PDA

View Full Version : The Seven Deadly Sin

Perianne
12-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Are you subject, or lean towards, any of these "deadly sins"? I admit that my weakness of the seven is pride.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

http://www.deadlysins.com/

Gunny
12-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Are you subject, or lean towards, any of these "deadly sins"? I admit that my weakness of the seven is pride.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

I'll go with 1 and 5.

aboutime
12-27-2015, 07:08 PM

Perianne. "IMO; none of those Seven Deadly Sins mean anything to anyone who denies there is a God.
Those sins were based, in part on the Following of the TEN COMMANDMENTS.
However, today. Far too many people deny there are any 10 Commandments SINCE....
They also do not believe in a Higher Power who would teach those Uninformed, Unbelievers to observe the 10, and Reject any reference to those SEVEN DEADLY SINS."

"By denial of the TEN, there is no need for them to be Morally responsible for their actions of Instant Gratification."
(a quote by aboutime)

darin
12-28-2015, 02:29 AM
I get a little frustrated when I hear Churches and others take those to mean ANY amount of, say, craving for pleasures of the body is lust.