PDA

View Full Version : Article: Women in Combat

Elessar
12-14-2015, 12:09 PM
This was really well written:

http://www.newsmax.com/KathleenParker/combat-women-sere-defense/2015/12/13/id/705592/?ns_mail_uid=28698617&ns_mail_job=1646384_12142015&s=al&dkt_nbr=quzhq7xc

Abbey Marie
12-14-2015, 08:30 PM
I read this on FB today. She doesn't pull any punches.

Elessar
12-14-2015, 09:00 PM
I read this on FB today. She doesn't pull any punches.

She is much wiser than most.

Perianne
12-14-2015, 11:44 PM
I think there is a definite role for women. We are very good at caring for injured people. But I cannot imagine me in combat. I am too little and too weak to carry the heavy stuff that men have to carry. And I probably couldn't bathe daily like I require.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-14-2015, 11:59 PM
My stand on this is simple.
Combat requires the Strongest, Meanest, Toughest SOBS(TERM USED WITH ALL DUE RESPECT), that we can muster and women damn sure do not fit that bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a reason that nobody ever saw a poodle being used in dog fighting. Because its insanity..
I've seen cats that could beat any poodle.. -Tyr

Elessar
12-15-2015, 12:34 AM
I think there is a definite role for women. We are very good at caring for injured people. But I cannot imagine me in combat. I am too little and too weak to carry the heavy stuff that men have to carry. And I probably couldn't bathe daily like I require.

As a nurse, there really is, Peri.

Provide comfort and aid to the wounded that
only a woman can do. It can be soothing and
reassuring.

Combat arms is a completely different beast.
We have several combat vets here that are not
bigoted, but see the whole picture from a ground-pounder's
point of view and experience.

Perianne
12-15-2015, 01:41 AM
As a nurse, there really is, Peri.

Provide comfort and aid to the wounded that
only a woman can do. It can be soothing and
reassuring.

Combat arms is a completely different beast.
We have several combat vets here that are not
bigoted, but see the whole picture from a ground-pounder's
point of view and experience.
Elessar

I don't think it is bigoted at all. It is reality. My role in life is to be a mother, a wife, and a nurse who cares for and helps the sick and injured.

darin
12-15-2015, 02:23 AM
My role in life is to be a Father, a Husband (if I can find any female takers) and a mentor to my kids. I've done the combat jobs stuff. I can shoot move and communicate. But I'd rather communicate than shoot or move, at this point. :)

Bilgerat
12-15-2015, 08:28 AM
But I'd rather communicate than shoot or move, at this point. :)

Me too, I don't move so good

But I expect that you are like me, in that shooting (when required) would not be an issue :beer:

Kathianne
12-15-2015, 08:40 AM
She is much wiser than most.

I would say that she is much wiser than 'most' of the media. Most women I think would agree with her.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2015, 09:04 AM
Me too, I don't move so good

But I expect that you are like me, in that shooting (when required) would not be an issue :beer:

I can still move, shoot and think good. Put me in the woods with fine rifle, plenty of ammo, I can disappear and wreck unbelievable havoc on an approaching enemy. Trick is at every position ,have multiple exits pre-scouted--fire and retreat. Do as the colonists did to the Brits early on- use sharp shooting, terrain and tactics to max the effect!-Tyr

aboutime
12-15-2015, 04:34 PM
Only IF...this woman can be the EXAMPLE for women in combat.

http://youtu.be/1CnDR-2_edE

I think it has to be UP TO THE WOMEN. Personally. I suspect we won't find many volunteers from the Navy ranks, except...the Pilots.

Elessar
12-15-2015, 04:41 PM
Only IF...this woman can be the EXAMPLE for women in combat.

I think it has to be UP TO THE WOMEN. Personally. I suspect we won't find many volunteers from the Navy ranks, except...the Pilots.

Did you really have to post that worthless Hag?:lol:

Perianne
12-15-2015, 04:46 PM

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8100&stc=1

aboutime
12-15-2015, 04:56 PM

No! My apologies. But I couldn't stomach using one of Hitlery. So, I picked the Most Ugly, and Ignorant.

As for calling her a Hag. You should apologize to Hags everywhere for insulting them!!!:laugh:

Gunny
12-22-2015, 08:16 AM
No! My apologies. But I couldn't stomach using one of Hitlery. So, I picked the Most Ugly, and Ignorant.

As for calling her a Hag. You should apologize to Hags everywhere for insulting them!!!:laugh:

can just see either Hitlery oe Pelosi just trying to get through T-1. That would be a freakin' tragic comedy from Hell. If Hitlery could get that fat ass over the first obstacle Jesus would have to have something to do with it. And if I had to just look at and listen to Pelosi we're talking training accident.