PDA

View Full Version : Drummond

Gunny
12-29-2015, 04:10 PM
If you want to be entertained, you should watch some US news. Some woman going off because her flight was canceled and blaming the airlines. Yeah, they got out their Bush weather machine and flooded the Mississippi Valley because they wanted to lose money. :rolleyes:

You can't make this kind of crap up. :laugh:

Drummond
12-29-2015, 04:40 PM
If you want to be entertained, you should watch some US news. Some woman going off because her flight was canceled and blaming the airlines. Yeah, they got out their Bush weather machine and flooded the Mississippi Valley because they wanted to lose money. :rolleyes:

You can't make this kind of crap up. :laugh:

Strangely enough, I don't get all that much opportunity to watch US news ... maybe the BBC would relay a half-hour American news bulletin which I'll get to see if I stay up until some unGodly hour, but otherwise, the only news content I'd see from my available channels is that which our own broadcasters filter through their own output (e.g a clip of a Trump comment, with BBC-biased commentary accompanying). Ah, but we DO have Al Jazeera 'in all its glory'. There's no transmitting platform, here, that fails to carry it ...

No matter. We have our own home-grown crazies here, and reports do come my way from them. If I want to listen to biased cloud-cuckooland rot, a quick half-hour burst of the James O'Brien show on LBC News usually hits the spot.

We have our own flood difficulties ... storm after storm is reaching us from the Atlantic, with 'Storm Frank' approaching. Although here, all this does is to further strengthen the belief in 'Global Warming' ... that belief here is very widespread.

Gunny
12-29-2015, 04:51 PM
Strangely enough, I don't get all that much opportunity to watch US news ... maybe the BBC would relay a half-hour American news bulletin which I'll get to see if I stay up until some unGodly hour, but otherwise, the only news content I'd see from my available channels is that which our own broadcasters filter through their own output (e.g a clip of a Trump comment, with BBC-biased commentary accompanying). Ah, but we DO have Al Jazeera 'in all its glory'. There's no transmitting platform, here, that fails to carry it ...

No matter. We have our own home-grown crazies here, and reports do come my way from them. If I want to listen to biased cloud-cuckooland rot, a quick half-hour burst of the James O'Brien show on LBC News usually hits the spot.

We have our own flood difficulties ... storm after storm is reaching us from the Atlantic, with 'Storm Frank' approaching. Although here, all this does is to further strengthen the belief in 'Global Warming' ... that belief here is very widespread.

I get to see BBC about 2:30 AM my time. Fortunately for them, I'm an insomniac. :laugh:

That must be a damned good weather machine Bush has. He can rent it out to London, huh?:laugh:

Drummond
12-29-2015, 05:19 PM
I get to see BBC about 2:30 AM my time. Fortunately for them, I'm an insomniac. :laugh:

That must be a damned good weather machine Bush has. He can rent it out to London, huh?:laugh:

Judging by our weather recently, he must've already done so .....

Haven't checked recently, but it used to be that the BBC relayed an ABC News broadcast at around 2AM. Sky News used to do the same for CBS News. But other than that, I get no direct American feeds. CNN -- not any longer. When I was signed up to the Sky satellite system, paying for their premium package gave me access to Fox News, so it's from that, that I knew programmes such as the O'Reilly Factor, and Hannity & Colmes (I always enjoyed Ann Coulter's appearances).

But only Sky carries Fox News, only via satellite, and you only see it if you pay a lot for the privilege. Otherwise, it's occasional viewings of online clips. Or, a Hannity radio show from a syndicated broadcast of it via my usual Internet radio feed of choice, WSB in Atlanta.

Failing that, it's just BBC bilge (or independent alternatives). Or, Al Jazeera. Or, RT News (Russian propaganda).

jimnyc
12-29-2015, 05:49 PM

Oh man, you need to find a way to tune into MSNBC!! Maybe even a few re-runs from off of Youtube if you can. The liberal insanity will crack you up!!

Black Diamond
12-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Oh man, you need to find a way to tune into MSNBC!! Maybe even a few re-runs from off of Youtube if you can. The liberal insanity will crack you up!!

I don't know if CNN is much better. I used to watch it. Couldn't stand it anymore.

jimnyc
12-29-2015, 05:52 PM
I don't know if CNN is much better. I used to watch it. Couldn't stand it anymore.

I think they ALL suck, quite frankly. I just assume hop on the internet and read stories from around the world, and then gather them up and find the truth somewhere in there.

Or maybe look around and see if we can find NK news? :dunno:

Gunny
12-29-2015, 05:53 PM

You trying to ruin the poor man or what? MSNBC? I'd rather be shot, stabbed and thrown into a barrel of salt water. :laugh:

jimnyc
12-29-2015, 05:54 PM
You trying to ruin the poor man or what? MSNBC? I'd rather be shot, stabbed and thrown into a barrel of salt water. :laugh:

Is Maddow even still around? And Matthews? I honestly don't ever watch so I honestly have no clue. But I can kinda imagine his face if he had to listen to either for longer than about 5 minutes. You think he doesn't like the liberal word now? :laugh:

Black Diamond
12-29-2015, 05:59 PM
Is Maddow even still around? And Matthews? I honestly don't ever watch so I honestly have no clue. But I can kinda imagine his face if he had to listen to either for longer than about 5 minutes. You think he doesn't like the liberal word now? :laugh:

Maddow is still there. Seen her while flipping through channels. Matthews is still tingling.

Gunny
12-29-2015, 06:02 PM

I've actually hit the channel by accident and that dumb broad is still around. I can stand about 3 seconds of her before I need the brain bleach. She's dumber than Obama.