PDA

View Full Version : Scarborough: Trump, Cruz Made 'Inside Deal'

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 08:51 AM
This would be interesting. Perhaps even if Trump succumbs to Cruz, maybe they have a deal and Trump ends up on the ticket with Cruz. And of course that would mean Cruz would get the same in return. It would in fact be smart of both candidates. Without the 2nd place guy trying to knock him down, and vice versa, it would be awfully hard to beat them.

-----

The attacks were flying during Tuesday night's debate except between the two front-runners, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, and MSNBC's "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough said in Wednesday's post-mortem he thinks the two top-polling candidates had an "inside deal."

"I started thinking after the debate, this was an inside deal," the former congressman said on his morning news talk show. "You have Trump and Cruz kind of hitting each other, but they're locked in first and second place. Everybody else is a distance third. Notice everybody on the stage was attacking everybody but the top two guys."
Instead, he said, Trump went after Jeb Bush and Cruz went after Marco Rubio, but "they refuse to touch each other. It's an inside deal. If this maintains the status quo neither Jeb or Rubio catches them."

The deal, he said, is a "smart political move," and "they made it. They made a direct or indirect deal. We don't touch each other and draw no blood."

NBC correspondent Willie Geist agreed, commenting that "nobody else touched Trump, except Jeb Bush, who went after him relatively effectively sometimes."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Joe-Scarborough-Trump-Cruz-Inside-Deal/2015/12/16/id/705983/

Gunny
12-16-2015, 09:18 AM
This would be interesting. Perhaps even if Trump succumbs to Cruz, maybe they have a deal and Trump ends up on the ticket with Cruz. And of course that would mean Cruz would get the same in return. It would in fact be smart of both candidates. Without the 2nd place guy trying to knock him down, and vice versa, it would be awfully hard to beat them.

-----

The attacks were flying during Tuesday night's debate except between the two front-runners, Donald Trump and Ted Cruz, and MSNBC's "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough said in Wednesday's post-mortem he thinks the two top-polling candidates had an "inside deal."

"I started thinking after the debate, this was an inside deal," the former congressman said on his morning news talk show. "You have Trump and Cruz kind of hitting each other, but they're locked in first and second place. Everybody else is a distance third. Notice everybody on the stage was attacking everybody but the top two guys."
Instead, he said, Trump went after Jeb Bush and Cruz went after Marco Rubio, but "they refuse to touch each other. It's an inside deal. If this maintains the status quo neither Jeb or Rubio catches them."

The deal, he said, is a "smart political move," and "they made it. They made a direct or indirect deal. We don't touch each other and draw no blood."

NBC correspondent Willie Geist agreed, commenting that "nobody else touched Trump, except Jeb Bush, who went after him relatively effectively sometimes."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Joe-Scarborough-Trump-Cruz-Inside-Deal/2015/12/16/id/705983/

You're working on a lot of non-responses spamming your own board. Those of us that could care less or don't like Trump like to post too.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 09:23 AM
You're working on a lot of non-responses spamming your own board. Those of us that could care less or don't like Trump like to post too.

Posting articles is spamming? Then don't fucking open them if all you can do is complain. If you see "Trump" in the title, don't open any of them. But I'm sure as fuck "not" going to post stuff about various election stuff just because YOU don't like a candidate. Why don't YOU post stuff about other candidate. Oh, wait, never mind...

Gunny, worry about yourself.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Posting articles is spamming? Then don't fucking open them if all you can do is complain. If you see "Trump" in the title, don't open any of them. But I'm sure as fuck "not" going to post stuff about various election stuff just because YOU don't like a candidate. Why don't YOU post stuff about other candidate. Oh, wait, never mind...

Gunny, worry about yourself.

Lighten up, dude. Geez. You're the one getting bent out of shape. Let's just clear the air. I don't like Trump. He's bullying windbag who can't deliver on shit he says and he can't wind. Simple as THAT. You're making this personal, I'm not. You want to love the idiot, feel free.

I was just teasing you.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 09:38 AM
Lighten up, dude. Geez. You're the one getting bent out of shape. Let's just clear the air. I don't like Trump. He's bullying windbag who can't deliver on shit he says and he can't wind. Simple as THAT. You're making this personal, I'm not. You want to love the idiot, feel free.

I was just teasing you.

WTF? You keep doing shit like this, then I respond, and then you say it's ME making things personal? You just told me I was spamming, and that somehow I am preventing you from posting. And then accuse me of making it personal? Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to your post all I did was post an article that you could have read, or not read, and then moved along?

Gunny
12-16-2015, 09:53 AM
WTF? You keep doing shit like this, then I respond, and then you say it's ME making things personal? You just told me I was spamming, and that somehow I am preventing you from posting. And then accuse me of making it personal? Correct me if I'm wrong, but prior to your post all I did was post an article that you could have read, or not read, and then moved along?

Because you're taking this too personally. I'm voting against Hillary and if it's Trump .. Hell I voted for McLame. I want to win. Your own former mayor Guilliani said it best this morning: "I don't have a candidate. I'm just sitting back and seeing who has the best chance of winning." Couldn't have said it better.

But I STILL have opinions. One is, if y'all Trumpies are going to beat up on everyone that thinks he's not qualified for the job and can't do what he says, you're going to lose some members. Like Dragonstryke. Two, he's the worst candidate, IMO. But this is a microcosm of what the left is sitting back and enjoying -- us beating on each other instead of beating on the Dems. THEY are the enemy. But this is a 3-peat of the last 2 elections and no one sits back and takes a look. We've destroyed ourselves each time and it's happening again.

But so long as anyone pimps Trump, plan on hearing what I think and STOP TAKING IT PERSONALLY. Now if he wants to call me up and take it personally, I'll dress his ass down in a NY minute and I'll stick by my guns. But there's no reason for this BS between us nor anyone else.

NightTrain
12-16-2015, 10:01 AM
We may be looking at a Trump / Cruz ticket, or a Cruz / Trump ticket, depending on who gets the nod.

I'd be happy with such an arrangement.

Has anyone noticed that the liberals are no longer running around calling Cruz a "fringe neocon teabagger"? (cough Gabby cough)

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 10:01 AM
Because you're taking this too personally. I'm voting against Hillary and if it's Trump .. Hell I voted for McLame. I want to win. Your own former mayor Guilliani said it best this morning: "I don't have a candidate. I'm just sitting back and seeing who has the best chance of winning." Couldn't have said it better.

But I STILL have opinions. One is, if y'all Trumpies are going to beat up on everyone that thinks he's not qualified for the job and can't do what he says, you're going to lose some members. Like Dragonstryke. Two, he's the worst candidate, IMO. But this is a microcosm of what the left is sitting back and enjoying -- us beating on each other instead of beating on the Dems. THEY are the enemy. But this is a 3-peat of the last 2 elections and no one sits back and takes a look. We've destroyed ourselves each time and it's happening again.

But so long as anyone pimps Trump, plan on hearing what I think and STOP TAKING IT PERSONALLY. Now if he wants to call me up and take it personally, I'll dress his ass down in a NY minute and I'll stick by my guns. But there's no reason for this BS between us nor anyone else.

Do I REALLY need to go back through threads to prove a point? You post the garbage you do in your post in reply to this article - and then work your way down to blaming shit on me, and how I may lose members? Let me ask you a question. If you didn't make post #2 in this thread, do you think I post as I did in reply? And am I not supposed to see it personally when you tell me I'm spamming, and that I'm going to lose members? WTF? I think ruining threads like this is more likely why members would leave.

And you're right, there is no reason for this.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 10:03 AM
We may be looking at a Trump / Cruz ticket, or a Cruz / Trump ticket, depending on who gets the nod.

I'd be happy with such an arrangement.

Has anyone noticed that the liberals are no longer running around calling Cruz a "fringe neocon teabagger"? (cough Gabby cough)

I think that would be an absolutely awesome ticket, and I couldn't care less who was Prez/Vice. I love both of them and the majority of their stances.

Pretty much all indicators out there show every gop candidate with a lead over Hillary in a head to head battle.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Do I REALLY need to go back through threads to prove a point? You post the garbage you do in your post in reply to this article - and then work your way down to blaming shit on me, and how I may lose members? Let me ask you a question. If you didn't make post #2 in this thread, do you think I post as I did in reply? And am I not supposed to see it personally when you tell me I'm spamming, and that I'm going to lose members? WTF? I think ruining threads like this is more likely why members would leave.

And you're right, there is no reason for this.

I'm not posting garbage. And you calling it garbage is where the personal shit comes in. I've nailed Trump dead to rights every fucking time and all of my "garbage" is eerily the same "garbage" each time for the simple reason that I know what it takes to be a leader and what it takes to disqualify you as one. I don't want some petty tempermental asshole for a President. We already have one.

And you didn't address what I said. If you Trumpies are going to attack those of us that think he's a loud mouth piece of shit continually, you'll end up with a Trumpy board. I have no desire to get into this personal shit but you've known me long enough to know I'm not going to take it but so much and then I'm returning fire. Like who you want to. It's worked so well the last 2 elections.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 10:14 AM

I'm not posting garbage. And you calling it garbage is where the personal shit comes in.

Look at how you approached this thread. I'm sure this was spot on, and respectful and not personal in nature in any way. Do you not even read or remember what you write? Apparently not. Whatever, take over the thread then, I'm out.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:20 AM
Look at how you approached this thread. I'm sure this was spot on, and respectful and not personal in nature in any way. Do you not even read or remember what you write? Apparently not. Whatever, take over the thread then, I'm out.

How am I taking over the thread? You don't like the fact I don't like Trump. I don't like the fact you do. Gonna be a LONG year if we can't agree to disagree. I don't want to fight with anyone about anything. However, I thought we were supposed to be able to post our opinions? Nobody's got to get mad over the crap. I deal with this every day and I don't get it. Why is making a factual statement somehow an indictment against the person you're talking to when you aren't even talking about them?

Maybe I should have put in an emoticon? I wasn't being serious.

Black Diamond
12-16-2015, 10:21 AM
I think that would be an absolutely awesome ticket, and I couldn't care less who was Prez/Vice. I love both of them and the majority of their stances.

Pretty much all indicators out there show every gop candidate with a lead over Hillary in a head to head battle.
Which indicators?

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 10:21 AM

I have been screaming for this ticket with Trump and Cruz for a while now. Doesn't matter too much to me which one gets the top slot either.
I have not been helping the dems and obama destroy any of our candidates but thats just my own personal decision.
And thats because we should be united in the policy that any of our guys -even ones we may personally not like , , will be a vast improvement over that of any dem !

Trump /Cruz TICKET --is without a doubt an absolutely unbeatable ticket, unless foul play is involved as in voter fraud etc. Do not rule that out as , the obama, the enemies of this nation-dem party are quite capable of such and have often done that in the past..
We are dealing with true and arrogant enemies of this nation, enemies that will destroy anybody or anything to win IMHO.-TYR

Black Diamond
12-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Would make sense that they have a deal since evangelicals need to not stay home.

Kathianne
12-16-2015, 10:24 AM
...Your own former mayor Guilliani said it best this morning: "I don't have a candidate. I'm just sitting back and seeing who has the best chance of winning." Couldn't have said it better...

That pretty much sums up where I am. Walker dropped out, haven't winnowed down to some other candidate, thus I'm more observing.

Last night was the most interesting debate, most substantive. Whether that was due to Paris and San Bernadino or the quickly approaching February start of primaries? Don't know, probably doesn't matter.

My observations were pretty much the same as I've been reading this morning. Trump was Trump. Cruz and Rubio demonstrated why they've been considered, along with Paul Ryan, two of the smartest of conservatives in a long time. Both have been accused of being 'too slick' by many. IF Cruz made such a deal with Trump, not sure what would happen when they joined together.

Currently Rubio seen as most likely and most feared by D's.

The field needs to winnow down to three or four at most.

If 'that' Jeb had shown up in September the race might look different. I think still not enough and way too late.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:28 AM
I have been screaming for this ticket with Trump and Cruz for a while now. Doesn't matter too much to me which one gets the top slot either.
I have not been helping the dems and obama destroy any of our candidates but thats just my own personal decision.
And thats because we should be united in the policy that any of our guys -even ones we may personally not like , , will be a vast improvement over that of any dem !

Trump /Cruz TICKET --is without a doubt an absolutely unbeatable ticket, unless foul play is involved as in voter fraud etc. Do not rule that out as , the obama, the enemies of this nation-dem party are quite capable of such and have often done that in the past..
We are dealing with true and arrogant enemies of this nation, enemies that will destroy anybody or anything to win IMHO.-TYR

I think Cruz and Rubio would sell better. Rubio can possibly swing the moderate independent vote. He just looks too much like a little boy to me. :laugh:

Abbey Marie
12-16-2015, 10:32 AM
That pretty much sums up where I am. Walker dropped out, haven't winnowed down to some other candidate, thus I'm more observing.

Last night was the most interesting debate, most substantive. Whether that was due to Paris and San Bernadino or the quickly approaching February start of primaries? Don't know, probably doesn't matter.

My observations were pretty much the same as I've been reading this morning. Trump was Trump. Cruz and Rubio demonstrated why they've been considered, along with Paul Ryan, two of the smartest of conservatives in a long time. Both have been accused of being 'too slick' by many. IF Cruz made such a deal with Trump, not sure what would happen when they joined together.

Currently Rubio seen as most likely and most feared by D's.

The field needs to winnow down to three or four at most.

If 'that' Jeb had shown up in September the race might look different. I think still not enough and way too late.

Yeah, I wasn't really buying "Angry Jeb". I think he was in desperation mode, and had nothing to lose in attacking Trump. Plus, I think the Bushes are just nice people.

I think I need to change my tag line to:

"But I'd still vote for {fill in any Republican candidate's name here}".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 10:35 AM
I think Cruz and Rubio would sell better. Rubio can possibly swing the moderate independent vote. He just looks too much like a little boy to me. :laugh:

Cruz and Rubio would beat Hillary hands down IMHO.
As would several other pairings of our candidates.
Both are very smart politicians and either one makes Hillary look like a blithering imbecile. -Tyr

Kathianne
12-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I wasn't really buying "Angry Jeb". I think he was in desperation mode, and had nothing to lose in attacking Trump. Plus, I think the Bushes are just nice people.

Against Hillary? I could nearly go with that, almost.

I wonder if somehow there was an indictment against Hillary, would the whole election process become more serious? We'll never know.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-16-2015, 10:41 AM

I wonder if somehow there was an indictment against Hillary, would the whole election process become more serious? We'll never know.
She should be in prison right now . They will not allow the Hildabeast to be indicted..
They'd kill anybody that truly tried to make that happen IMHO.
THESE ARE TOTALLY RUTHLESS PEOPLE, THAT ARE THE MOST CORRUPT THIS NATION HAS EVER HAD TO FACE IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM IMHO.
I believe this is our nation's last chance to prevent its utter collapse by returning sanity and A REPUBLICAN
IN THE TOP SPOT.
The obama deliberately engineered cliff dive must be reversed, if at all possible.. -TYR

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:41 AM

He's not doing well. He has no personality. That's a BIG reason I hate these debates. How you present yourself on camera should have no bearing on your qualification to be President, but it does. It screwed Nixon and he never forgave the media for it. He was so paranoid after that it ruined his presidency. The fact is Kennedy just looked better on camera.

Same with Bush. He sucks on TV. He was actually a damned good governor. Same with Rick Perry and Scott Walker. IMO, they were the best of the litter.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 10:42 AM

What part do you not see as serious now?

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:44 AM
Cruz and Rubio would beat Hillary hands down IMHO.
As would several other pairings of our candidates.
Both are very smart politicians and either one makes Hillary look like a blithering imbecile. -Tyr

She doesn't need any help looking like a blithering imbecile. She's got a lock on that position. If the right would quit fighting among ourselves and take her lard ass down, it would be easy.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:45 AM
She should be in prison right now . They will not allow the Hildabeast to me indicted..
They'd kill anybody that truly tried to make that happen IMHO.
THESE ARE TOTALLY RUTHLESS PEOPLE, THAT ARE THE MOST CORRUPT THIS NATION HAS EVER HAD TO FACE IN OUR POLITICAL SYSTEM IMHO.
I believe this is our nation's last chance to prevent its utter collapse by returning sanity and A REPUBLICAN
IN THE TOP SPOT.
The obama deliberately engineered cliff dive must be reversed, if at all possible.. -TYR

That's damned straight. There ARE people in prison for less than what she's done.

Kathianne
12-16-2015, 10:50 AM
What part do you not see as serious now?

No disrespect, but that's the kind of question that leads to arguments.

I'm trying to participate without alienating folks. Wish me luck.

jimnyc
12-16-2015, 10:52 AM

Wow! Then why make a comment if you're unwilling to discuss it? The only thing I can think of then is that you're saying folks aren't serious, because they are supporting Trump. I really dunno since you wouldn't answer. My question wasn't rude in the slightest, I simply asked what you meant by a comment.

Weird stuff lately.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 10:53 AM

Need a life preserver? :laugh:

Kathianne
12-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Wow! Then why make a comment if you're unwilling to discuss it? The only thing I can think of then is that you're saying folks aren't serious, because they are supporting Trump. I really dunno since you wouldn't answer. My question wasn't rude in the slightest, I simply asked what you meant by a comment.

Weird stuff lately.

As discussion, not argument. If I expound, I'm not discussing my candidate-which I don't have yet, for reasons I've explained. If I do, I'll be criticized as bashing. Can't win with this.

So I find myself posting what interests me, responding when I feel so moved. We've discussed this before, privately and publically.

I'm responding to you because I respect you.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 11:20 AM
As discussion, not argument. If I expound, I'm not discussing my candidate-which I don't have yet, for reasons I've explained. If I do, I'll be criticized as bashing. Can't win with this.

So I find myself posting what interests me, responding when I feel so moved. We've discussed this before, privately and publically.

I'm responding to you because I respect you.

I just think everyone should lighten up. We got a LONG way to go. I don't like your candidate? Big deal. I'd probably make fun of your clothes too. I dress like a redneck. It goes both ways. You don't like my candidate or my clothes? Big deal.

But I DON'T like the left doing to us what it's doing to the candidates -- dividing us. And in our case, we can't control any of it. We each have one vote. Mine's anti-democrat no matter what. Food for thought: the GOP is the one causing all this angst. If they'd quit having 15 damned people running for office and a thousand pointless, self-destructive debates, we wouldn't be self-destructing. We didn't used to have to put up with this Mickey Mouse routine. It's like a damned 3 ring circus.

Perianne
12-16-2015, 01:57 PM
I think some are overlooking the fact that Obama was elected twice. The same group of people will also vote for Hillary.

If I could bet on it, I would bet $500 that Hillary will be the next president.

Gunny
12-16-2015, 02:03 PM
I think some are overlooking the fact that Obama was elected twice. The same group of people will also vote for Hillary.

If I could bet on it, I would bet $500 that Hillary will be the next president.

I agree. No one wants to get their act together on the right.

sundaydriver
12-17-2015, 06:37 AM
I've been wondering about this for weeks. I think Cruz's plan B would be as Trumps VP knowing Trump would never want two terms if ever elected and Cruz would be right there for 2020.