PDA

View Full Version : This Odell Beckham Jr Crap

Gunny
12-21-2015, 12:59 PM
You come out to play, come out to play. I don't want to hear no damned whining. The MSM has jumped all over this like they do everything else. If I can talk you out of your game -- and I've done it more than twice -- I will. How about we let the players play the damned game? They are acting like trash talking was just invented. I've done it in basketball football and kickboxing. You can't sterilize it to be PC. If you can't talk trash in basketball you might as well not even suit up.

Our society is becoming so wimpy it's ridiculous.

jimnyc
12-21-2015, 01:24 PM
I gotta disagree, based on one hit. First off, he was a jackoff in general as he started shit like every other play. That's not cool. I understand they are men, but most of that crap isn't necessary. But then one play, he got like a 15 yard head start, came in full speed on the defensive back, leaped off of his feet so that he could go helmet to helmet with him. I'm not him, so I can't say for sure what the intent was, but that looked like he was trying to hurt him. Beckham was off his game and too busy fighting most of the day. And I think he may get a one game suspension from it, if not he'll get like a 50k fine would be my guess.

Gunny
12-21-2015, 01:50 PM
I gotta disagree, based on one hit. First off, he was a jackoff in general as he started shit like every other play. That's not cool. I understand they are men, but most of that crap isn't necessary. But then one play, he got like a 15 yard head start, came in full speed on the defensive back, leaped off of his feet so that he could go helmet to helmet with him. I'm not him, so I can't say for sure what the intent was, but that looked like he was trying to hurt him. Beckham was off his game and too busy fighting most of the day. And I think he may get a one game suspension from it, if not he'll get like a 50k fine would be my guess.

I don't disagree that he's a jackoff, and while I don't care if someone knocks the shit out of you in a play.

But I'll ask you this: what about that Steeler lineman that just hammered the Bronco? Was THAT one okay?

That crap between Beckham and Norman was on BOTH of them. Receivers and linemen on the worst if you're playing man. They talk a lot of crap because they face each other all game long and have time to. You talk shit to an athlete, come game time, best be up to it. Norman did exactly what I would have done -- Beckham's got a temper and I'd have exploited it. But not to the point that it became bigger than my TEAM winning the game.

Elessar
12-21-2015, 01:52 PM
It's O.K. to let them play the game, but when it comes down to an individual brawl like that
there is no place for it.

Beckham was certainly the aggressor here.

jimnyc
12-21-2015, 02:01 PM
I don't disagree that he's a jackoff, and while I don't care if someone knocks the shit out of you in a play.

But I'll ask you this: what about that Steeler lineman that just hammered the Bronco? Was THAT one okay?

That crap between Beckham and Norman was on BOTH of them. Receivers and linemen on the worst if you're playing man. They talk a lot of crap because they face each other all game long and have time to. You talk shit to an athlete, come game time, best be up to it. Norman did exactly what I would have done -- Beckham's got a temper and I'd have exploited it. But not to the point that it became bigger than my TEAM winning the game.

The Steelers player, that was Cody Wallace - and he's lucky he didn't paralyze the Denver player! He had like a 50-75lb weight advantage and came in full speed to that pile up, and hit him right in the head. He'll definitely be getting a heavy fine tomorrow too, no doubt. And even as a Steelers fan, I was pissed, as I knew instantly that was a minimum of a 15 yard penalty, and he's lucky he didn't get tossed from the game.

And yep, no doubt they were both guilty yesterday. But like I said, I'm basing my judgement on that one play. Once a player "leaves their feet" and then makes "head to head contact" - that's their own rules. And 95% of the time it's an accident by an over-aggressive pass rusher - but this one was a player that turned himself into a bullet!

And like you said - "team". that's what all of these guys have to remember, all of this crap hurts their teams. I hate the personal foul type penalties, because those are the penalties that are the most avoidable, usually a player that's a hot head, costing ya 15 at a clip. Steelers were getting beat up on and trying to get back in the game, and then *whammo* and they go back and have to repeat that 15.

jimnyc
12-21-2015, 02:02 PM
It's O.K. to let them play the game, but when it comes down to an individual brawl like that
there is no place for it.

Beckham was certainly the aggressor here.

IMO, the same as Vontaze Burfict in the game against Pittsburgh last week where he had to start crap after every play. They ended up fining him $35k for a low hit on Ben, and another $35k on 2 other personal foul BS fighting crap he was pulling. It hurt his team during the game, and then hurt his wallet after the game.

aboutime
12-21-2015, 06:14 PM
IMO. The present day members of the NFL have become the prime example, or representative of the exact lack of moral, personal responsibility being used by the General Public...all with the blessings of a LAWLESS, LIAR LIKE OBAMA....Whom too many admire for being just like him.

Gunny
12-21-2015, 07:24 PM
The Steelers player, that was Cody Wallace - and he's lucky he didn't paralyze the Denver player! He had like a 50-75lb weight advantage and came in full speed to that pile up, and hit him right in the head. He'll definitely be getting a heavy fine tomorrow too, no doubt. And even as a Steelers fan, I was pissed, as I knew instantly that was a minimum of a 15 yard penalty, and he's lucky he didn't get tossed from the game.

And yep, no doubt they were both guilty yesterday. But like I said, I'm basing my judgement on that one play. Once a player "leaves their feet" and then makes "head to head contact" - that's their own rules. And 95% of the time it's an accident by an over-aggressive pass rusher - but this one was a player that turned himself into a bullet!

And like you said - "team". that's what all of these guys have to remember, all of this crap hurts their teams. I hate the personal foul type penalties, because those are the penalties that are the most avoidable, usually a player that's a hot head, costing ya 15 at a clip. Steelers were getting beat up on and trying to get back in the game, and then *whammo* and they go back and have to repeat that 15.

C'mon ... he's a Steeler. Think I care if he clocks a Bronco? Nothing like sending a little message. But I hear ya about the personal fouls. When the play's over and guy's down you're kind of obvious. :laugh: At the same time, they were kind of quick with those flags on Pittsburgh and acted as if Beckham and Norman weren't in the arena. If you're going to call penalties, try to be be consistent.

Gunny
12-22-2015, 11:58 AM
It's even MORE BS. Only Beckham got suspended. If you're going to suspend anyone, suspend them both.

These morons need to think about the affect their antics have on their teams. Just more I/Me BS.

Black Diamond
12-22-2015, 11:58 AM
It's even MORE BS. Only Beckham got suspended. If you're going to suspend anyone, suspend them both.

These morons need to think about the affect their antics have on their teams. Just more I/Me BS.
Didn't Norman swing first?

Gunny
12-22-2015, 12:03 PM

I'm not sure about that. I don't remember. What I DO know is Norman goaded a hothead so he is as culpable in my book as the person who retaliates. Which is one thing I HATE about sports and the pro's are the worst. They always catch the person who retaliates and NEVER take into account what led up to it. Norman started talking trash before the game started.

Perianne
12-22-2015, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure about that. I don't remember. What I DO know is Norman goaded a hothead so he is as culpable in my book as the person who retaliates. Which is one thing I HATE about sports and the pro's are the worst. They always catch the person who retaliates and NEVER take into account what led up to it. Norman started talking trash before the game started.

Yes, but Odell Beckham is a poopoo head.

Black Diamond
12-22-2015, 12:36 PM

Which is probably why he and not Norman was suspended.

Gunny
12-22-2015, 12:38 PM

Doesn't matter to me. I'm definitely NOT a Giants fan either. My issue with the NFL is selective enforcement of rules and people (officials) getting paid lots of money to get things right. A good catch in one game is he was not in full possession of the ball in the next. It's why I haven't until recently (out of sheer boredom) watched the NFL in years.

I don't know a thing about Beckham. Just seems he's taking all the heat when Norman pushed him to it. You screw with me long enough and I'm going to lash out too. Most especially on a football field. I'm just more devious than Beckham. I'll wait for my shot. :)

Perianne
12-22-2015, 12:46 PM
Doesn't matter to me. I'm definitely NOT a Giants fan either. My issue with the NFL is selective enforcement of rules and people (officials) getting paid lots of money to get things right. A good catch in one game is he was not in full possession of the ball in the next. It's why I haven't until recently (out of sheer boredom) watched the NFL in years.

I don't know a thing about Beckham. Just seems he's taking all the heat when Norman pushed him to it. You screw with me long enough and I'm going to lash out too. Most especially on a football field. I'm just more devious than Beckham. I'll wait for my shot. :)

Here's the video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/physical-battle-between-josh-norman--odell-beckham-jr--turns-ugly-204842980.html

Gunny
12-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Here's the video:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/physical-battle-between-josh-norman--odell-beckham-jr--turns-ugly-204842980.html

I saw the game. Lucky me. :rolleyes: I never played football by these sissy rules they have now. We were allowed to play the game.

Black Diamond
12-22-2015, 12:53 PM
I saw the game. Lucky me. :rolleyes: I never played football by these sissy rules they have now. We were allowed to play the game.

It's about unwatchable

Perianne
12-22-2015, 12:53 PM

I went and played football one time. There were a bunch of us from work playing. I fell down and someone accidentally kicked me in the head. I got up and continued playing. A few minutes later the same thing happened again. After that, I quit.

Perianne
12-22-2015, 02:02 PM
The Giants are saying Odell Beckham was upset by gay slurs. Maybe he is gay. That would explain his horrid hair.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8152&stc=1

gabosaurus
12-22-2015, 05:09 PM
You come out to play, come out to play. I don't want to hear no damned whining. The MSM has jumped all over this like they do everything else. If I can talk you out of your game -- and I've done it more than twice -- I will. How about we let the players play the damned game? They are acting like trash talking was just invented. I've done it in basketball football and kickboxing. You can't sterilize it to be PC. If you can't talk trash in basketball you might as well not even suit up.

Our society is becoming so wimpy it's ridiculous.

Sorry Gunny, your views are from 50 years ago. If you knew how many former NFL players from that era either died before their time or are unable to function properly, you would know how important it is to protect the current generation.

I know you have to protect your tough guy image by stating these things, but you should place some thought into what you say first.

Gunny
12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Sorry Gunny, your views are from 50 years ago. If you knew how many former NFL players from that era either died before their time or are unable to function properly, you would know how important it is to protect the current generation.

I know you have to protect your tough guy image by stating these things, but you should place some thought into what you say first.

Pussy shit. Don't go out to play if you don't have the stones. You put some thought into what YOU say. It's a hard game and tough people play it. Wimps run home crying to mamma. People like you have turned it into a freakin ballet. They might as well wear tutu's.

If you can't run with the big dogs, keep your wimpy liberal ass under the porch where it belongs.

gabosaurus
12-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Pussy shit. Don't go out to play if you don't have the stones. You put some thought into what YOU say. It's a hard game and tough people play it. Wimps run home crying to mamma. People like you have turned it into a freakin ballet. They might as well wear tutu's.

If you can't run with the big dogs, keep your wimpy liberal ass under the porch where it belongs.

Sorry, dear. We're not playing gladiators anymore. It's not a badge of honor to be in your 40's and 50's and not being to walk properly. Or be unable to get up and dress yourself without assistance.

Gunny, you need to watch rugby. There are no helmets, no padding and pretty much no rules on hitting another person. A player stays on the field until he has to be carried off.

Gunny
12-22-2015, 05:32 PM
Sorry, dear. We're not playing gladiators anymore. It's not a badge of honor to be in your 40's and 50's and not being to walk properly. Or be unable to get up and dress yourself without assistance.

Gunny, you need to watch rugby. There are no helmets, no padding and pretty much no rules on hitting another person. A player stays on the field until he has to be carried off.

And you're barking up the wrong tree. I was raised to be a man, not some pampered wuss. I DON'T walk properly and could care less. First thing goes on in the morning is a knee brace. I wouldn't trade a second of it to be somebody's molly-coddled little bitch. Matter of fact, I need surgery but as long as I can tape up and suck it up, it ain't happening.

We played without pads when I was a kid and knocked the sh*t out of each other and when you got hammered, everyone watched to see what you were going to do. The pansies that crawled off weren't ever invited to play again. I don't live in your little pampered world. Nor do I have some "tough guy image". I grew up with a bunch of alpha male military brats. I didn't know you wuss's even existed until my dad got stationed in Monterey for school. Seems that ocean air off the Pacific in CA affects your testosterone level.:rolleyes:

And if I could get rugby or Australian rules football, you can BET I'd be watching it.

Elessar
12-22-2015, 05:38 PM

I played football from high school, to college, recreation leagues, and military tournaments,
well over 20 years.

Both knees are shot, one has 75% of the cartilage removed.

I would not have done it differently.

What is your ailment in comparison? Metacarpal Tunnel Syndrome?:laugh:

Gunny
12-22-2015, 05:51 PM
I played football from high school, to college, recreation leagues, and military tournaments,
well over 20 years.

Both knees are shot, one has 75% of the cartilage removed.

I would not have done it differently.

What is your ailment in comparison? Metacarpal Tunnel Syndrome?:laugh:

My ACL is toast. I wear a steel brace just to hold my leg together. Both ankles broken twice and sprained a dozen times each. And you must be old. Hell, I got promoted meritoriously to Cpl because I was the meanest LB on the CO's Battalion team. :laugh:

What would we have done differently? Hang out at the club or in the barracks playing spades? The day I retired I played basketball for 2 hours straight. In the meantime, I powerlifted and practiced martial arts. You can't take a second of THAT away from me. I had a blast.

And the little sympathy story Gabby tells is touching and all that, but I EARNED all this. If you're going to be a wuss, play tiddly winks. So when you're in your 50's that knot on your thumb can be covered by Obamacare.

Elessar
12-22-2015, 06:02 PM
My ACL is toast. I wear a steel brace just to hold my leg together. Both ankles broken twice and sprained a dozen times each. And you must be old. Hell, I got promoted meritoriously to Cpl because I was the meanest LB on the CO's Battalion team. :laugh:

What would we have done differently? Hang out at the club or in the barracks playing spades? The day I retired I played basketball for 2 hours straight. In the meantime, I powerlifted and practiced martial arts. You can't take a second of THAT away from me. I had a blast.

And the little sympathy story Gabby tells is touching and all that, but I EARNED all this. If you're going to be a wuss, play tiddly winks. So when you're in your 50's that knot on your thumb can be covered by Obamacare.

I worked in two gyms in the CG. I was in the weight room and pool every day just as I was in college.

Split my freakin' left ankle open with an axe just after graduating from high school but still worked as
as lifeguard, even with a cast on my foot. The doc who sewed me up knew me from football and track told
me I would never run again. I took that as a challenge and beat all my HS records my first year
in college.

Do it differently? No, except I never wore moccasins again clearing trails!:laugh:

aboutime
12-22-2015, 06:06 PM
WHY did this thread have to become an "I did more than you" about injuries, when the topic is about the NFL treating Celebs like GOLD????

darin
12-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Was a dick-move by Odell. He deserves his "punishment".

jimnyc
12-23-2015, 10:05 AM
C'mon ... he's a Steeler. Think I care if he clocks a Bronco? Nothing like sending a little message. But I hear ya about the personal fouls. When the play's over and guy's down you're kind of obvious. :laugh: At the same time, they were kind of quick with those flags on Pittsburgh and acted as if Beckham and Norman weren't in the arena. If you're going to call penalties, try to be be consistent.

Normally I don't care! But it cost us 15 in a tight spot. And normal jawing is cool, and I know some aggressive play will happen - but when someone needs to run 15 yards before blasting into someone, that's kinda a thought out plan.

And the refs and consistency? Never gonna happen, and I don't know why. Maybe some of them just plain suck. No need to give them freebies to bring out the yellow flag though.

jimnyc
12-23-2015, 10:07 AM

I don't think they suspended based on who swung first or the antics as a whole - I think Beckham got his suspension based on his helmet to helmet hit, leaping off of his feet. I'm trying to see if they released a list of fines yet for last week, as I would imagine that Norman, and Wallace from the Steelers are seeing a lot less in their paychecks this week.

Gunny
12-23-2015, 10:15 AM
Normally I don't care! But it cost us 15 in a tight spot. And normal jawing is cool, and I know some aggressive play will happen - but when someone needs to run 15 yards before blasting into someone, that's kinda a thought out plan.

And the refs and consistency? Never gonna happen, and I don't know why. Maybe some of them just plain suck. No need to give them freebies to bring out the yellow flag though.

There was this on. IIRC his name was Jerry Seimen or something like that. If you were Dallas, you were screwed. And I was living in Texas at the time and guess who you watch in Texas? It was absolutely absurd. I recall one game against Cleveland he flagged them 3 plays in a row until the kicker was out of FG range after he'd made the kick 3 times. That you don't like Dallas is not the issue. I think these ref's have their favorites like everyone else and allow their bias to cloud their judgement.

The shot that Steeler took was SO ridiculously obvious and like you said, it cost them 15 yards at a critical point. Offensive linemen ain't known exactly for their genius. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-23-2015, 10:19 AM
There was this on. IIRC his name was Jerry Seimen or something like that. If you were Dallas, you were screwed. And I was living in Texas at the time and guess who you watch in Texas? It was absolutely absurd. I recall one game against Cleveland he flagged them 3 plays in a row until the kicker was out of FG range after he'd made the kick 3 times. That you don't like Dallas is not the issue. I think these ref's have their favorites like everyone else and allow their bias to cloud their judgement.

The shot that Steeler took was SO ridiculously obvious and like you said, it cost them 15 yards at a critical point. Offensive linemen ain't known exactly for their genius. :laugh:

There's like 90 cameras around the field and now they have the damn camera hovering by lines over their heads. Why in the world some of these guys think they are going to get away with obvious shit is beyond me. I guess they can afford the fines. :dunno:

Gunny
12-23-2015, 10:27 AM
There's like 90 cameras around the field and now they have the damn camera hovering by lines over their heads. Why in the world some of these guys think they are going to get away with obvious shit is beyond me. I guess they can afford the fines. :dunno:

Thing is, you could call holding on just about every play. Their favorite THIS year appears to be offensive pass interference. And, THIS is the exact reason I quit watching the NFL. It's the referee show. The NFl itself is a control freak machine. Before they try to make the rules and players perfect, perhaps they should hire some officials that can see?

Otherwise, I want to watch the players play football. The NFL and the team owners have ruined the game of football, IMO.

You're correct about the cameras. Next, the players will all have to have helmet cams like they are doing to the police.

jimnyc
12-23-2015, 10:29 AM
You're correct about the cameras. Next, the players will all have to have helmet cams like they are doing to the police.

Give me a contract for $100 million dollars over a few years and I'll let you stick a small camera up my a$$. :laugh2:

Gunny
12-23-2015, 10:40 AM
Give me a contract for $100 million dollars over a few years and I'll let you stick a small camera up my a$$. :laugh2:

LMAO. While funny, THAT is exactly what has ruined the game. When I started watching, these guys all had day jobs. They didn't get much money in the NFL. Ernie Ladd left the AFL because he said he could make over $100k in pro wrestling and about $10K playing football. Nick Buoniconti was a lawyer.

Two things come to my mind as pivotal:

Eric Dickerson hijacking the LA Rams. When Duane Thomas tried that with Cowboys in 71 they just cut him and he was one of the best RBs in the NFL.

Free agency. Free agency has destroyed any sense of team loyalty.

LongTermGuy
12-23-2015, 11:23 AM
It's about unwatchable

Change the channel next time...:laugh:

LongTermGuy
12-23-2015, 11:25 AM
WHY did this thread have to become an "I did more than you" about injuries, when the topic is about the NFL treating Celebs like GOLD????

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

LongTermGuy
12-23-2015, 11:26 AM

Lak of focus...and Emotional Ignorance...

Gunny
12-23-2015, 11:43 AM

Why do you have to piss on everything? We're just telling war stories. I ain't trying to one-up anyone. I sure as Hell didn't split my damned ankle with an axe. :laugh: I broke my ankle the first time trying to play Spiderman while rock climbing in Indian Cove. Last time I ever went rock climbing and drinking beer at the same time. And there was NOTHING funny about it at the time.

The point is, relating experiences has NOTHING to do with "I did more than you". What I've noticed about YOU is you can't stand the fact anyone else talks about their experiences. You're like this little chihuahua ... always runs around behind the half pit half Australian cattle dog and takes a piss in the same spot like he's something.

Give it a rest, huh? Nobody wants to fight with you. As a matter of fact, more than a few here tolerate you solely because you are a vet. Perhaps you should try showing that same loyalty back? So some of us were athletes. Big deal. What experiences would you like us to relate? Nuclear physics?

I mean really, AT ....

Edit: Oh ... and I think it's okay to hijack the thread I started. Every thread on the board progresses to something that usually isn't about the OP. This one's no different.

Perianne
12-23-2015, 07:25 PM
The gay Giant has been suspended for one game.

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8164&stc=1

Black Diamond
12-23-2015, 07:34 PM
The gay Giant has been suspended for one game.

Phil Simms is already retired.

aboutime
12-23-2015, 08:21 PM
Why do you have to piss on everything? We're just telling war stories. I ain't trying to one-up anyone. I sure as Hell didn't split my damned ankle with an axe. :laugh: I broke my ankle the first time trying to play Spiderman while rock climbing in Indian Cove. Last time I ever went rock climbing and drinking beer at the same time. And there was NOTHING funny about it at the time.

The point is, relating experiences has NOTHING to do with "I did more than you". What I've noticed about YOU is you can't stand the fact anyone else talks about their experiences. You're like this little chihuahua ... always runs around behind the half pit half Australian cattle dog and takes a piss in the same spot like he's something.

Give it a rest, huh? Nobody wants to fight with you. As a matter of fact, more than a few here tolerate you solely because you are a vet. Perhaps you should try showing that same loyalty back? So some of us were athletes. Big deal. What experiences would you like us to relate? Nuclear physics?

I mean really, AT ....

Edit: Oh ... and I think it's okay to hijack the thread I started. Every thread on the board progresses to something that usually isn't about the OP. This one's no different.

Short, and simple answer. The 1st amendment, and the rules here allow me to say what I want.
If you don't like it. So be it. The same way I am forced to tolerate your rants.

glockmail
12-23-2015, 09:20 PM

As all you should know by now, I'm not a fan of pro sports. But last night while working on my car I listened to a sports talk show (it takes over Rush Radio at 6pm until midnight or so). It was mildly interesting hear them go on and non about this so I didn't change the station like I normally do.

So obviously I didn't watch the game and see these antics for myself.

That being said, if this asshole did what you described, he should be prosecuted for assault. If I was the opposing coach I would require the victim to press charges. If I were his coach I would have fired him on the spot.

One more reason why I'm not a coach.

aboutime
12-23-2015, 09:55 PM
As all you should know by now, I'm not a fan of pro sports. But last night while working on my car I listened to a sports talk show (it takes over Rush Radio at 6pm until midnight or so). It was mildly interesting hear them go on and non about this so I didn't change the station like I normally do.

So obviously I didn't watch the game and see these antics for myself.

That being said, if this asshole did what you described, he should be prosecuted for assault. If I was the opposing coach I would require the victim to press charges. If I were his coach I would have fired him on the spot.

One more reason why I'm not a coach.

Glock. They are afraid of him. He threatens them with being gay, black, and BLACK LIVES MATTER bullshit he knows....he can get away with.

It's almost like what Jesse Jackson did several years ago when he Extorted from NASCAR, and promised to close them down because there weren't any BLACK drivers. He and Al (Notso)Sharpton have been extorting, stealing, black(white)mailing important people for years. And since we have a Dummy...I mean, Obama in the w/h...all they have to do is cry RACIST!!!!
Political Correctness is balanced on Hatred, Ignorance, and Pure Stupidity which equates to RACIST.

Gunny
12-23-2015, 11:53 PM
Short, and simple answer. The 1st amendment, and the rules here allow me to say what I want.
If you don't like it. So be it. The same way I am forced to tolerate your rants.

Say what you want. What I don't like is you pissing on MY shit, squid. You want to talk about ranting? Probably should read the whiny ass shit you post especially when you're little jealous streak crops up. Now you want to keep on running your suck? Or you want to let it go? I'm not here to fight but I'll light your ignorant ass up if you keep pushing me.

Make your choice wisely motherfucker.