked Dalton out of the game. A few other key players were out by the end of the day too. A very physical game, one that the Steelers won in that department. Still out of WC contention for now as the Jets and KC won today too. But at least we showed we could beat up on our division leader.

*Like I said before..I want you guys to`Keep winning` ....secure your position ...:coffee:

Gunny
12-14-2015, 05:32 PM
:coffee:
http://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Pittsburgh-Steelers-James-Harrison-Destroys-Sons-Participation-Trophies-And-Hes-Right-To-Do-So.jpg

That ain't Mean Joe Greene. Need to have some old schoolers come out show these siss-wads how to hit something.