PDA

View Full Version : Students practice calligraphy by writing "There is no god but Allah"

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2015, 07:34 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/12/15/students-practice-calligraphy-by-writing-there-is-no-god-but-allah.html

TODD'S AMERICAN DISPATCH
Students practice calligraphy by writing "There is no god but Allah"

A Virginia school district is defending a classroom assignment that required students to practice calligraphy by writing the Muslim statement of faith, “There is no god but Allah. Muhammad is the messenger of Allah.”

Female students at Riverheads High School in Staunton, Virginia, were also invited to wear Muslim clothing -- a story first reported by The Schilling Show.

The school district convened a meeting on Dec. 11th to discuss the assignment with outraged parents.

The Muslim-friendly calligraphy assignment took place in a world geography class. The teacher had the kids copy the Muslim statement of faith, also known as the shahada.

“Neither these lessons, nor any other lesson in the world geography course, are an attempt at indoctrination to Islam or any other religion, or a request for students to renounce their own faith or profess any belief,” the district said in a statement provided to Fox News.

The Muslim-friendly calligraphy assignment took place in a world geography class. The teacher had the kids copy the Muslim statement of faith, also known as the shahada.

Parents told The Schilling Show that their children were not given the translation of what they were writing.

In other words, there were more than likely a few Christian teenagers in that room who had no idea they were writing, “There is no god but Allah.”

But the school district doesn’t seem to think that’s a problem.

“The statement presented as an example of the calligraphy was not translated for students, nor were students asked to translate it, recite it or otherwise adopt or pronounce it as a personal belief,” the district stated.

They said it was all about the art — not about the theology.

“They were simply asked to attempt to artistically render written Arabic in order to understand its artistic complexity,” they stated.

And out of sheer coincidence -- out of all the Arabic words and phrases the teacher could have selected, she picked the Islamic statement of faith?

The district said the assignment was consistent with the Virginia Department of Education Standards of Learning and the requirements for content instruction on world monotheistic religions.

And what about having the female students dressing up in Islamic garb — is that consistent with the state mandates, too?

The district said the students were taught about the “modest dress adopted by many in the Islamic faith and were invited to try on a scarf as a part of an interactive lesson about the Islamic concept of modest dress.”

“The scarf used in the activity was not an actual Islamic religious hijab,” the district stated.

The district said they also cover other religions -- including Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism and Hinduism.

However, one parent told The Schilling Show that while the Koran was presented to students, the Bible was not. The teacher reportedly declined to provide a Bible because all the students have either read or seen a Bible.

The district said there’s really not a controversy here. They just wanted students to participate in “hands-on activities intended to give them a better objective understanding of the region and its culture (including its religions and to allow for interactive learning.”

Perhaps the next time the kids at Riverheads High School practice their calligraphy skills they can learn a new word — “indoctrination.”

ffing lying LIBERAL bastards ARE OUTRIGHT LYING about it not being indoctrination!!
Why wasn't the sentence-- "Jesus Christ , our Saviour is the Son of the One true God."!!???

WHY DO WE KEEP ON SEEING THIS FFING SHIT FROM OUR GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM?

Answer is, the globalists are allied with dems/leftists/muslims and exert tremendous power and command in our sold out and corrupt government. --Tyr

jimnyc
12-15-2015, 07:37 PM
ffing lying LIBERAL bastards ARE OUTRIGHT LYING about it not being indoctrination!!
Why wasn't the sentence-- "Jesus Christ , our Saviour is the Son of the One true God."!!???

WHY DO WE KEEP ON SEEING THIS FFING SHIT FROM OUR GOVERNMENT AND PUBLIC EDUCATION SYSTEM?

Answer is, the globalists are allied with dems/leftists/muslims and exert tremendous power and command in our sold out and corrupt government. --Tyr

Some will find a way to defend these actions, and condemn those as bigots that find an issue with this.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-15-2015, 07:47 PM
Some will find a way to defend these actions, and condemn those as bigots that find an issue with this.

YES,SUCH FOOLS ARE EVERYWHERE.
We even have some here, which I need not name.
FFING MORONS AND COWARDS THEY BOTH ARE IMHO.
I'd spit on either of them if we ever met face to face....not joking--Tyr

indago
12-15-2015, 08:27 PM

It's only as good as what the people vote into office...

Perianne
12-15-2015, 11:41 PM
Whoever set this up should be tied to a tree and whipped.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 12:03 AM
Whoever set this up should be tied to a tree and whipped.

Or worse...-Tyr

Perianne
12-16-2015, 12:06 AM
Or worse...-Tyr

I think after the newspapers show a few shredded backs, the others will get the message.

Elessar
12-16-2015, 12:20 AM
I do not particularly object to teaching about religious beliefs, any of them.

But to push the dress and behaviors of a culture is just wrong.

When my boy was in grade school, they shoved Kwanzaa down their
throats, and that is not a religion. I objected strongly to that.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 12:35 AM
I do not particularly object to teaching about religious beliefs, any of them.

But to push the dress and behaviors of a culture is just wrong.

When my boy was in grade school, they shoved Kwanzaa down their
throats, and that is not a religion. I objected strongly to that.

They all can kiss my patriotic ass. They try to force that muslim shit on my son I'll keep him home from school that day !!
I am not going to let the dirty stinking lib bastards destroy my son.. Thats a damn promise..
He is my son not theirs, the worthless lying and cowardly son of a bitches..

I will write and give them a note---
"There is no pervert like that dead and stinking Mohamboy."-- Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-18-2015, 10:37 AM
Update on this story.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/18/us/virginia-school-shut-islam-homework/

All schools shut down in Augusta County, Virginia, over Islam homework
Ben Brumfield-Profile-Image
By Ben Brumfield, CNN
Updated 8:20 AM ET, Fri December 18, 2015

(CNN)After a teacher at a Virginia school handed out a standard homework assignment on Islam, such an angry backlash flooded in that it prompted officials to close every single school in the county as a safety precaution.

"While there has been no specific threat of harm to students, schools and school offices will be closed Friday, December 18, 2015," Augusta County Schools said. Extracurricular activities were shut down Thursday afternoon.

And social media exploded over the school lesson -- a simple drawing assignment -- into a caustic discussion about religion and education.

Draw this
When the world geography class at Riverheads High School in Staunton rolled around to the subject of major world religions, homework on Islam asked students to copy religious calligraphy.

It read:
The homework assignment aimed to give students "an idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy."
The homework assignment aimed to give students "an idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy."
"Here is the shahada, the Islamic statement of faith, written in Arabic. In the space below, try copying it by hand. This should give you an idea of the artistic complexity of calligraphy."

The illustrative classical Arabic phrase was the basic statement in Islam. It translated to: "There is no god but Allah, and Mohammed is the messenger of Allah."

Angry calls
When students took it home, it was like a spark hitting a powder keg. Some of their parents saw the homework as an attempt to convert their children to Islam.

Calls and emails flooded the school. Some of them demanded the teacher be fired for assigning it.

Cheryl LaPorte had not designed the assignment herself, but took it from a standard workbook on world religions, local newspaper The News Leader reported.

LaPorte told The News Leader that now her job is to get her students through Standards of Learning tests.

No more shahada
The county school system reacted.

It removed the shahada from world religion instruction. "A different, non-religious sample of Arabic calligraphy will be used in the future," it said.

And it issued a statement saying no one was trying to convert anyone to any religion.

"Neither of these lessons, nor any other lessons in the world geography course, are an attempt at indoctrination to Islam or any other religion or a request for students to renounce their own faith or profess any belief," Augusta County Schools official Eric Bond said in a statement to CNN affiliate WHSV.

Not enough
But that hasn't been enough for Kimberly Herndon, who kept her ninth-grade son home from school.

"There was no trying about it. The sheet she gave out was pure doctrine in its origin," she told WHSV.

"I will not have my children sit under a woman who indoctrinates them with the Islam religion when I am a Christian," she said.

By Tuesday, like-minded parents and residents of the town of nearly 24,000 gathered in the sanctuary of Good Will Ministries to voice their grievances, including against the teacher.

At the same time, former students have taken to Facebook to defend her.

"I'm against anyone getting steamrolled by convoluted logic and I'm very pleased to see that there is so many people around me that feel the same way," a supporter wrote.

"I'm against anyone getting steamrolled by convoluted logic and I'm very pleased to see that there is so many people around me that feel the same way," a supporter wrote.

Security scramble
Back at the school, the sheriff and administrators had begun worrying about security.

On Monday, Augusta County issued a letter reassuring parents that schools in the county were safe. It did not refer to the homework assignment but did say that parents had become worried about security.

"All doors are locked with the exception of one front door. ... Faculty and staff monitor all activities inside and out of the buildings." Standard security procedures, the letter explained.

But as the week went on, officials got more specific about the source of concern -- calls and email messages -- and their target -- the world geography class.

"The school division began receiving voluminous phone calls and electronic mail locally and from outside the area," the school system said. And the "tone and content" were nasty.

The sheriff deployed more officers to county schools and began monitoring communications. Then all the schools in the county shut down.

What they leave out is that crap being taught yo young kids is the first step-opening prayer to conversion to Islam!!!
And the directive to teach it came from the top, the top officials in Washington over the Public Education System..
The same damn officials tat scream and demand no reference to a Christian God in school and NO CHRISTIAN PRAYER IN SCHOOL.
WELL FOLKS THIS STINKING SHIT IS UNDENIABLY A DAMN MUSLIM PRAYER!!!!!
And was a directive sent down by Fed authorities!
All this since the obama , a muslim in hiding became the president.
Every damn school official at that school should be ran out of town IMHO.
WHY IS IT THAT BLACKLIVESMATTER CAN GET PEOPLE FIRED BUT WE DECENT PEOPLE CAN NOT,DO NOT EVEN TRY?
Wake up to the fact that our government caters to and gives special rights to muslims while they seek to take more and more of our constitutional rights away from us!
That is pure and unadulterated treason by those government officials-- led by obama !! -Tyr

Russ
12-21-2015, 09:30 PM
Update on this story.

What they leave out is that crap being taught yo young kids is the first step-opening prayer to conversion to Islam!!!
And the directive to teach it came from the top, the top officials in Washington over the Public Education System..
The same damn officials tat scream and demand no reference to a Christian God in school and NO CHRISTIAN PRAYER IN SCHOOL.
WELL FOLKS THIS STINKING SHIT IS UNDENIABLY A DAMN MUSLIM PRAYER!!!!!
And was a directive sent down by Fed authorities!
All this since the obama , a muslim in hiding became the president.
Every damn school official at that school should be ran out of town IMHO.
WHY IS IT THAT BLACKLIVESMATTER CAN GET PEOPLE FIRED BUT WE DECENT PEOPLE CAN NOT,DO NOT EVEN TRY?
Wake up to the fact that our government caters to and gives special rights to muslims while they seek to take more and more of our constitutional rights away from us!
That is pure and unadulterated treason by those government officials-- led by obama !! -Tyr

One other thing about this that is very disturbing is that the teacher is having the students practice "calligraphy" by writing a religious declaration in a foreign language, such that the students would be essentially declaring themselves followers of Islam if they wrote the calligraphy, all while not knowing that that's what they were doing.

The actual phrase the calligraphy assignment included was "There is no God but Allah". A Christian or Jewish student that wrote this would be unknowingly denouncing their own faith, which border of the unforgivable.

I'm not sure if this teacher was trying to trick the students, or is just colossally stupid, but if a Christian teacher tried to get students in an Islamic country to practice calligraphy by writing "I believe in the Christian faith", then that teacher's head would already be on a pole somewhere.

Abbey Marie
12-21-2015, 09:39 PM
If you really care about your child, find an alternative to public school. It will probably only get worse.

PixieStix
12-21-2015, 10:03 PM
If you really care about your child, find an alternative to public school. It will probably only get worse.

I have said this for years Abbey.

Black Diamond
12-21-2015, 10:49 PM

Hopefully they will not force private schools into this evil.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-22-2015, 12:19 AM
Hopefully they will not force private schools into this evil.

This thread I authored well over three years ago, its very long but dead on the money about what was coming with the muslim menace.. -Tyr

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?36912-I-take-my-stand-you

I see farther ahead than the average bear except where very sexy , gorgeous women are concerned--there I get duped because too often the wrong head bez alookin'. :laugh:--Tyr

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Least we forget!!!!--Tyr
This truth spoken by John Quincy Adams hundreds of years ago is just as true now as it was back then.
Only now, the stinking muzzies have their man as our President(a damn traitor)!!! -Tyr

"The precept of the koran is, perpetual war against all who deny that
Mahomet (Mohammed) is the prophet of God. The vanquished may purchase
their lives by the payment of tribute, the victorious may be appeased
by a false and delusive promise of peace, and the faithful follower of
the prophet may submit to the imperious necessities of defeat, but
the command to propagate the Moslem creed by the sword is always obligatory,
when it can be made effective. The commands of the prophet may be
performed alike by fraud or by force."
- John Quincy Adams