PDA

View Full Version : Rubio...

Abbey Marie
12-16-2015, 10:40 AM
I've said this before, but I still think that our best shot at beating Hillary is Rubio. I can't get past his expected appeal to the Hispanic vote.

Despite his ginormous Ferengi ears.

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/ferengi3.jpg

Gunny
12-16-2015, 11:49 AM
I've said this before, but I still think that our best shot at beating Hillary is Rubio. I can't get past his expected appeal to the Hispanic vote.

Despite his ginormous Ferengi ears.

http://www.startrek.com/uploads/assets/articles/ferengi3.jpg

:laugh2:

He looks like a little kid that can't even shave to me. :laugh:

I'm not sure his appeal will be to the Hispanic community. I think he can pull the moderate/independent votes but he's going to have to be on a ticket with a conservative that can also pull the hard right vote.

Black Diamond
12-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Looks to me like it's Trump vs Cruz.

gabosaurus
12-16-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm not sure his appeal will be to the Hispanic community. I think he can pull the moderate/independent votes but he's going to have to be on a ticket with a conservative that can also pull the hard right vote.

Say what you want about Rubio, but he is the ONLY Republican candidate who has a chance to beat Hillary Clinton.
Not because of his appeal to Latinos (which is minimal), but because he can attract the moderate and independent voters.
In past elections, less than 20 percent of registered Latino voters have cast a ballot. Same with the "new vote," which is those under the age of 21.
If you put Cruz or Trump on the top of the GOP ticket, I guarantee those numbers will rise dramatically. Perhaps as high as 50 percent, considering what is at stake.

Is the conservative right willing to risk losing control of the House and Senate in order to nominate Cruz or Trump?

Gunny
12-16-2015, 12:27 PM
Say what you want about Rubio, but he is the ONLY Republican candidate who has a chance to beat Hillary Clinton.
Not because of his appeal to Latinos (which is minimal), but because he can attract the moderate and independent voters.
In past elections, less than 20 percent of registered Latino voters have cast a ballot. Same with the "new vote," which is those under the age of 21.
If you put Cruz or Trump on the top of the GOP ticket, I guarantee those numbers will rise dramatically. Perhaps as high as 50 percent, considering what is at stake.

Is the conservative right willing to risk losing control of the House and Senate in order to nominate Cruz or Trump?

Bull. Anyone with a brain won't vote for Hillary. Oh ... forgot my audience.

You don't lose control of the House and Senate by losing two senators. And what does it matter anyway so log as they have pens and phones? YOUR President has cut Congress out of the loop. You reap what you sow.

Perianne
12-16-2015, 01:25 PM
If we elect Rubio America will turn into little Mexico even more than it is now. He also is fond of importing towel heads.