PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic News For The Donald

Kathianne
12-15-2015, 06:08 AM
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/poll-trump-new-high-216741

<header style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">Trump hits a new high in national pollThe billionaire businessman surges to 41 percent after releasing proposal to ban all Muslims from entering the U.S.
</header><footer class="meta" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: proxima-nova, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;">By Nick Gass (http://www.politico.com/staff/nick-gass)
<time datetime="2015-12-14T12:00-0500" style="box-sizing: border-box;">12/14/15 12:00 PM EST</time>
</footer>

Donald Trump just got a little more vault in his ceiling. Nationwide, the polling-obsessed (http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/trump-polls-216640) Manhattan multi-billionaire and leading Republican presidential candidate broke into the 40s on Monday.

According to the results of the latest Monmouth University poll (http://www.monmouth.edu/university/monmouth-university-poll-reports.aspx)surveying voters identifying as Republican or independents leaning toward the GOP, Trump earned 41 percent, nearly tripling the support of his closest rival, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who took 14 percent.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/poll-trump-new-high-216741#ixzz3uO26i9qi

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 09:40 AM
The more some hate him, the more he rises. Some state that he is making the worst division ever. Where are the other folks? Are they not being polled?

Also, while still close in Iowa, I think he's already running away with NH, but that was just a quick glance at an article I read yesterday.

aboutime
12-15-2015, 04:59 PM
Let's all agree to get something very clear here...if you don't mind???

The Donald is...HANDS DOWN 100 Percent better for America than Obama could ever have dreamed.

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Let's all agree to get something very clear here...if you don't mind???

The Donald is...HANDS DOWN 100 Percent better for America than Obama could ever have dreamed.

Better than Obama, and better than if Hillary should get in. You and I agree on that one. Many don't agree with you though. Some on the GOP side would rather vote Hillary in office, or think he's literally the same as Obama.

gabosaurus
12-15-2015, 05:08 PM
My husband heard a rant on conservative radio when he was driving home from work last night. One of the guests, who supported Cruz, was charging that liberals were claiming to be Republicans and taking part in polling. They were all supporting Trump because they figure he would be easier for Hillary to match up with.
I have heard this type of charge before from supporters of Cruz and Carson. They believe Trump is sabotaging the GOP from within.

I believe there might be some basis to this charge. How else can Trump's stature in the poll be rising to quickly while other candidates are falling behind? Are Dems sabotaging GOP polling?

revelarts
12-15-2015, 05:31 PM
My husband heard a rant on conservative radio when he was driving home from work last night. One of the guests, who supported Cruz, was charging that liberals were claiming to be Republicans and taking part in polling. They were all supporting Trump because they figure he would be easier for Hillary to match up with.
I have heard this type of charge before from supporters of Cruz and Carson. They believe Trump is sabotaging the GOP from within.

I believe there might be some basis to this charge. How else can Trump's stature in the poll be rising to quickly while other candidates are falling behind? Are Dems sabotaging GOP polling?

I'd like to believe that's the case, but i think the republicans can't blame the democrats for this one.

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 05:49 PM

Perhaps there are a shitload of folks on the GOP side that like Trump? Some think there has to be something to it. Again, are those against him also being kidnapped and kept out of ALL polling? He's rising as MANY people like what they are hearing from him - whether some don't like that or not.

He's been also stampeding events with overflows and folks not being able to get in sometimes, while other candidates don't have that issue. Perhaps that's all liberals going to see Trump too?

I hate to say it, but as of right now, those against Trump are simply in the minority. And while so much time is spent by many in finding ways to condemn Trump, very little if any time is being spend on getting the word out of other candidates.

Call it some sort of inside job if you like, but that sounds retarded to me. I don't think he would be getting the numbers he is and the crowds he is - unless he has a lot of support behind him.

I do have a question though for those who dislike Trump - why aren't you guys making threads about other candidates? Why not get the word out? Why is the majority of everyone's time being spent on trying to say Trump sucks? Those that jump on the anti-Trump bandwagon, and do little to nothing to get the word out on others? Does this mean that nothing the others are saying, nor their plans, are even worthy of discussion?

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 05:52 PM
I'd like to believe that's the case, but i think the republicans can't blame the democrats for this one.

Same to you, Rev. Curiously, I've seen an awful lot of anti-Trump things from you - but who ARE you supporting? Is the election solely about bashing Trump? Who do you support most at this point? Why are you not posting "positive" stuff about whomever this is, instead of a lot of time on Trump things? Wouldn't it make sense for folks to remain positive about those they support and continue to speak about things they are speaking about? Can't blame the democrats is absolutely right. If their is another candidate more deserving than Trump, he/she is getting very little attention from those who don't care for Trump. That's what I don't get.

Perianne
12-15-2015, 05:55 PM
I am nearly 100% for Cruz now. The Republican elite hate him, so he must be okay.

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 05:56 PM
I am nearly 100% for Cruz now. The Republican elite hate him, so he must be okay.

I said it before, and I'll say it again - I'd vote for him in a nanosecond if he got the nod. I love Cruz. He's been one of my choices from the get go, along with Rubio, who I have since dropped. I think Cruz would be a phenomenal choice!

Perianne
12-15-2015, 06:05 PM
I said it before, and I'll say it again - I'd vote for him in a nanosecond if he got the nod. I love Cruz. He's been one of my choices from the get go, along with Rubio, who I have since dropped. I think Cruz would be a phenomenal choice!

I would love Cruz/Fiorina.

Elessar
12-15-2015, 06:37 PM
I would love Cruz/Fiorina.

I would not mind Cruz and Condi Rice, if she chose to volunteer.

aboutime
12-15-2015, 07:19 PM
Better than Obama, and better than if Hillary should get in. You and I agree on that one. Many don't agree with you though. Some on the GOP side would rather vote Hillary in office, or think he's literally the same as Obama.

Jim. Simple way to remedy any doubts they might have. Just ask them if...Hillary was running against the Donald. Would they prefer Hillary, and another Obama Term? Or, are they as serious about wanting AMERICA to survive, and get back to a LOVED, FEARED Nation again???

Not a difficult choice...unless they love Obama, and the way he has destroyed, and divided a Nation.

gabosaurus
12-15-2015, 07:20 PM
Perhaps there are a shitload of folks on the GOP side that like Trump? Some think there has to be something to it. Again, are those against him also being kidnapped and kept out of ALL polling? He's rising as MANY people like what they are hearing from him - whether some don't like that or not.

He's been also stampeding events with overflows and folks not being able to get in sometimes, while other candidates don't have that issue. Perhaps that's all liberals going to see Trump too?

People pack Trump events for the same reason why they use to go see Britney Spears. They want to see a train wreck.
If you go see Trump, there is a better than average chance that he will say or do something outrageous. Or else a protest will break out, like it did today.
Trump is guaranteed entertainment. Cruz, Rubio and Carson are dull as dishwater by comparison.

I predict a record audience tonight for a televised political debate. You know CNN is going to come after Trump with aggressive questions about foreign policy. The moderators should wear lion tamer costumes.
Tonight's GOP debate is not going to be about politics. It is going to be prime time entertainment played for ratings.

PixieStix
12-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Same to you, Rev. Curiously, I've seen an awful lot of anti-Trump things from you - but who ARE you supporting? Is the election solely about bashing Trump? Who do you support most at this point? Why are you not posting "positive" stuff about whomever this is, instead of a lot of time on Trump things? Wouldn't it make sense for folks to remain positive about those they support and continue to speak about things they are speaking about? Can't blame the democrats is absolutely right. If their is another candidate more deserving than Trump, he/she is getting very little attention from those who don't care for Trump. That's what I don't get.

Micheal Moore called on all his Facebook followers to go to the Trump Facebook page and call him Nazi, Hitler ect... It didn't work because Facebook did not allow it. That is what the left does. They are underhanded and pretend to be conservatives on facebook, and proceed to post as if they are racists and shit. They act like children. That is how they win. Just like that criminal Hillary. These people are not good people.

aboutime
12-15-2015, 08:06 PM
People pack Trump events for the same reason why they use to go see Britney Spears. They want to see a train wreck.
If you go see Trump, there is a better than average chance that he will say or do something outrageous. Or else a protest will break out, like it did today.
Trump is guaranteed entertainment. Cruz, Rubio and Carson are dull as dishwater by comparison.

I predict a record audience tonight for a televised political debate. You know CNN is going to come after Trump with aggressive questions about foreign policy. The moderators should wear lion tamer costumes.
Tonight's GOP debate is not going to be about politics. It is going to be prime time entertainment played for ratings.

Speaking of TRAIN WRECKS gabby. If any of us ever bothered to visit you. We'd be assured of seeing the same thing..DERAILED, and ALWAYS OFF TRACK.

Gunny
12-15-2015, 08:13 PM

He IS the same as Obama. A narcissitic megalomaniac. Running as a Republican doesn't make him different.

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 08:15 PM
He IS the same as Obama. A narcissitic megalomaniac. Running as a Republican doesn't make him different.

I simply disagree. But go ahead and vote for Hillary then. Not only won't I get mad if you support a different gop candidate, I won't care one iota if you vote for her either.

PixieStix
12-15-2015, 08:17 PM
I simply disagree. But go ahead and vote for Hillary then. Not only won't I get mad if you support a different gop candidate, I won't care one iota if you vote for her either.

One thing I have seen from Trump is how personable he is

revelarts
12-16-2015, 01:36 AM
Yes, it's all about bashing Trump. that's my goal, dream & sole purpose in life.
that's my bumper sticker "Trump for NOTHING" because he's a mainly a windbag.

look, last CiC election cycle it was sorta clear i was all onboard for Ron Paul.
But this season there's no one that really appeals to me.
I like Rand Paul, Carson, and Fiorina, the most among the Rs so far
and Trump, Christie, Huckabbe and Bush the least ---i dislike them---. (politically speaking i think Fiorina has the best chance against Hillary since she cancels the swing "its time for a woman for prez" votes.)
And if Bush were the front runner i'd be posting some ugly crap about him believe me.
So don't feel persecuted buddy, If i remember correctly you followed me around the board and basically harassed and attempted to refute me whenever i posted pro Ron Paul stuff Jim. So why are you so sensitive about my few comments about Trump when he's not your fav anyway, right?

Black Diamond
12-16-2015, 02:00 AM
The more some hate him, the more he rises. Some state that he is making the worst division ever. Where are the other folks? Are they not being polled?

Also, while still close in Iowa, I think he's already running away with NH, but that was just a quick glance at an article I read yesterday.

South Carolina may be the game changer.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 03:54 AM
Yes, it's all about bashing Trump. that's my goal, dream & sole purpose in life.
that's my bumper sticker "Trump for NOTHING" because he's a mainly a windbag.

look, last CiC election cycle it was sorta clear i was all onboard for Ron Paul.
But this season there's no one that really appeals to me.
I like Rand Paul, Carson, and Fiorina, the most among the Rs so far
and Trump, Christie, Huckabbe and Bush the least ---i dislike them---. (politically speaking i think Fiorina has the best chance against Hillary since she cancels the swing "its time for a woman for prez" votes.)
And if Bush were the front runner i'd be posting some ugly crap about him believe me.
So don't feel persecuted buddy, If i remember correctly you followed me around the board and basically harassed and attempted to refute me whenever i posted pro Ron Paul stuff Jim. So why are you so sensitive about my few comments about Trump when he's not your fav anyway, right?

Twas just some questions, Rev. I'm simply curious about the negativity for one guy, and lack of anything else for other candidates. Where you saw "persecution" or anything else is beyond me. Odd that this is the type of responses I am getting from anyone I ask questions of who isn't a Trump fan. Nothing but fights about Trump, and barely a peep about who supports other candidates. I was just hoping to find out who it is others are supporting at this point. Outside of the Trump supporters, I truly don't know who the others are supporting, as many have spent time on the Trump issue and little to no time in wanting to discuss the candidates they do support instead.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 03:56 AM
South Carolina may be the game changer.

Latest averages have Trump at +8 and +20

Drummond
12-16-2015, 07:31 AM

It's an old idea, possibly taken from the recent UK election of Jeremy Corbyn. Theory has it that, following a change in the election rules, Jeremy Corbyn was elected to become leader of the Labour Party BECAUSE he was so extreme a figure, someone the British public would never vote for in large numbers .. therefore, his election would make Labour unelectable in the next General Election. The change in election rules made it easier for people to register as Party members, and some believe that floods of Conservatives joined to ensure such a result.

I think you're just giving voice to a conspiracy theory, nothing more.