PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas Morning!

jimnyc
12-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Woke up late for me. When I was a kid I remember the 4 of us would be sitting by the tree in the living room at like 3 or 4am waiting for Dad and Mom to get out of bed. Of course we were unaware they just went to bed minutes ago from wrapping a gazillion gifts for us. But the lights were on and literally a mountain of gifts around the tree. Even had some snow on the ground for quite a few of those years.

Now our Christmas is on Christmas Eve. Only 3 of us, and no friends/relatives around... so we have a great dinner & open gifts together. We had a massive prime rib for dinner last night, just like the one the grinch stole!

But now mornings are different. I miss that wanting to get up early, the kids, the lights in the darkness, the early Christmas music, coffee and crumb cake.

Right now I have Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Bing Crosby and others serenading me with Silver Bells right now. Sipping the coffee, about to make some calls around the east coast to family.

I hope you're all staying warm in this freezing weather, sitting with family and loved ones, listening to music and enjoying the Christmas vibes!

http://micheleborba.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Christmas-Scene-christmas-2736054-1024-768.jpg