PDA

View Full Version : Gaffer

Abbey Marie
12-18-2015, 03:49 PM
I believe tomorrow will be the 1 year Anniversary of Gaffer's passing. I just wanted us to remember him.

:salute:

Jeff
12-18-2015, 04:23 PM
I miss Gaffer sure enough, I use to love his post because he said what was on his mind. I bet he is looking down just shaking his head at the dark lord.

LongTermGuy
12-18-2015, 04:36 PM
Gaffer....what a good sweet person ...Thanks for the reminder Abbey...

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-18-2015, 05:32 PM
I believe tomorrow will be the 1 year Anniversary of Gaffer's passing. I just wanted us to remember him.

:salute:

Gaffer was tops in my book. Sure miss him and we pm'ed here and emailed each other a lot. Seems we both were pretty much on the same page about the stinking dark lord, the lousy dems, the muzzies, the clintons and the treason they engage in almost daily.
I regret deeply, my not ever meeting him and shaking his hand as a good friend!! -Tyr

CSM
12-21-2015, 07:33 AM
yep...miss him and Merlin too. I must be getting old.

Gunny
12-21-2015, 09:24 AM
I miss Gaffer sure enough, I use to love his post because he said what was on his mind. I bet he is looking down just shaking his head at the dark lord.

I loved Gaffer. You NEVER had to guess what he was thinking. :)

Gunny
12-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Gaffer....what a good sweet person ...Thanks for the reminder Abbey...

If you called him sweet to his face he'd probably have put a boot up your a$$. :laugh:

Gunny
12-21-2015, 09:32 AM
yep...miss him and Merlin too. I must be getting old.

I just want to know what this dying without permission crap is all about. Last I checked you had to submit a request through the chain - with appropriate colored carbon copies - and we'll get back to ya. :laugh:

Drummond
12-21-2015, 09:54 AM
Gaffer - yes, sorely missed. A truly great contributor here. :salute:

Gunny
12-21-2015, 10:00 AM
Gaffer - yes, sorely missed. A truly great contributor here. :salute:

I thought he was WAY cool. Same thing I think about a few others. Nobody's got to read their minds or play word games. It was like BLAM! Here it is. And I got into it with Gaffer a few times, but we respected each other. It never turned into this sissy crap of taking everything personally. Merlin was the same way. He'd rip your a$$ off. I actually learned a lot from both.

CSM and namvet are in the same category. They just don't make 'em like that anymore.

jimnyc
12-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Honest and friendly, that's the best way I could put it. I became friends with Gaffer a long time back on another board, and then yet another board. My first ways of getting to know him were in a chatting manner, outside of politics. He had also joined my brothers board and we used to talk movies as well. Just an all around fun kind of guy. And then of course we clicked on just about every political stance. Did I mention he was funny as hell? Reading him jumping on Obama and some other folks he didn't like was priceless. He served our country. He served in both the army and the air force. He will always have my respect. I truly miss him. :(

Perianne
12-21-2015, 02:16 PM
I wish I could have known them.

Gunny
12-28-2015, 11:50 AM
I wish I could have known them.

You do.

darin
12-28-2015, 12:06 PM
RIP, brother

Gunny
01-03-2016, 03:56 AM
RIP, brother

I miss the cranky old f*cker. He always made me feel like I was the moderate. (And for any of you civvies that think otherwise, THAT is a compliment).

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
01-03-2016, 09:10 AM
I miss the cranky old f*cker. He always made me feel like I was the moderate. (And for any of you civvies that think otherwise, THAT is a compliment).

I miss the cranky old f*cker. :beer: :beer: :beer:
Third beer is for Gaffer , who was my friend.
I bet he'd have a big smile reading that one. His tone when posting here was always civil, polite but direct and to the point. He had tons of discipline , something I lack yet we became great friends. So much so that one of my great regrets was in my not finding a way to go meet him,especially after finding out about his illness. Had my health and family duties not been so severe at the time perhaps I would have been able to arrange it.
I never served in the military but to me he was a brother.. we had a spiritual kinship it did seem.
Gaffer was top class A, all the way. Miss him a lot. -Tyr