PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum

Perianne
12-29-2015, 11:58 PM
Tonight on TV I heard Rick Santorum quoting Abraham Lincoln in a positive way.

From this day forward I will hold Santorum as just another politician. To quote Lincoln is heresy. Lincoln was the most evil president this country has ever known. He deserved to be shot. Today he is in hell with Stalin, Pol Pot, and Teddy Kennedy. They are sitting around a card table laughing at how they all destroyed their countries.

Perianne
12-30-2015, 02:04 AM
In 1848 Abraham Lincoln said: “Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better.”

I suppose "any people" did not mean the South. He was obviously a liar.

Perianne
12-30-2015, 02:18 AM
May 18, 1864

Major-General John A. Drx,
Commanding at New York:
Whereas there has been wickedly and traitorously printed and published this morning in the New York World and New York Journal of Commerce, newspapers printed and published in the city of New York, a false and spurious proclamation purporting to be signed by the President and to be countersigned by the Secretary of State, which publication is of a treasonable nature, designed to give aid and comfort to the enemies of the United States and to the rebels now at war against the Government and their aiders and abettors, you are therefore hereby commanded forthwith to arrest and imprison in any fort or military prison in your command the editors, proprietors, and publishers of the aforesaid newspapers, and all such persons as, after public notice has been given of the falsehood of said publication, print and publish the same with intent to give aid and comfort to the enemy; and you will hold the persons so arrested in close custody until they can be brought to trial before a military commission for their offense. You will also take possession by military force of the printing establishments of the New York World and Journal of Commerce, and hold the same until further orders, and prohibit any further publication therefrom.
A. LINCOLN.

Perianne
12-30-2015, 02:21 AM
Who does this sound like?

In his 1860 inaugural address, Lincoln said: “I have no purpose, directly or indirectly, to interfere with the institution of slavery in the states where it exists. I believe I have no lawful right to do so, and I have no inclination to do so.”

Obama said he had no authority to change immigration, but like his hero Abraham Lincoln, he did it anyway.

Perianne
12-30-2015, 02:43 AM
More illegalities from the president who now resides in a warm climate:

Few presidents have interpreted their wartime powers as broadly as Abraham Lincoln, whose presidency—for all of its many successes—did have what some consider a "dark side." Most famously, Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus in the first year of the Civil War, responding to riots and local militia actions in the border states by allowing the indefinite detention of "disloyal persons" without trial. Habeas corpus, which literally means "you have the body," is a constitutional mandate requiring the government to give prisoners access to the courts.

Lincoln ignored a Supreme Court justice's decision overturning his order, and over the next few years, the Great Emancipator, in one of the war's starkest ironies, allowed these new restrictions, which also imposed martial law in some volatile border areas and curbed freedom of speech and the press, to expand throughout the Northern states.

http://www.usnews.com/news/history/articles/2009/02/10/revoking-civil-liberties-lincolns-constitutional-dilemma