PDA

View Full Version : Police still looking for missing girl; community meeting tonight

waterrescuedude2000
07-12-2007, 11:40 PM
With no major developments in the search for missing 12-year-old Zina Linnik, Tacoma police are working through the hundreds of tips and leads they’ve received since the girl disappeared July 4.

“Just legwork,” police spokesman Mark Fulghum sad this morning. “Old-fashioned police work.”

A Parkland man who is being detained on unrelated immigration violations remains the sole person of interest in the case, Fulghum said.

Zina disappeared about 9:45 p.m. July 4, police say. She was last seen in the alley near her family’s home in the 2500 block of South J Street in Tacoma and was believed to have been abducted.

The girl’s father, Mikhail, said he heard a scream from the alley and saw what he described as an older-model gray van that sped away.

Tacoma police will answer questions about the case tonight during a community meeting. It starts at 6 p.m. in the Peace Community Center, 2106 S. Cushman Ave.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/updates/story/108613.html

Immigration violations?? Just another reason to secure our borders. I am so sick and tired of the world we live in when I was a kid we could go out without worrying about the sex offenders. Now you cant even let your kids out of your sight at your own home.

nevadamedic
07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
With no major developments in the search for missing 12-year-old Zina Linnik, Tacoma police are working through the hundreds of tips and leads they’ve received since the girl disappeared July 4.

“Just legwork,” police spokesman Mark Fulghum sad this morning. “Old-fashioned police work.”

A Parkland man who is being detained on unrelated immigration violations remains the sole person of interest in the case, Fulghum said.

Zina disappeared about 9:45 p.m. July 4, police say. She was last seen in the alley near her family’s home in the 2500 block of South J Street in Tacoma and was believed to have been abducted.

The girl’s father, Mikhail, said he heard a scream from the alley and saw what he described as an older-model gray van that sped away.

Tacoma police will answer questions about the case tonight during a community meeting. It starts at 6 p.m. in the Peace Community Center, 2106 S. Cushman Ave.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/updates/story/108613.html

Immigration violations?? Just another reason to secure our borders. I am so sick and tired of the world we live in when I was a kid we could go out without worrying about the sex offenders. Now you cant even let your kids out of your sight at your own home.

That's the fifth in two months now............