PDA

View Full Version : Rothenburg, ob der Tauber - neat city

darin
12-21-2015, 03:07 PM
When I get rich like jimnyc I think I'll move here; live here forever. Beautiful city. Feels perfect.

First photo is from the window of the hotel; rest are from around town.

Abbey Marie
12-21-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm sure you were already planning to, but can you post some pix of Christmas decorations- German style?

Drummond
12-21-2015, 06:07 PM
Reminds me of a German town I visited once ... Eltville-am-Rhein. Despite its 'little village' appearance, it's actually the biggest town of the region ..

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8143&stc=1

http://www.debatepolicy.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8144&stc=1

Perianne
12-21-2015, 06:40 PM
Ya'll be careful talking about German towns. It won't be long until someone calls you a Nazi.

darin
12-22-2015, 01:45 AM
I'm sure you were already planning to, but can you post some pix of Christmas decorations- German style?

Are you thinking about house decorations? Interior stuff? City? :)

My family and I nearly lost our minds - this city had a Goddamn BABY JESUS manger scene right out there in the open! Holy Hell. We are fragile American Progressives...

:)

Ya'll be careful talking about German towns. It won't be long until someone calls you a Nazi.

People call me lots of things :)

CSM
12-22-2015, 06:25 AM
I have been there a few times... beautiful city indeed!

Drummond
12-22-2015, 07:28 AM
The German sense of style and architecture has always seemed to me to be remarkable. Way better than, for example, modern British ideas on the subject.

Abbey Marie
12-22-2015, 08:41 AM

My family and I nearly lost our minds - this city had a Goddamn BABY JESUS manger scene right out there in the open! Holy Hell. We are fragile American Progressives...

Exteriors, all kinds. :cool:

Gunny
12-22-2015, 08:54 AM

I'll put my response in your Racism thread. This is someone's pic thread. Germany is a beautiful place. Got a brother buried in Weisbaden. Been there once.

Perianne
12-22-2015, 12:35 PM

With all respect, dmp, saying this just seems so wrong. I will pray for you, sir.

darin
12-23-2015, 04:26 AM
With all respect, dmp, saying this just seems so wrong. I will pray for you, sir.

Well, it wasn't the REAL Jesus. Was made out of wood I assume.

When people say "You said or did something I find wrong, I will Pray for you" - it reeks of arrogance. :)