PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

jimnyc
12-28-2015, 09:29 PM
So what's your plans? Anyone doing anything exciting?

Truth be told, I'm not so sure how many times I've even made it to midnight in the past 10 years, maybe just a couple of times. I'm a morning person anymore. I suppose I could make it to midnight, but may need to take a few hits off the meth pipe in order to make it. :)

Dad is in NJ until next Monday. I was debating heading down there for another visit, I dunno. Another $25 in tolls or so, another full tank of gas. Hotel costs, although I would get a good discount. Then I get anxiety just from being there. But how many more opportunities am I going to have to see my Dad? He turns 80 next year.

So what is everyone doing?

Whatever it is, I hope you all stay safe and have lots of fun!

Perianne
12-28-2015, 10:04 PM
I am scheduled to work. Time and one-half pay after midnight.

darin
12-29-2015, 02:04 AM
I'm struggling with New Years. Looking for something fun for my kids. Mom just left so they're a little down. Need to lift their spirits - and avoid sitting-home.

Gunny
12-29-2015, 02:30 AM

Truth be told, I'm not so sure how many times I've even made it to midnight in the past 10 years, maybe just a couple of times. I'm a morning person anymore. I suppose I could make it to midnight, but may need to take a few hits off the meth pipe in order to make it. :)

Dad is in NJ until next Monday. I was debating heading down there for another visit, I dunno. Another $25 in tolls or so, another full tank of gas. Hotel costs, although I would get a good discount. Then I get anxiety just from being there. But how many more opportunities am I going to have to see my Dad? He turns 80 next year.

So what is everyone doing?

Whatever it is, I hope you all stay safe and have lots of fun!

Got money says I'll be holding 15 lbs of bundle of joy. Hell, I think I'm a partying MF-er if I can get out for 20 minutes and cop some smokes and firewood. :laugh:

darin
12-29-2015, 03:11 AM
...15 lbs bundle of joy.:

...that was my nickname in college. ;)

glockmail
12-29-2015, 02:13 PM
For the last few years we've bundled up, headed down to the ski lodge to watch fireworks at midnight. They typically have a dinner party, that we don't go to, but there's an outside deck where we can open up our own bottle of champagne and a munch on cheese and crackers.

With any luck though we'll end up just down the street to the Tap Room. It's a tiny little bar that serves out of five kegs, all local craft beers, for $5 pints or a flight for $6. When they run out of one they change out the tap and serve a different variety.

LongTermGuy
12-29-2015, 10:50 PM
....(a regular thing we do)...Friends have some property in South Carolina....Good People...Good food...good conversation ....and bringing some toys to play with...all day and Night thing....staying there overnight...

Black Diamond
12-29-2015, 10:51 PM
....(a regular thing we do)...Friends have some property in South Carolina....Good People...Good food...good conversation ....and bringing some toys to play with...all day and Night thing....staying there overnight...

Charleston?

LongTermGuy
12-29-2015, 11:02 PM
Charleston?

​No...sticks...away from regular people....

Balu
12-29-2015, 11:33 PM
Planning to leave tomorrow morning at about 4 a.m. for Nizhny Novgorog Region by car, to spend there my New Year Holidays.
Hope it'll take me not more than 8 hours to cover about 400 miles. The gifts for our friends are prepared.
The weather forecast is encouraging - little snow and 5F.
My wife asked her friend there to switch on the flat heating system in the morning, which is now in anti-frost mode, so by our arrival my flat there will be warm and comfortable. The time before the New Year will be enough to decorate a New Year tree, to cook the duck and lay the table.
Happy New Year to you all, Americans! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

indago
12-29-2015, 11:40 PM
Happy New Year to you all, Americans! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

Back atcha!

Gunny
12-30-2015, 03:40 AM
...that was my nickname in college. ;)

I'd drop your ass like a hot rock. Whoops. :laugh:

Jeff
12-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Heading to a club to see my favorite band, we go often to see them play. The band name is 3&20 and we are personal friends of the band. They are playing in SC so there wont be much drinking, I am sure the road blocks will be everywhere.

LongTermGuy
12-30-2015, 10:26 AM
Planning to leave tomorrow morning at about 4 a.m. for Nizhny Novgorog Region by car, to spend there my New Year Holidays.
Hope it'll take me not more than 8 hours to cover about 400 miles. The gifts for our friends are prepared.
The weather forecast is encouraging - little snow and 5F.
My wife asked her friend there to switch on the flat heating system in the morning, which is now in anti-frost mode, so by our arrival my flat there will be warm and comfortable. The time before the New Year will be enough to decorate a New Year tree, to cook the duck and lay the table.

And to You Balu....enjoy and be safe...

Kathianne
12-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Been sick for a couple days, one sick day-one day off. Another off day today and finally feeling near normal. Making pulled pork and a couple appetizers for New Year's Eve, which we'll have to observe prior to 10pm, I have to be at work 8 am on New Year's Day. LOL!

LongTermGuy
12-30-2015, 04:48 PM
Been sick for a couple days, one sick day-one day off. Another off day today and finally feeling near normal. Making pulled pork and a couple appetizers for New Year's Eve, which we'll have to observe prior to 10pm, I have to be at work 8 am on New Year's Day. LOL!

​Bless your heart....KAT..

Balu
12-31-2015, 06:31 AM
Thank to everybody. I've arrived fine without problems.
Happy New Year to you, Americans, again, and all my Best wishes to you and your families. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

CSM
12-31-2015, 07:20 AM
Thank to everybody. I've arrived fine without problems.
Happy New Year to you, Americans, again, and all my Best wishes to you and your families. http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/drinks.gif

Happy New Year, Balu.

Balu
01-02-2016, 04:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyjhcpeoHQ

glockmail
01-03-2016, 06:12 PM
Two Russians can drive!