PDA

View Full Version : The Layaway Angel

PixieStix
12-17-2015, 02:00 AM
I wish I had a layaway. But I never do that :D
What a wonderful thing. The man paid 106,000.00 for his Birthday. Merry Christmas Mr Layaway Angel. :salute:

'Tis the season to give, and one person is giving in a big way at a couple of Northeast Ohio Walmart stores. According to a manager at the Steelyard Commons Walmart, a person paid $72,000 in layaways for close to 100 customers at that store.
As if that wasn't generous enough, the same mystery donor paid $36,000 in layaway bills at the Walmart on Leavitt Rd. in Lorain.
The identity of this Secret Santa will likely remain a mystery as Walmart says that was part of the agreement with the person.

http://fox8.com/2015/12/15/layaway-angel-just-made-holidays-brighter-for-some-ne-ohio-walmart-customers/

Kathianne
12-17-2015, 07:00 AM
I wish I had a layaway. But I never do that :D
What a wonderful thing. The man paid 106,000.00 for his Birthday. Merry Christmas Mr Layaway Angel. :salute:

'Tis the season to give, and one person is giving in a big way at a couple of Northeast Ohio Walmart stores. According to a manager at the Steelyard Commons Walmart, a person paid $72,000 in layaways for close to 100 customers at that store.
As if that wasn't generous enough, the same mystery donor paid $36,000 in layaway bills at the Walmart on Leavitt Rd. in Lorain.
The identity of this Secret Santa will likely remain a mystery as Walmart says that was part of the agreement with the person.

http://fox8.com/2015/12/15/layaway-angel-just-made-holidays-brighter-for-some-ne-ohio-walmart-customers/

I love stories like this! I read a couple days ago that some patron of a McD's had paid forward enough for the following 10 cars in the drive through. Enough others kept it up that for hours no one was paying for their own orders, though many paid more than they would have spent to keep it going.

Now it might be more 'giving' to donate the same amount to the Salvation Army or some other well run charity, but it IS the thought that counts. Perhaps the first person just had a few extra from a gift or bonus and felt moved to do something 'special.' I'm sure it made everyone involved smile and think of doing something for others. Always a good thing!