PDA

View Full Version : Sanders Sues DNC 12/18/15

Kathianne
12-18-2015, 08:56 PM
Yes! Calling out on the Hillary coronation:

http://pjmedia.com/instapundit/221796/

DECEMBER 18, 2015
SEN. BEN SASSE: “It is absolutely outrageous how @BernieSanders is being treated by the @DNC. He should run as an independent.” (https://twitter.com/BenSasse/status/677950356471459840)
UPDATE: Sanders Sues DNC. (http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/263779-sanders-sues-democratic-party)
Plus: Bernie Sanders’ union supporter calls for him to consider independent run. (http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/18/bernie-sanders-union-supporter-independent-run?CMP=share_btn_tw)

Run, Bernie, Run! You’re an Independent already, so do it!

NightTrain
12-18-2015, 09:26 PM
LOL

Ahh yes. This is going to get very good.

Hello, GOP President.

Kathianne
12-19-2015, 09:04 AM
DNC caves:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/12/18/1461774/-DNC-restores-Sanders-campaign-access-to-voter-file

NightTrain
12-19-2015, 09:07 AM
I saw that... how unfortunate.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 09:09 AM
DNC caves:

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2015/12/18/1461774/-DNC-restores-Sanders-campaign-access-to-voter-file

Don't they always? Hell, they should be called Republicans. :laugh:

Russ
12-20-2015, 12:30 PM
Can someone explain this 'Voter Database' episode? From what I've read, a Bernie staffer searched a database of voter information that had been collected by the Clinton campaign. It also sounds like the database was residing in a DNC-controlled network. It also sounds like a firewall was supposed to be denying access to the database from Bernie staffers, but because it was misconfigured the firewall was actually allowing the access, and the Bernie staffer took advantage of this.

Much of what I just said I'm surmising because the articles I've seen never really explain any details. Can anyone confirm what I've said, or set the story straight, or post a good link?

Gunny
12-20-2015, 02:39 PM
Can someone explain this 'Voter Database' episode? From what I've read, a Bernie staffer searched a database of voter information that had been collected by the Clinton campaign. It also sounds like the database was residing in a DNC-controlled network. It also sounds like a firewall was supposed to be denying access to the database from Bernie staffers, but because it was misconfigured the firewall was actually allowing the access, and the Bernie staffer took advantage of this.

Much of what I just said I'm surmising because the articles I've seen never really explain any details. Can anyone confirm what I've said, or set the story straight, or post a good link?

I can't. I've been sitting here wondering just exactly what a "voter database" is since our votes are supposed to be private.

Gunny
12-20-2015, 03:20 PM

I had to let THIS one soak in. Tell me where I'm wrong. A dolt like Sanders and any goofs that would follow him hacked Hitlery's unsecure server for info she's not supposed to have? This gets better by the minute.:rolleyes:

Russ
12-20-2015, 08:14 PM
I had to let THIS one soak in. Tell me where I'm wrong. A dolt like Sanders and any goofs that would follow him hacked Hitlery's unsecure server for info she's not supposed to have? This gets better by the minute.:rolleyes:

Here's why I think this whole episode just makes Hillary and the Dem Party looks like whining idiots:

1. If the "voter database" is Dem Party owned information, then Bernie Sanders campaign should be allowed to look at it. He's a Dem, right?
2. If the "voter database" is Hillary-proprietary information, then how come she can't protect her own information? The Bernie staffers didn't hack there way into the database - it was mistakenly left accessible to all. Does this sound like a capable Presidential candidate to you? Her people can't even deploy a firewall to protect her "critical" information from a couple of clowns in the Bernie Sanders campaign? But she wants us to believe she could keep state secrets out of the hands of China, Russia, Iran, and Snowden's little brother?
3. Even if the voter database belongs to Hillary, she should just shut up about Bernie staffers seeing it. If her campaign can't block database requests from Bernie headquarters, then she should be yelling at her own people who aren't protecting the data, and stopping crying to the DNC how it's "unfair". Pathetic.

NightTrain
12-20-2015, 08:35 PM
From what I understand, the campaigns have a master database at the DNC that each works from and adds to, but any new collaborative information is kept separate until after the election - like polling, strategies, donors, etc.

The firewall that keeps the campaigns from snooping on each other was getting a patch, and in the 2 hour window it was down, a Bernie staffer jumped in and started grabbing files. Probably would have gotten a big bonus if he'd gotten away clean, but since he got caught he was summarily shitcanned.

Who knows, he probably was given a green light to do it with the understanding that if he was caught, he'd be tossed under the bus. Can't have that old Commie looking like a Commie, right? lol

Russ
12-20-2015, 11:51 PM
From what I understand, the campaigns have a master database at the DNC that each works from and adds to, but any new collaborative information is kept separate until after the election - like polling, strategies, donors, etc.

The firewall that keeps the campaigns from snooping on each other was getting a patch, and in the 2 hour window it was down, a Bernie staffer jumped in and started grabbing files. Probably would have gotten a big bonus if he'd gotten away clean, but since he got caught he was summarily shitcanned.

Who knows, he probably was given a green light to do it with the understanding that if he was caught, he'd be tossed under the bus. Can't have that old Commie looking like a Commie, right? lol

NT, thanks for that explanation, although part of it sounds strange to me. When a firewall is down, or offline, or fails, it fails "closed", not "open". When a firewall is being upgraded, it either maintains its normal set of rules or else it doesn't allow any access at all - it does not just allow open access. Some firewall guy totally messed up, is what I think happened.

I also think that if Hillary doesn't want her private database accessed by Bernie, then she should just keep possession of it herself. Don't give it to the DNC. That's like giving US intelligence to the UN, and asking them "please don't tell any of the other UN countries".

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-21-2015, 12:09 AM
NT, thanks for that explanation, although part of it sounds strange to me. When a firewall is down, or offline, or fails, it fails "closed", not "open". When a firewall is being upgraded, it either maintains its normal set of rules or else it doesn't allow any access at all - it does not just allow open access. Some firewall guy totally messed up, is what I think happened.

I also think that if Hillary doesn't want her private database accessed by Bernie, then she should just keep possession of it herself. Don't give it to the DNC. That's like giving US intelligence to the UN, and asking them "please don't tell any of the other UN countries".

Why didnt this supposed smartest woman in the world just have that info in her basement at her home. After all it was good enough for world shattering State secrets et al. :laugh:--Tyr

Russ
12-21-2015, 12:23 AM
Why didnt this supposed smartest woman in the world just have that info in her basement at her home. After all it was good enough for world shattering State secrets et al. :laugh:--Tyr

Exactly - perfect security! ;)