PDA

View Full Version : Rubio didn't show up to Omnibus spending bill vote

Black Diamond
12-19-2015, 11:49 AM
Cruz has been pounding rubio on this the last day or two and I think it's going to work.

Black Diamond
12-19-2015, 11:55 AM
http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/263719-rubio-misses-spending-bill-vote

Gunny
12-19-2015, 11:57 AM
Cruz has been pounding rubio on this the last day or two and I think it's going to work.

I think it's ridiculous. How many votes did Shrillery and O-blah-blah miss? More than one. O-blah-blah was an absentee senator.

Black Diamond
12-19-2015, 12:01 PM
I think it's ridiculous. How many votes did Shrillery and O-blah-blah miss? More than one. O-blah-blah was an absentee senator.

Obama is an absentee everything. But this spending bill gave Obama everything he wants. He barely had to ask for it.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 12:09 PM
Obama is an absentee everything. But this spending bill gave Obama everything he wants. He barely had to ask for it.

Just had to go THERE, huh? Pussy-ass Republican't. Yet the establishment wonders why conservatives are choosing outsiders. :rolleyes: Ain't a whole lot of math going on there.

Black Diamond
12-19-2015, 12:11 PM
Just had to go THERE, huh? Pussy-ass Republican't. Yet the establishment wonders why conservatives are choosing outsiders. :rolleyes: Ain't a whole lot of math going on there.

I was reading about this bill yesterday. It's unbelievable.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 12:20 PM

Agreed.

Tyr-Ziu Saxnot
12-19-2015, 12:32 PM

But this spending bill gave Obama everything he wants.

^^^^ CORRECT--- Bill ACTUALLY gave them more than they asked for or even had hoped for.
Entire bunch in there has now betrayed us yet again.
We have no government of, by and for the people.
Incrementation works miracles. They did this in a few decades(1960-2015) without having a fighting revolution.

THESE BASTARDS GAVE THE DEMS FAR MORE THAN EVEN THEY ASKED FOR!
And the dems , Schummer especially is gloating about it!

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/18/rush-cant-say-omnibus-is-a-good-deal-when-chuck-schumer-is-gloating-video/

Conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said Friday that Republican leadership will not convince him the omnibus spending bill — which passed a House vote on Friday — is a good deal, when so many “Democrats are gloating” over its passage.

Limbaugh noted that on Friday, “Democratic leaders held a press conference to gloat about the passage of the budget deal,” before playing comments made by Sen. Chuck Schumer . (RELATED: House Passes Massive Year-End Spending Bill)

“If you would have told me this year that we’d be standing here celebrating the passage of an omnibus bill,” Schumer claimed. “I wouldn’t have believed it, but here we are.”

“And we got more than we asked for?” Limbaugh asked in response. “This bill is a great victory for the principles of the Democratic Party, and we’ve got Republican establishment types telling me that I am misreading this?”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/18/rush-cant-say-omnibus-is-a-good-deal-when-chuck-schumer-is-gloating-video/#ixzz3umyAngjE

Black Diamond
12-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Cruz voted against it. Rubio no showed. A friend of mine had this to say when I told him rubio didn't show:

Of course he didn't - he already tried to completely legalize all immigration once and he failed (the 'gang of eight'). Now he wants to stay clear of anything that might show him to be what he is: a very moderate liberal/conservative. He is very articulate and I really like the guy -- but I absolutely no longer trust him.

PixieStix
12-19-2015, 02:17 PM

As it should. Only 2 missed this 1.8 trillion dollar omnibus. Rubio and Boxer. Not that it would have made a difference. But still why did he miss this gargantuan vote on this bill?

Out of 95 Senators Cruz was one that voted no. I respect that.

They need to get back to regular order, if they don't the dems win.

PixieStix
12-19-2015, 02:19 PM

It is disturbing.

Christie Brinkley
12-19-2015, 03:55 PM
Rubio. So establishment.

Gunny
12-19-2015, 08:05 PM
Rubio. So establishment.

Yeah. And a PERFECT running mate in my opinion for Cruz. Cruz appeals to the harder conservatives while Rubio appeals to the more moderate. It's not a new game. The Kennedy's -- especially Bobby -- hated LBJ. But they needed the Southern Democrat votes to win. This ain't a personality contest the right for some reason thinks it is.

PixieStix
12-19-2015, 09:34 PM
Yeah. And a PERFECT running mate in my opinion for Cruz. Cruz appeals to the harder conservatives while Rubio appeals to the more moderate. It's not a new game. The Kennedy's -- especially Bobby -- hated LBJ. But they needed the Southern Democrat votes to win. This ain't a personality contest the right for some reason thinks it is.

Rubio appeals to the illegals :2up:

Gunny
12-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Rubio appeals to the illegals :2up:

I'm all for running them out as caught. And not letting a gaggle of towelheads in. But I wouldn't spend the money trying to round them up. They get popped soon enough. We just need to keep them from being able to get back in. A wall isn't going to do it. We need to man the border with the best technology we have, and enough people to enforce it.

As far as Rubio goes, one battle at a time. We have to get into the White House first.

sundaydriver
12-20-2015, 07:20 AM
I'm not pissed at Rubio for missing yet another vote. What pisses me off is his explanation of missing the vote because he was busy campaigning for POTUS which is more important to him than doing the job he was hired for.

Gunny
12-20-2015, 09:08 AM
I'm not pissed at Rubio for missing yet another vote. What pisses me off is his explanation of missing the vote because he was busy campaigning for POTUS which is more important to him than doing the job he was hired for.

I see your point. He should have been there. However, he hardly set the precedent. Hillary and Obama were nonexistent in 08.

If you want to pyramid this, each time a senator/representative pulls this crap and wins, it's a seat lost. So in the "what if" category", say Cruz and Rubio run as a ticket. What does that do balance-wise to the Senate?

sundaydriver
12-20-2015, 09:35 AM

I see your point. He should have been there. However, he hardly set the precedent. Hillary and Obama were nonexistent in 08.

If you want to pyramid this, each time a senator/representative pulls this crap and wins, it's a seat lost. So in the "what if" category", say Cruz and Rubio run as a ticket. What does that do balance-wise to the Senate?

Rubio's highlighted statement is just what too many representatives believe. Running for an office to represent the people in it is your job if you win. Do it and do it well which takes time and you know this going in. Too many only want the job as a stepping stone to higher office along with the exposure, and pulpit it provides.

I've been hired for a job to get my foot in the door wanting more and moved up as hoped. But in the meantime I did my job and did it well to earn those promotions and have quit jobs to look for better. I never took a position to do it a little bit while spending the majority of my working time looking for that promotion or a job elsewhere.

I think politicians that have something more important to do than their duties should resign or wait until their term ends to campaign full time, but they refuse to give up the exposure the office they hold to do so.

Cruz/ Rubio would provide a balance. Sorta like 2 other Cuban brothers I know in politics.

Gunny
12-20-2015, 09:47 AM
Rubio's highlighted statement is just what too many representatives believe. Running for an office to represent the people in it is your job if you win. Do it and do it well which takes time and you know this going in. Too many only want the job as a stepping stone to higher office along with the exposure, and pulpit it provides.

I've been hired for a job to get my foot in the door wanting more and moved up as hoped. But in the meantime I did my job and did it well to earn those promotions and have quit jobs to look for better. I never took a position to do it a little bit while spending the majority of my working time looking for that promotion or a job elsewhere.

I think politicians that have something more important to do than their duties should resign or wait until their term ends to campaign full time, but they refuse to give up the exposure the office they hold to do so.

Cruz/ Rubio would provide a balance. Sorta like 2 other Cuban brothers I know in politics.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I understand both principle and process. I've always had an issue with it. A smart senator sucking off the government would wait until after 12 years to run so they could collect a couple hundred grand a year in retirement.

Gunny
12-20-2015, 10:04 AM
I'd be their worst nightmare. Trump's a peach compared to me. I'd fire Congress. period. Hold a new election. In the interim I'd cut their pay in half. Represent us? Live like us. No more perks. You pay for your own laundry, food, vehicle, and place to stay like the rest of us have to.

And that flight from the White House to Andrews AFB that costs a few thousand dollars? It's maybe 10 miles. Drive yourself.

Secret Service protection for life? Gone. Protect yourself. We have to.