PDA

View Full Version : Skills, Hobbies, Interests

Perianne
12-17-2015, 05:46 PM
What skills, hobbies, or other interests do you have that you would like to share with us? For example, I think it is sooo neat that Tyr-Ziu Saxnot is a poet. Who would have known?

LongTermGuy
12-17-2015, 07:33 PM
Enjoy chess (started as a kid)...good with mechanical things (Building & repairing)....

....target / distance shooting and re-loading (long-gun and pistol)....."Old things"..I like old things with history...and a few other things I consider private.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2015, 09:15 AM
What skills, hobbies, or other interests do you have that you would like to share with us? For example, I think it is sooo neat that Tyr-Ziu Saxnot is a poet. Who would have known?

Thanks my friend. It confounds many , even in my own family, as guys like me are not known to be poetically inclined. I always had rhyming thoughts even as a little kid, always read every book I could lay my hands on-
so writing came naturally to me and was done for decades in my private journals. Only now in my old age have I decided to share what once I took great pains to hide, my writing poetry.
Strangers would doubt my toughness because I write poetry, which sadly could get them badly hurt should they ever face me and insult me. Just a reality, I once feared people knowing I write poetry but conquered that fear!
I love to conquer things, always have! Its the Viking in me methinks ..-Tyr

Gunny
12-19-2015, 09:27 AM
What skills, hobbies, or other interests do you have that you would like to share with us? For example, I think it is sooo neat that @Tyr-Ziu Saxnot (http://www.debatepolicy.com/member.php?u=2275) is a poet. Who would have known?

Powerlifting, martial arts and used to run a lot. I think Tyr-Ziu Saxnot is a sissy with poetry crap. :poke: Probably wears lace freakin drawers too. :laugh2:

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2015, 10:04 AM
Powerlifting, martial arts and used to run a lot. I think Tyr-Ziu Saxnot is a sissy with poetry crap. :poke: Probably wears lace freakin drawers too. :laugh2:

Gave upon the lace ones long ago. Found that the pretty gals prefer just plain pink.:laugh:

As teenagers my brothers and I used to run a lot. Race to the country store at full speed , about 4 miles away, turn around and race back, -no stopping. Winner was the one that stepped in the front yard first. Summer time, July and August we'd do this for fun-insanity now that I look back on it.
I never won, older brothers had longer legs, plus Ricky could and did outrun the two high school track guys(Daryl Shockley and Jesse Johnson, both black) that were setting high school track state records , during the late 60's in Arkansas!
My hobby was killing things to eat(!), anything with guns, playing chess, boxing-no gloves, wrestling, archery, collecting books and chasing the pretty girls. :laugh:
Later it was drinking, gambling, fighting and chasing the pretty gals. :laugh:
Now its staying alive, a bit of writing and holding onto my pretty gal...:laugh:--Tyr

Gunny
12-19-2015, 10:12 AM
Gave upon the lace ones long ago. Found that the pretty gals prefer just plain pink.:laugh:

As teenagers my brothers and I used to run a lot. Race to the country store at full speed , about 4 miles away, turn around and race back, -no stopping. Winner was the one that stepped in the front yard first. Summer time, July and August we'd do this for fun-insanity now that I look back on it.
I never won, older brothers had longer legs, plus Ricky could and did outrun the two high school track guys(Daryl Shockley and Jesse Johnson, both black) that were setting high school track state records , during the late 60's in Arkansas!
My hobby was killing things to eat(!), anything with guns, playing chess, boxing-no gloves, wrestling, archery, collecting books and chasing the pretty girls. :laugh:
Later it was drinking, gambling, fighting and chasing the pretty gals. :laugh:
Now its staying alive, a bit of writing and holding onto my pretty gal...:laugh:--Tyr

Damned do you remember running in those Chuck Taylors? And we can't figure out why our knees are all jacked up. :laugh: We considered boxing gloves snobbish and sissy-ish. I hated that in martial arts. What's with all this padding shit?

And I'm not going to go into it, but I lived in Miami in the 70s. If you think their was a shortage of bikini clad girls you weren't reading the paper. :laugh2:

LongTermGuy
12-19-2015, 11:32 AM
Damned do you remember running in those Chuck Taylors? And we can't figure out why our knees are all jacked up. :laugh: We considered boxing gloves snobbish and sissy-ish. I hated that in martial arts. What's with all this padding shit?

And I'm not going to go into it, but I lived in Miami in the 70s. If you think their was a shortage of bikini clad girls you weren't reading the paper. :laugh2:

I was in Miami in the late 70`s....I enjoyed the city:laugh2:

Noir
12-19-2015, 11:44 AM
Most active hobby is Magic the Gathering, a strategy based card game. We have a reasonably vibrant local group and meet 1-2 nights most weeks for games. I even done a good a won a local championship last year ^,^ I'm currently in training to become a local judge to help run events/become a better player.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 11:55 AM
I was in Miami in the late 70`s....I enjoyed the city:laugh2:

Completely different now. I left in 1980 as the Columbian drug cartels were moving in. Wasn't because of them. I enlisted. I'm glad I didn't get caught up in any of that crap. It started at Dadeland Mall in a scrap between the Hatians and the Columbians. But there was no "South Beach". It was South Miami Beach and it was a relic from the art decco days in the 30s. Cocaine completely rebuilt what is now Miami. I lived further south than Miami proper. Homestead AFB then Cutler Ridge. We pretty much stayed out of Miami if we could help it.

CSM
12-21-2015, 07:29 AM
I do a bit of wood carving and calligraphy during the winter; summer it's all about my 42' boat and fishing or just cruising. My staple diet of PC gaming (currently World of Tanks/World of Warships and a few MMORPGs) and occasional XBOX 1 stuff keeps me relatively sane on most weeknights. Once in a while go do some shooting (archery and high power, long range stuff) just to re-live the old days...